Metal Storm logo
Hatebreed

07.11.2006 - 04:33
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
I am currently listening to this band and am wondering if anyone is a fan? Surely there are people who are? I used to, like a lot of people, not like this band solely based on that they were labeled as -core and were quite popular. However, I started listening to them and noticed how awesome they actually were and actually quite like listening to them. Now, of course they aren't extremely original or innovative, or experimental, but they execute what they do flawlessly. They make some of the most energizing and angry music I have ever heard. I am not an angry or violent person but when I hear Hatebreed I want to go crazy, even more so than when I listen to those extremely "true" Thrash and Death Metal acts. Their only flaw might be that a lot of their material sounds similar and they have quite simple and at times goofy lyrics but hey, I listen to SYL so who cares?

Now this may get moved, but I think Hatebreed is the epitome (among many bands) of Extreme. Hardcore? Metal? Jazz Influenced Technical Pop Grind? I don't care, they kick ass. Anyone a fan?
----
The force will be with you, always.
07.11.2006 - 05:19
Southern Wind
Account deleted
I still think this shouls be moved to the alternative metal forum but...

They're probably the only Hardcore Metal band I had enjoyed, I used to be a sucker for The Rise Of Brutality, a fucking demolishing CD, although yes, turns repetitive after a while... I still hadn't listened to their new release...
07.11.2006 - 05:36
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
I definatly wouldn't put them in under Extreme Metal. They're hardcore... but maybe just a little 'angrier'? There are a couple of songs i dont mind, though really i dont find them too (as you said) original or innocative with their music, so thats kind of put me off into getting into these guys.

With that said, keeping in mind im into technical death metal, and is not much of a fan for the style these lads are playing.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
07.11.2006 - 06:22
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Yeah. I'm not so sure about their label anymore. I'm not a big fan of specific genre classifying anymore. There really is a thin line between their type of "Hardcore" and a lot of Metal. One is just as extreme as the other. Who knows.
----
07.11.2006 - 06:43
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I tried to get into this band at one point...wasn't able to...they're pretty subpar and all their songs pretty much sound the same...the genre that they're in pisses me off...
07.11.2006 - 07:00
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Written by [user id=2084] on 07.11.2006 at 06:43

I tried to get into this band at one point...wasn't able to...they're pretty subpar and all their songs pretty much sound the same...the genre that they're in pisses me off...

Yeah. I was always a much bigger fan of the music than the fans. That goes along with most any genre though, for me at least.
----
07.11.2006 - 07:40
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Ok i had to go listen to the couple of tracks i "didnt mind" as i said in my post above.... pfft ok my taste has change alot since last year. Plus like Kap'N Korrupt said, the genre pisses me off also. Im not a fan of hardcore, and now my music taste has evolved i dont think i can go back to ever almost liking this style.

Haha, Ohwell
----

Hellcunt Smurf
07.11.2006 - 07:52
BADDEST MEMBER
nice band name. Breed of hate, very extreme name.
07.11.2006 - 09:41
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
I am moving it to the alternative forum since it is hardcore they play. It is more in the vein of older new york hardcore acts, so NOT what people somehowsee as hardcore nowadays which in't hardcore at all.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

07.11.2006 - 23:18
rebelos
Account deleted
i like this band a lot!
especialy the Rise Of Brutality album!

Facing What Consumes you is dope!!!
08.11.2006 - 03:38
spirit_inblack
harshhead
Only recently have I really gotten into this band. I have known of them for a very long time, but the vocals turned me off and the music sounded too repetitive. Now I think they are a good band. Jasta doesn;t have a very wide range with his vocals, but he can sure keep up the roaring for a while. My larynx would probably get sore long before...
10.11.2006 - 02:57
Jesus_Puncher
Account deleted
this band is a bit Overrated... i know countless other HxC bands in the underground that deserve more exposure...Noneoftheless "satisfaction is The Death of Desire" is a Pimping Album...

Oh And Ozman..Please enlighten me on How Hardcore Nowadays isnt real Hardcore?...Because if you're referring to the shit on Mtv...then you're misinformed..Because .there's Plenty of Bands around that still Keep it Real...
10.11.2006 - 15:40
Warman
Erotic Stains
One of my friends stole a Hatebreed album from someone during a party and he said that he maybe would give it to me! I sure hope so
----
11.11.2006 - 18:54
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by [user id=14754] on 10.11.2006 at 02:57

this band is a bit Overrated... i know countless other HxC bands in the underground that deserve more exposure...Noneoftheless "satisfaction is The Death of Desire" is a Pimping Album...

Oh And Ozman..Please enlighten me on How Hardcore Nowadays isnt real Hardcore?...Because if you're referring to the shit on Mtv...then you're misinformed..Because .there's Plenty of Bands around that still Keep it Real...

I am referring to those morons calling bands ALL nu-metal and all modern metalcore bands hardcore, when clearly they have almost nothing to do with hardcore.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

11.11.2006 - 19:12
Remus
Written by Warman on 10.11.2006 at 15:40

One of my friends stole a Hatebreed album from someone during a party and he said that he maybe would give it to me! I sure hope so

I'm on the floor laughing my ass off! "I hope he gives to me!" . Dude, this post made my day. But anyway, Hatebreed is too repetitive, nearly every song has the same drum beat and the guy's vocals... I can take one or two songs but that's it. It amazes me though how many times a band can use the word "hate" in their lyrics.
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
12.11.2006 - 01:19
Jesus_Puncher
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 11.11.2006 at 18:54

Written by [user id=14754] on 10.11.2006 at 02:57

I am referring to those morons calling bands ALL nu-metal and all modern metalcore bands hardcore, when clearly they have almost nothing to do with hardcore.

in other words,the shit on Mtv.however there's countless of Bands in The Underground that still actually Play Hardcore...few examples

Hope Conspiracy
Sinking Ships
Modern Life is War
Blacklisted
Stay Gold
Death Threat
Cursed
Paint it Black
21.11.2006 - 22:22
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Remus on 11.11.2006 at 19:12

Written by Warman on 10.11.2006 at 15:40

I'm on the floor laughing my ass off! "I hope he gives to me!" . Dude, this post made my day.

Yeah, what? I wanna have it!
PS. He didn't give it to me
----
24.11.2006 - 14:36
chuckie
Account deleted
i personally cant stand this band for more than like 30 seconds at a time, the vocals get soooooooo boring, and is it just me or do i get the feeling the lead singer is trying to sound like phil from pantera?
15.12.2006 - 20:44
morbid_freak
Account deleted
Good band. Used to listen to alot of them but haven't lately.
15.12.2006 - 22:12
Jesus_Puncher
Account deleted
Written by [user id=15189] on 24.11.2006 at 14:36

i personally cant stand this band for more than like 30 seconds at a time, the vocals get soooooooo boring, and is it just me or do i get the feeling the lead singer is trying to sound like phil from pantera?

Jasta and Phil sound nothing alike

and for the record Phil tries to sound like the frontman for Eyehategod
16.12.2006 - 03:54
chuckie
Account deleted
what i meant was he's TRYING not accomplishing it lol, and w.e its just my opinion, i dont really like the band so i dont care lool
16.12.2006 - 13:06
Grind_Bastard
Account deleted
I can't say i am a fan...i like a few songs...i also can't say i'm in for the moshcore...this is what they have been "recently" labeled...
Like i said...i am not so much into this band...but i can say i like Jamey Jasta's attitude on stuff...
Even liked when he played with different bands...
As for its own band i can say they are pretty good live ( at least i like their sound that way...more than the studio sound...)
16.12.2006 - 15:37
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by [user id=1283] on 16.12.2006 at 13:06

I can't say i am a fan...i like a few songs...i also can't say i'm in for the moshcore...this is what they have been "recently" labeled...
Like i said...i am not so much into this band...but i can say i like Jamey Jasta's attitude on stuff...
Even liked when he played with different bands...
As for its own band i can say they are pretty good live ( at least i like their sound that way...more than the studio sound...)

okay a little question... what is moshcore?
I am not blaming you or anything but people nowadays come up witht eh most stupide genre names. A couple of days ago I came across someone calling some band Torture Doom when those bands were clearly funeral doom with a bit more extreme vocals.

As for Hatebreed, they play old school hardcore with some slight metal overtones, comparable to Agnostic Front is some songs and in soem other songs comparable to Sick Of It All.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

17.12.2006 - 12:35
Grind_Bastard
Account deleted
Ok...so the answer is quite simple...i did not came up with bullshit names...moshcore is a "subgenre" of hardcore or whatever...Anyway...blame wickypedia...not me
17.12.2006 - 15:47
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by [user id=1283] on 17.12.2006 at 12:35

Ok...so the answer is quite simple...i did not came up with bullshit names...moshcore is a "subgenre" of hardcore or whatever...Anyway...blame wickypedia...not me

I am not blaming you... I am blaming people who submit such shit to Wikipedia. And also blaming wikipedia for excepting such shit. And lemme guarantee you that you will be laughed at and beaten up at a hardcore concert suggesting that hardcore has a subgenre called moshcore.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

17.12.2006 - 17:09
Grind_Bastard
Account deleted
Ok...just let me explain this...i am not into this shit...like a few...and i said that from the begining ( thing that you should take in consideration )...whatever...hardcore non hardcore...i care little...names and tags ( wikipedia's fault )...i care little...geting beaten up at a hardocore concert ( never will happen )...i care little...
What i know is that they are hardcore and don't really care if they are included in some other sub genre, what i've said is what i've heard...

So...is there something else that i said that needs to be confronted ?
17.12.2006 - 23:32
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
No, Ozman's just a genre whore. Haha. Let's just enjoy the music.
----
17.12.2006 - 23:37
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Clintagräm on 17.12.2006 at 23:32

Not a whore, just a genre elitist and want to keep it as simple as possible
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

17.12.2006 - 23:41
CollisionInMind
Account deleted
I saw this band live back in September. I went for Exodus and Napalm Death, but we got there late and missed them both. Fortunately, I really liked Hatebreed. They had an extremely energetic show and I left feeling... "Pumped" is a good word. That was the first time I'd ever listened to them, I've always heard they were pretty bad, mostly from metalheads, but I really enjoyed them.
17.12.2006 - 23:58
Grind_Bastard
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 17.12.2006 at 23:37

Written by Clintagräm on 17.12.2006 at 23:32

Not a whore, just a genre elitist and want to keep it as simple as possible

And you're doing a great job at it...that and making people forget what was all about in the first place...