Metal Storm logo
Music genre you despise the most

Original post

Posted by Valentin B, 06.07.2007 - 20:33
i was looking through this forum and found that many people like music which i consider shit. nothing wrong with that, but it made me curious as to what do people on here truly despise.

i, for one, hate improvisational jazz mainly, when the only one who isn't soloing is the drummer playing in 17/13 time signature a 32-bar rhythm.. sure, you're technical, but.... no emotion in your playing, therefore YOU SUCK!
03.12.2009 - 01:10
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by 19Ninety-Three on 02.12.2009 at 18:26

Rap, New Country, Pop, Screamo. And I find it ironic when people say that they're open to most anything, but they always have something they hate.

The key word there is "most". Being open minded doesn't mean you have to like everything, it just means you don't dismiss things for frivolous, or non-reasons. (Reasons that are not rational, and don't make any logical sense)

I like most music, although metal is what I listen to most. There is some music I don't like, but that's just my personal tastes.
04.12.2009 - 02:11
I stand corrected...
20.12.2009 - 11:38
Cyroth
I HATE "manea"...in my country this is a gispy song,man when I hear this "music" I'm like about to smash into a wall with my head.Other genres that I hate include r&b,pop,hip-hop and various house/dance songs
----
24.01.2010 - 17:55
JD
Account deleted
I think Techno ,Trance & arabic indian turkish songs!!
24.01.2010 - 21:26
Mikyz
Oriental pop, pop and R&B music are the most annoying, I still believe that I'm a fairly open minded person, but in these genres the actual performers do not write their own material and are only recruited on their looks so... pisses me off :/
----
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
24.01.2010 - 21:39
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Actually to me European Power Metal is the most annoying so-called musical genre.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

28.01.2010 - 00:50
Misandry
I would have to admit that I simply cannot stand trance. It just... grates on my nerves. I can't even explain it; there's no energy in it.
----
"Death solves all problems. No man, no problem." - Stalin
28.01.2010 - 00:59
Mikyz
Written by Misandry on 28.01.2010 at 00:50

I would have to admit that I simply cannot stand trance. It just... grates on my nerves. I can't even explain it; there's no energy in it.

Of course, if you don't like it it will get on your nerve, but saying it doesn't have energy is wrong :S I went to techno, trance, house or whatever they call it concerts with my friends (they dragged me there), there are 20,000 people all dancing, that's pretty sick. But it still very boring, repetitive and frankly very annoying, but it still has energy at least (the only thing it has).
----
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
28.01.2010 - 01:28
Misandry
Written by Mikyz on 28.01.2010 at 00:59

Written by Misandry on 28.01.2010 at 00:50

Of course, if you don't like it it will get on your nerve, but saying it doesn't have energy is wrong :S I went to techno, trance, house or whatever they call it concerts with my friends (they dragged me there), there are 20,000 people all dancing, that's pretty sick. But it still very boring, repetitive and frankly very annoying, but it still has energy at least (the only thing it has).

Alright, I see your point. I also used to have a lot of friends who were very interested in trance, and their dancing is pretty cool. I guess I should say that it doesn't have an energy that I can relate to, which makes it seem dull to me. Is that a better elocution?
----
"Death solves all problems. No man, no problem." - Stalin
30.01.2010 - 00:23
SerratedSyringe
I'm extremely picky when it comes to music. The top genres that I can not tolerate are Country, Pop, R&B, J-pop, and almost all "Rock". I do however enjoy hardcore rap, some hip hop, and techno.
----
Just another cog in this infernal machine....
31.01.2010 - 08:26
Edible Autopsy
Country and R&B.

I'm pretty much open to everything else.
----
So let it be written
So let it be done
I've be sent here by the chosen one

So let it be written
So let it be done
To kill the first born pharoah son

I'm Creeping Death
31.01.2010 - 19:30
I_Die_Often
I can not stand country music! I can tolerate most anything, but this...

one of my favorite bumper stickers...
"Stop inbreeding - ban country music"
----
Old enough to be your Daddy... speaking of which... you look familiar... do I know your mother???
02.02.2010 - 15:13
Yäzork
Funk carioca. And no, it got nothing to do with the American funk.
----
last.fm
02.03.2010 - 04:48
whatsacow
Written by I_Die_Often on 31.01.2010 at 19:30

I can not stand country music! I can tolerate most anything, but this...

one of my favorite bumper stickers...
"Stop inbreeding - ban country music"

I agree. Country music sucks.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
05.03.2010 - 18:04
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
I ABSOLUTLY HATE COUNTRY!!!! they only sing about getting drunk and sitting outside they're trailer
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
09.03.2010 - 02:10
Krachyon
Account deleted
Written by Boxcar Willy on 05.03.2010 at 18:04

...they only sing about getting drunk...

I guess Alcohol is what you bitterly need when you're a Country singer...

Just lucky for me I don't have to put up with Country in Germany. We have something way worse. It's what happens if you take traditional music, sodomize all originality out of it, replace musical skill with playback and stupid pop elements and add a dementedly clapping audience. Voila, you just created a festering mutant known as "Schlager", "Bierzeltmusik" or "Volksmusik".

The mental image this music conjures up in me is worse than imagining old people masturbating to Disney cartoons.
If you ever go to a beer festival in Germany, make sure that you do not, at any cost, understand a word of the "lyrics" and arrive so drunk that you won't feel the need to go on a killing spree over the instrumental rape. But I must warn you, I've tried and failed.

Ok, excuse my foaming mouth, there actually are traditional musicans that play enjoyable music, but they are largely ignored in favor of the dungheap of cowfu...
Ah, screw this, type "musikantenstadl" into youtube and feel the pain. I fucking dare you.
10.03.2010 - 01:16
Mainstream country, pop, and most post-rock bands.
----
myspace.com/broadcastingsilence
31.03.2010 - 19:45
Don Martin
le fu-
Glamrock, Nu-Metal, trance, Pop with autotuned "singing" (I do like "pop" bands like Weezer, but I HATE Ke$ha), ...
----
What a tackastrophe!
31.03.2010 - 21:45
Urs Blank
I'm maybe wrong but it seems that people here, especially those who live in a non-English speaking country, are often pissed off with their respective local pop-folk music. It probably comes from the fact they are exhausted with local hits continuously broadcast on TV and radio.
And I'm one of them, I simply can't stand "variété française":-X
31.03.2010 - 22:10
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by Urs Blank on 31.03.2010 at 21:45

I'm maybe wrong but it seems that people here, especially those who live in a non-English speaking country, are often pissed off with their respective local pop-folk music. It probably comes from the fact they are exhausted with local hits continuously broadcast on TV and radio.
And I'm one of them, I simply can't stand "variété française":-X

Yep, you're completely right. I simply can't stand the pop music scene here (along with the country music and that n count of guys who claim to make good dance music). I do like some pop stuff now and then but it rarely comes from my own country since musicians here just can't make anything that wouldn't have stupid words or an annoying melody. And, since pop music is 'so cool' and whatnot, locals forget about rock music which fits us more and surely is better than anything else musicians can produce in this country.
31.03.2010 - 22:29
Urs Blank
Written by Ragana on 31.03.2010 at 22:10

Yep, you're completely right. I simply can't stand the pop music scene here (along with the country music and that n count of guys who claim to make good dance music). I do like some pop stuff now and then but it rarely comes from my own country since musicians here just can't make anything that wouldn't have stupid words or an annoying melody. And, since pop music is 'so cool' and whatnot, locals forget about rock music which fits us more and surely is better than anything else musicians can produce in this country.

Same here in France, musicians have to fill the mainstram "stupid an above all french lyrics" to hope recognition and be broadcast, as French people almost only listen to music with French lyrics.
The rare, if any French bands that try to play rock with lyrics sung in English will have to face the fact that no media will dare to give them a chance.
04.04.2010 - 22:33
Krachyon
Account deleted
Written by Urs Blank on 31.03.2010 at 21:45

It probably comes from the fact they are exhausted with local hits continuously broadcast on TV and radio.

Which does not explain the superposition between the need to go on a killing spree with an axe and to sit in the corner and cry whenever I encounter the German variety. It is not common enough to be unavoidable and you could really play me the sesame street theme for one hour and I wouldn't be going berserk. Seems to be my kryptonite or something...
05.04.2010 - 06:50
Archetype
Crunk, screamo etc. and most modern "rock".
05.04.2010 - 18:30
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Archetype on 05.04.2010 at 06:50

What is crunk?
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

06.04.2010 - 02:30
Archetype
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 05.04.2010 at 18:30

Written by Archetype on 05.04.2010 at 06:50

What is crunk?

Drum machine, lots of bass and shouted/screamed vocals. It's basically hip hop meets electro and screamo.
11.04.2010 - 22:38
edoolin111
Techno
Nu Metal
Hardcore
----
I hope I'm not the only one who has headbanged myself right off the stage....
15.04.2010 - 21:17
Kennoth
Turbo folk
Gangsta rap
Alternative rock
Most of the today's pop
----
*insert something deep and profound*
17.04.2010 - 02:01
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Fuck rap, hip-hop, house, techno, trance, folk, jazz, blues, traditional (regional), country, and also fuck emo/screamo, rubbish "raw" black metal, ambient and funeral doom metal, symphonic shit, most powermetal, and alternative music !

(basically Thrash, Death, some melodic black, Hard rock, and some industrial/nu-metal are ok.. everything else sucks ... oh, and classical music is fine i guess
----

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free
Johann Wolfgang van Goethe 1749-1832
17.04.2010 - 08:26
Uller
There is nothing, NOTHING in the music world ugly as reggaeton, its the worst shit ever made, lyrics sucks, the music is always the same beat, and the cultural content its a step down for mankind.
----
17.04.2010 - 18:57
Kennoth
Written by Uller on 17.04.2010 at 08:26

There is nothing, NOTHING in the music world ugly as reggaeton, its the worst shit ever made, lyrics sucks, the music is always the same beat, and the cultural content its a step down for mankind.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turbo_folk
Look it up in youtube if you dare, I don't
----
*insert something deep and profound*