Metal Storm logo
Sirenia

07.06.2006 - 21:00
Nekronoise
So the Official thread for Sirenia.
They deffinetly are one of my most favourite bands. I really love their melodies.
The instruments alone wouldn't be very good. But put togehter they are very very amazing.
Morten Veland is one the most talented persons in Metal.
What are your opinions on this band?
07.06.2006 - 23:12
Susan
Smeghead
Elite
My favourite Sirenia song is "A Mental Symphony." I didn't want it to end, and thus became a Sirenia fan. Another favourite is the instrumental track "Seven Sirens and a Silver Tear." It's one of the most powerful piano pieces in all of music; it really moves me

I was never a fan of Henriette's vocals; she's NOT BAD, just nothing special. Morten didn't give her very interesting lines to sing but that may be due to her limitations. I'm excited to see what he comes up with for the future of Sirenia.
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
08.06.2006 - 00:23
AntaeusM
Elite
I only like "At sixes and sevens". The other album "An Elixer for Existence" didn't really impress me. I would say that I like At Sixes and Sevens more because the operatic vocals had a more dominant place on this album. Also, the songs are a bit more catchy, I guess that influenced me too. Especially songs like "Meridian" and "On The Wane". They are pretty easy to get into.
08.06.2006 - 04:12
Surtur
I enjoy the albums but not all the time, I think that Sirenia has no control about the use of the synths, sometimes they abuse on it, and I don't like that, if they can create music with less synths they would be a great band, and I also think that the voice of Henriette is not the best, it could be better, but wow she's beatiful ...
----
" And every angel needs a tear to laugh "
09.06.2006 - 18:28
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
I really like this band, very melodic and they use very well the instruments, at least in the songs I know because I don't know many songs, At Sixes and Sevens and An Elixir for Existence have very good songs, but their new album: Sirenian Shores is a masterpiece
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
10.06.2006 - 17:55
CreativeAngels
Account deleted
Love them , i rate the alumbs in this order lol
Sirenian Shores
Sixes and Sevens
Elixir for Existence
When i Hear that MV left Trsistnia i had to ge tmy hands on this Band/Project " Sirenia" i got At The Sixes And Sevens played it everday for a month , great work , and i agree with Surtr on his post they overkill the synths sometimes , but still good work:cool:
12.06.2006 - 02:11
Raft
Account deleted
I like it Sirenia. Maybe the reason is that is a project of Morten Veland.
14.06.2006 - 19:20
VaronoZz
Vampbaron
At sixes and sevens is an excellent album, i love it.... It contains some great songs like In a manica, sister nightfall, at sixes and sevens etc... Euphoria and A mental symphony are great as well
----
give praise for the blood it bled,
grant a rose for the dead...
15.06.2006 - 12:09
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Sirenia is swell. I'm really looking forward to seeing and hearing what Morten is about to do, since I still believe he is a genious I agree with @Lyrinan, Henriette was not bad, but nothing special as well and the thing I missed with Sirenia when I first heard them were powerful female vox. Hopefully the new singer will bring some freshness to the band.

As for the albums, I like both equally, both have some amazing songs and both have some songs I didn't really fall on my knees for. My personal faves are Lethargica, Manic Aeon - which is IMO their darkest song, Lithium And A Lover, Save Me From Myself and amazing Seven Sirens And A Silver Tears. And I perosnally adore the all oh so hated remix of Save Me From Myself remix
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
16.06.2006 - 11:06
Stoemp
Sirenia is a great band in my opinion. They have some very powerful songs that really touch me. My favourite song so far is "On the wane". I really like how they put the choir in this song.

I'm wondering what the new singer will be like. I never heard her sing. Did she play in other bands where I can hear her voice?
16.09.2006 - 22:06
VampireSairon
Account deleted
Sirenia is aaaaaaaaaaaaaawesome!..this is true gothic metal. Some bands are trying to follow them but they can't...:no:
17.09.2006 - 00:57
Bitch Boy
Sirenia has cool sound and good songs like "A shadow of your own self" or "Lithium and a lover". I will miss Heavyette.
17.09.2006 - 07:31
Soliloquy
hahaha, one of my favorite bands, yet i almost forgot about em. they have been in the shadow for some time. atleast in the shadows of my cd shelf. i should listen to them more often.

whats your favorite song by them?

mine would have to be 'seven sirens and a silver tear'(or something like that), 'save me now', lithium and a lover, and euphoria. their debut was neat, but i'm more of a gothic fan than a death fan. so toehr than their last song on that album, nothing really amused me much
----

now get on your knees and worship me!
-Zakk Wylde
17.10.2006 - 13:50
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=895] on 12.06.2006 at 02:11

I like it Sirenia. Maybe the reason is that is a project of Morten Veland.

haha not only he are great in band but also mambers of Trail Of Tears and Edenbride
and I agree whit VaronnoZz my fav album are '' At Sixes And Sevens''
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
18.10.2006 - 18:38
Thuringwethil
Account deleted
One of my favorite bands too.... I specially like: Lithium and Lover, Seven Sirens and a Silver Tear and At Sixes and Sevens *-* but i love all Sirenia =)
19.10.2006 - 13:54
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Sirenia is such a good band. It's one of those bands that seem very honest at what they do. My favourite album is undoubtly "an elixir for existence" for it has some of the best songs I enjoy listening, like "lithium and a lover", "voices within", "a mental symphony" and "save me from myself". The other cd is very good as well being "in a manica" one of my favourites.

All in all, this band is very dear to my heart and I can't wait for their new cd in January.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
19.10.2006 - 17:49
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
A very good band indeed. My favorite tracks are 'A Mental Symphony', 'Lithium And A Lover', 'In A Manica' and 'Sister Nightfall'. The last one was the track that got me into this band in the first place
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
10.11.2006 - 05:32
Lorien
Account deleted
I listened to "At sixes and sevens" and I must say I like them more than Tristania
14.11.2006 - 04:14
Oracle
Orcinus
Sirenia are so awesome. Omg i hope their new album is as good as their other albums
16.11.2006 - 23:54
Rathma
Account deleted
I like "At Sixes and Sevens" but anything after that got stale because Morten uses the same formula. I just listen to Tristania now because each album is different.
17.11.2006 - 17:20
duyhung
Account deleted
I've read in Metal-Archives that Sirenia will release a new album in 2007 (but that news has been deleted recently). So is it true ?
26.11.2006 - 18:01
duyhung
Account deleted
Written by Ramung on 26.11.2006 at 17:32

Written by [user id=14272] on 17.11.2006 at 17:20

I've read in Metal-Archives that Sirenia will release a new album in 2007 (but that news has been deleted recently). So is it true ?

Yes, it's true. The new album "Nine Destinies and a Downfall" will be released on the 23rd of february 2007.

Ah, it's great to hear that, thanks
26.11.2006 - 18:42
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
I can't wait to hear Sirenia's new album. Truly, Mr. Veland never left me down with any of his works and can't eait to find out what the new singer sounds out also. I am sure that it will be one hell of an album!
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
28.11.2006 - 05:39
Bitch Boy
Thanks for the news of the album!! I haven't already heard Sirenia with Monika.
28.11.2006 - 08:09
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Staff
Yes, 2007 is starting off as one great year Tristania, Trail Of Tears and now Sirenia. Looking to see what Morten has come up with... hopefully there will be a bit of evolution in his sound, because I know well enough he has the talent for it

(If only The Sins Of Thy Beloved would record one this year too )
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
28.11.2006 - 13:16
Xaphiris
Heh, I have been going through some of the Tristania material with Morten still in the band. My taste for Gothic has come back. Can't wait for the new Sirenia opus...
----
28.11.2006 - 19:33
Bitch Boy
Written by Jason W. on 28.11.2006 at 08:09
(If only The Sins Of Thy Beloved would record one this year too )

Wow that would be great!! I really miss TSOTB
05.12.2006 - 15:08
Spiritchaser
Account deleted
One of my two favourite bands. Second is old Tristania. Sirenia's new album seems to be a lot different, but I'm sure I'd love it nonetheless, after all, Veland is a very talented musician, look to what heights he brought Tristania. Good choice that he left and formed Sirenia, double success.
05.12.2006 - 20:00
SirHooke
Well, the sample sounds nice...
I think I want to hear more of this band
08.12.2006 - 07:43
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Staff
It's going to take a bit of getting used to the new album... it's nearly all cleanly sung vocals from Monika... I miss Morten's touch in each song. I'll give it some time, perhaps by the official release I'll have a better opinion...
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley