The Principle Of Evil Made Flesh
Bitter Suites To Succubi
Lovecraft & Witch Hearts
Live Bait For The Dead

Total votes: 202
11.06.2006 - 22:18
belgianmetalman
Account deleted
It's quite simple, I would like to know what album of Cradle Of Filth you like best, with a good reason (an explanation in musical likability such as : vocals, drums and guitars or other).

My vote went out to Damnation and a Day, I really like what they've done there. Once again subliminal vocals, a full guitar sound, nice drums and immortal lyrics.
It's hard to pick a favourite song off of this one ..
I'd say :
The Promise of Fever
Better To Reign In Hell
Carrion
Presents From The Poison-Hearted
Mannequin
Bab(a)lon AD (So Glad For The Madness)
The Smoke Of Her Burning
Thank God For The Suffering
Hurt And Virtue

I know this is about half the album, but those are just kickass songs. This album made me love Cradle Of Filth!

Discuss your taste!
11.06.2006 - 22:40
Proud Autumn
Account deleted
This was pretty easy for me, actually. Midian. I think they had their best line-up here, for one thing. The theme and feel of the album is just perfect, right on; musically it's varied but has a continuous pulse running through it. And of course Dani is in top form here, with both the lyrics and vocals. Not to be pessimistic, but I'll be surprised if they ever top Midian. It's full of classic Cradle songs.

I really enjoy all of Cradle's albums. They're unique and great at pulling off things that most bands couldn't get away with.
12.06.2006 - 00:48
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Dusk...And Her Embrace is the only Cradle of Filth album that I somewhat like, so I voted for it. It has some decent song structures, but this album has Dani's best vocals.
12.06.2006 - 06:02
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Obviously "The Principle Of Evil Made Flesh"... that album has a blood-chilling atmosphere, a very scary ambient and some of the most beuatiful lyrics I had ever read in Metal...

Dani Filth can be an asshole but he's one of the most creative Metal artists ever... I think CoF went downhill since Midian, but their first albums are awesome.
12.06.2006 - 18:10
Nightmare^
My favourite CoF album is Cruelty and the Beast...although their line-up isn't that good as the one in Midian, the Cruelty album is the best...it combines atmosphere and darkness, it has a very good sound, some of Cof's best songs and the epic Bathory Aria(a fucking awesome piece of art)....One of my favourite albums in general
----
12.06.2006 - 23:54
Empty Spaces
Unburied At Dusk
Dusk... And Her Embrace has always been my favorite so voted for it. I love the atmosphere and Dani's vocals are awesome. Next would either be The Principle of Evil Made Flesh or Cruelty And The Beast.
13.06.2006 - 22:34
bangladesh
I think that the Cruelty and the Beast have a fantastic atmosphere. The drums are realy awsome, creatina g good efect and the guittars are sublime, fast in some parts and in others more slow but with a great power.
the vocals are completly demoniac.
this album have my prefered song "Cruelty brought thee orchids"
14.06.2006 - 13:20
belgianmetalman
Account deleted
Hmm well, every album on Cradle Of Filth has an amazing sound, and allthough the line-up is different on every album, they manage to make a really good album every time.
Although it's not a surprise to me that Nymphetamine isn't getting any votes. It's .. different than other albums, it has less power in my opinion, less amosphere, but even though it may not be my favorite album, I purchased it anyway, and listen to it as well. It's not that bad at all, just not as good as other Cradle Of Filth albums.
15.06.2006 - 14:27
Baz Anderson
Staff
at least i am not the first to vote for 'Cruelty And The Beast' this time
i havent made any effort to make it unclear how i feel about Cradle Of Filth in their thread, so i wont go into all that here
'Cruelty And The Beast' is by far my favorite, but the EP 'V Empire' is also very high up in my rankings
'Queen Of Winter, Throned' is the best Cradle of Filth song they have ever, and will have ever done in my opinion
18.06.2006 - 12:13
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
i think cradle of filth are a decent band with some moments of excellence, but too much filler. id choose dusk and her embrace with nymphetamine as a close second.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
19.06.2006 - 14:14
belgianmetalman
Account deleted
Written by -tom- on 18.06.2006 at 12:13

i think cradle of filth are a decent band with some moments of excellence, but too much filler. id choose dusk and her embrace with nymphetamine as a close second.

What exactly do you mean with too much filler ?
19.06.2006 - 14:17
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
too much non-great stuff. they have some good songs but just pad it out with too much mediocre stuff
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
20.06.2006 - 04:45
mick
Account deleted
ahh hard desicion i had 2 decied between midian, damnnation and a day and nymphetamine there all good ALL GOOD!!!:wall: but yeah i came to my desicion hehe i cant spell YEW
22.06.2006 - 15:59
Abortion
Account deleted
It was hard to say.. But after all, Dusk... And Her Embrace is the most important CoF-album to me, cuz it was the first album from CoF I bought, and Funeral In Carpathia was the first song i heard from Cradle Of Filth. And I must say that Funeral In Carpathia still makes me cry sometimes
22.06.2006 - 17:11
iMPERiAL_iCE
Weeping Heart
This is a really hard poll (considering that you are talking about 2 era's of Cradle Of Filth)
I really like Dusk.....and her embrace for old Cof
but I had to choose Cruelty and the beast because I really love the story they are telling in the album (Lady Elizabeth bathory) and because of the song bathory aria which I so so Love
----
The older I get.........The faster I was

Smurfilator -- back when Smurf Metal existed :'(
23.06.2006 - 01:47
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by -tom- on 19.06.2006 at 14:17

too much non-great stuff. they have some good songs but just pad it out with too much mediocre stuff

I agree. Like, Gilded Cunt on the Nymphetamine cd is amazing and same with Lord Abortion on Midian, but I don't like most of the other stuff. I thought Dusk and Her Embrace is pretty consistant, but most of the other stuff isn't.
27.06.2006 - 18:40
belgianmetalman
Account deleted
Hmm,

Bitter Suites To Succubi 0
Lovecraft & Witch Hearts 0
Live Bait For The Dead 0

Are these albums just .. not good enough to be your favorite and is another .. just better ? Or what do people dislike about these albums ? Is the composition not subliminal enough.
30.06.2006 - 00:16
Valmont
As i was thinking, results proved me right. Dusk and Her Embrace is the best Cradle of Filth album. The album itself is the idea of Cradle of Filth in my mind. Songs like Dusk and Her Embrace, Beauty Slept in Sodom.. frikin' masterpieces. Midian is very good too but i think they should have stayed Dusk and Her Embrace forever.
30.06.2006 - 17:02
capofcof
Account deleted
I like "Bitter Suites To Succubi" best . Ther are some good songs from their first album ("The Principle Of Evil Made Flesh") and some other good stuff like "Born in a Burial Gown", "Suicide And Other Comforts" & "The Black Goddess Rises II"

Although I think that all their albums are quite good..
30.06.2006 - 19:10
Warman
Erotic Stains
Damnation and a Day!!! Anytime!!! Best album of all time!!! Epic, long, amazing lyrics etc. All the songs are wonderful and the instrumental are just ... beautiful (if you can say that about Cradle of Filth )

BTW, a shame that Live Bait for the Dead doesn't have any votes ... it is almost as good as Damnation and a Day.
----
30.06.2006 - 19:23
Endoftherainbow
I like Midian best because to me it's the most consitent album they have. My next choice would be Damnation and a Day because it's just a really cool album with all the narrations and interludes. I would like the older albums better if they had better production though because they have alot better songs. When they are played live the older stuff slays the new stuff.
01.07.2006 - 09:29
Avenant
Profane Seraph
Midian, since it's my first encounter with COF and I still like most of the songs. Of course, my initial reaction was: "what the hell is this crappy music? you can't even tell what he's singing!" ...but that was a long time ago.
03.07.2006 - 14:46
Damned-In-Black
Midian. Was my absolute favourite album for a while, though isn't anymore. Still easily ranks as my favourite CoF album. There is simply no weak songs, which I don't think can be said for most of their other albums. Also, the best tracks on the album rank above their other efforts, for me.
17.07.2006 - 13:15
Throne of Rats
Dusk and her Embrace and Cruelty and the Beast are my two favorites but Dahe comes out on top, although I do like Midian quite alot, but I wont listen to their albums after Midian because the a simply rubbish IMO.
----
Burning Crosses, Invoke the Powers, Rape the Crown, Hell Awaits!!
20.07.2006 - 18:16
TheSlaughter
Account deleted
They all have their Charm... except Nymphetamine, that album just blows. My vote went for Dusk... hehehe, Pentatonic Gothic-Black (cough) Metal...

Id always stick with Diatonic if given the choice....
22.07.2006 - 01:56
Robstar
I must say that Nymphetamine , because for me it is more agrresive but melodic as hell at thesame time , man those vocals are amazing... That's my favorite album of COF ...
----
Nothing is unreacheable
22.07.2006 - 04:32
Nymphetamine??? If someone says that Nymphetamine is their best album... it's beacuase they haven't listened to the old ones. In fact, that album is shit! crap!! sometimes I don't understand people... Nymphetamine is #%$"%#"!!!

By the way, I voted for Dusk and her Embrace, it was a hard... 'Cause i really liked Damnation and a Day but "Dusk..." is a lot stronger and I like all of the songs in that album... Just awsome! It's a pity that they're not the same guys that they used to be...

Anyway, They still being a great band!!:dcool:
22.07.2006 - 08:51
Linak
I Own You Bitch
That would be The Principle of Evil for me, that album is sewn to my heart with a golden thread, aww yes
----
Stick this up your fucking pee-aitch-dee.
24.07.2006 - 22:28
Empty Spaces
Unburied At Dusk
@DarK SeA: People have different opinions about albums. Nymphetamine is not MY favorite but I'm sure alot of people like it. Just like you say that you like Damnation but many people say that it's their worst album.
16.08.2006 - 05:33
soilwork
Account deleted
Voted for midian, but why isn't Vampire on the list, i probably had vote for it, instead of the compilation Vampire should have been on the list