Metal Storm logo
Kylesa - Share New Album Title And Release Date

We already knew that Kylesa would be releasing a new album this year following 2010's Spiral Shadow. Now the Savannah-based quintet has announced the title and release date of their forthcoming album. One of the most anticipated releases of 2013 for many will be called Ultraviolet and it will hit stores on May 24th in Europe (May 28th in North America) under Season Of Mist.

"Unspoken", a new song from the eleven-track album, is available now for people who subscribe to the Season of Mist newsletter. If you already subscribed to the newsletter, you can still get the MP3. All you have to do is enter your email address in the widget at this location.

"Whereas Spiral Shadow was a warm album suggesting concepts of hope, Ultraviolet is a bit colder and darker", explains songwriter/guitar player Laura Pleasants. "All of our studio albums have their own unique identity and we've always been a band who strives for something different than what current fads suggest. With Ultraviolet, we took a step inward and wrote music that we felt we had to write; this album centers around the multiple themes of loss and you can feel it in the music. Everyone goes through it during their lifetime and this record reflects that experience."

Kylesa recorded Ultraviolet at The Jam Room in Columbia, South Carolina with the band's guitar player/songwriter and producer, Phillip Cope (Baroness, Black Tusk) once again overseeing production.

The band will return to the road in May but the details will only be announced later.

Source: season-of-mist.com
Band profile: Kylesa
Posted: 26.02.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 11   Visited by: 74 users
26.02.2013 - 21:03
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
Colder and darker? That sounds interesting for a sludge release. I'm quite excited for this.
26.02.2013 - 21:10
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Alex F on 26.02.2013 at 21:03

Colder and darker? That sounds interesting for a sludge release. I'm quite excited for this.

Also seems to be the antithesis of the last record's feel with the amount of psychedelia it had.
26.02.2013 - 21:13
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
Written by [user id=4365] on 26.02.2013 at 21:10

Also seems to be the antithesis of the last record's feel with the amount of psychedelia it had.

I think that's what they are going for, given this quote: "Whereas Spiral Shadow was a warm album suggesting concepts of hope, Ultraviolet is a bit colder and darker"
26.02.2013 - 21:23
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
I only own/heard To Walk A Middle Course and Spiral Shadow. I loved them both so I'm definitely interested.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
26.02.2013 - 21:30
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Alex F on 26.02.2013 at 21:13

I think that's what they are going for, given this quote: "Whereas Spiral Shadow was a warm album suggesting concepts of hope, Ultraviolet is a bit colder and darker"

So it does
26.02.2013 - 22:43
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
This makes me happy.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
26.02.2013 - 22:52
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
Written by X-Ray Rod on 26.02.2013 at 21:23

I only own/heard To Walk A Middle Course and Spiral Shadow. I loved them both so I'm definitely interested.

You should definitely listen to Time Will Fuse Its Worth. My favorite of their releases with Spiral Shadow being the runner up.
27.02.2013 - 03:35
Paz
Elite
I also can't wait for this...
27.02.2013 - 10:55
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
I'm really digging the new song. Now I'm even more excited for this.
----

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
27.02.2013 - 11:57
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Damn... These guys were not kidding about the "colder and darker" comment. The riffs have a more imposing and well... dark feeling to them. The psychedelic tunes are also wonderful since they enhace that atmosphere even more. If the whole album is of this quality, well... It could easily go into many people's top 10 list of 2013.

The track is also on youtube btw but maybe it won't stay too long(?).
----
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
27.02.2013 - 18:12
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
The track they released is amazing. I have a crazy good feeling about this album.

Hits total: 3093 | This month: 10