Metal Storm logo
Wintersun

Original post

Posted by Elfeder, 23.05.2006 - 17:00
I was shocked when I noticed that no one created a topic on Wintersun it is so strange because this band is one of the best I know...they have just released one album but this album is fucking masterpiece,
I like their songs "Death and the Healing" and "Beautiful Death" they are great songs and this band is Idol for me.
28.01.2009 - 23:46
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
@Valaskjalf and everyone else who took exception to what I said:

I was merely talking about the lyrics in relativity to that cover, if I enjoy a bands music I will definitely over-look lyrics in trade for the music. I'm just saying the cover really reflects the lyrical content, and lyrics aren't the reason I don't like Wintersun (its not that I "dislike" Wintersun either, a lot of what I say is merely in reaction to the endless fanboy worship, I just don't think they're anything special).
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
29.01.2009 - 10:06
The Butt
Account deleted
I love Wintersun, which I find odd considering they're in a genre I usually despise (power metal).

I thought the self-titled was one of the most epic and flamboyant albums I'd heard... I actually really liked it. And I'm confident that this new one is gonna be on-par with the last, at the very least; which would make it awesome.
30.01.2009 - 17:13
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Yeah seems like the album wont be out for some time to come, or we wont really know about it: Read Jari's entry on the official site's forum and he seems pretty mighty pissed off about everyone putting pressure on him for this release. He said something like, if he had known people would be so demanding on a release date he wouldnt even have TOLD PEOPLE that they're working on something new, or not until it was already mixed. He finished saying "so from now, the album will come out when its ready".

Oh and he said it will also be slower than the first album, which is a shame. Said the first album was 60% fast and 40% slow and the new one will be just the opposite. Oh well...
30.01.2009 - 17:42
VPeter
I like the cover eventhough the colour scheme/shading seems somewhat weird...
30.01.2009 - 20:58
bard
Written by [user id=1909] on 30.01.2009 at 17:13

Yeah seems like the album wont be out for some time to come, or we wont really know about it: Read Jari's entry on the official site's forum and he seems pretty mighty pissed off about everyone putting pressure on him for this release. He said something like, if he had known people would be so demanding on a release date he wouldnt even have TOLD PEOPLE that they're working on something new, or not until it was already mixed. He finished saying "so from now, the album will come out when its ready".

Oh and he said it will also be slower than the first album, which is a shame. Said the first album was 60% fast and 40% slow and the new one will be just the opposite. Oh well...

Slower than the first album?...ouch. I was kind of hoping that with the presumably grander scale of this new album we would have a greater variety of music. I didn't mind the slow songs on the initial release, but over time they started to lose relevance and sort of fell out of my play lists. It's the fast wintersun songs that really stuck with me.
----
31.01.2009 - 20:21
heresiarch
Forever Dead
I heard that there will be 4 over 10 minute mammoths in the album uuuuh can't wait
----
Heaven queen , carry me away from all pain

No reason to live for
One reason to die for

... To live for my death ...
31.01.2009 - 21:43
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Written by heresiarch on 31.01.2009 at 20:21

I heard that there will be 4 over 10 minute mammoths in the album uuuuh can't wait

Yeah apparently the first song is like 15 minutes long and again the album will be full of oriental influences again which I thought was EPIC! Like the start of "Death & Healing"....crazy cool
02.02.2009 - 21:01
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
I wonder, what kind of touring will come out of Time? Jari didn't tour much after the first release but because of that he didn't have much money. Like Cynic, Wintersun might get as much touring in as possible. Thoughts?
----
Coldgrits
02.02.2009 - 23:51
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Written by -DC-002- on 02.02.2009 at 21:01

I wonder, what kind of touring will come out of Time? Jari didn't tour much after the first release but because of that he didn't have much money. Like Cynic, Wintersun might get as much touring in as possible. Thoughts?

Well coming from an outsider, due to the fact that I physically have to fly to Europe to see Wintersun, Im not very up-to-date with their touriing regimes. Yet I think "Time" will probably get more "live-play" than the debut, for the mere fact of how monumental it promises to be. And the fact that Jari has gone through so much shit to get the album done, he would love to finally showcase it. No point in creating, what he describes as something the metal world has never heard, and then not delivering it to the fans.

On the other hand, the songs are gonna be seriously long and epic and layered and Im not sure if they will be able to bring the essence of the album and apparent hugeness from the studio onto a set.
09.02.2009 - 19:56
bard
I was browsing wikipedia just a minute ago and read something on Alexi Laiho's page about participating in Time. I googled as hard as I could, but I couldn't find the interview the article was referring to, so maybe this is just a hiccup in the encyclopedia, but it still interests me...as I really don't know how I would feel if he did make a guest appearance.

[url] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexi_Laiho [/url]
----
10.02.2009 - 02:42
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by bard on 09.02.2009 at 19:56

I was browsing wikipedia just a minute ago and read something on Alexi Laiho's page about participating in Time. I googled as hard as I could, but I couldn't find the interview the article was referring to, so maybe this is just a hiccup in the encyclopedia, but it still interests me...as I really don't know how I would feel if he did make a guest appearance.

Could go either way. (yeah I know I'm not the biggest Wintersun fan to say the least, but I'm still somewhat interested in hearing the upcoming album), personally I think maybe a solo or two laid down would go pretty well, Laihos latest material is a bit rougher which could compliment the slick clean precise playing of Jari well. Just an observation.
----
- George Carlin
10.02.2009 - 15:44
Andre
One of my favorite bands. I still don't own an album, which sucks. But I'd buy all of them if they were available here. Not bitching or anything.
There isn't a song that i dislike.
Songs i most like are: Winter Madness, Beautiful Death, Beyond the Dark Sun and Starchild.
11.02.2009 - 03:58
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Andre on 10.02.2009 at 15:44

One of my favorite bands. I still don't own an album, which sucks. But I'd buy all of them if they were available here.

All one of them?
----
- George Carlin
12.02.2009 - 00:14
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Written by Doc G. on 10.02.2009 at 02:42

Written by bard on 09.02.2009 at 19:56

Could go either way. (yeah I know I'm not the biggest Wintersun fan to say the least, but I'm still somewhat interested in hearing the upcoming album), personally I think maybe a solo or two laid down would go pretty well, Laihos latest material is a bit rougher which could compliment the slick clean precise playing of Jari well. Just an observation.

Fuck...as long as Alexi doesnt brainwash Jari into doing some monkey-spunk cover of some crackwhore like Britney Spears again...and dont let him even THINK about adding to the lyrics.

Well obviously he wont Im just saying, I just hope he forgets about his woefull contributions to COB in the past few years and actually shows off some skill and talent for a change. Pretty certain Jari wont accept anything less.
12.02.2009 - 06:25
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by [user id=1909] on 12.02.2009 at 00:14

Fuck...as long as Alexi doesnt brainwash Jari into doing some monkey-spunk cover of some crackwhore like Britney Spears again...and dont let him even THINK about adding to the lyrics.

Well obviously he wont Im just saying, I just hope he forgets about his woefull contributions to COB in the past few years and actually shows off some skill and talent for a change. Pretty certain Jari wont accept anything less.

I think I remember hearing about how Alexi only sees vocals & lyrics as a necessary pain. So I doubt he'll doing anything vocally or lyrically.
----
- George Carlin
07.03.2009 - 00:30
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Damn...totally stuck on Death And The Healing...i am listening to it at least 20th time already today, still not having enough
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

07.03.2009 - 09:38
Number Juan
I am very dissapointed by the continuous delays seeing as the debut is my favorite album. I really hope no more problems arise and the album is released before 2010.
----
A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. - Bertrand Russell
08.03.2009 - 02:39
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Written by Number Juan on 07.03.2009 at 09:38

I am very dissapointed by the continuous delays seeing as the debut is my favorite album. I really hope no more problems arise and the album is released before 2010.

Hmm yeah I dunno, I wouldnt hold my breath they AGAIN got technical problems (whatever it means this time) so Im not banking on seeing it before 2010. Luckily Jari and them cancelled all tours this year so hopefully it will speed up things from now on. Then again they keep breaking their computers so fuck knows how long it will take.
08.03.2009 - 02:53
Number Juan
Written by [user id=1909] on 08.03.2009 at 02:39

Hmm yeah I dunno, I wouldnt hold my breath they AGAIN got technical problems (whatever it means this time) so Im not banking on seeing it before 2010. Luckily Jari and them cancelled all tours this year so hopefully it will speed up things from now on. Then again they keep breaking their computers so fuck knows how long it will take.

I just hope it doesn't become the metal version of Chinese Democracy.
----
A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. - Bertrand Russell
08.03.2009 - 10:21
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
So far Sinergy are closer in hunt for this title - they are promising album 2 years longer than Wintersun do
----

08.03.2009 - 11:44
Zmaj Ognjeni Vuk
To Mega Therion
Written by Number Juan on 08.03.2009 at 02:53

Or better yet, the Duke Nukem of metal.
----

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one, and they all stink.
08.03.2009 - 11:57
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Written by Number Juan on 08.03.2009 at 02:53

Written by [user id=1909] on 08.03.2009 at 02:39

Well I dont think we have to worry about that....I think one of the reasons why its taking so long is because Jari is an absolute perfectionist. Remember, most of the songs on the debut was written LONG before Jari even started Ensiferum. Sleeping Stars was written 10 years before the debut so its sort of tradition for him to take long with albums. Unfortunately this time everyone has expectations and eventhough it feels long to us he's probably still feeling that hes rushing things.
08.03.2009 - 22:53
StormBringer90
Account deleted
This band is just one of my favourites, love it
09.03.2009 - 14:16
Sandarameth
Account deleted
Yeah! i agree with you)) especially their Battle Against and Death and the Healing are my favourite songs)
21.03.2009 - 09:41
stevemcsteve
Account deleted
If Nuclear Blast is still supporting them after all these postponements it's gotta be pretty good.
21.03.2009 - 09:53
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by [user id=40207] on 21.03.2009 at 09:41

If Nuclear Blast is still supporting them after all these postponements it's gotta be pretty good.

Or they just know people will go bonkers over it no matter how matter how bad it is. The record industry is a business, run by businessmen.
----
- George Carlin
21.03.2009 - 14:21
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Well no matter how long will it takes and how good it will be...loads of new Wintersun's albums will be sold...so it really pays off...because when Nuclear Blast cancels deal, Spinefarm, Roadrunner or whoever will make a new one with once...and then can NB just cry their eyes
----

22.03.2009 - 15:48
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Im slowly but surely losing my anticipation for this album....Im a big fan but I have a feeling by the time it comes out it wont live up to my expectations - unless its really really mind blowing and original.
22.03.2009 - 19:30
VPeter
Or you could do it like me, just take it as it comes. I don't expect it to become a masterpiece, I just expect it to be good.
22.03.2009 - 23:54
Janne
Hugin
Or you just shouldn't expect anything! So if it came out once you would be happy!
----

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-