Metal Storm logo
Motley Crue

Original post

Posted by Doc G., 28.04.2007 - 02:20
Heres a band that by all means should be on this site in my opinion. Helped start the 80s 'Hair Metal' movement. What does everyone else think of this band?
14.04.2009 - 00:28
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by Valentin B on 13.04.2009 at 10:06

Written by Dangerboner on 13.04.2009 at 04:33

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 09.04.2009 at 19:00

Horrible horrible band with inflated egos. Will unfortunately be seeing them this summer at Hellfest.
Relistening their stuff it is no wonder they were never popular at all in Europe (except for England) and that loads of tours were cancelled here due to lack of ticket sales.

So? Manowar is from the US but they're way more popular in Europe. Both bands are posers, right? I wouldn't know because I probably have never heard a song from both.

in all these years of listening to metal you never heard one manowar song? i wonder who's the poser now

@Dr Rock are they that terrible? when did you see them?

I've seen them twice, once they were on their own, the other time they were opening up for Aerosmith. Pretty much to sum it up, the tickets were outrageously overpriced (like $90 for nosebleed section), then they have the smoke machine going full fucking blast all the time so unless your 4 rows from the front all you see is just a wall of smoke with lights behind it, and occasionally you'd see Nikki Sixx's silhouette come forward. I don't think any of them took more than 4 steps in any direction from where they were originally standing. To top it all off, Vince Neil sang like SHIT, I could have gone up and done a better job, thats no exaggeration either, worst vocal performance I have ever seen.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
14.04.2009 - 09:51
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Doc G. on 14.04.2009 at 00:28

Written by Valentin B on 13.04.2009 at 10:06

Written by Dangerboner on 13.04.2009 at 04:33

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 09.04.2009 at 19:00

Horrible horrible band with inflated egos. Will unfortunately be seeing them this summer at Hellfest.
Relistening their stuff it is no wonder they were never popular at all in Europe (except for England) and that loads of tours were cancelled here due to lack of ticket sales.

So? Manowar is from the US but they're way more popular in Europe. Both bands are posers, right? I wouldn't know because I probably have never heard a song from both.

in all these years of listening to metal you never heard one manowar song? i wonder who's the poser now

@Dr Rock are they that terrible? when did you see them?

I've seen them twice, once they were on their own, the other time they were opening up for Aerosmith. Pretty much to sum it up, the tickets were outrageously overpriced (like $90 for nosebleed section), then they have the smoke machine going full fucking blast all the time so unless your 4 rows from the front all you see is just a wall of smoke with lights behind it, and occasionally you'd see Nikki Sixx's silhouette come forward. I don't think any of them took more than 4 steps in any direction from where they were originally standing. To top it all off, Vince Neil sang like SHIT, I could have gone up and done a better job, thats no exaggeration either, worst vocal performance I have ever seen.

lol thankfully i'm gonna be seeing them in a festival, damn, 99 $ for nosebleed seats is a complete scam(also, the whole 3 day ticket for the festival is something like 80$). i wouldn't pay that much even to see Judas Priest play a 2 hour set with Saxon and Iced Earth opening.

lol and it's always a self confidence boost to think that you could have done a better job than the vocalist at a concert i got that feeling from watching HIM's live show in Romania. he kept going like "aeehhehrhrhrhrh deaathh.. *puffing a cigarette* eeeaaaahhhheeehrooww love"
21.04.2009 - 05:40
Lord_Regnier
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 16.01.2008 at 19:38

All those bands played pop rock at best IMO and sucked majorly, thank God, they were NEVER appreciated in countries such as The Netherlands, Belgium and Germany, many a tour here was cancelled due to poor ticket sales.

Death To Posers...

Exactly. None of those cock rock bands deserve to be called metal. Anyway, call them glam rock, glam metal or whatever, I don't care. They're all superficial crap. And I despise glam rockers because they're arrogant douchebags in life.

As for "Death To Posers", there's a sentence who says: "We shall piss on your graves, kill your women, rape your daughters and torture your soul until eternity ends".
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
21.04.2009 - 12:44
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Lord_Regnier on 21.04.2009 at 05:40

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 16.01.2008 at 19:38

All those bands played pop rock at best IMO and sucked majorly, thank God, they were NEVER appreciated in countries such as The Netherlands, Belgium and Germany, many a tour here was cancelled due to poor ticket sales.

Death To Posers...

Exactly. None of those cock rock bands deserve to be called metal. Anyway, call them glam rock, glam metal or whatever, I don't care. They're all superficial crap. And I despise glam rockers because they're arrogant douchebags in life.

As for "Death To Posers", there's a sentence who says: "We shall piss on your graves, kill your women, rape your daughters and torture your soul until eternity ends".

As you can guess the "death to posers" quote I used has nothing to with the Kings of Cheese, but is a reference to the John Belushi of the Bay Area thrash scene, our dearly beloved mr. Paul Balloff
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

21.04.2009 - 13:49
Lord_Regnier
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 21.04.2009 at 12:44

Written by Lord_Regnier on 21.04.2009 at 05:40

As you can guess the "death to posers" quote I used has nothing to with the Kings of Cheese, but is a reference to the John Belushi of the Bay Area thrash scene, our dearly beloved mr. Paul Balloff

I'm aware that those Manowar Kings of Cheese used parts of my sentence sometimes but I quoted what is written in Nemesis Divina's booklet (Satyricon).
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
11.09.2009 - 12:20
Nighthowls
Paratrooper
Don't Go Away Mad ( Just Go Away)
30.09.2009 - 07:00
GamlaSonn
Too Fast For Love, Shout at the Devil and Girls Girls Girls, fun albums
10.10.2009 - 13:12
Hermann Langke
Brahmastra Corps
They are one of my fav. bands.although i believe that glam metal is all but shit.Dr. Feelgood is one of the best rock n' roll albums of all time.oh and they gave us how to live the decadent and hedonistic life-style.they tossed it with napalm.
02.04.2010 - 12:19
SATANSCHAMBER666
Account deleted
Motley Crue Rules There albums are awesome and they put on a great live show as well
10.08.2010 - 18:19
F0rang3l
Shout at the Devil and Dr. Feelgood are their best albums in my opinion. I saw them live 2 years ago and they are still awesome. Only Mick Mars didn't look well due to his sickness.
----
For there is a purpose and reason
Beyond all human apprehension
The shrieking silence in the blackness of space
26.11.2012 - 18:45
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Mötley Crüe writing new material.

New song streaming online( though I am not pretty sure about it!).

For more details, click here.
28.11.2019 - 11:22
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
MÖTLEY CRÜE singer Vince Neil underwent hand surgery earlier today (Wednesday, November 27) in his hometown of Nashville, Tennessee.
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
28.11.2019 - 14:25
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Irritable Ted on 28.11.2019 at 14:09

Written by Bad English on 28.11.2019 at 11:22

MÖTLEY CRÜE singer Vince Neil underwent GASTRIC Band surgery earlier today (Wednesday, November 27) in his hometown of Nashville, Tennessee.

Corrected it for you

da faq I dont get it? It copy past from blabber
----

apos;'
[image]
01.12.2021 - 08:09
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Global music company BMG has announced that it has acquired the entire recorded catalog of MÖTLEY CRÜE. Sources tell Variety the deal is valued at approximately $150 million, although other sources cited a significantly lower number.

The agreement includes the iconic band's entire recorded output spanning their 40-year career totaling nine studio albums from their 1981 debut "Too Fast For Love" through the latest release in 2008 "Saints Of Los Angeles", as well as several platinum-selling live albums and compilation sets.
----

apos;'
[image]
02.11.2022 - 17:41
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Motley Crue Guitarist Mick Mars to Retire From Touring

https://variety.com/2022/music/news/motley-crue-mick-mars-retire-touring-1235415269/
----

apos;'
[image]
02.11.2022 - 17:44
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
MÖTLEY CRÜE has officially recruited John 5 as its new guitarist following Mick Mars's decision to no longer tour with the band.

Earlier today, MÖTLEY CRÜE released the following statement: "While change is never easy, we accept Mick's decision to retire from the band due to the challenges with his health. We have watched Mick manage his Ankylosing Spondylitis for decades and he has always managed it with utmost courage and grace.

"To say 'enough is enough' is the ultimate act of courage. Mick's sound helped define MÖTLEY CRÜE from the minute he plugged in his guitar at our very first rehearsal together. The rest, as they say, is history. We'll continue to honor his musical legacy.

"We will carry out Mick's wish and continue to tour the world as planned in 2023. No doubt will it take an absolutely outstanding musician to fill Mick's shoes so we are grateful that our good friend, John 5 has agreed to come on board and join us moving forward. We'll see all you Crüeheads out on the road!"

Added John 5: "I'm honored to carry on Mick's legacy and am looking forward to playing these songs."

https://twitter.com/MotleyCrue/status/1585721342166372352
----

apos;'
[image]
21.11.2022 - 09:16
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
MÖTLEY CRÜE and DEF LEPPARD's previously announced shows in Curitiba, Brazil and Porto Alegre, Brazil, which were slated to take place on March 9, 2023 and March 11, 2023, respectively, have been canceled due to "logistical issues". The two bands' sole other Brazilian date, on March 7 at Allianz Parque in São Paulo, will go ahead as scheduled.

https://twitter.com/CanalRIFF/status/1593280175201992704
----

apos;'
[image]
21.11.2022 - 09:32
JoHn Doe
Written by Bad English on 21.11.2022 at 09:16

MÖTLEY CRÜE and DEF LEPPARD's previously announced shows in Curitiba, Brazil and Porto Alegre, Brazil, which were slated to take place on March 9, 2023 and March 11, 2023, respectively, have been cancelled due to "logistical issues". The two bands' sole other Brazilian date, on March 7 at Allianz Parque in São Paulo, will go ahead as scheduled.

Neither have released anything interesting in years. I don't get it how anyone can get excited by this.
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
21.11.2022 - 09:36
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by JoHn Doe on 21.11.2022 at 09:32

Written by Bad English on 21.11.2022 at 09:16

MÖTLEY CRÜE and DEF LEPPARD's previously announced shows in Curitiba, Brazil and Porto Alegre, Brazil, which were slated to take place on March 9, 2023 and March 11, 2023, respectively, have been cancelled due to "logistical issues". The two bands' sole other Brazilian date, on March 7 at Allianz Parque in São Paulo, will go ahead as scheduled.

Neither have released anything interesting in years. I don't get it how anyone can get excited by this.

Well I have not seen then live but classics is out there and if I remember correct each member get 3 millions from just touring in USA
Brazilians might attend in big numbers ----
----

apos;'
[image]
21.11.2022 - 09:45
JoHn Doe
Written by Bad English on 21.11.2022 at 09:36

Written by JoHn Doe on 21.11.2022 at 09:32

Well I have not seen then live but classics is out there and if I remember correct each member get 3 millions from just touring in USA
Brazilians might attend in big numbers ----

Vince Neil can't sing much anymore, Mick Mars has retired, they are not young anymore, I don't know... 60 something musicians playing Girls Girls Girls might be weird.
Def Leppard has released a few poor albums, I guess they'll play some hits, still I wouldn't go see them.
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
21.11.2022 - 09:46
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by JoHn Doe on 21.11.2022 at 09:45

Vince Neil can't sing much anymore, Mick Mars has retired, they are not young anymore, I don't know... 60 something musicians playing Girls Girls Girls might be weird.
Def Leppard has released a few poor albums, I guess they'll play some hits, still I wouldn't go see them.

I would not go see DF, but see MC whit Mars I would do it, but then again, ticket price. Those bands just eats old time glory and can sell it
----

apos;'
[image]
21.11.2022 - 09:56
JoHn Doe
Written by Bad English on 21.11.2022 at 09:46

I would not go see DF, but see MC whit Mars I would do it, but then again, ticket price. Those bands just eats old time glory and can sell it

Mick Mars has retired, I think he's in frail health, he deserves some peace and quiet, to take care of himself.
----
21.11.2022 - 09:57
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by JoHn Doe on 21.11.2022 at 09:56

Written by Bad English on 21.11.2022 at 09:46

Mick Mars has retired, I think he's in frail health, he deserves some peace and quiet, to take care of himself.

Yes from live shows, but not studio, I would say its time to end the party after this tour.
----

apos;'
[image]
21.11.2022 - 10:02
JoHn Doe
Written by Bad English on 21.11.2022 at 09:57

Written by JoHn Doe on 21.11.2022 at 09:56

Yes from live shows, but not studio, I would say its time to end the party after this tour.

Didn't they retire a few years ago, now they're back. Vince Neil can't sing anymore, not that he was ever a great singer anyway. Maybe they have an audience still, in the States at least.

If i want to listen to them, I play their second album, just for nostalgia sake.
----
21.11.2022 - 10:04
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by JoHn Doe on 21.11.2022 at 10:02

Didn't they retire a few years ago, now they're back. Vince Neil can't sing anymore, not that he was ever a great singer anyway. Maybe they have an audience still, in the States at least.

If i want to listen to them, I play their second album, just for nostalgia sake.

I like all to and inc ''Dr. Feelgood'' after it its rubbish. Yes they did , but reformed for live shows (you know life is expensive in the Hollywood they needs greens)
----

apos;'
[image]
21.11.2022 - 10:08
JoHn Doe
Written by Bad English on 21.11.2022 at 10:04

I like all to and inc ''Dr. Feelgood'' after it its rubbish. Yes they did , but reformed for live shows (you know life is expensive in the Hollywood they needs greens)

An expensive life style, you're probably right.
----
21.11.2022 - 10:10
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by JoHn Doe on 21.11.2022 at 10:08

Written by Bad English on 21.11.2022 at 10:04

An expensive life style, you're probably right.

Well Gene Simons has problem cell his house in Las Vegas , he drops 1 million time to time, I think Crew members has same problems in a past.
----

apos;'
[image]
02.12.2022 - 14:08
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Bad English on 02.11.2022 at 17:44

MÖTLEY CRÜE has officially recruited John 5 as its new guitarist following Mick Mars's decision to no longer tour with the band.

Earlier today, MÖTLEY CRÜE released the following statement: "While change is never easy, we accept Mick's decision to retire from the band due to the challenges with his health. We have watched Mick manage his Ankylosing Spondylitis for decades and he has always managed it with utmost courage and grace.

"To say 'enough is enough' is the ultimate act of courage. Mick's sound helped define MÖTLEY CRÜE from the minute he plugged in his guitar at our very first rehearsal together. The rest, as they say, is history. We'll continue to honor his musical legacy.

"We will carry out Mick's wish and continue to tour the world as planned in 2023. No doubt will it take an absolutely outstanding musician to fill Mick's shoes so we are grateful that our good friend, John 5 has agreed to come on board and join us moving forward. We'll see all you Crüeheads out on the road!"

Added John 5: "I'm honored to carry on Mick's legacy and am looking forward to playing these songs."

https://twitter.com/MotleyCrue/status/1585721342166372352

Interesting
https://blabbermouth.net/news/john-corabi-doesnt-believe-a-word-of-motley-crues-statement-about-mick-marss-retirement
----

apos;'
[image]