Metal Storm logo
King Diamond - In The Studio

King Diamond guitarist Andy La Rocque confirmed on his Facebook page last Friday that the band is back in the studio "working on some stuff" for their long-awaited new album The Institute, after years of setbacks and false starts. To be released later this year or next year, The Institute will be the first studio album from King Diamond since 2007's Give Me Your Soul... Please.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: King Diamond
Posted: 17.06.2024 by Metal God

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 12   Visited by: 83 users
18.06.2024 - 00:37
Lord Slothrop
Very excited... and skeptical.
18.06.2024 - 13:57
Antidote
The lack of comments here shows that fans are losing interest...and belief. Can't blame them though...
18.06.2024 - 15:11
TortoiseSage
I really hope that this album is FINALLY getting recorded and then can get the new Mercyful Fate album next!!
18.06.2024 - 16:29
sbgmetal
Cool story bro
18.06.2024 - 17:40
skelator
This will never happen
----
Best Metal Albums of 2023: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9jaZJRBeBw

Best Metal Demos: www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HtsgSQjV44
18.06.2024 - 17:50
musclassia
Staff
Having recently gone through the whole studio recording process for an album, I find myself curious about what is actually causing such a protracted process; the 2020 article linked in the news article mentioned that KD has a studio in his house, so recording availability shouldn't be a factor. Presumably they either can't finalize the songs they want to record or they can't get good takes, not sure which is a worse omen for the album's likelihood of being finished/sounding good
18.06.2024 - 23:24
Nejde
Written by musclassia on 18.06.2024 at 17:50

Having recently gone through the whole studio recording process for an album, I find myself curious about what is actually causing such a protracted process; the 2020 article linked in the news article mentioned that KD has a studio in his house, so recording availability shouldn't be a factor. Presumably they either can't finalize the songs they want to record or they can't get good takes, not sure which is a worse omen for the album's likelihood of being finished/sounding good

Maybe they should ask Jari (Wintersun) for pointers
19.06.2024 - 14:45
Metal God
Contributor
Written by TortoiseSage on 18.06.2024 at 15:11

I really hope that this album is FINALLY getting recorded and then can get the new Mercyful Fate album next!!

Sure hope so too!
19.06.2024 - 14:48
Metal God
Contributor
Written by skelator on 18.06.2024 at 17:40

This will never happen

We'll never know. If it comes out this year or next year, it would have beaten Guns N' Roses' longest gap between records (Chinese Democracy was released some 17/15 years after Use Your Illusion/The Spaghetti Incident while The Institute also came out 17 years ago). I'm more interested in new King or Mercyful than new GN'R anyway.
19.06.2024 - 17:13
Archie 666
Written by Lord Slothrop on 18.06.2024 at 00:37

Very excited... and skeptical.

Very skeptical... and excited.
19.06.2024 - 22:18
Hellcult
About the fucking time!
----
And I see the blade fall down upon the head of lord in heaven
And Darkness falls upon the end of history
While I drink the milk of the Black Goddess and cry over the mankind

Black Moses is my name...
20.06.2024 - 15:30
The Galactician
Written by musclassia on 18.06.2024 at 17:50

100%.

I saw them live for an Institution tour...before the pandemic! Something is definitely off here beyond any normal album delays.

King was crazy prolific for like two full decades. Can't really blame the guy for wanting to slow way down, especially post triple-bypass. But teasing an album for 5 or 6 years is just weird.

Hits total: 1611 | This month: 1611