Metal Storm logo
Stormwarrior

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 22.12.2006 - 05:13
Hello All

I would like to introduce one of my top favourite bands which MetalStorm has yet to add . Hailing from Hamburg, Germany and formed in 1998 is the mighty:

Stormwarrior

For those of you who thought that German Speed Metal was dead, well in terms of the wide variety of the scene, yes it is.....But it is not totally dead! For Stormwarrior's sound is reminiscent of bands like Helloween, Running Wild and a bit of early Blind Guardian. In all honesty they sound like a combination of Manowar and Helloween.....that'd be my opinion . The Metal that they play is undoubtedly TRUE and the sound quality for this genre has never been produced better!

They have so far released 2 albums (which Kai Hansen has had a hand in producing):
'StormWarrior' (2002)
'Northern Rage' (2004)

Fuck I love these guys!

The best songs for me are "Bounde By The Oath", "Signe Of The Warlorde", "Heavy Metal Fire" and their cover of "Heavy Metal (Is The Law)"

never heard them? check these out:

Music Video for their "Iron Prayers" song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ml921S2aO0

Their myspace page:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=67873953

and they have been in my signature for quite some time now

Enjoy MetalStormers!

19.04.2009 - 23:30
Janne
Hugin
Written by Lord_Regnier on 19.04.2009 at 22:48

Written by Janne on 19.04.2009 at 22:30

Yeah. And Stormwarrior simply plays power metal with viking themed lyrics, aren't they?

Power/speed metal, yes. (in an old school style very reminiscent of Helloween's "Walls Of Jericho")

They use viking themes, indeed but, personally (and it's very personal here) I would not add viking to the category because people tend to confuse viking with epic. And Stormwarrior's music is pretty much straightforward, it's not epic.
Viking doesn't equal epic, imo, because you can find many bands that are epic but don't use viking themes. For example, Summoning. It's very epic music but it has nothing to do with viking themes, it's Tolkien-related.

It's not epic for sure but why do you think ppl confuse viking and epic?
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
19.04.2009 - 23:59
Lord_Regnier
Written by Janne on 19.04.2009 at 23:30

Because in some people's mind, sword and shield (anything medieval in fact) = Epic

At least I've seen many Powermetal fans think that sword and dragons automatically equals epic, even when it's so over-the-top cheesy I personally can't take it seriously. Many times people refer to music as epic, it's not epic at all but just plain cheesy.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
20.04.2009 - 00:21
Janne
Hugin
Written by Lord_Regnier on 19.04.2009 at 23:59

Written by Janne on 19.04.2009 at 23:30

Because in some people's mind, sword and shield (anything medieval in fact) = Epic

At least I've seen many Powermetal fans think that sword and dragons automatically equals epic, even when it's so over-the-top cheesy I personally can't take it seriously. Many times people refer to music as epic, it's not epic at all but just plain cheesy.

Let's hope there are more normal people than those ones
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
20.04.2009 - 00:30
Lord_Regnier
People on this board seem to know their stuff well, in general, and to be reasonable. Much more than what I've seen on a few other boards.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
21.12.2011 - 10:48
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Just an fyi for fans out there, Stormwarrior are releasing a special four-track EP for those who purchase a ticket to Wolfsnaechte Tour 2012 here.

The track listing of the EP:
01. Powerwolf - Living On a Nightmare [previously unreleased]
02. Mystic Prophecy - World of Emptiness [rare Japanese bonus track]
03. Stormwarrior - Metal Legacy [rare Japanese bonus track, recorded live at the Masters of Rock Festival]
04. Lonewolf - Army of the Damned [from their upcoming album]
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
24.12.2011 - 19:23
JÄY
Metal slave
This band started out so promising....Speedy with excellent riffing throughout, but Heathen Warrior was quite the disappointment. They've fallowed the Euro-Power trend of watering down their music with chugga-chugga riffs and power chords. It sucks cause I love their first two LP's.
24.03.2020 - 20:00
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Stormwarrior will have small German tour and German viking axemen Wizard will support:

Wizard
WIZARD will support the mighty STORMWARRIOR (Official) on their Norsemen Tour 2020!

Together with our dutch friends from Steel Shock we will make this gigs unforgettable!

In these hard times support the metal and your favourite bands! Enough tours and gigs have been canceled. Let us look ahead positively! We can hardly await to return on stage for you!

Also we hope to add some more shows!

STAY METAL!

[/i]

Stormwarrior

[i]We are proud to announce the first dates of the upcoming "Norsemen" shows in fall 2020 together with German True Metal Masters WIZARD and the Dutch Hammer Battalion STEEL SHOCK !!!

No lip gloss, no superman costumes, no plastic swords, no playbacks - just PURE HEAVY METAL !!!

Stay tuned for more information on ticket sales etc.

Old School or No School !!!

----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing