Metal Storm logo
Satanism

Original post

Posted by Sunioj, 24.08.2006 - 16:14
Satanism, from contemporary individualism to the sub categories of MLO and left hand path...
Plain and simple, what do you all think about it?

Im curious to hear people share thoughts and ideas of this philosophy and let me start by saying that contemporary Satanism is very interesting since it focuses on building oneself spiritually.

Lets take an example like Jon Nodveidt's recent decision to end his life....
He killed himself and his band claims it was a ritual suicide, does this make his form of Satanism a religion because it has rituals or is MLO another form of interpreting Satanism?
15.10.2012 - 23:16
Quote:
So this is your conception of Christian faith? It's like saying "Metal: Blokes with long hair and black leather outfits making pointless noise just because they think it makes them awesome." or "Opera: Fat lady in a fancy dress standing on a stage and making weird and stupid sounds so that silly people can listen to it and think it's culture or some similar bullshit."
Actually God doesn't want anyone to go to hell. If you're a father, sure you tell your son not to become a junkie, so to speak, right? If he still becomes a junkie after all and ends up in jail, impaired or dead, is it because you punished him? No, he created his own hell, so to speak.

I don't like the father telling his son not to become a junkie analogy to Christianity at all. First off, let's assume we're talking about Protestant Christianity. There is a significant difference between a father telling his son to avoid opiates or not eating cat food and an invisible deity telling it's followers to abstain from sexual intercourse before something as arbitrary (in the 21st century) as marriage; and sexual self-repression is but a fraction of the psychological denialism of basic human needs that Christianity as understood by a sola scriptora reading of the Bible yields... Sociological evolution drives ethical shifts as a whole, not a view of objective morality, therefore, we cannot in any way compare not accepting the holy spirit of the risen Christ, Jesus as a means of "self destruction" in the same manner of acute health and safety hazards of worldly problems, such as dependence on narcotics...
08.01.2013 - 15:46
Jimbul2
Account deleted
LaVey satanism has got a lot of wonderful aspects to them, like sexual freedom and that people should strive towards things such as science and skepticism. Besides, most satanist do not even believe in Satan or God (any deity), but use Lucifer as a symbol for subjective morality and physical/mental improvement. How far as the "magic" goes, LaVey was either a satirist or a lunatic.
03.02.2013 - 16:37
Seita
Account deleted
Satanism can basically be broken down into two schools, atheistic Satanism and theistic Satanism. Atheistic Satanists do not recognize the existence of Satan as a literal being but as a figurative, aesthetic idea that serves as a metaphor for the Satanic philosophy. Theistic Satanists, on the other hand, regard Satan as a literal, existing being. LaVey's school of Satanic thought is definitely in the atheistic realm as he, amongst others, believe that all of the imagery is meant to create a certain aesthetic which thus elicits an emotional response from the practitioner, nothing more and nothing less. I have not read the work of any theistic Satanists so I am not quite sure how they view that but I would be interested to learn. I am not a Satanist myself but I think it is a valuable school of thought and deserves more proper study as many people are very ignorant to what it is actually about.
18.02.2013 - 21:54
Jaeryd
Nihil's Maw
Written by [user id=138221] on 03.02.2013 at 16:37

Satanism can basically be broken down into two schools, atheistic Satanism and theistic Satanism. Atheistic Satanists do not recognize the existence of Satan as a literal being but as a figurative, aesthetic idea that serves as a metaphor for the Satanic philosophy. Theistic Satanists, on the other hand, regard Satan as a literal, existing being. LaVey's school of Satanic thought is definitely in the atheistic realm as he, amongst others, believe that all of the imagery is meant to create a certain aesthetic which thus elicits an emotional response from the practitioner, nothing more and nothing less. I have not read the work of any theistic Satanists so I am not quite sure how they view that but I would be interested to learn. I am not a Satanist myself but I think it is a valuable school of thought and deserves more proper study as many people are very ignorant to what it is actually about.

I was going to make a comment, but then I saw that you said pretty much everything I wanted to say, so I guess I don't have to now. Thank you.
----
14.04.2013 - 02:32
Rasputin
Satanism is just another -ism. I was immersed in it for a little bit in my youth, now I find it as stupid as any other religion. LaVey did not create anything new, he just made a soup of the things he liked, to satisfy his deprived mind. Satanism has nothing to offer but lowering yourself to the level of an animal, and that is not hard at all.
Men are not Gods, we are finite beings, and anyone stating "I am my God" is well...obtuse. We are easily destroyed, our views change, we change, and to be a God, you have to immutable.

You will not find freedom in any group, cult, sect or a religion. And that is a fact.
25.06.2014 - 18:51
Ganondox
Quote:
Satanism is just plain stupid, the atheist branches are a bunch of assholes and the theist branches are flat out insane. Luciferianism, on the other hand, is respectable.

Written by SkepticalSteve on 15.10.2012 at 23:16

So this is your conception of Christian faith? It's like saying "Metal: Blokes with long hair and black leather outfits making pointless noise just because they think it makes them awesome." or "Opera: Fat lady in a fancy dress standing on a stage and making weird and stupid sounds so that silly people can listen to it and think it's culture or some similar bullshit."
Actually God doesn't want anyone to go to hell. If you're a father, sure you tell your son not to become a junkie, so to speak, right? If he still becomes a junkie after all and ends up in jail, impaired or dead, is it because you punished him? No, he created his own hell, so to speak.

I don't like the father telling his son not to become a junkie analogy to Christianity at all. First off, let's assume we're talking about Protestant Christianity. There is a significant difference between a father telling his son to avoid opiates or not eating cat food and an invisible deity telling it's followers to abstain from sexual intercourse before something as arbitrary (in the 21st century) as marriage; and sexual self-repression is but a fraction of the psychological denialism of basic human needs that Christianity as understood by a sola scriptora reading of the Bible yields... Sociological evolution drives ethical shifts as a whole, not a view of objective morality, therefore, we cannot in any way compare not accepting the holy spirit of the risen Christ, Jesus as a means of "self destruction" in the same manner of acute health and safety hazards of worldly problems, such as dependence on narcotics...
What's so outrageous about celibacy before marriage? There are many practical reasons for monogamy, and in the historical context ethical ones as well relating to how society functioned then.
28.09.2014 - 05:19
Rasputin
Satanism is so passe, a thing of the eighties and nineties, and it was a joke then, and it is a joke now. I mean, let's face it, you hate or disprove Xtianity, yet you follow a "fallen angel." At the end of the day both the Christian, Muslim or a Satanist are delusional in believing that they each are free, have power and are somehow better than the other.
05.10.2014 - 01:10
ThunderAxe1989
Account deleted
What would be the purpose of Theistic Satanism? I don't understand....
06.10.2014 - 19:20
Rasputin
Written by [user id=160] on 05.10.2014 at 01:10

What is the purpose with Satanism in general? I don't get it. You replace one religion with another, because this other one gives you "more freedom."
12.10.2014 - 20:01
ThunderAxe1989
Account deleted
Written by Rasputin on 06.10.2014 at 19:20

What is the purpose with Satanism in general? I don't get it. You replace one religion with another, because this other one gives you "more freedom."

Well, I would think with LaVeyan Satanism (Atheistic Satanism), it's like being Atheist but with ritualism. Peter H. Gilmore even admitted that it's a show, he said all religion is a show but Satanists are the only ones who admit it. He also admitted that Satanists are extremely selfish people. LaVeyan Satanists see themselves as the center of the universe. So it's a more self-centered, theatrical, hedonism oriented version of Atheism.

But to me, if you're into Theistic Satanism, then wouldn't that mean that you literally worship Satan and therefore don't see yourself as the center of the universe? Wouldn't that mean that you accept the bible as literal truth just like Christians, although you oppose it? Wouldn't that mean that those so called 'prophecies' in the book of Revelation, such as the devil being thrown into a lake of fire, are going to come true? If that's going to come true, then what's the point if you know that one day you and Satan will lose? I'm only trying to rationalize and understand it, so far it seems like nonsense
14.10.2014 - 21:11
Rasputin
Written by [user id=160] on 12.10.2014 at 20:01

Written by Rasputin on 06.10.2014 at 19:20

Well, I would think with LaVeyan Satanism (Atheistic Satanism), it's like being Atheist but with ritualism. Peter H. Gilmore even admitted that it's a show, he said all religion is a show but Satanists are the only ones who admit it. He also admitted that Satanists are extremely selfish people. LaVeyan Satanists see themselves as the center of the universe. So it's a more self-centered, theatrical, hedonism oriented version of Atheism.

But to me, if you're into Theistic Satanism, then wouldn't that mean that you literally worship Satan and therefore don't see yourself as the center of the universe? Wouldn't that mean that you accept the bible as literal truth just like Christians, although you oppose it? Wouldn't that mean that those so called 'prophecies' in the book of Revelation, such as the devil being thrown into a lake of fire, are going to come true? If that's going to come true, then what's the point if you know that one day you and Satan will lose? I'm only trying to rationalize and understand it, so far it seems like nonsense

It is nonsense, I would say an even greater nonsense than Christianity. LaVeyan Satanists are under the impression that they are gods, and all that bullshit. I find it funny that a god can die from a bullet, or a simple thing as a virus.

Your logical process is very good, I often posed that question myself. If you accept Satan as your true master and god, then by default you accept Judeo-Christian faith/religion as your own, because there is no Satan outside of the same religious root, but especially in the Bible. And yes, why indeed would you worship an inferior being that you know will get his ass kicked again. I think they should have just called themselves humanists without the ritualism and be done with it, because this now looks very, very stupid.
22.10.2014 - 23:39
Satanism is a pretty involved and deep topic. I can certainly appreciate and admire the LaVeyian perspective in that it regards religious dogma as being just that, dogma (including Satanic dogma), instead of trying to masque it as being divine or whatever. Often one gets a strong emotional reaction from the imagery, sounds and/or words associated with a particular belief set and thus associates these things with a "spiritual" feeling while, from the atheistic and/or Satanic perspective, these things are viewed as strong emotional reactions instead. Overall, LaVey was clearly inspired by Nietzsche so, in a sense, his work is really just a more modernized version of many of Nietzsche's sentiments but, then again, atheistic Satanism also has its own unique brand of imagery and aesthetics. Part of the appeal of Satanism is the overall aesthetic of it - sinister imagery, general darkness, carnal indulgence, general hedonism and the like. The overall aesthetic is what separates the atheistic Satanist from the atheist as the latter isn't likely to be attracted to the "Satanic aura" the same way an actual Satanist would be (naturally). I would also like to note that LaVey was a very clever and entertaining writer - reading a text like The Satanic Bible is actually an enjoyable experience because it's witty, quick, sharp and simply well-written which goes right along with his Satanic ideals, haha.
25.10.2014 - 07:00
Rasputin
Written by EntombedRainfall on 22.10.2014 at 23:39

Satanism is a pretty involved and deep topic. I can certainly appreciate and admire the LaVeyian perspective in that it regards religious dogma as being just that, dogma (including Satanic dogma), instead of trying to masque it as being divine or whatever. Often one gets a strong emotional reaction from the imagery, sounds and/or words associated with a particular belief set and thus associates these things with a "spiritual" feeling while, from the atheistic and/or Satanic perspective, these things are viewed as strong emotional reactions instead. Overall, LaVey was clearly inspired by Nietzsche so, in a sense, his work is really just a more modernized version of many of Nietzsche's sentiments but, then again, atheistic Satanism also has its own unique brand of imagery and aesthetics. Part of the appeal of Satanism is the overall aesthetic of it - sinister imagery, general darkness, carnal indulgence, general hedonism and the like. The overall aesthetic is what separates the atheistic Satanist from the atheist as the latter isn't likely to be attracted to the "Satanic aura" the same way an actual Satanist would be (naturally). I would also like to note that LaVey was a very clever and entertaining writer - reading a text like The Satanic Bible is actually an enjoyable experience because it's witty, quick, sharp and simply well-written which goes right along with his Satanic ideals, haha.

Meh, satanism is as relevant as a Hot Topic.
29.10.2014 - 03:30
ThunderAxe1989
Account deleted
@Rasputin: Why thank you I don't think Satanists literally see themselves as 'God', when they say they are their own god, I take that to mean that they are the object of their worship, they are the center of their attention. The main focus I think is to just do what you have to do, embrace your individuality and treat others as they deserve.

LaVeyan Satanism draws a lot of influence from Ayn Rand's Objectivist Philosophy. To me that makes it so much more fascinating and able to relate to it more. The ritualism might be a bit over the top and unnecessary, but I do sympathize with the philosophical aspect of it, plus I find the imagery quite attractive.

.....I still definately identify as Atheist though.
07.11.2014 - 07:43
Rasputin
Written by [user id=160] on 29.10.2014 at 03:30

@Rasputin: Why thank you I don't think Satanists literally see themselves as 'God', when they say they are their own god, I take that to mean that they are the object of their worship, they are the center of their attention. The main focus I think is to just do what you have to do, embrace your individuality and treat others as they deserve.

LaVeyan Satanism draws a lot of influence from Ayn Rand's Objectivist Philosophy. To me that makes it so much more fascinating and able to relate to it more. The ritualism might be a bit over the top and unnecessary, but I do sympathize with the philosophical aspect of it, plus I find the imagery quite attractive.

Atheism is another form or religion, since you believe that there is no God, while the religious people believe there is one.

As far as Satanism goes, it's just another gimmick, another streamline cope out self enlightenment self impowerment scheme. There really is nothing original in it. When I was younger I used to think it was cool, but I was 17 then, now I look at it, and just shake my head. But, if you are into it, and it is working for you, then by all means.
08.11.2014 - 18:38
ThunderAxe1989
Account deleted
Written by Rasputin on 07.11.2014 at 07:43

Atheism is another form or religion, since you believe that there is no God, while the religious people believe there is one.

As far as Satanism goes, it's just another gimmick, another streamline cope out self enlightenment self impowerment scheme. There really is nothing original in it. When I was younger I used to think it was cool, but I was 17 then, now I look at it, and just shake my head. But, if you are into it, and it is working for you, then by all means.

The way I see it, if Atheism is a religion, then 'off' is a television channel.

For Satanism, the theatrics might be over the top, but the pure philosophy itself is reasonable I think. It's just a spin of Objectivism.
09.11.2014 - 00:12
Rasputin
Written by [user id=160] on 08.11.2014 at 18:38

Written by Rasputin on 07.11.2014 at 07:43

The way I see it, if Atheism is a religion, then 'off' is a television channel.

For Satanism, the theatrics might be over the top, but the pure philosophy itself is reasonable I think. It's just a spin of Objectivism.

I don't think that comparison really works, but if we look into it, having the TV on is believing, to have TV off is to believe that you disbelieve. I was an Atheist once myself, and it took me years to realize that it is a form of a religion, while lacking in ritual and an actual congregation, you have people on websites banding together to project their belief that there is no God, and how faulty the logic of religious people is, and the usual argument "you can't prove that God exists," or from a standpoint of a theistic person "You can't disprove the existence of God."

LaVeyan Satanism is a mix bowl of a lot of things, and like I said, going for the humanist, egoist and in your own words objective approach would be a more accurate assertion.
09.11.2014 - 11:08
IronAngel
Debating whether X is a religion or not implies that there is some definition of religion with necessary and sufficient conditions. No scholar of religion has managed to come up with an uncontested definition so far.

I would rather consider religion or religiosity a category or a perspective from which you can analyse the meanings and logic of human behaviour and society. It is entirely pointless to debate whether bodybuilding is a real religion, but it is very much possible and enlightening to analyse aspects of the subculture from the perspective of religious studies.

Religious modes of thought, speech and behaviour are inherent to human nature, so I doubt you will find a single individual that is completely devoid of any hint of religiosity. Of course, since "religion" isn't something distinct and separate from other human experience but rather inseparably entwined in everything we do, you could argue that there is no point in calling your morning routines or your campaign against the church "religious". But really, if it makes it more understandable and allows for interesting new perspectives, it justifies itself.

Confident atheism, the type of Hitchens and Dawkins etc., certainly shares features of religion, only it is not quite as sophisticated. LaVeyan Satanism is a full-blown religion and I see very little reason to treat it as anything but. The exact dogmatic stance on a transcendental entity is pointless sophism; that's not all religion is about.
10.11.2014 - 21:58
FOOCK Nam
I wonder by religions, from each it own, it's better to believe you are God, or better follow (the) God as you believe in ?.. Which one give you more strength and advantages in life ?

All religions are about following God, one religion's God bashing the other religion's God, or some like to be God himself.. The kind of religion thoughts is a way to give you a base of strength in life.. I ve had times of researching Bible, indeed strong hand..but I still wonder if anyone ever, or I think some of most successful men on earth, they do believe they are God. Such kind of thought has brought their success...
10.11.2014 - 23:54
IronAngel
I find the whole "We are our own gods" way of thinking to be psychologically and morally immature. Regardless of the truth-value of religious statements, there seems to be more wisdom and less teenage posturing in the traditional world religions based on respect of and reliance on something holier than yourself. That's why I can't really take Satanism seriously, even if the idea appealed to me as an angry, arrogant boy in puberty.

As much as I love Nietzsche and as romantic and admirable as his genius and life was, he did go crazy. Now, the cause may have been purely physiological, but it's a powerful symbol in any case. He did not live a happy life and he never could answer the challenge he set out for himself. Much of modern Satanism and atheism is an unintellectual, devolved parody of Nietzsche's thought, so if even the master ultimately failed, how worse off can the fanboys be.
11.11.2014 - 02:58
FOOCK Nam
Written by IronAngel on 10.11.2014 at 23:54

I find the whole "We are our own gods" way of thinking to be psychologically and morally immature. Regardless of the truth-value of religious statements, there seems to be more wisdom and less teenage posturing in the traditional world religions based on respect of and reliance on something holier than yourself. That's why I can't really take Satanism seriously, even if the idea appealed to me as an angry, arrogant boy in puberty.

As much as I love Nietzsche and as romantic and admirable as his genius and life was, he did go crazy. Now, the cause may have been purely physiological, but it's a powerful symbol in any case. He did not live a happy life and he never could answer the challenge he set out for himself. Much of modern Satanism and atheism is an unintellectual, devolved parody of Nietzsche's thought, so if even the master ultimately failed, how worse off can the fanboys be.

I can see your thoughts and views on religion is more of analyst and researcher rather than the religion's followers. By that I mean, the religion absorbers, ppl who follow it, either way I think the researchers and the practices have different journey of understanding.

I do have times of involvement in Christians surrounding. Most of them I've seen that they seek God when they have a catastrophe disaster crisis time in their life. The Bible is like big hand lifting their moods, consolidate their spirit, giving solaces of covering their life downtime at that moment. The Bible teaches you ways to get over the material world and reach to God to have consolation... And all other religions (God fearing) like Islam, Hindu, Buddhism.. are the same that way it religions is all a way to support living life for human.,

But on the other hand, the thought "we are our own gods" do have effect on the psychological of ppl who embed and aborbs that way of thinking, lifestyle, spirit..especially in modern era, this 21st century, where individual go and get, living style, and culture, especially seen in fitness sport, model role, politics all are about ego and the self.. Personally I guess I can't deny that it still have a effect like a helping hand on living life of human.. This kind of thinking, god himself, as somehow in satanism, Lavey, atheism do have some effect.. I agree that teenage pose and all of similars for being Im-my-god style is immature, not deep thinking nor even formal to be widespread and acknowledge..,but can't deny that this way mind control can create absolutely confidence.. Most communists are atheist, like Lenin, Stalin, etc.. Those bad guys but with extreme confidence.

Nietzsche indeed is genius, philosopher, writers, literature author, terrifically.. He is God basher with idea God is dead. He indeed go maniac about that and with all his other his mind and thoughts..he got hundred of diseases and must fight it.. He goes to the point of naked dance and maniac till death..I remember read somewhere that one psychiatry student said that the cause for his maniac can be by his self-absorption..too much his self... His legacy is all the mind blowing motivation for individuals going beyond their limitation to build the world modern from ww2 after and till now.. I think if speaking for his life, yes not happy, but satisfaction himself, we not sure, but his case with his idea Will to power is still affect modern world somehow..

I think to conclude of religions, is concluding as in term of research only, ably, that religion still needed to be research more and uncovered all of hidden secrets, teaching, either God fearing or not, cuz religion still affect us until 20th century, even until now. It do have affect on mind thinking, human behavior..I've seen country like America they are extremely religious..etc example of even one of very developed country.
11.11.2014 - 17:57
Rasputin
America religious? I don't think so. Maybe in the South, up North that's not the case. I would concede that they are Christians in name, but to say that they actually believe or practice the shit, I don't see that. The great thing with religious people is that they are all talk, but no walk, they don't know their own teachings or the Bible, and even if they know the passages they have no idea what they mean. I usually obliterate them in a debate within first few minutes.

One thing I would say when it comes to religion, is that provides morality to people, and that is important for the overall well being of the society. Now, you take it to the extreme levels like we have seen and it is a detriment. Human beings always had in their nature the need, the urge to believe into something. Every culture across the globe had a religion of gods or a God. Observing the USA society, I can only say that the weaker the religion influence is, meaning the level of upbringing and instilling morals, values and ethics, the more devastating the society gets, because no one fears anything anymore. In USA, God is money, and it;s fueled by mindless consumerism and greed, not to mention the influence of the media of telling you that you are better person if you have an Iphone or some shit like that.

And I agree with Iron Angel, this "I am my own god" is so stupid and immature and there we have another issue, if you truly believe that, then you will have no regard for anyone else.
15.11.2014 - 21:25
ThunderAxe1989
Account deleted
It's not so much that you have 'no regard for anyone else' per say. One of the guidelines in LaVeyan Satanism is that you don't waste compassion or kindness on the undeserving, So whomever is deserving in your eyes, you care for them. It's just that you are an individual and you put your own self interests first, which isn't as bad as it sounds, it's our human nature.

On another note, I'm finding it hard to believe that more than one person on this thread claims that Atheism is like a religion. Atheism is a proclamation that there is no god. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less. Atheism has been compared to herding kittens because, since it's not a dogma, it's of course non-dogmatic. You can have about 4 or 5 Atheists in a room and they may all share different political views and have different stances on social and economic issues, it's just that none of them acknowledge a higher power. Atheists online banding together to find common ground in their distaste towards religion doesn't make Atheism a religion. If you go in a book store, Atheist books are found under the Philosophy section. I guess because it's both a proclamation and a philosophical stance.
Politically, I personally identify as a Libertarian. Now, if I band together with a few more Libertarians and we make fun of the logic of Liberals and Conservatives......or we express our contempt for Communism and it's all a general consensus between us now, does that make Libertarianism a religion? of course not.

How do some of you define 'religion' anyway? That's the question I probably should have asked from the start. I don't even consider LaVayan Satanism a religion in the traditional sense.....
18.02.2016 - 23:20
Rasputin
Yeah, Satanism is so edgy and cool...:
13.04.2016 - 23:13
Enteroctopus
I have been rather curious as to the specific differences between various devils, if indeed any such differences exist, being: Lucifer, Satan, Baphomet, Mephistopheles, etc.

Is this just a collection of names, variations on a theme, or do these mythologies actually refer to different persons or entities, if you will?

I ask this more in an academic sense than a religious one as I highly doubt the existence of any of these things, but like Zeus or Apollo clearly there are connections to various aspects of nature or even human nature...

I rather like the story of the snake in Eden tempting Eve with the Fruit of Knowledge. Seems I would have probably set up camp under that tree and hung out a while with the serpent. Just seems an intriguing, rather delightful fellow, be he popular with Yahweh or not, what do I care? Sounds like fun. That's Lucifer, right?

I like the intellectual guy, the one who whispers the blueprint for a successful neutron bomb in your ear late one evening. I see the horrible path it can lead yet I would be tempted to pour a warm cup of coffee and listen... Complex formulas of wanton destruction, interesting.

But the more basic, animalistic behaviors are rather disturbing at the same time, and not pathological activities such as serial killing, which may be a neurological condition. "Innocent" ordinary corruption, from speeding a bit on the highway to lying to your Mom as a kid, is a slippery slope all the way to strapping an explosive to yourself or murdering for some criminal organization. These are far more frightening to me than simple madness.

Which devil is that? The one that leads to escalation from argument to fist fight, destruction of personal property to physical violence, etc. Seems a different fellow, is it?

Given the right upbringing, the proper location you might as well be a Crip as a chess champion. Depends on your family life, social structure. Environment has a lot to do with whether you get your PhD or end up beheading wives and children of people who disobey you. There is nothing "wrong" with these people, aside from living somewhere and running into the right sort of people who lead them down the path of being a leader of a cartel, or Bernie Madoff.

The fact that we can cheer for Breaking Bad's Heisenberg reveals what is most truly disturbing about human nature - we have it in us to be Heisenberg. We don't have a capacity to be Jeffery Dahmer. Fact is, the perfectly sane chemistry teacher is a whole lot more dangerous.

How about systemic evil? The Nazi movement. Not Hitler, but the people who followed him. The ones who looked the other way as their neighbors were rounded up. Is he a different fellow, too?

What I wonder about Satanism is; is the purpose the intentional cultivation of corruption? Purposely seeking to be more manipulative and methodical?

Seems a lot of people do that. Is that not what a successful criminal or politician does? You can't buy and sell people's lives, lay off a hundred thousand underpaid workers without growing morally detached from the who thing, right? There is a certain ruthlessness involved or you fail.

The blurriness of that line between "successful business person" and "narcissistic egomaniac utterly devoid of morals" is horrifying.

I'd rather like to hang out with the snake and learn how to devise a deadly potion, unleash a plague. Knowledge itself is not evil, though. To be a good doctor one has to have a certain fascination with how people can die. You have to enjoy dissection, deconstruction of the anatomy. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Girls' gossip on the playground is infinitely more terrifying. Which devil is that? Who turns sweet Susy into a killer over a kiss?

Which Satan are we talking about?
10.06.2016 - 21:19
Rasputin
The dumb Satan, for even dumber people.
13.06.2016 - 01:41
Iron Wizard
I am a Theistic Satanist. I aww m mostly opposed to LaVeyan Satanism. It does have good good qualities to it, but I can't take it seriously. I am similar to Setians in a few ways I believe in something very similar to The Gift of the Black Flame, but I'm a Satanist. I do think there is an overwhelming presence of childishness in Satanism, partially as a result of The Church of Satan.
16.06.2016 - 04:08
Rasputin
No one can take any Satanists seriously. Bronies carry more weight than Satanists.
26.06.2016 - 19:38
DeathStrike
Written by Iron Wizard on 13.06.2016 at 01:41

I am a Theistic Satanist. I aww m mostly opposed to LaVeyan Satanism. It does have good good qualities to it, but I can't take it seriously. I am similar to Setians in a few ways I believe in something very similar to The Gift of the Black Flame, but I'm a Satanist. I do think there is an overwhelming presence of childishness in Satanism, partially as a result of The Church of Satan.

What does that mean?
15.07.2016 - 00:40
Written by DeathStrike on 26.06.2016 at 19:38

Written by Iron Wizard on 13.06.2016 at 01:41

What does that mean?

Theistic Satanists literally believe in the existence of the devil. They're basically Christians who self identify as evil.