Metal Storm logo
Youtubers

23.06.2022 - 23:42
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Do you watch youtubers? What are your favorites? Wanna share some random clip? Post anything about them here.

Nowadays I don't have the patience to sit through entire movies or series anymore (in fact I find myself pausing 20-minute anime episodes because I need a break) but watching gamer youtubers playing games is something I can stand for hours. There is something relatable about someone playing the games that you played. Especially when it comes to blind playthroughs. I guess it's the closest you can have to experiencing the game for the first time again.

These days I have been binging starcraft 1 blind playthroughs, witnessing first timers fail hard with low apm. It's so fun to watch. Much more relatable than watching the pros micromanaging in three different places of the map at the same time clicking 5000 times per second, that's for sure.
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
24.06.2022 - 03:39
F3ynman2000
Nocturnal Bro
Contributor
At the moment I watch several things, mostly humor-related, but also some educational stuff and movie/video game critics:

I watch many chess channels like IM Eric Rosen, IM Levy Rozman, and GM Hikaru Nakamura. I've recently also discovered GM Daniel Naroditsky's channel.

For pure humor, I love watching the comedy sketches of Joel Haver, which I very highly recommend! I also love the Spider-man YTP edits and community post memes of The Human Spider and the snarky video game commentary of Dunkey.

For some scathing movie and TV criticism, I like watching The Crirical Drinker's stuff and MauLer.

For general random funny stuff I also check out Danny Gonzalez and Drew Gooden.

This channel has nice daily compilations of the newest dank memes.

For informative and thought-provoking topics, I check out Kurzgesagt.

For high-quality full metal album streams, I can recommend Death Metal Supply.

And lastly, I never miss an installment of Daily Dose of Internet!
24.06.2022 - 09:21
Roman Doez
Hallucigenia
There is no youtuber that compares to the chaos and fun of DougDoug, he's pobably the only youtuber that still makes me laugh out loud
24.06.2022 - 09:47
Redel
Doug Helvering: Classical Composer Reacting to...
He is spinning popular metal albums on every Monday ("Metal Monday").
And he is not a metalhead.
Awesome...
https://www.youtube.com/c/rdouglashelvering
24.06.2022 - 22:16
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by F3ynman2000 on 24.06.2022 at 03:39

I watch many chess channels like IM Eric Rosen, IM Levy Rozman, and GM Hikaru Nakamura. I've recently also discovered GM Daniel Naroditsky's channel.

Oh yeah, chess channels. Those are fun to watch. Have you heard of Jonathan Schranz's channel? It's one of my favorites. He's like a mad scientist of chess, having invented weird gambits and beaten stockfish with them on the hardest level. He's like a Eric Rosen on steroids
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
25.06.2022 - 10:15
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
Staff
For music related stuff there's ToddInTheShadows, deepcuts, Polyphonic, Goniloc.

For movie related stuff there's CineFix, Macabre Storytelling, Taylor J. Williams, Thomas Flight, Nerdwriter1.

For gaming it's The Spiffing Brit.

For science stuff it's Primer.

For the large umbrella term of social commentary it's Innuendo Studios, Salari, Three Arrows, T1J, Mia Mulder, Knowing Better, Renegade Cut, Alice Cappelle, Johnny Harris, ContraPoints, Zoe Bee, F.D. Signifier.

For video essays about strange things it's Atrocity Guide, Barely Sociable, LEMMiNO.

For skits it's Man Carrying Things, JrEg, Alasdair Beckett-King.

And everybody knows Internet Historian.
----
Do you think if the heart keeps on shrinking
One day there will be no heart at all?
05.12.2022 - 14:03
Starvynth
i c deaf people
Staff

This video was uploaded for all those who are willing to waste two hours of their lives listening to a self-proclaimed metal fan who thinks Bolt Thrower is a generic death metal band - and that's just one of his countless bad takes.
Enjoy!
----
signatures = SPAM
05.12.2022 - 17:33
Redel
Written by Starvynth on 05.12.2022 at 14:03

This video

I was in for 11 seconds. Then I was thinking about "willing to waste two hours" more carefully. And was out again in an instant.
05.12.2022 - 18:02
Metal Rasputin
My all time favourite youtube channel is The Great War, a great channel full of WW1 related content, including well researched videos about the Great war week by week with all kinds of bonus content focusing on topics like trench warfare, important personalities, weaponry, tanks... it's great shit. I must have watched that series at least three or four times over the years, it's so damn good. Since Finland wasn't fighting the war, there isn't that much quality content here anyway, it's the WW2 most Finns are really interested in.

Oh yeah, History with Cy is one of the best. It's all about the ancient history of Middle East and Mesopotamia, Babylon, Sumer, Egypt etc. Watching this stuff makes me feel like I'm actually learning something, useless maybe, but so awesome. There's not that much high quality literacy about these things just laying around, back when I was just a student I was adviced to learn French and German just so I could get my hands on the really good shit.
----
You've got a lot of guts. Let's see what they look like!
05.12.2022 - 20:54
F3ynman2000
Nocturnal Bro
Contributor

This video was uploaded for all those who are willing to waste two hours of their lives listening to a self-proclaimed metal fan who thinks Bolt Thrower is a generic death metal band - and that's just one of his countless bad takes.
Enjoy!

Well, I watched it. Was interesting to see someone's live takes on MetalStorm's ranking.

Some thoughts and my reactions to his bad hot takes:
- hasn't listened to Mayhem's classic all the way through
- "Entombed Left Hand Path isn't fun"
- "Isis Oceanic is great"
- at least he calls Exodus "trash"
- likes Edge Of Sanity Crimson II
- "Dimmu Borgir is poser black metal"
- "South of Heaven is meh". I mean, it's not my favorite either but it's got some killer songs, come on!
- "Pantera - Cowboys is better than Vulgar"
- "I hate Dave Mustaine. Peace Sells album is shitty- title track is decent, Conjuring and Wake up dead is good, Black Friday is my favorite" So does he like it or not? "If you think Peace Sells is 10/10 best Megadeth then something went wrong with you" Welp, I guess I'm one of those messed up people.
- "Progressive black metal I don't really get". So he doesn't like Enslaved, hasn't heard of DSO, doesn't like the production of Mayhem, finds Dimmu Borgir poser BM. Just say you don't like black metal, period!
- "Sad Wings of Destiny is classic" damn right
- "Metal Storm isn't reliable because it has so many non-metal bands, but I like the ranking system" I mean, I kind of agree that we dont need to have Led Zeppelin and AC/DC on the "top metal albums" list. Have them on the site, but not on the official ranking list. Then you also have room for more metal
- 35:19 "Summoning - awful band. I don't get it. *belch*"
- "Sabbath Bloody Sabbath - I think that's the first Black Sabbath album"
- "album covers of Mercyful Fate are great" ,"Jester Race is great" , "I prefer Dissection to Windir" , "Morbid Angel great cover art"
- "Moonspell and Estatic Fear I don't know"
- "I don't listen to 1-song albums" I kind of agree, except for Crimson. 1-song albums can easily veer into the realm of boredom, sadly.
- "Bolt Thrower is generic and I don't like it"
- "Somewhere in Time my favorite Iron Maiden. Alexander the Great is epic"
- "Gojira are mid-tier, mid as fuck, I don't get it", "Candlemass, not my thing"
- "I prefer Mercyful Fate over King Diamond solo" preach!
- "I hate Summoning (again)"
- 1:22:59 "I'm not really interested in modern anything. I'm a boomer" But earlier he said that he doesn't listen to old-school metal. So what DOES he listen to?
- "Brains are gross. Why put that on an album cover? Of course, brains are essential. Without a brain, I couldn't make this video." Are you sure about that? You fooled me
- "Be'lakor Stone's Reach- I don't get it"
- "Master of Reality probably my favorite Black Sabbath"
- "Immortal At the Heart of Winter - generic black metal band" Has he named a black metal band that isn't according to him poser or generic?!
- "Dissection: I don't like Storm of the Light's Bane. I prefer the first album and the third is my favorite. Storm of the Lights Bane doesnt go anywhere. The songs are aimless"
- "Rainbow Rising is inconsistent" yeah I kind of agree. It's kind of backloaded.
- "Powerslave is overrated and emm.... I've never listened to this album, to be honest"
- "Painkiller: the songs sound like a derivative of the title track. A lot sounds the same"
- "Without Judgement is my favorite song on Symbolic"
- "Rust in Peace is better than Symbolic, but not my personal favorite"
05.12.2022 - 23:30
Starvynth
i c deaf people
Staff
Written by F3ynman2000 on 05.12.2022 at 20:54

Well, I watched it. Was interesting to see someone's live takes on MetalStorm's ranking.

I watched the whole thing on Saturday night, about 5 hours after the live stream, which was kind of funny because the current Shoutbox and the one from the video were almost identical.

Some more pretty odd statements that caught my eye...

Quote:
Bathory: I forgot the fucken' guy's name. Quayton or something?
Saturnus: I don't get that band. They weird me out.
Mgła: I don't know. I think this dude burned down a fucking village or something. He's a black metal killer.

Ensiferum - Ensiferum: Awesome album, one of my favorite folk metal albums probably, so that shit is good.
Ensiferum - Iron: Fucking awesome album. Fucking amazing band. Fucking eargasm. Such a good band.
Moonsorrow: I don't know.

I don't mind people having controversial opinions, but this guy sounds like he only started listening to metal two months ago, and yet he feels called to give his opinion on 200 albums, of which he only knows about two-thirds?
Seriously, how can someone who doesn't know Be'lakor call melodeath his favorite genre? Also, not knowing Moonsorrow but calling Ensiferum one of his absolute favorites is just plain absurd.
Besides, his unrestrained enthusiasm for In Flames is downright irritating. I wonder if he ever listened to Siren Charms and all the other garbage from their last 5 albums.

That can't be a rock he's been living under for the last 15 years, it must have been a massive mountain range.
----
signatures = SPAM
06.12.2022 - 00:13
F3ynman2000
Nocturnal Bro
Contributor
Written by Starvynth on 05.12.2022 at 23:30

I watched the whole thing on Saturday night, about 5 hours after the live stream, which was kind of funny because the current Shoutbox and the one from the video were almost identical.

Hehe yeah I was also pleasantly surprised to see myself in the Shoutbox.

Written by Starvynth on 05.12.2022 at 23:30

I don't mind people having controversial opinions, but this guy sounds like he only started listening to metal two months ago, and yet he feels called to give his opinion on 200 albums, of which he only knows about two-thirds?

I mean, to be fair, I don't know all of the 200 albums either. And, going in, he didn't know which albums would be in the top 200.

Anyway, seeing wrong strange opinions on those albums reminds me of how I sometimes like watching terrible reviews about movies that I enjoy. If they say they don't like something that I do, I instinctively come up with a counter argument. It then hits me again how good that thing is that I enjoy and makes me appreciate it even more.

So, listening to his bad takes gets me motivated to listen to all those great albums he can't appreciate again
10.12.2022 - 23:13
F3ynman2000
Nocturnal Bro
Contributor

This video

I wanna see this guy's reaction to our two infamous Blackwater Park reviews
01.06.2023 - 02:35
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Redlettermeda - Mike surprises Rich by stumbling on a flyer for Milwaukee Metal Fest and the two spend 20+ minutes laughing at and or with metal bands names.

----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
01.06.2023 - 03:22
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by BitterCOld on 01.06.2023 at 02:35

Redlettermeda - Mike surprises Rich by stumbling on a flyer for Milwaukee Metal Fest and the two spend 20+ minutes laughing at and or with metal bands names.

Immediately thought of you when this came up in my subscription feed. Talk about worlds colliding.

Also Metal Blade commented offering Goatwhore merch
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
01.06.2023 - 16:17
Zap
Written by Troy Killjoy on 01.06.2023 at 03:22

I just imagine some bored office worker at Metal Blade watching Redlettermedia at work. Maybe I'm projecting...
02.06.2023 - 00:37
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
"MatrixV01
MatrixV01
20 hours ago
I am the drummer of DEVOURMENT and a massive RLM fan. They said this crossover would never happen and I told them they were all wrong. I’m so happy right now I could cry. - Brad Fincher (DEVOURMENT) "

Cambodian Death Camp
17 hours ago
I'm just disappointed they didn't make fun of us

-Stoned Jesus
-12 hours ago
-same!

--Osmium Guillotine
--12 hours ago
--I came here to say this.
----

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
17.06.2023 - 22:31
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Been following this channel for entertainment to see his dissection about metal songs from a Christian perspective.

This edition of Slayer's Disciple was mystifying.

24.06.2023 - 10:09
Brutal Water
I recently found this youtuber called Maniacal Cinephile whose channel "Stitched Together Pictures" turned out to be right up my alley. He has a video series called "Boots to Reboots" which I find to be satisfying to watch (partially due to him stomping the DVDs of shitty movies to tiny bits).

----
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.
27.06.2023 - 23:26
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by Troy Killjoy on 01.06.2023 at 03:22

And their latest kicks off with Rich and Mike opening a giftbox from Metal Blade.

Not a bad haul.
----