Metal Storm logo
Satanism

Original post

Posted by Sunioj, 24.08.2006 - 16:14
Satanism, from contemporary individualism to the sub categories of MLO and left hand path...
Plain and simple, what do you all think about it?

Im curious to hear people share thoughts and ideas of this philosophy and let me start by saying that contemporary Satanism is very interesting since it focuses on building oneself spiritually.

Lets take an example like Jon Nodveidt's recent decision to end his life....
He killed himself and his band claims it was a ritual suicide, does this make his form of Satanism a religion because it has rituals or is MLO another form of interpreting Satanism?
18.10.2007 - 08:31
Woutjinho
Account deleted
Written by Dane Train on 18.10.2007 at 01:37

Written by [user id=26136] on 17.10.2007 at 13:52

indeed. religion tell people what happened without any prove
and they tell the atheists that we cant prove it didnt happen... cowards

What about historical truths found in religious text?

historical truths? I can find more historical truths in Lord of The Rings. its just a book
and way overrated
18.10.2007 - 11:29
Callette
Account deleted
Written by [user id=26018] on 27.09.2007 at 04:01

Anyone with a literal deistic belief (in satan or god) is either a moron or a pussy. Let me explain my logic:

Case no. 1: You are a moron. You believe in an actual creature that is watching over you and points a finger at you from miles away and orders you about, more or less. That is mythology. Paganism, Norse Mythology, Satanism (not LaVeyan, which is different; I will get to that later on), Greek mythology, Islam, Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism, Buddhism, Shintoism, mormon--it's all the same! All fucking mythology! People who believe in it blindly simply because they grew up with it and can't think AT ALL for themselves are STUPID.

Now that that's been said, I will move on to LaVeyan Satanism- NOT a religion, despite the existence of the "church of satan", but more a philosophy. LaVeyan Satanism does not encourage a literal deistic belief or worship of any kind, nor does it encourage violence and/or evil behavior. It simply uses "satan" as a METAPHOR FOR HUMAN NATURE. That is the key. It contradicts the bible, (which IMO isn't necessary, seeing as the bible contradicts itself constantly and consistently throughout) and MAKES SENSE. LaVey feels Satanism is about LEAVING BEHIND ALL THE MYTHOLOGY, although he uses plenty of it metaphorically, and living out your feelings, without thinking it's a sin. LaVeyan Satanists have no tolerance for stupidity, including Christians AS WELL as literal satan-worshippers.

Now that's a bit out of topic again, but I must mention that in buddhism there actually isn't a god, "an actual creature that is watching over you and points a finger at you from miles away and orders you about" as you said. To learn more check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_in_Buddhism .

Also saying that satanism, or more exactly "LaVeyan Satanism", and satan-worshipping are totally different philosophies annoys me, although I don't quite know if that was your actual point. There has been so much discussion claiming satanists being a philosophical and educated and satan-worshippers being just hooligans felling grave-stones and such, that the media has created entirely new meanings to these words. I can't say I knew enough about satanism to claim I was right but I can't see so big differences here... In the other hand, no-one hasn't proven the idiots raging around are real satan-worshippers or satanists.
19.10.2007 - 01:18
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
Written by [user id=26136] on 18.10.2007 at 08:31

historical truths? I can find more historical truths in Lord of The Rings. its just a book
and way overrated

So you are telling me that everything is completely made up? There was no early church and Paul and Peter never wrote letters to them?

But that is not the point of this thread.

My point is many, many people believe in Satan. I do. And you're prattle is not really going to change that.
----
(space for rent)
19.10.2007 - 02:10
Sunioj
Written by [user id=20536] on 17.10.2007 at 19:03

Written by Warman on 26.09.2007 at 16:52

Written by Bad English on 26.09.2007 at 01:52

About firts part, deeply sorry man, i know how it feals , realy know, ... and Im depresed since 14 too moustly thinking about life and death, paradise and hell, this world, otherside, and so on my life isnt like it shood be, but ... secend part
Dont blame God to it, blame Satan, he use it to take your soul but moust ebil think are love, realationships, kids and so on, thats a reason why I never will belive in lov, but about satanistic thinks its not usefull sacrifice your life, ... man if you had been werry close to death or almoust ath you wold understrand me what i try to say

As I said, I don't blame god. Since he didn't help me at all I do not longer believe in him.

That is the problem, God isn't the kind of being that's going to swoop down and help you and neither is satan. What you gained is confidence and that is good, but the foundation of your confidence is wrong. Christianity isn't about "religion" its about faith and a relationship with God. Shit happens to everyone in life, not just you. We all have feelings of pain, depression, and suffering. But nothing compares to what God will give us in the afterlife if we have the courage and strength to indure this world and keep faith in Him. Besides, God made the ultimate sacrifice and suffering when he became man and sacrificed himself so that we could have salvation. Too many people see Christianity as a list of rules, when it is really about a relationship and faith. Through our faith Christians get strength, as a family we help each other and we become one. Your satanism may have helped you but it didn't help your mom. Satanism focusses on the individual and neglects the fact that this is a world where people are connected and intertwined. Individuallity in itself is fruitless. The worlds problems stim from the lack of unity. I'm not trying to be a douche or tell you are wrong, this is just my point of view.

I can see some things that you said had truth in it, but in Laveyan Satanism says that you are allowed to love. Just that Christian thinking of loving everyone is impossible, and in many cases futile. What you are basically saying is that Christianity should be about Spirituality and a personal relationship with God...this is fine, but Satanism also holds a high place for spirituality, and in that is for yourself, building your knowledge, expanding our standards. And perhaps if you are a Luciferian, then you can have a spiritual belief in the chaos deities etc.
19.10.2007 - 12:27
Woutjinho
Account deleted
Written by Dane Train on 19.10.2007 at 01:18

and way overrated

So you are telling me that everything is completely made up? There was no early church and Paul and Peter never wrote letters to them?

My point is many, many people believe in Satan. I do. And you're prattle is not really going to change that.

everything is completely made up. religion comes from not knowing the reality. religion gives explanations about the unknown
and I dont think that many people believe in Satan. some say they do because they think it sounds evil and black metal deals with satan, so some fans thinks they have to believe in satan to be a true black metal fan. no offense to black metal fans (in this way)
19.10.2007 - 14:20
Sunioj
Written by [user id=26136] on 19.10.2007 at 12:27

Written by Dane Train on 19.10.2007 at 01:18

and way overrated

everything is completely made up. religion comes from not knowing the reality. religion gives explanations about the unknown
and I dont think that many people believe in Satan. some say they do because they think it sounds evil and black metal deals with satan, so some fans thinks they have to believe in satan to be a true black metal fan. no offense to black metal fans (in this way)

All of this Satanic Black Metal shit gets old...so no offence made.
20.10.2007 - 18:58
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
Written by [user id=26136] on 19.10.2007 at 12:27

So who then wrote the books of the New Testament if it was not Matthew, Mark, Luke John, Peter, Paul and Jude?
----
(space for rent)
20.10.2007 - 23:47
rageing atheist
Account deleted
Written by Dane Train on 20.10.2007 at 18:58

So who then wrote the books of the New Testament if it was not Matthew, Mark, Luke John, Peter, Paul and Jude?

Maybe he meant that Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Peter, Paul and Jude made (some of) the things they wrote up, or misinterpreted some natural phenomena?
22.10.2007 - 19:43
Woutjinho
Account deleted
Written by [user id=23267] on 20.10.2007 at 23:47

Written by Dane Train on 20.10.2007 at 18:58

Maybe he meant that Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Peter, Paul and Jude made (some of) the things they wrote up, or misinterpreted some natural phenomena?

indeed
22.10.2007 - 23:45
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
Written by [user id=26136] on 22.10.2007 at 19:43

indeed

So what information was made up? Do you have evidence to disprove what they recorded?
----
(space for rent)
23.10.2007 - 00:20
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
I think the topic has left that of Satanism. There is forever going to be questions and arguments about the unprovable. Let's relate this to the TOPIC. Whether or not something happened not based on empirical evidence is up to interpretation, however the idea of Satanism...

You see how that works? Come children, argue about it in the Christianity thread!
----
The force will be with you, always.
23.10.2007 - 11:50
Woutjinho
Account deleted
Written by Dane Train on 22.10.2007 at 23:45

Written by [user id=26136] on 22.10.2007 at 19:43

indeed

So what information was made up? Do you have evidence to disprove what they recorded?

practically everything. Do you have evidence to prove what they recorded?
it has been proven that Adam and Eva never lived as example
24.10.2007 - 04:22
selken
Irreligious
This thread is going to the wrong way, its about Satanism!!! not about attacking pros/cons judeo/christian religions, I have to post before Wrathchild puts here his post of death

Now, about Satanism, seriously:
As an atheist, I see Satanism as another worthless religion.
Theistic satanism (read at wiki [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theistic_Satanism]) is totally stupid for me, not only for the believes in a supernatural being, but also because is simply another form of revelry, its just another form to go against the people, they accept that a god created everything and they decide to go against that god.

Laveyan and Crowlean satanisms are far more rationale, because they focus in oneself, are just another way of atheism, which see oneself as their own god, and give to one a more naturallistic view of the person, where the moral depends of everyone, but Lavey states something like "believe in the magic" of someone, and that makes no sense.
----
04.11.2007 - 00:21
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
I think there's more to The Church of Satan than peopel think. The world only goes by its stereotypes. I like how many ov them believe that god is just an externalised form ov man's ego which they invented, cuz I agree. I'm not a follower but, I want to read The Satanic Bible, but that won't happen until I move out the house though
05.11.2007 - 17:51
Warman
Erotic Stains
Damn, ever since I became a satanist I thought a lot of people would distance themselves from me. But when someone hears that I'm a satanist they get curious and wanna now stuff about it. And today my teacher in philosophy said to the class that he was really impressed that one of us had read LaVey (I compared his thoughts with the philosopher Søren Aabye Kierkegaard in a paper). That teacher is so awesome, a metalhead too. Philosophy is such a great subject to share your "satanic" thoughts in.
----
05.11.2007 - 23:43
Torelli
Why does every religion thread turn into a "..." VS christianity?

Anyway, better stick to the subject. Satanism lies far away from my stand points, but I respect the people who has choosen to be it, as it after all has some elaborite thoughts behind it.

To all satanists here: I guess that most of you are LaVey-satanists, so I have some questions to you: Have you read the hole satanic bible, or just bits and pieces of it?How did you come in contact with it, and how long did it take for you to ? (Many people just read a few parts of it, and emidiatly call themselves satanists without so much thoughts or knowledge behind the desistion) Would you consider to murder someone?(I know it sounds extreme, but I'm refering to the 11th satanic law). Do you think you will continue to be a satanist whe you grow older? (Many teens claims to be "satanists", often by rebellion, but abendons the philosophy when they grow older, theories?). Do you have any other satanist belive then Lavey, and if so, which philsophy/founder? If you are a part of the Crowely branch, do you belive in thelema(or other equvalent)? Has you speaken to any real satanist or a person that "preach" about it, besides on the internet? (I only ask of curiosity).

What confuses me is that statanism has souch intolerant veiw of religion when it has so many liberal thought of other things. Sure, it goes against mony religions morarly(espacially christianity), but doesn't satinsim encurage people to follow their own path, their own thoughts? So why is religion excluded from this?
06.11.2007 - 00:35
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Torelli on 05.11.2007 at 23:43

To all satanists here: I guess that most of you are LaVey-satanists, so I have some questions to you: Have you read the hole satanic bible, or just bits and pieces of it?How did you come in contact with it, and how long did it take for you to ? (Many people just read a few parts of it, and emidiatly call themselves satanists without so much thoughts or knowledge behind the desistion) Would you consider to murder someone?(I know it sounds extreme, but I'm refering to the 11th satanic law). Do you think you will continue to be a satanist whe you grow older? (Many teens claims to be "satanists", often by rebellion, but abendons the philosophy when they grow older, theories?). Do you have any other satanist belive then Lavey, and if so, which philsophy/founder? If you are a part of the Crowely branch, do you belive in thelema(or other equvalent)? Has you speaken to any real satanist or a person that "preach" about it, besides on the internet? (I only ask of curiosity).

I'll try to answer your questions:
- I own The Satanic Bible and have read the whole thing twice.
- It took a long time before I knew there was a satanic bible. I'd actually thank Cradle of Filth for it, they got me into Black Metal. CoF and Black Metal lyrics was something which I really found (still do) interesting, or let's be honest... I thought it was cool with Satan. Don't remember how I found out about the bible, but I bought it because I thought it would be really brutal, blackish or something like that. Instead, it made me read the whole thing the same night.
- I would probably not murder someone, therefore I kinda ignore stuff like that eleventh rule. To be a satanist is for me to have your own free will, do what makes you feel best. And that rule says nothing about murder, there's a lot of other ways you can destroy a person. So murder someone? No. But destroy someone? Sure, I'm already working on it actually.
- I think I'll continue being a satanist when I grow up. For me it's not really a rebellion, I'm very quiet about it ("Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked."), the ones who knows about my satanism have all asked me about it, I've never told them. Sure, I walk around with inverted crosses and Baphomet stuff... but that I did as soon I heard "The Number of the Beast" for the first time
King Diamond once said: "Hey, this is the way I live my life - this is the way I feel inside". He was talking about the first time he read The Satanic Bible. For me it was the exact same thing. It wasn't like I read the book and suddenly "damn, I have to change all my views on certain things".
- I believe only in LaVey. Mostly because I haven't read that much from other satanist.
- No Crowley.
- I don't know what you consider to be a real satanist. But I know some (some of them became it thanks to me) fresh ones and some that has been one for like half their life.

And I'm certianly not a preacher of satanism. I know a lot of christians, one of my best and oldest friends is one. Sure, we've had our arguments. But if he's pleased with his faith, I won't change it. It's like with one of my other friends, a real nazi... I certainly do not agree with a lot of his thought or some terrible things he's done (and I mean terrible). But hey, I've known that dude since we were six years old and he's still that same nice guy in my eyes. To sum it up, I'm not a person who tries to force my opinions on other people, not even the ones closest to me.
----
06.11.2007 - 03:31
Sunioj
Written by selken on 24.10.2007 at 04:22

This thread is going to the wrong way, its about Satanism!!! not about attacking pros/cons judeo/christian religions, I have to post before Wrathchild puts here his post of death

Now, about Satanism, seriously:
As an atheist, I see Satanism as another worthless religion.
Theistic satanism (read at wiki [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theistic_Satanism]) is totally stupid for me, not only for the believes in a supernatural being, but also because is simply another form of revelry, its just another form to go against the people, they accept that a god created everything and they decide to go against that god.

Well, technically, through the eyes of the common Abrahamic principle, anyone that has not submitted their hearts and minds to their god, is going against their god. Satanism sees submission to abrahamic principles as a sort dehumanization, a tragedy of an individuals limits. The reason why satan was cast out of heaven, was because of he did not submit his will, and thus we all know the popular latin translation for lightbearer/morning star is lucifer ( synamous with ungodly babylon ). That what Luciferianism is about, following our your own will much like the symbol, lucifer, and not submitting.

Lucifer is seen as the symbol of the neccessary, but chaotic part of the universe and the cycle of nature. You can see similar deities in other religions too, even in Judaism ( more specifically Kabbalah ) a work of man named Zohar attributed the chaotic nature of God, much like sephirot describe Gods attribues. Hecate, Astaroth, etc. are examples of that same thought being applied to differrent deities.

And by acknowledgeing and learning from the chaotic side of nature, you give leeway for wisdom, because you are following your own will.

@Torelli
I don't consider myself a satanist...but warman summed it up nicely.
07.11.2007 - 12:48
Torelli
@Warman: Thank you for answering. About the 11th rule, I forgot that you can destroy someone on a mental plan too, thanks for the reminder. I'm I right if I asume that the satanic theachings are more like guidelines then rules? Anyway, by real satanist I mean those who have had satanism as a guidline, and try to apply in a everyday basis. Doesn't necacerry mean a person who has done it for years, but quite often it is so. Basicly anyone who doesn't have it as only a "phase" in life. This brings me another question; did you talk with other satanists before you relized that this is "really you"? Perhaps you've already answered this question, but I want to be sure. About the preaching thing; I guess it contradicts the 1th rule, but it's however a rule many satanists break. I don't know how many times I've seen (and heared) people constantly claiming that they are satanists as soon as oppertunity strikes, espacially when christians are present.

The real reason why I asked these questions was beacuse I wanted to know if satanism is something more then just some sort of teenage rebellion. Alot of people seem to embrace the philosphopy only beacuse it's anti-christian, a rebellion or to provocative. Or just to piss christians of. As I see it, satanism has some good points, but to much bad points for me to embrace it. I like the liberal view on sex, as it's frankly none of my busniess( if I don't participate that is) what someone those in bed. I also like the view on indivudualism, how it constanly tells you to not lose perspective of who you are, to stand for your opinion but get admit that you're wrong when you know that you're wrong.

So what is bad about satanism? Well, it has elements of "jante law" in it(rule 1 & 2) , which I don't agree with. Sometimes people need to hear things they don't want to hear in order to survive. For example, no one wants to hear that they are alhoholic, but some people need to hear it in order to question themselfes. Should you just stand passive, not coming with your opinion when you know it will be likely that this person might not survive if he/she doesn't get help? For me it's the same thing like not help a person when you see he/she is drowning. Also, people sometimes need to talk, regardless if he/she is not sure how the person is going to take it. Should a person go further down in misery and possibly commit sucide only beacuse he/she is not sure how the listener is going to take it?
Moving on, to another coming thing that makes people dislike satanism: the lack of empathy against people who irritates you. It's repeatitly encuarged to show no mercy to some people(rule 4 & 11th, 5th satanic saying, to some extend saying 8th ) and it's even a portarited as a sign of weakness(3th satanic sin). Alllthough you're should give people a second chance(execpt in your home, rule 5), that's it. The reason why I don't agrre with it is beacuse sometimes it takes people several tries to change. If you constantly reject this person(even though he might desreve it), he is likely to become a cost for society (either by police reforcment, medical care,rehab and much more), this result that you make to society expensiver which result in bader living standards for you. Regarding revenge, these costs might once again came across you. If not, revenge is sooner or likely going to hit you again as this person while most likely try to get back at you, which results in an endless parade of vendettas.
Speaking of vendettas, I don't like the indirect encuragement that murder is ok(see 10th and 11th rule).
Now moving on to something that confuses me; the constant speaking of magic. Even though satanism is supposed to be non-religious, magic in constantly mentioned(7th rule, 9th sin). Can someone explain?

EDIT: If everyone wearing pentagram and such would be consider satanists, I guess the majority of metal heads would be satanists, even kids.
07.11.2007 - 18:11
Sunioj
Written by Torelli on 07.11.2007 at 12:48

So what is bad about satanism? Well, it has elements of "jante law" in it(rule 1 & 2) , which I don't agree with. Sometimes people need to hear things they don't want to hear in order to survive. For example, no one wants to hear that they are alhoholic, but some people need to hear it in order to question themselfes. Should you just stand passive, not coming with your opinion when you know it will be likely that this person might not survive if he/she doesn't get help? For me it's the same thing like not help a person when you see he/she is drowning. Also, people sometimes need to talk, regardless if he/she is not sure how the person is going to take it. Should a person go further down in misery and possibly commit sucide only beacuse he/she is not sure how the listener is going to take it?

Moving on, to another coming thing that makes people dislike satanism: the lack of empathy against people who irritates you. It's repeatitly encuarged to show no mercy to some people(rule 4 & 11th, 5th satanic saying, to some extend saying 8th ) and it's even a portarited as a sign of weakness(3th satanic sin). Alllthough you're should give people a second chance(execpt in your home, rule 5), that's it. The reason why I don't agrre with it is beacuse sometimes it takes people several tries to change. If you constantly reject this person(even though he might desreve it), he is likely to become a cost for society (either by police reforcment, medical care,rehab and much more), this result that you make to society expensiver which result in bader living standards for you. Regarding revenge, these costs might once again came across you. If not, revenge is sooner or likely going to hit you again as this person while most likely try to get back at you, which results in an endless parade of vendettas.

Speaking of vendettas, I don't like the indirect encuragement that murder is ok(see 10th and 11th rule).
Now moving on to something that confuses me; the constant speaking of magic. Even though satanism is supposed to be non-religious, magic in constantly mentioned(7th rule, 9th sin). Can someone explain?

The area of magic is abit shrouded, but there are two types, greater and lesser. Lesser magic consists of thoughts, will, interaction and communication to someone. Greater magic also has that, except that goes farther into the occult which is not revealed to the public, and is not revealed to the lesser staff/members of the COS. For example, lesser magic is also applicable to the satanic rule regarding destroying someone.

Actually, you are not the first one to point this rule out. One of the co-founders that started the church resigned later in his duties as a part of clergy, because he felt that the church contradicted themselves by including magic and rituals. But then again, he doesn't go into details about what magical practices actually take place besides the well known black mass, I cannot really comment farther on that, sorry

As for the lack of humanity that some see in Satanism, since we live in a world far colder and sterile then ever before ( as some see it ) applying these thoughts and principles could be a means of even liberating yourself from things in your daily life that you never have the motivation to break free from, sure its not the only way of life that encourages one to be strong. And then again, these rules seem to be relative to how individuals interpret them....to some, the first satanic sin could just mean 'Speak when you are spoken to'.

On a side note: Even though I can't say that I follow satanism, I definetly don't have patience with people that disrespect me, and I can't say that I feel sorry for people that do not learn from their mistakes time after time again, though it depends what we are talking about, I don't sorry for a person who never learn from their mistakes, especially when its involving issues like pregnancy, religion, injury, reputation, wealth, but thats just me ( so I don't a problem with any of the satanis rules.
07.11.2007 - 18:19
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Torelli on 07.11.2007 at 12:48

@Warman: Thank you for answering. About the 11th rule, I forgot that you can destroy someone on a mental plan too, thanks for the reminder. I'm I right if I asume that the satanic theachings are more like guidelines then rules? Anyway, by real satanist I mean those who have had satanism as a guidline, and try to apply in a everyday basis. Doesn't necacerry mean a person who has done it for years, but quite often it is so. Basicly anyone who doesn't have it as only a "phase" in life. This brings me another question; did you talk with other satanists before you relized that this is "really you"? Perhaps you've already answered this question, but I want to be sure. About the preaching thing; I guess it contradicts the 1th rule, but it's however a rule many satanists break. I don't know how many times I've seen (and heared) people constantly claiming that they are satanists as soon as oppertunity strikes, espacially when christians are present.

Yes, LaVey satanism is more guidelines.
Yes, I discussed with satanist before I became one... didn't understand a lot though. Thought mostly it was really cool to hear them talk.
And yes again... many satanists goes against that first rule. Don't say that the shouldn't, but don't really see why. If it pleases them to shout out their opinions, well do that.
----
09.11.2007 - 22:54
Torelli
@Sunioj: I guess you're right, for me I see it as a way of giving up and a sign that you're afraid(no emotional detachment - no risk to get hurt), in some way a weakness. But there are of course incidents were even i lose paitence. It's as you say, depending on the situation. Regarding the magic, it's too bad you don't know, perhaps the only reason to attend a black mass?:P Nah, to be honest it doesn't exite me, I was just curious if magic still has any place in modern satansim.

@Warman: I see, but doesn't that make them hipocritical, the same way the accuse christians to be? But it as you say, satanists seem to be less consurned to follow their guidlines then a christians following theirs. Each to there own I guess.

This question goes to everyone: Do you know any satanist who didn't come in contact with this ideology thanks to the music or doesn't enjoy typical "satanic" music? (Yeah, I know that I sound like a an enoying granny, but I'm just curious, ok?)
10.11.2007 - 01:07
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Torelli on 09.11.2007 at 22:54

This question goes to everyone: Do you know any satanist who didn't come in contact with this ideology thanks to the music or doesn't enjoy typical "satanic" music? (Yeah, I know that I sound like a an enoying granny, but I'm just curious, ok?)

No I don't and that's quite interesting, don't you think?
----
10.11.2007 - 05:59
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
Written by Torelli on 05.11.2007 at 23:43

doesn't satinsim encurage people to follow their own path, their own thoughts? So why is religion excluded from this?

because most religions don't encourage free-thinking......LaVey Satanism, i don't think it's a religion, it's more a way ov life.
12.11.2007 - 19:37
Torelli
@Warman: Yes it is, but not so unusual. Were else would you hear about it? In school it was only breifly mentioned(we took it up in religion B), but anyone who hasn't heard of it before didn't go deeper into it. You might read of philosophies that has inspired satansim(Neitzsche, nihilism), but never about actual satansim. I wonder how satanism survived before it was an insperasition source to musicans, how many would have actually heared about the philosophy, or better get, embrace it?
I think music effects us more then we think, how many (black)metal listeners like christianisty for example? Or how many ska fans are on the political right wing? I know their are exeptions(I'm one of them), but you younger you are, the more "true" to the philsophy behind the music you are. This is an another reason why I asked about the age-thing, to see if is simply a product of the music, or if they are people who actually follow this philosohpy.

@Lowelas: If we remove the magic refrenses, yes, then it's more like a philsophy than religion. But remember that religion can also be consider a way of life, it's not exclusivly entitiled to philosophers.
About free-thinking, you mean "belive in God or die" thing? I agree, it doesn't exactly encurage free thinking, but they have themselves choosen to belive in god/gods, no god etc.
13.11.2007 - 03:26
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
@Torelli: well okay, they chose to.....so they shouldn't shove it down other people's throats.

tonight my dad said that satanists have some ritual where they walk and talk backwards. He can really reallyyyyyy be such a dumb ass haha.
13.11.2007 - 06:39
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Written by [user id=160] on 13.11.2007 at 03:26

tonight my dad said that satanists have some ritual where they walk and talk backwards. He can really reallyyyyyy be such a dumb ass haha.

Did you look into this and prove his assertions false?
----
The force will be with you, always.
13.11.2007 - 14:35
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
Written by Clintagräm on 13.11.2007 at 06:39

Did you look into this and prove his assertions false?

well......do you really believe that Satanists do that? Hell, let's look into it right now.......

anyone on MS who is Satanist......answer this for us please.....

where's Warman when ya need him?
13.11.2007 - 16:01
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Torelli on 12.11.2007 at 19:37

@Warman: Yes it is, but not so unusual. Were else would you hear about it? In school it was only breifly mentioned(we took it up in religion B), but anyone who hasn't heard of it before didn't go deeper into it. You might read of philosophies that has inspired satansim(Neitzsche, nihilism), but never about actual satansim. I wonder how satanism survived before it was an insperasition source to musicans, how many would have actually heared about the philosophy, or better get, embrace it?
I think music effects us more then we think, how many (black)metal listeners like christianisty for example? Or how many ska fans are on the political right wing? I know their are exeptions(I'm one of them), but you younger you are, the more "true" to the philsophy behind the music you are. This is an another reason why I asked about the age-thing, to see if is simply a product of the music, or if they are people who actually follow this philosohpy.

I absolutely think you're right.
----
15.11.2007 - 13:36
Torelli

@Torelli: well okay, they chose to.....so they shouldn't shove it down other people's throats.

Well, that depends on how you mean about "forcing down the throat", personally I've never experinced that. Sure, people have asked if I'm intrested to talk about (their)religion, but if I say no, they have respected that. But this is a little of topic, as we are talking about satanism here, not christianity as I asume you're talking about.