Metal Storm logo
Wintersun

Original post

Posted by Elfeder, 23.05.2006 - 17:00
I was shocked when I noticed that no one created a topic on Wintersun it is so strange because this band is one of the best I know...they have just released one album but this album is fucking masterpiece,
I like their songs "Death and the Healing" and "Beautiful Death" they are great songs and this band is Idol for me.
08.08.2009 - 21:43
Wyrd
Written by Kasper on 08.08.2009 at 09:16

Written by Wyrd on 08.08.2009 at 07:05

Thank you soo much for not giveing me your personal opinion on what album YOU think the best for people trying to get in to this band, and taking a shit on my post! lol! Cheers mate!

You do notice, that they have only put out one album so far? And most of us, are awaiting the new album, which hopefully will come out this year. And the last pages of the wintersun thread has been all about "Time" - the oncoming album.

Okey thanks. The reason I asked is because I read about this guys somewhere on Metalstorm and I thuoght thay would have other albums then just the one. I only heard of this band a mounth ago so I dont know to much about them, lol sorry.
----
"The bands called Demon Hunter! They hunt demons!"
09.08.2009 - 02:41
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Written by Wyrd on 08.08.2009 at 21:43

Written by Kasper on 08.08.2009 at 09:16

Written by Wyrd on 08.08.2009 at 07:05

Thank you soo much for not giveing me your personal opinion on what album YOU think the best for people trying to get in to this band, and taking a shit on my post! lol! Cheers mate!

You do notice, that they have only put out one album so far? And most of us, are awaiting the new album, which hopefully will come out this year. And the last pages of the wintersun thread has been all about "Time" - the oncoming album.

Okey thanks. The reason I asked is because I read about this guys somewhere on Metalstorm and I thuoght thay would have other albums then just the one. I only heard of this band a mounth ago so I dont know to much about them, lol sorry.

Then you can be lucky, cozz us fans who have followed Wintersun since the start have gone through total agony from the ongoing delays in the release of "Time".

Personally Im not very hopeful for its release before 2011...Im tired of being optimistic because we ALWAYS think "oh shit, Time will be out by August" only to wait another year. So for the time being Im pretending like Wintersun doesnt exist, and only once we get something OFFICIAL from Jari saying he's mastering the album or something solid from the band which proves its imminent release, only then will I get my hopes up again.

By now, with all the delays, this album better be fucking good but I dont think it will be. People have built this thing up so much by now that we expect a monster. Remember, the debut album took Jari over 10 years to write! And maybe he feels 5 years is a bit of a rush!
21.08.2009 - 04:32
I love Wintersun. So great.

Hope I get to see them someday. Jari is a mastermind and a perfectionist and that's why their self titled was so great. I know we've all been waiting for a long ass time for Time to come out, but I am almost positive that it will be amazing.
excited to hear their new material
----
26.08.2009 - 01:36
Uller
Written by heresiarch on 05.08.2009 at 21:24

I met Kai Hahto recently and obviously he cannot comment about incoming album and it's release schedule , however he told me that " compare to this new album , last album was just rehearsing demo "

It' going to be Mammoth one

Yes and like all Mammoths its going to be extinct....
----
26.08.2009 - 01:37
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Well before it can extinct it has to evolve first
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

26.08.2009 - 01:58
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Elite
Written by Ellrohir on 26.08.2009 at 01:37

Well before it can extinct it has to evolve first

In case you are thinking Mammoths evolved into elephants, you are wrong because they are separate lineages though in the same family
----
loves 小巫
26.08.2009 - 02:14
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
No, i wanted to say - first there had to be something like mammoth, before it can extinct...and in case of Time - there is nothing yet...
----

26.08.2009 - 18:57
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Elite
Written by Ellrohir on 26.08.2009 at 02:14

No, i wanted to say - first there had to be something like mammoth, before it can extinct...and in case of Time - there is nothing yet...

funny comment. I totally agree
----
loves 小巫
26.08.2009 - 20:58
Uller
But expectations are extinct
----
26.08.2009 - 22:22
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Pure faith never extincts
----

26.08.2009 - 22:38
Uller
Written by Ellrohir on 26.08.2009 at 22:22

Pure faith never extincts

Faith ≠ expectations...
----
11.09.2009 - 09:00
RyanH
Starchild!!!
11.09.2009 - 09:08
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Beyond The Dark Sun there reigns Winter Madness. Sleeping Stars fight Battle Against Time and they meet Death And The Healing. Starchild suffers Beatiful Death which caused Sadness And Hate of his fellows.
----

12.09.2009 - 00:15
RyanH
^^Nice Ellrohir

Wintersun is by far Jari's best, really have high hopes for another master piece from that guy

Let go! of the stars, the stars that fell into the sea
Let go! of your thoughts and dreams,
What can you see now
13.09.2009 - 16:40
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
*yawn
13.09.2009 - 18:21
Nice work up there, Ellrohir.

I respect Jari's work in composing, recording and mixing the whole album on his own, even though this is not exactly what I usually listen to.
15.09.2009 - 23:57
Janne
Hugin
Written by Ellrohir on 11.09.2009 at 09:08

Beyond The Dark Sun there reigns Winter Madness. Sleeping Stars fight Battle Against Time and they meet Death And The Healing. Starchild suffers Beatiful Death which caused Sadness And Hate of his fellows.

hahhha great man! :D
----

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
16.09.2009 - 23:04
Angel Of Mercy
Yup.
----
Your time will come.
17.09.2009 - 00:50
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Thanks to ya all...i'll try create something like this elsewhere soon
----

17.09.2009 - 14:59
Apocalyp7ica
Account deleted
Written by RyanH on 11.09.2009 at 09:00

Starchild!!!

:D
17.09.2009 - 15:02
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Is the new album gonna come out soon or is Jari gonna pull a "Chinese" on us?
17.09.2009 - 15:11
Elio
Red Nightmare
Chinese, obviously.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
17.09.2009 - 18:31
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
What does it mean "to pull chinese on someone"? i think i am getting it in general according to the context, but i am not really sure about exact translation
----

17.09.2009 - 18:32
Zmaj Ognjeni Vuk
To Mega Therion
It's a G&R and Chinese Democracy parallel, I guess.
----

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one, and they all stink.
17.09.2009 - 18:38
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
You mean the title would be upgraded to "Chinese Time"?
----

18.09.2009 - 05:46
RyanH
Written by Ellrohir on 17.09.2009 at 18:38

You mean the title would be upgraded to "Chinese Time"?

I think you mean "Chinese Against Time"?
18.09.2009 - 10:50
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Battle Against Chinese Time
----

18.09.2009 - 21:52
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
I think Wintersun should just disband lol Theyre not doing shows, we're not getting updates, and Jari obviously doesnt know how to NOT break his PCs. Any of you buy the whole "technical difficulty" he kept talking about? I mean seriously...didnt he go to Nuclearblast after his PC bombed and then they gave him like a Mac or something? And then that broke as well?? Does he shower with his computer or what? Honestly there is something seriously wrong when shit just keeps breaking around him. And I doubt that the work he is doing on the album is more hardware intensive than someone who does...say....video editing?

I stick to my original conspiracy theory that Jari actually hasnt even started working on "Time" but is doing all sorts of drugs in Ibiza and going to trance parties and hes been stuck there for the last year or more because hes too broke to get home.
18.09.2009 - 22:43
bluemobiusx
Account deleted
Written by [user id=1909] on 18.09.2009 at 21:52

I think Wintersun should just disband.

I think you have too much time on your hands to be spending on the internet. Quiting is lame. If people gave up we wouldn't have some very wonderful things in this world.

Sure, it is taking forever for Time to come out, but why should it bother me or you. Delays with Time aren't affecting my life. I have my own life to live and my own concerns and activities. When Time comes out, Great! I will buy and enjoy it then. Plenty of other bands are releasing stuff anyway. I'm listening to that. I'm not sure I get your attitude. Does it upset you that Time isn't out yet? Are you unable to cope with the fact that there are delays with the album? Why does the album delay upset you enough to complain about it on the internet to people who don't give a crap?
19.09.2009 - 00:04
Zmaj Ognjeni Vuk
To Mega Therion
Written by [user id=1909] on 18.09.2009 at 21:52

We're not getting updates.

Well Jari posted this on the Wintersun forums a couple weeks ago:

"Ah the classic "are we there yet?"-question!

It´s subjective. Maybe about 70% of the orchestrations is done, but the remaining 30% is still hell of a lot work, especially the way I have to work.

Can´t still predict any release dates, also because I fear the mixing could be pure hell with the tools I have available. But who knows, it could be easy as well. Still nothing else has been easy making this record, so I´m not expecting the mixing to be any different...

Vocals are done about 80-85%, but I´ve saved all hardest parts for last."

It may not be much of an update, but it's more than nothing.
----

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one, and they all stink.