Metal Storm logo
Riverside

10.08.2006 - 10:23
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Riverside to me is very original,very dark,but original.I have both of their albums,and was very impressed with both of them.I like Second Life Syndrome a little bit better than Out of Myself. Definitely worth checking out for any prog fan. I want to hear your thoughts on them.So let me know what you think.
10.08.2006 - 21:49
Danigar
Excelent band! i have both of their albums too and i love them! Umm i cant think of a favourite though.. maybe Out of Myself since it was the first one i listened and fell in love instantly! But I love SLS as well. I love they kind of progressive like you said is very original, and very emotional.
11.08.2006 - 04:03
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Written by Danigar on 10.08.2006 at 21:49

Excelent band! i have both of their albums too and i love them! Umm i cant think of a favourite though.. maybe Out of Myself since it was the first one i listened and fell in love instantly! But I love SLS as well. I love they kind of progressive like you said is very original, and very emotional.

I'm glad someone agrees!
11.08.2006 - 19:32
KMR
They made a great a job recording this two albums. And they're are very enjoyable on cencerts, they know how play cause they're certailny no newbies in this bussiness. I hope they'd be like wind blowing refreshing wave of prog scene in Poland, which was very strong few years ago.
----
Nothing is sacred.
11.08.2006 - 21:35
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Yes,I have heard some prog from Poland, some very good stuff.
14.08.2006 - 17:19
Damnated
Churchburner
This band is awsome. I was listening to their latest, and it is just simply great. The vocals tend to be a lil cheesy though, after a while
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.

14.08.2006 - 18:13
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
I am surprised that Riverside is not more popular than they are. I figured fans of Evergrey and Opeth would really like them. Anyway, Riverside is a band that I am hoping to hear more from in the future. Out Of Myself and Second Life Syndrome are both fantastic albums. But I don't think Riverside has reached their potential as a band yet.
----
(space for rent)
15.08.2006 - 00:04
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
They really haven't reached their potential yet in my opinion...I found a lot of stuff off of their two albums pretty humdrum but their instrumental stuff is great though...
16.08.2006 - 06:38
Daru Jericho
I was actually listening to 'Second Life Syndrome' yesterday. It's a good gentle album. This band is certainly worth checking out for some well thought out music. I don't know what else to say. I think some have compared them to Porcupine Tree.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

16.08.2006 - 11:03
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Daru Jericho on 16.08.2006 at 06:38

I think some have compared them to Porcupine Tree.

I have no idea why. The solos sometimes remind me of PPT, but not only of PPT. Other similarities
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.

16.08.2006 - 12:04
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
I also have both of their albums. I prefer the second album because it seemed they had an evolution on their music and it was for better. They steped another degree with it and I think the future will be bright for them because i see them growing in each album and im hoping it will continue. Very good musical compositions and great vocals. Cant wait for the next album.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
16.08.2006 - 12:26
Vrana
well, I've listened to them few times, but I just didn't get the feeling that I usually get when I listen to the bands that I like.... probably I should give them another try? I don't know, it was just torturing for me listening to this band...but maybe I was wron? well...I give them another try...
17.08.2006 - 02:53
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Both Porcupine Tree and Riverside are kind of light 'gentle' progressive metal/rock bands so I can see where someone would say 'dude...if you like this band you might like Riverside'...
17.08.2006 - 03:49
Daru Jericho
Yeah, I was thinking of the gentleness which could cause the similarites but I still think they're worlds apart. Still, I'm sure most Riverside fans are/would be Porcupine Tree fans too.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

17.08.2006 - 08:34
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
I once saw them labeled as a mix of Porcupine Tree,Opeth,and Pink Floyd,however whether you agree with this is up to you...as they show similar sounds to those bands rather unconsistently,at least to me they do.
02.10.2006 - 11:49
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Is this Polish band?
If yes I realy enjoy it, i use to be some 4 songs of them, I get them in some site, but sice my old PC dies thay lesft tehre so its gone, I realy wanna get them, if someone know where I can get some songs PM me please
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
11.10.2006 - 15:08
Anathemani@c
These guys are really good. Such emotional songs, beautiful atmosfere... They are very good!
----
Trapped in time
A miracle of hope and change
A swirling mass, no mercy now
If the truth hurts prepare for pain
......Do you think we 're forever???
08.02.2007 - 16:37
Empress
I only have Second Life Syndrome but it hits the player at least once a week...I love this band and their music really hits a home run for me. Beautiful melodies, melodic yet up-tempo enough to keep you coming back. I have played this Cd at work before and have had customers (people who are otherwise completely musically challenge) say "What a beautiful song who is this band?"

Yes, I also wonder why these guys have not gotten noticed as must as they should.
20.06.2007 - 02:39
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Written by Empress on 08.02.2007 at 16:37

I only have Second Life Syndrome but it hits the player at least once a week...I love this band and their music really hits a home run for me. Beautiful melodies, melodic yet up-tempo enough to keep you coming back. I have played this Cd at work before and have had customers (people who are otherwise completely musically challenge) say "What a beautiful song who is this band?"

Yes, I also wonder why these guys have not gotten noticed as must as they should.

Wow thats really amazing! That makes a riverside really proud, that people are actually coming up to you and saying how beautiful their music is. That is one of the coolest things I've ever heard.
12.09.2007 - 14:53
baldur
the new album rapid eye movement is pretty nice i like to listen to it
not as good as SLS but close
14.09.2007 - 11:28
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
I cant wait to hear rapid eye movement, I've read in a review that the album is weak though. But its only one opinion so I'm still optimistic.
----

My Instagram
14.09.2007 - 12:56
darksun
They will be in Turkey again...Such great news!!When they were here last summer i had no chance to go to their gig and now they will be here in october.I can't wait to see them.After i learned Porcupine Tree will not be here with anathema this concert made me feel better..
----
Dark is the sunlight,we cast the life together
Dark is the sunlight or I'm blind forever..
14.09.2007 - 13:14
Nixx
Account deleted
Great band with an even greater potential.
15.09.2007 - 22:30
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Written by darksun on 14.09.2007 at 12:56

They will be in Turkey again...Such great news!!When they were here last summer i had no chance to go to their gig and now they will be here in october.I can't wait to see them.After i learned Porcupine Tree will not be here with anathema this concert made me feel better..

You're so lucky!!!
----

My Instagram
15.09.2007 - 22:31
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite

You're so lucky!!!
----

My Instagram
16.09.2007 - 15:04
darksun
Written by BloodTears on 15.09.2007 at 22:31

You're so lucky!!!

I have the same idea
----
Dark is the sunlight,we cast the life together
Dark is the sunlight or I'm blind forever..
23.09.2007 - 10:42
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
I have heard their new album isnt as good as the other two, but once I get a hold of it I will truly find out.
24.09.2007 - 13:50
Ðírg&euml
Written by [user id=823] on 23.09.2007 at 10:42

I have heard their new album isnt as good as the other two, but once I get a hold of it I will truly find out.

New album? It's not released yet! So how did you hear of that ?

Riverside is so much underrated everywhere. Maybe it will take more time but eventually a band such as them will not be underground for long.
----
LAST.FM : http://www.last.fm/user/DirgeElucidatr
MY PHOTOGRAPHY: http://blasphemedsoldier.deviantart.com/
24.09.2007 - 14:15
baldur
Written by Ðírg&euml on 24.09.2007 at 13:50

Riverside is so much underrated everywhere. Maybe it will take more time but eventually a band such as them will not be underground for long.

you can find everything on the internet before release!!!
25.09.2007 - 02:04
Ðírg&euml
Written by baldur on 24.09.2007 at 14:15

Written by Ðírg&euml on 24.09.2007 at 13:50

you can find everything on the internet before release!!!

Not every promo gets leaked I suppose. I have searched riverside before but nothing came up in dc or slsk. Have you got it by any chance?
----
LAST.FM : http://www.last.fm/user/DirgeElucidatr
MY PHOTOGRAPHY: http://blasphemedsoldier.deviantart.com/