Metal Storm logo
Marduk

Original post

Posted by Throne of Rats, 23.08.2006 - 13:07
A thread dedicated to the mighty Marduk, feel free to discuss/share your thoughts on Marduk.
19.03.2007 - 21:04
Sunioj
Im pretty new to Marduk and I just got Heaven shall burn, I think its a pretty tight and heavy album maybe not mindblowing but it makes me interested to hear more...what other albums would you guys recommend?
20.03.2007 - 19:02
Sunioj
Im going to check that out that, Ive heard a ton of good things about that album, actually I sort of take back what Ive written before, Heaven shall burn is a great album the screaming guitars and the raw production...the vocals also really kill too. my favorite song would have to be darkness it shall be and beyond the grace of God.
22.03.2007 - 07:51
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Panzer Division is definitly my favorite album of theres....I dont see how people could detest it, well, people that are into BM that is.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
22.03.2007 - 09:38
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
I am not much into Marduk , still it is in my "Give up band list".

Heared the new album , promo or whatever that was .... okish album with 2 good song 'Imago Mortis' and 'Accuser / Opposer' .... rest of the album is fine , nothing great.
22.03.2007 - 13:58
Hyvaarin
AUSTRALIAN TOUR ANNOUNCED, FUCK YEAH!!
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
22.03.2007 - 19:41
Necronomicon
Account deleted
i think marduk is one of the black metal bands i really enjoy! its not the same riff over and over again for a change like many black metal bands tend to do.
And the vocals totaly rocks.
22.03.2007 - 20:30
Sunioj
I dont understand the whole norsecore thing, I mean if speed is the key then most of the "black metal" bands I listen can also be considered norsecore. I find Marduks style similar to lets say....al intisar...as jerusalem burns by melechesh, why the double standard? I think its just silly.

But I will look into the bands later stuff to see the fuss about "norsecore" is.
23.03.2007 - 13:07
kackbratze
Written by Sunioj on 19.03.2007 at 21:04

Im pretty new to Marduk and I just got Heaven shall burn, I think its a pretty tight and heavy album maybe not mindblowing but it makes me interested to hear more...what other albums would you guys recommend?

I can recommend "Dark Endless". It's an awesome piece of old-school death metal. "Those of the Unlight" marks the start of their black metal career and is really good, one song has cool acoustic guitars. Otherwise I can only recommend "Panzer Division Marduk". If you want to find out what the whole deal about norsecore is about, check out this album. It is almost 100% blasting... pretty good nevertheless.

I couldn't get into their newer work, it seems uninspired and boring, also the newest release.
25.03.2007 - 13:15
Throne of Rats
Written by kackbratze on 23.03.2007 at 13:07

Written by Sunioj on 19.03.2007 at 21:04

I can recommend "Dark Endless". It's an awesome piece of old-school death metal. "Those of the Unlight" marks the start of their black metal career and is really good, one song has cool acoustic guitars. Otherwise I can only recommend "Panzer Division Marduk". If you want to find out what the whole deal about norsecore is about, check out this album. It is almost 100% blasting... pretty good nevertheless.

I couldn't get into their newer work, it seems uninspired and boring, also the newest release.

I agree with most of what u have said, however i think all their albums are great. If you want to hear some good Marduk IMO listen to World Funeral, Panzer Div, Dark Endless and Fuck Me Jesus <(My Avatar is the cover) Fuck Me Jesus is old school Black/Death, not to mention how evil it is.
----
Burning Crosses, Invoke the Powers, Rape the Crown, Hell Awaits!!
25.03.2007 - 13:54
kackbratze
Written by Throne of Rats on 25.03.2007 at 13:15

I agree with most of what u have said, however i think all their albums are great. If you want to hear some good Marduk IMO listen to World Funeral, Panzer Div, Dark Endless and Fuck Me Jesus <(My Avatar is the cover) Fuck Me Jesus is old school Black/Death, not to mention how evil it is.

Yeah, I just don't like their albums after PaDiMa. It gonna get that EP you mentioned and catch up on their early work until PaDiMa sometime...
27.03.2007 - 07:57
Throne of Rats
Written by kackbratze on 25.03.2007 at 13:54

Written by Throne of Rats on 25.03.2007 at 13:15

Yeah, I just don't like their albums after PaDiMa. It gonna get that EP you mentioned and catch up on their early work until PaDiMa sometime...

Nice choice, strongly recomended!!
----
27.03.2007 - 19:19
Necronomicon
Account deleted
Written by Sunioj on 22.03.2007 at 20:30

I dont understand the whole norsecore thing, I mean if speed is the key then most of the "black metal" bands I listen can also be considered norsecore. I find Marduks style similar to lets say....al intisar...as jerusalem burns by melechesh, why the double standard? I think its just silly.

But I will look into the bands later stuff to see the fuss about "norsecore" is.

what is norsecore?
27.03.2007 - 19:40
Sunioj
Written by [user id=16496] on 27.03.2007 at 19:19

Written by Sunioj on 22.03.2007 at 20:30

what is norsecore?

Its a term describing bands like Marduk or Dark Funeral that play "unneccesarily" fast, hence the - core.
27.03.2007 - 19:47
AntaeusM
Elite
Written by Sunioj on 27.03.2007 at 19:40

Its a term describing bands like Marduk or Dark Funeral that play "unneccesarily" fast, hence the - core.

As far as I know they invited the term to mock bands that are ridiculously satanic, such as Marduk or Dark Funeral. Basically, mocking all the bands that just make brainless fast over-the-top satanic black metal
27.03.2007 - 19:54
Sunioj
Written by AntaeusM on 27.03.2007 at 19:47

Written by Sunioj on 27.03.2007 at 19:40

As far as I know they invited the term to mock bands that are ridiculously satanic, such as Marduk or Dark Funeral. Basically, mocking all the bands that just make brainless fast over-the-top satanic black metal

Exactly...its a mock term. I looked over the overly satanic thing, because thats just theme for the music like any other band...but I guess that the second aspect of Norsecore.
28.03.2007 - 23:18
Necronomicon
Account deleted
I think it is wrong to mock Marduk!? it is a black metal band with at least musical variation. Great riffs, great vocal... not extremly over repetive like Nargaroth fx.

the lyrical aspect isent ridicilous either it isent sodomizing jesus all the time... marduk also write about other stuff like ww2 war crimes etc
28.03.2007 - 23:21
Necronomicon
Account deleted
and it isent all speedy try listen to seven angels, seven trumphets
29.03.2007 - 12:35
AntaeusM
Elite
Written by [user id=16496] on 28.03.2007 at 23:18

I think it is wrong to mock Marduk!? it is a black metal band with at least musical variation. Great riffs, great vocal... not extremly over repetive like Nargaroth fx.

the lyrical aspect isent ridicilous either it isent sodomizing jesus all the time... marduk also write about other stuff like ww2 war crimes etc

Norsecore is a term made up by those "troo kvlt kiddies". They use to mock the band. I also think Marduk doesn't deserve to be mocked. I really like them. However, especially in Marduk's first years, they did have this over-the-top satanism. Naming your album "Fuck Me Jesus" isn't really uh..mature. And even the last few years, they had some things that was uh..not so mature. I still remember seeing Legion in that leather SM-outfit in the World Funeral promotional video. Just urgh.. so from that part, I understand they get mocked, but musically they are talented.

And I remember lyrics going "Fistfucking..Gods..Planet" and stuff like that, some lyrics of Marduk are well-written(La Grande Dance Macabre had some great lyrics on some songs) but also some lyrics are just hilariously bad. Mostly the lyrics on Nightwing and Panzer Division Marduk are just bad.
31.03.2007 - 02:05
RYLIUK
Account deleted
Besides of the lyrics been "well written" or not I think they achieve to be on the top of black metal bands today, the norsecore shit is just a characteristic that defines them, the vocals of Marduk are pure blasfemic screams, just what they wanted to do since the creation of the band, even thou their last album ROM 5:12 have some symphonic parts, they keep on trashing the church, blasfeming on "GOD" and stuff, and when you heard Marduk you Know its Marduk, thats why they Rule!!!!!!!!!!
31.03.2007 - 05:27
Throne of Rats
Written by AntaeusM on 29.03.2007 at 12:35

Written by [user id=16496] on 28.03.2007 at 23:18

Norsecore is a term made up by those "troo kvlt kiddies". They use to mock the band. I also think Marduk doesn't deserve to be mocked. I really like them. However, especially in Marduk's first years, they did have this over-the-top satanism. Naming your album "Fuck Me Jesus" isn't really uh..mature. And even the last few years, they had some things that was uh..not so mature. I still remember seeing Legion in that leather SM-outfit in the World Funeral promotional video. Just urgh.. so from that part, I understand they get mocked, but musically they are talented.

And I remember lyrics going "Fistfucking..Gods..Planet" and stuff like that, some lyrics of Marduk are well-written(La Grande Dance Macabre had some great lyrics on some songs) but also some lyrics are just hilariously bad. Mostly the lyrics on Nightwing and Panzer Division Marduk are just bad.

Yeh, some of there songs are overly satanic but that mainly comes from Morgan (guitarist) but now they also do have themes of war and so on, if you have heard his other project Abruptum then youll know what evil satanic music is. Its almost painfull to listen to its that evil. I know some people wont agree with me calling it music, but thats my opinion.
----
31.03.2007 - 10:00
X-pert74
Account deleted
For a few years I had heard of Marduk, but I didn't really listen to them (aside from hearing a couple songs on their Myspace) until I got Dark Endless a couple weeks ago. I think it's a pretty good album, although I don't think it's the greatest thing ever. I do intend to buy more Marduk albums, though.
29.04.2007 - 04:49
Throne of Rats
Just got their new, Rom:512 so far its very impressive.:banger:
----
29.04.2007 - 19:24
Sunioj
Im currently listening to Panzer Division Marduk...I havent fully felt it yet, but there are some real brutal tracks on the album, signature brutality as usual...with Baptizm of Fire, Fistfucking Gods Planet, 502, the wartime interludes are pretty cool though, it gives a eeri feeling.
29.04.2007 - 21:22
APOHAKC
The Bard
I like only Nightwing and La Grande Dance Macabre, but I am looking forward to see them alive in few mounths
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
29.04.2007 - 21:34
Sunioj
Im gonna check out Nightwing, I heard alot about that album. IMO PDM is good but for the amount of glory that people describe this album with seems exaggerrated.
29.04.2007 - 22:31
APOHAKC
The Bard
Written by Sunioj on 29.04.2007 at 21:34

Im gonna check out Nightwing, I heard alot about that album. IMO PDM is good but for the amount of glory that people describe this album with seems exaggerrated.

Yeah, it is good album... but not like some people are saying, beofre I heard PDM I thought it is best black metal album ever... Nightwing is real good, it is not so fast, some mid tempo, I think. With great, but I mean great, bass lines... I like it a lot
----
30.04.2007 - 04:04
Throne of Rats
Written by APOHAKC on 29.04.2007 at 22:31

Written by Sunioj on 29.04.2007 at 21:34

Yeah, it is good album... but not like some people are saying, beofre I heard PDM I thought it is best black metal album ever... Nightwing is real good, it is not so fast, some mid tempo, I think. With great, but I mean great, bass lines... I like it a lot

You should get their new one, it is also mid tempo with some killer riffs, although there are a couple of fast songs the majority are mid tempo, and there is some singing which is toataly new for Marduk, but it provides a good contrast of what they can do with their creativity. One of my top albums from them in a while.
----
30.04.2007 - 15:12
APOHAKC
The Bard
I have new album, but I have only downloaded version, I will wait to hear orginal CD and than I will be make my full opinion...
----
01.05.2007 - 05:30
Nazeef
Attack the most elaborated "WORLD FUNERAL" or the Most Wicked "NIGHTWING"
"Plague Angel" is more Totalitarian and grasping Black Metals.
"Fuck Me Jesus" is a little blackened but it's not that Brutal.
Marduk is the criterion to judge Black Metal, Their music is Black Metal
----
http://www.myspace.com/shallishine
01.05.2007 - 11:05
Throne of Rats
Written by Nazeef on 01.05.2007 at 05:30

Attack the most elaborated "WORLD FUNERAL" or the Most Wicked "NIGHTWING"
"Plague Angel" is more Totalitarian and grasping Black Metals.
"Fuck Me Jesus" is a little blackened but it's not that Brutal.
Marduk is the criterion to judge Black Metal, Their music is Black Metal

Really? Fuck Me Jesus has to be one of the most Blackened, Evil and somewhat Brutal release that have Marduk have ever created.
----