Metal Storm logo
Music genre you despise the most

Original post

Posted by Valentin B, 06.07.2007 - 20:33
i was looking through this forum and found that many people like music which i consider shit. nothing wrong with that, but it made me curious as to what do people on here truly despise.

i, for one, hate improvisational jazz mainly, when the only one who isn't soloing is the drummer playing in 17/13 time signature a 32-bar rhythm.. sure, you're technical, but.... no emotion in your playing, therefore YOU SUCK!
07.03.2009 - 09:10
Number Juan
Rap's decline in quality in the last decade has been so sharp that even people such as myself have no interest in listening to it all that much anymore, be it good or bad rap. When people are overexposed to something to the point of irritation, they tend to despise what they associate with the thing they are being force fed. So, the reputation of all rap is being destroyed by the shitty but more numerous rap.
----
A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. - Bertrand Russell
12.03.2009 - 05:02
IronBlackZepp
I hate hip hop and rap because it sucks, it is for wannabe punks who think they are the shit because they are listening to it. It has nothing, it is embarrassing, and complete crap. It really is stupid shit, I mean how can people really think its good. It is like a musical soap opera. Its like Who's gonna start shit next, and talk about how they get more "money" and "hoes" then the other rapper.

Next on my list is Country. While I like folk music when it is played and sung well, country is a waste of your fucking time. Its its not only fucking depressing and lame, but it is dominated by a bunch of people that sound the same. Bunch of wannabes.

Improvisational Jazz is crap. Its dominated by a bunch of whiners who think they are so fucking great. I lived next door to this jazz drummer who was the drummer for well known jazz guitarist Joe Pass. All he ever did was put down every other genre that wasnt jazz, in fact he would oftin put down other jazz musicians saying they are not at "his level of skill" what ever the fuck that is. Anyway these players have nothing to offer but boring mombo jumbo, they suck.

Other shitty stiles are, Punk, Disco, Emo, and Dare I say Black Metal on a metal site. what can I say, it is my least favorite stile of metal. These stiles are all very annoying in my opinion.
17.04.2009 - 22:34
Crimson Lily
Account deleted
I dislike modern ass-slappin' rap and modern so-called pop. Why? Do I really need to explain it? Because modern rap is all about ass-salppin' and bitches and bling-bling....I do appreciate some rappers, like the ones that were in Korn's video for ''Twisted Transistor'', they obviously know how to make fun of themselves and that's cool, but most of the rappers, like I said are just about those three things...I despise that. And so-called modern pop? By this I mean Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera and such, not all modern pop sucks, but most does IMO. I just can't see anything remotely close to depth in the so-called lyrics, pure shit, and the music is also shit IMO. Just listen to it and you'll see what I'm talking about.

But I don't see why some people hate improvisational jazz here....there are assholes in jazz just like there are in any other music genre, including metal, but that doesn't make the whole scene shit, does it? I personally like improvisational jazz a lot, I find it beautiful myself, But that's off-topic now, so I'll stop. Just wondering.
17.04.2009 - 23:15
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by [user id=40334] on 17.04.2009 at 22:34

And so-called modern pop? By this I mean Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera and such, not all modern pop sucks, but most does IMO. I just can't see anything remotely close to depth in the so-called lyrics, pure shit, and the music is also shit IMO. Just lietsn to it and you'll see what I'm talking about.

The scary thing is that o lot of those bitches come out daily with their ass-shaking songs. I watched the videoclip of this new Lady Gaga lol who the hell is this blonde bitch? and above all, what has she to do with music?
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
18.04.2009 - 00:00
Crimson Lily
Account deleted
Written by Elio on 17.04.2009 at 23:15

Written by [user id=40334] on 17.04.2009 at 22:34

And so-called modern pop? By this I mean Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera and such, not all modern pop sucks, but most does IMO. I just can't see anything remotely close to depth in the so-called lyrics, pure shit, and the music is also shit IMO. Just lietsn to it and you'll see what I'm talking about.

The scary thing is that o lot of those bitches come out daily with their ass-shaking songs. I watched the videoclip of this new Lady Gaga lol who the hell is this blonde bitch? and above all, what has she to do with music?

Yes, true. And they roll Lady Gaga here in Slovenia a lot too. Also, everywhere I look, she's on magazines all the time. I have no idea where she came from, but I read she went through a lot of plastic operations and that she tried to make it earlier, but couldn't, because she wasn't you know, thin enough, blond enough etc. That's at least what I read, but if it's true, it's just another proof of how sad today's state of some music is. It doesn't matter what your music's like, but what you look like....at least to me, that seems very sad..that's why I don't like this modern pop or whatever, you know what I mean. So yeah, just one more reason why I despise this kind of music.
18.04.2009 - 07:18
Hrothdane
You know, once upon a time pop music actually required being able to sing well. I still didn't care for it. but I could at least respect an artist's technical skill. Pop music is all about the singer; the instrumentals are never interesting from a technical standpoint. Now, its all people with nasal voices singing repetitive lyrics with the energy, power, and tempo of zombies whose voices are electronically over-produced.
----
Despair is death, and I'm not interested in dying.

Member of the True Crusade against True Crusades
18.04.2009 - 09:10
John Barleycorn
Minimalist
I don't understand why many people hate country music. It's too wide genre to make any generalizations about, no? I don't know much about country, so I simply wouldn't dare to claim that it sucks and I know at least that without country, there probably wouldn't exist such artists as Bonnie "Prince" Billy or Jolie Holland or Gillian Welch or maybe even Neko Case. And that would be a great loss.
This thread is quite ridiculous, anyway. Mostly a chance to talk crap about genres that people know nothing about.
18.04.2009 - 11:24
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
I really hate "Rap" music (music ?, so what is bullshit?), pop music is adorable when I compare it to meaningless idiotic rap music.
18.04.2009 - 13:32
John Barleycorn
Minimalist
The post above proves my point. People think that they have master knowledge about something to call it bullshit, yet probably know very little.
18.04.2009 - 15:20
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
@above! Rap music doesnt have nothin musically. thongs, big wet asses, black booty, lingerie, wihite booty and swears + $$$$$$$$.
18.04.2009 - 15:47
John Barleycorn
Minimalist
Well, actually this has been argued here before, so I don't want to get into it. I just mention a few brilliant rap artists (and considering I know little about rap, this is only a tip of the iceberg): Aesop Rock, Busdriver, Cannibal Ox, El-P, Sage Francis, Company Flow, Quasimoto, Food for Animals, Dälek, Immortal Technique.
I guess you haven't heard them bevause there are no thongs, or wet asses, or black booty, or lingeire, or swears, or dollars in their vocabulary.

But as I said, this debate has been chewed through already.
18.04.2009 - 16:02
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by John Barleycorn on 18.04.2009 at 15:47

Well, actually this has been argued here before, so I don't want to get into it. I just mention a few brilliant rap artists (and considering I know little about rap, this is only a tip of the iceberg): Aesop Rock, Busdriver, Cannibal Ox, El-P, Sage Francis, Company Flow, Quasimoto, Food for Animals, Dälek, Immortal Technique.
I guess you haven't heard them bevause there are no thongs, or wet asses, or black booty, or lingeire, or swears, or dollars in their vocabulary.

But as I said, this debate has been chewed through already.

You got a point. I don't like rap generally but some artists, as Dalek, or Madvillain, J Dilla are quite good.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
18.04.2009 - 16:04
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
I dont like even raps with good words! cause I dont see nothing musically in rap music. all crap.
18.04.2009 - 16:34
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by [user id=31891] on 18.04.2009 at 16:04

I dont like even raps with good words! cause I dont see nothing musically in rap music. all crap.

The thing is, you don't know what rap is. Therefore, you can't say that it is bad. Because people with a bit of sense in their brain know that when you have absolutely zero knowledge concerning a certain subject, it's best to shut up and listen carefully.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
18.04.2009 - 16:40
John Barleycorn
Minimalist
@THE_BLACK_GOD: OK then, but in a sense this just proves my point that this thread is stupid. Why bash something that you are not interested in and don't have any good information about? I can't stand many metal genres, for instance, but I try to keep my opinions to myself because I know little about them.

And about the music in rap, I guess many people (also those with very good taste) don't see metal as music also, it's just noise for them. But they haven't probably famlliarized themselves with metal to see diversity of the genre.

Rap can be musically very rich, you just have to acquire certain listening dispositions to realize that. Same applies to metal. For example, when I first heard black metal, namely "Panzer Division Marduk", I was like "What the fuck, this is not music, this is horrible". Now black metal is probably my favorite metal genres (Marduk still being far from my favorites, btw.) which doesn't mean that I love everything. In fact, most of this is really crappy but there are many jewels also. The ability to distinguish between good and bad within a genre requires first a bit closer acquaintance with it. If that acquaintance is missing, it isn't wise to bash the whole genre.
18.04.2009 - 18:32
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Lucas on 18.04.2009 at 16:34

Written by [user id=31891] on 18.04.2009 at 16:04

The thing is, you don't know what rap is. Therefore, you can't say that it is bad. Because people with a bit of sense in their brain know that when you have absolutely zero knowledge concerning a certain subject, it's best to shut up and listen carefully.

why are you so rude?
18.04.2009 - 18:35
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Rude? I'm absolutely not rude, and I can't find anything in that post that indicates that. The 'shut up'? Come on, that wasn't even directed towards you as a person.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
18.04.2009 - 18:48
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by John Barleycorn on 18.04.2009 at 16:40

@THE_BLACK_GOD: OK then, but in a sense this just proves my point that this thread is stupid. Why bash something that you are not interested in and don't have any good information about? I can't stand many metal genres, for instance, but I try to keep my opinions to myself because I know little about them.

And about the music in rap, I guess many people (also those with very good taste) don't see metal as music also, it's just noise for them. But they haven't probably famlliarized themselves with metal to see diversity of the genre.

Rap can be musically very rich, you just have to acquire certain listening dispositions to realize that. Same applies to metal. For example, when I first heard black metal, namely "Panzer Division Marduk", I was like "What the fuck, this is not music, this is horrible". Now black metal is probably my favorite metal genres (Marduk still being far from my favorites, btw.) which doesn't mean that I love everything. In fact, most of this is really crappy but there are many jewels also. The ability to distinguish between good and bad within a genre requires first a bit closer acquaintance with it. If that acquaintance is missing, it isn't wise to bash the whole genre.

do you know what I cant understan?

Rap has a different world, I cant be a rap person while Im a metal person. I respect a lot of other music tastes, but I cant take techno, trance, rap and .... but I like some classical music or some pop bands and singers, as Dido for example.I like Trip musics, as Bjork. but I cant like Rap. I cant love islam and be a athesit! rap and rock are absolutely different things IMO. maybe Im wrong. but I dont adroe my opinions, maybe a lot of rappers think that Metal is a fuckin funny and devlish or sadistic music. I dont care, I let them to think like that. ppl around the world have a lot of feelings and tastes, thats why we have a lot of different musics and genres in the world. but to be honest I cant respect raps, at least the raps which I saw them sometimes on the tv.

but Im agree with you that this thread is very useless, cause as you said, "So Fucking What?"
19.04.2009 - 08:43
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
You can "be" whatever the fuck kind of person you want to be.

i don't care if something is cool or if it's not. if i like it, i like it. if i don't, i don't. besides, so many worlds within music are blurred anyways, why deny yourself something you might enjoy?

for every rapper that has the wrong perspective on metal, there are metalheads with the wrong perspective on rap. are the popular bands/artists the best? hardly.

check out shit like Dalek... nothing about booty or bullshit there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTeIq8CCG3s

I sense this social order in decline
Our people's been assassinated by our own blind
Balance bullets off last vertebrae
Yo gunshots and lyrics if well aimed will reverberate
There's no escape
Your false Jesus promised lies
I'm... serenaded by sincere tears often
The honest only work to afford wooden coffins
Done talking cause it's speech that allows for deceit
This dalek I speak is forever bred in basements
Complacent eyes are the only witness to my changes
Abrasive words slurred with obtuse thought
Caught by the few who do watch
But lost on these blocks.

Breath below gravel
Eyes to form shadows
Despair always ample
Structure's unraveled
Breath below gravel
Eyes to form shadows
Head's nod
But we still living shackled

Ample time to sleep once this vein's collapse
Clasp hands in vain attempt to prey upon victims
Asked for incisions to sever chest from mind
Designed from remnants of nightmares broke in sections
Blessings can't save designated slaves
Only answer that remains to subvert whole system
All systems fail
But it's patience that has failed
As our patriarchy's jailed to provide veiled income
None listen I speak with pierced larynx
Addicts move in slow increments within granite
Hands bound and damaged are weapons we brandish
Deemed savage by masses
When this anger's just average.

Breath below gravel
Eyes to form shadows
Despair always ample
Structure's unraveled
Breath below gravel
Eyes to form shadows
Head's nod

That pathetic premise of freedom is false
Futility of earthly flesh answers death's solemn call
Within these very words lie my ancestral tongue
I kept breath within collapsed left lung
As I witnessed modern tower of Babel come undone
These bloodshot eyes surmise that most meaning is lost.

Lost paradise rots
Vacant lots breed riots
Few men defiant as we tread 'mongst giants
Filthy air of liar fills lung of young lions
Pierced flesh of Mayan bleeds words on papyrus
Desires blurred in tortured minds of the pious
None stand as righteous when judged through this iris
Skin marked by man's iron
Weighted souls wake when well tired
The unsuspected conspire
Brunt smoke from pyre fills night's sky
Should we attempt to walk on water since we all crucified?
These questions denied
Answers just lies
Sanctify history from hands of blind scribes.

Breath below gravel
Eyes to form shadows
Despair always ample
Structure's unraveled
Breath below gravel
Eyes to form shadows
Head's nod

just realize when looking into rap or hip-hop it's a lot easier to "discover" a 50 Cent than it is a Dalek, just as if someone were to look into metal it would be "easier" for them to find Children of Bodom than Skepticism.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
19.04.2009 - 09:32
tulkas
el parcero
Written by BitterCOld on 19.04.2009 at 08:43

You can "be" whatever the fuck kind of person you want to be.

i don't care if something is cool or if it's not. if i like it, i like it. if i don't, i don't. besides, so many worlds within music are blurred anyways, why deny yourself something you might enjoy?

for every rapper that has the wrong perspective on metal, there are metalheads with the wrong perspective on rap. are the popular bands/artists the best? hardly.

check out shit like Dalek... nothing about booty or bullshit there.

i totally agree with you, 'cause "bing" youself isn't defined by what type of mmusic you listen to, or what clothes you wear. you are who you are by what's iinside your mind and how you view stuff. and you have t stand out for yourself. like you say, if i like something, i like it, if i don't, then i don't, and it's easy as that. i'm not gonna complain or talk shit about something i don't like if i know nothing about it. sure, i don't like some music, but all i sy is, "i don't like it, it annoys me", and that's that.
on the rap thing (and btw, i do like some rap), really cool song there, i liked it a lot. hadn't heard of it before, but i did like this song a lot. an you're right, the most popular isn't strictly gonna be the best. too bad booty shaking and licking and... well, all that shit, has taken over rap, at least mainstream rap, and it sucks, 'cause it is giving rap a really bad image that not all rappers have. people now may think rap is just about sex-related stuff nd nothing else, and miss out the whole picture. it's sad...

Written by John Barleycorn on 18.04.2009 at 16:40

yep, you got a point there. i had the same expereince with BM, as a matter of fact. at the begging i was like, "who listents to this crap? wtf is this noise", but it was only a matter of looking into it and having the correct dispositons to listen to it as you say, and to get familiar with it.
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
19.04.2009 - 11:45
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
What if I hate the way of their music? what if I hate to hear such vocals? what if I hate a lot of other things which I dont like to count here? I dont need rap music, My personality denies rap, I cant enjoy their music their vocals their clothes their Accents and ... . as I said I cant be a rap person and a metal person at the same time!
20.04.2009 - 00:10
Symmachus
The following is music I don't like:

mainstream rap
mainstream country
bubblegum pop
pop-punk
basically most modern pop music in general

I don't feel like goig into detail now, but I wanted to put that up there. There's probably a few others as well.
20.04.2009 - 00:27
Wyrd
RAP!!! Oh My Fucking God I HATE Rap! it's not even music its just some random black guy talking really fast about how hard life on the "Streets" is and how much they Love the Money and bitch's!
----
"The bands called Demon Hunter! They hunt demons!"
20.04.2009 - 01:13
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by Wyrd on 20.04.2009 at 00:27

and how much they Love the Money

Ya' know you just reminded me about Paris Hilton's existence.

Anyway, I'm not a fan of rap either. Well, I know it's easy to say like this because I don't know the most of (probably) good stuff there but I have no interest in this genre, plus, all those half-dollars there are ruining the whole rap scene. Hah, not to mention what is going on MTV.
20.04.2009 - 15:18
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Wyrd on 20.04.2009 at 00:27

RAP!!! Oh My Fucking God I HATE Rap! it's not even music its just some random black guy talking really fast about how hard life on the "Streets" is and how much they Love the Money and bitch's!

Im agree with you, I have seen a large number of ppl who likes rap and the most Imoportant thing is that at least 99% of them are really bullshit (I mean the fans), they dont have nothin to share with you! they are absolutely idiots to be honest. and at least 99% of persian language or turkish language rappers are really rude and use useless words as english ones (and the Rappers like 50 cent support them). if ppl wants to talk about the original rap, I dont care cause, Im not a black and I dont care if some black ppl has sung about their problems and society. cause its not about me and my nation, it was a special thing about american black ppl. and now its done!

Im sorry for MTV and amrecian channells which show such usless music in their tv along 24 hours a day.
20.04.2009 - 15:52
tulkas
el parcero
Written by Symmachus on 20.04.2009 at 00:10

The following is music I don't like:
bubblegum pop

I don't feel like goig into detail now, but I wanted to put that up there. There's probably a few others as well.

wtf is bubblegum pop!!?? hahaha. i never heard of that before!
----
20.04.2009 - 17:39
John Barleycorn
Minimalist
Nice hatefest we are having here. It can get really annoying actually.
20.04.2009 - 17:58
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by John Barleycorn on 20.04.2009 at 17:39

Nice hatefest we are having here. It can get really annoying actually.

why are you sad of this?
20.04.2009 - 18:16
John Barleycorn
Minimalist
I just don't see the point. As I've already said, I also can't stand a bunch of music genres, including many metal styles. But what gives me the right to bash them? I simply don't listen to them and don't start to yell on the forum how crappy they are. You hate rap, fine. But then again, bashing just shows ignorance and expect that some people are going to argue with you.
Btw. good rap isn't just about the problems black people face. The subjects can be universal. For me most of the rap artists I like have much better lyrics than any (yes, any) metal band.

OK I admit that I despise one type of music and it's Celine Dion. I hate that bitch. I know that she's a person but for me, she represents everything bad in music, so in a sense she's like a whole genre for me. Like a heap of elephant diarrhea.
20.04.2009 - 20:47
tulkas
el parcero
Written by John Barleycorn on 20.04.2009 at 18:16

I just don't see the point. As I've already said, I also can't stand a bunch of music genres, including many metal styles. But what gives me the right to bash them? I simply don't listen to them and don't start to yell on the forum how crappy they are. You hate rap, fine. But then again, bashing just shows ignorance and expect that some people are going to argue with you.
Btw. good rap isn't just about the problems black people face. The subjects can be universal. For me most of the rap artists I like have much better lyrics than any (yes, any) metal band.

OK I admit that I despise one type of music and it's Celine Dion. I hate that bitch. I know that she's a person but for me, she represents everything bad in music, so in a sense she's like a whole genre for me. Like a heap of elephant diarrhea.

i agree wiht you on the rap thing, specialy on the lyrics thing. like i said before, the whole booty-shaking, ass-fuckin' realted lyrics are seen on the mainstream rap, which isn't thaaat good, although i admit i like osme of it. but not because of the lyrics. some lyrics can be quite good, like the one they posted a coupl of posts above. it's just a metter of looking into stuff, and getting to know it. if one still doesn't like it after that, well ok, but don't just bash on it because of one or two artsts.

oh, and that elephant diharrea thing:
----