The Karelian Isthmus
Far From The Sun

Total votes: 91
28.02.2007 - 16:36
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
Written by [user id=19866] on 28.02.2007 at 10:05

this is wery hard to decide since i am big Amorphis fan

my vote goes to tales this album is a true classic but the other are masterpices to.

yeah for me too was too hard, but i voted for curent fav album i was listening Black winter day so i voted for LAkes
----
On pirun vaikea selvitä hengissä hautaan saakka
It is damn difficult to stay alive till the grave
Erno Paasilinna
:devil:
07.03.2007 - 17:07
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
I haven't listened to any of their album, but I am interested to listen to this band. Can anyone recommend me from which album of theirs I should start?
----
that which shines without names and forms...
09.03.2007 - 23:58
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
dude
well it's ur taste, but i recomend Tales From Thousend Lakes , Eclipse , Elegy enjoy
----
Erno Paasilinna
24.03.2007 - 03:47
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Paganblood on 07.03.2007 at 17:07

I haven't listened to any of their album, but I am interested to listen to this band. Can anyone recommend me from which album of theirs I should start?

Deffinitely Tuonela. It's were a new age of Amorphis began. Where the heavy metal age began.

Also Eclipse, but listen to it in teh last place. not because it's a bad album, because it's indeed a great album too, but because it's good to do a historic review of teh albums. Check first Tuonela, and continue in chronologic order. You'll notice a great evolution in the band

I don't recomend you the first ones because personally I'm not much into them. I prefer them from Tuonela till present.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
24.03.2007 - 05:01
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
@ +{Cat Eyes}+ : thanks for the recommendation. I'll search for those albums with priority.
----
24.03.2007 - 06:15
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Paganblood on 24.03.2007 at 05:01

@ +{Cat Eyes}+ : thanks for the recommendation. I'll search for those albums with priority.

Dude, I think you would prefer their first album, The Karelian Isthmus. The other albums are either boring or not death metal. Knowing your tastes, I think you might like that one better.
24.03.2007 - 06:23
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
Written by Dangerboner on 24.03.2007 at 06:15

Written by Paganblood on 24.03.2007 at 05:01

Dude, I think you would prefer their first album, The Karelian Isthmus. The other albums are either boring or not death metal. Knowing your tastes, I think you might like that one better.

Thanks a lot for the suggestion. I'd certainly prefer Death metal first, but I don't know much about the band, so I follow others in listening to this band.
Could you describe their death metal to me? I mean, if they are similar to any bands, and their music..
----
24.03.2007 - 06:25
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
PS. which of their albums are Death metal? only that one?
----
24.03.2007 - 06:26
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
@Paganblood - The Karelian Isthmas is a melodic death metal album, kinda similar to Amon Amarth. It's real melodic death metal, not the watered-down Gothenburg "melodeath" bullshit. The vocals are low and powerful, and the music is very structured. I'm not saying that their other albums are bad, but I'm almost positive that you would like that album the most.
24.03.2007 - 13:57
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
Written by Dangerboner on 24.03.2007 at 06:26

@Paganblood - The Karelian Isthmas is a melodic death metal album, kinda similar to Amon Amarth. It's real melodic death metal, not the watered-down Gothenburg "melodeath" bullshit. The vocals are low and powerful, and the music is very structured. I'm not saying that their other albums are bad, but I'm almost positive that you would like that album the most.

Thanks for the description; if so, I might like this album more than the others, I'll try downloading this one first then
----
01.07.2007 - 19:14
Darkside Momo
Retired
Elite
Written by Paganblood on 24.03.2007 at 13:57

Written by Dangerboner on 24.03.2007 at 06:26

Thanks for the description; if so, I might like this album more than the others, I'll try downloading this one first then

You should like Tales too, a bit more melodic, but still really death metal.

Personally, I voted for Elegy (the only vote for now), but Tales is a close second.
For me Elegy is the perfect blend of all amorphis influences.
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
01.07.2007 - 22:10
Abattoir
Staff
I didn't listen to Amorphis albums so much but I think the Tales From a Thousand Lakes is the best album I've heard...melodic death is fine for me
03.07.2007 - 17:00
Infurnace
It's Tales From A Thousand Lakes vs Eclipse, for me. From those to albums, I enjoy "Eclipse" the most, so my vote goes to "Eclipse", although TFATL is a classic too!
03.07.2007 - 18:29
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
Yes, their 'Tales...' is really great, I voted for that one.. their 'the karelian..' is also nice but the atmosphere is really dull-sounding.
----
03.07.2007 - 18:31
OneWithMisery
Tales From A Thousand Lakes is an absolute clasics.
----
Let me tell you something, pendejo. You pull any of your crazy shit with us, you flash a piece out on the lanes, I'll take it away from you, stick it up your ass and pull the fucking trigger 'till it goes CLICK!
03.07.2007 - 22:58
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
yeah it is classic and i think Silent Watters would eb awesome album too
----
Erno Paasilinna
03.07.2007 - 23:32
Infurnace
Written by EddieGunner on 03.07.2007 at 22:58

yeah it is classic and i think Silent Watters would eb awesome album too

I hope it will be awesome, because I'm really looking forward to the album. From what I've heard from the single, it will be really good, but we still have to wait a little longer.
04.07.2007 - 21:44
Stigmatized
Had to go with TFTTL. Compared to their other material, it's the only album that really stuck with me.
18.07.2007 - 16:29
Infurnace
I heard some other songs from the "Silent Waters" record. They are awesome, I won't say much more. Just wait until you hear them yourselfs!
03.08.2007 - 14:11
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
Written by Infurnace on 18.07.2007 at 16:29

I heard some other songs from the "Silent Waters" record. They are awesome, I won't say much more. Just wait until you hear them yourselfs!

bad boy, well i heard album too but no coment till ačlbums officialy out
----
Erno Paasilinna
04.08.2007 - 20:15
Reverie
I prefer the voice of the new singer.
----
In the corner beside my window...
There hangs a lonely photograph...

There is a wound that's always bleeding...
There is a road I'm always walking...
05.08.2007 - 14:14
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
yeah he have great voice, pasi did too but in last hes labum Far From The Sun he wasn't so good maybe that reason why they change singer
----
Erno Paasilinna
06.08.2007 - 01:47
APOHAKC
The Bard
Just heard new album (thanx to Hanna Of Steel!), and I really like it, maybe candidate for my all time favorite, although I didn't listen to other albums enough to be sure in such question, I didn't vote too
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
06.08.2007 - 15:18
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
so go and listen them, start with Tales and Eclipse and etc..... im sure u'll love them
----
Erno Paasilinna
07.08.2007 - 17:46
Infurnace
Their performance on Wacken was just great. Too bad they didn't play any songs of the new record.
09.08.2007 - 23:39
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
well i heard they played very good show at wacked, but some dude also said they sucked i don't trust him, hmmm i think i saw Silent Watters on setlist
----
Erno Paasilinna
17.10.2008 - 17:28
Yossarian
Eclipse without doubt. Amorphis is not one of my favourite bands and will be less favourite if they have not released such piece of fine metal art. "Elegy" and "Far from the Sun" are also smashing. I do not like Tuonela and despite public surveys I do not find "Tales of 1000 lakes" so "so".
17.10.2008 - 20:11
Branzig
Tales from the Thousand Lakes for me! I love that release. So much in fact, that it is the only Amorphis album I currently own lol.
----
In Grind We Crust
17.10.2008 - 21:54
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
No Silent Waters?... Its a great album.

I chose Elegy because it captures that groovy guitar and jam sound that Amorphis is so good at. On Rich and Poor is a classic for me and Relief is one of my favorite instrumentals...:D
----
Coldgrits
08.04.2009 - 21:26
Shadowcross
The Summoner
I chose Tales, then felt like i should have chosen Elegy, then Tuonela...
very hard to decide!

Any news on Amorphis' first live DVD release?

Anyone have this bootleg of Amorphis?
Live in Moscow, Russia 2002
http://www.bootlegs.ws/videos/amorphis02-12-14.html
Please quote back.