Metal Storm logo
Wintersun - Upcoming Album Frustrations

Kai Hahto, drummer of Wintersun, has posted the following album update on their message board:

"Hey Everybody,

I'm making a little statement where we are at the moment. We're having a lot of problems with our computer at the moment. This resuslts in much frustration and also kills the inspiritation, because we cannot work as we want to and for example one wrong note can cause a whole days work. So the situation is now this. We are finished with everything else except the vocals and synths. We are talking about more orchestral stuff with layers on top of each other, and some songs have some cool choirs!

People, please understand that the scale for this album is much bigger than the first one. I love the first one too, but you can't compare these two at all.

One thing you should also know: When the album is ready mixed and mastered Nuclear Blast will need 3 months to promote it before it's out. It's a huge company and it has it's own ways of working. But let's think this way, we die someday but the music lives on after we have left. And that is just what music should be. Jari has the vision as only he knows and he can't give up until the album is ready but he wants to make sure that he is happy with it before leaving it to you... to listen. Thank you for the patience and we'll keep you informed!"

The full statement can be read here.

Source: wintermadness.net
Band profile: Wintersun
Posted: 22.12.2007 by FeskarN

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 51   Visited by: 235 users
22.12.2007 - 15:24
Warman
Erotic Stains
Hehehe, there will probably be no Time...
----
22.12.2007 - 15:27
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
"Time" was and still a perfect title album for this one
22.12.2007 - 15:31
FOOCK Nam
I been longing for their new stuff for long time. I believe as the statement of Kai, it will be good or maybe better than the first one.
22.12.2007 - 15:33
Fane
Just keep the vocals same and Im happy ^__^
----
Coffee for power
Music for creativity
Sarcasm for fun
22.12.2007 - 15:40
Piro
If they gave us a demo track I would be happy. Seems like every few months they come up with more excuses. I really hope it will be good. Espeiclaly if it takes them this long to make the album.
----
<Philosophy>Insert Intelligent Sounding yet meaningless Philosophical Quote Here</Philosophy>
22.12.2007 - 16:04
Valar
IndianSteel
Whiners....
----
"It's a dangerous business, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." - J.R.R. Tolkien, "Three Is Company," The Lord of the Rings
22.12.2007 - 16:11
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
As long as the cd turns out fine its what matters.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
22.12.2007 - 16:24
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Yeah... for waitning soo long, he mustnt give us bad album... So, at least 4 months huh?
----
22.12.2007 - 16:25
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
"We're having a lot of problems with our computer"
22.12.2007 - 16:25
CrimsonSoaked
Account deleted
" But let's think this way, we die someday but the music lives on after we have left. And that is just what music should be "

This part concerns . Ecspecially the word 'die'
22.12.2007 - 17:01
4look4rd
The Sasquatch
so their computer is having problems with RAM?

Someone tell them to get a Mac Pro with 16gigs of RAM..... I think this will make things better ><
----
22.12.2007 - 17:02
Talvi
I'm expecting so much I will end disappointed...
----
My account on other musical pages:
http://www.last.fm/user/Pozito/
http://rateyourmusic.com/~Talvi
22.12.2007 - 17:02
Stigmatized
This album better destroy every album ever made. Especially considering how overrated the first album is.
22.12.2007 - 17:08
bluemobiusx
Account deleted
Eh, this is old news, was posted on Dec 4th on their messageboard, and i saw it then...just be patient, the album will come out sometime in the not too distant future and I'm sure it will be great. 2008 is looking to be a good year for metal.
22.12.2007 - 17:43
Judas
The Amputator
Wintersun flight number 002 to 'Time' has been delayed. Passengers are advised to avoid building their hopes up too much.
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
22.12.2007 - 18:53
Infurnace
It will take a lot more "time" before the record will be finally out..
22.12.2007 - 18:56
duyhung
Account deleted
Hahah patience is the most important thing to a metalhead..., just look at Haggard fans
22.12.2007 - 19:04
selken
Irreligious
This is a bad sign for me, an albums with delays means that the band is having a lot of pressure, and so they cannot be fully fuocused in the music, but in the reaction of the fans and their peers. Personally the delays just make me lost the credibillity of the band, or maybe they are just having bad times with Windows Vista (USE LINUX XDDDDD, or WinXP at lest ), anyway good luck to them.
----
22.12.2007 - 19:14
Bararey
Winter is Coming
Elite
haha those guys have worse luck than I do

So should we be expecting an '09 release date?
----
"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died."
Ser Jorah Mormont
22.12.2007 - 19:28
aljazek
Account deleted
Take your TIME Wintersun
22.12.2007 - 19:51
HardSide
This is the Duken Nukem Forver of music...Well not really, Chinease Democracy definately holds that spot, but wintersun is very close.

Hopefully they change their sound a bit then the first album, good album but definately gets old over time.
22.12.2007 - 21:35
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
what if this album was all a practical joke. Jari just says sorry you had to wait such a long TIME... but Wintersun never accually happened.
----
Coldgrits
22.12.2007 - 21:41
tiimmmmmyyy
Written by Stigmatized on 22.12.2007 at 17:02

This album better destroy every album ever made. Especially considering how overrated the first album is.

hahaha took the words out of my mouth.
----
-Tim
22.12.2007 - 22:00
4look4rd
The Sasquatch
Written by tiimmmmmyyy on 22.12.2007 at 21:41

Written by Stigmatized on 22.12.2007 at 17:02

hahaha took the words out of my mouth.

I really like the first album and it does deserve its glory, however some people seem to worship it way too much xD
----
22.12.2007 - 22:09
RavenLord
This is beginning to take the piss now.

I suppose the one consolation is that they can't do anything about finishing the album until they get the studio time, anyway, so it doesn't really matter whether everything's recorded now or in the next 4 months.
----
22.12.2007 - 22:17
Meh I just want it to be released at it's best. Id rather this than having them take short cuts.

"But let's think this way, we die someday but the music lives on after we have left. ... he can't give up until the album is ready but he wants to make sure that he is happy with it before leaving it to you..." <-- makes it sound like Jari's gonna kill himself after the album is out :/
22.12.2007 - 22:21
FrostbittenIlham
Account deleted
Again, am I the only one who doesn't care?
23.12.2007 - 00:45
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
i would say a pun involving 'time', byut i belioeve there is already enough (far too much) on this page. but wintersun, good luck, cannot wait for the album, hope u can get ur computer working!
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
23.12.2007 - 06:23
Opium
Account deleted
Written by [user id=18405] on 22.12.2007 at 22:21

Again, am I the only one who doesn't care?

Why do you even bother posting?

This is bad news indeed, but understandable that they would rather be inspired when creating and altering the music.
23.12.2007 - 06:34
Northern-Warrior
Account deleted
Its cetainly taking its "Time" but i feel this album will be worth the wait and once again we shall feel the sudden chill of the wintersun..

Hits total: 7540 | This month: 1