Metal Storm logo
Foo Fighters

Original post

Posted by Unknown user, 16.09.2007 - 13:37
To say the least, I was very amazed to see that Foo Fighters didn't have their own topic in this forum, considering how much they did for rock in the 90ies, and I thought now would be a good time to create a thread, considering their release of a new album.

Their hit song "The Pretender" really got to me(like most Foo Fighters) where Dave (again!) did a great job with the lyrics, and wrote a song I can really connect to.

So, what do people think of the death-metal loving Dave Grohl, and the rest of the Foo Fighters?
21.01.2011 - 01:06
Angelic Storm
Melodious
I think all of their albums (though I havent heard the last one they did yet) are patchy, though all contain some really great songs. Songs like "All My Life", "Everlong" and "Monkey Wrench" are just awesome. xD They could be a truly great band if they made more consistent albums.
15.02.2011 - 01:02
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Angelic Storm on 21.01.2011 at 01:06

I think all of their albums (though I havent heard the last one they did yet) are patchy, though all contain some really great songs. Songs like "All My Life", "Everlong" and "Monkey Wrench" are just awesome. xD They could be a truly great band if they made more consistent albums.

I would say those hits keep band alove, but if I shood overplay albums day by day I be bored and if I hear those singles each day I someway be bored, band dont works so good for me nowdays
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
15.02.2011 - 04:07
JCJen7
Check out their new song "White Limo". It has a pretty cool music video and features Lemmy (once again) driving the car with the band.
----
This is my sig, respect it. Please.

CHECK THESE OUT
17.02.2011 - 01:07
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by JCJen7 on 15.02.2011 at 04:07

Check out their new song "White Limo". It has a pretty cool music video and features Lemmy (once again) driving the car with the band.

post a link
----

apos;'
[image]
17.02.2011 - 01:12
Angelic Storm
Melodious

Terrible video, even though it has Lemmy in it. lol The song totally rocks though, hope the rest of the new album is of similar quality!
17.02.2011 - 02:09
JCJen7
Written by Bad English on 17.02.2011 at 01:07

post a link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebJ2brErERQ First time posting a link, hopefully it goes smoothly haha
----

CHECK THESE OUT
17.02.2011 - 02:10
JCJen7
Written by Angelic Storm on 17.02.2011 at 01:12

Terrible video, even though it has Lemmy in it. lol The song totally rocks though, hope the rest of the new album is of similar quality!

I can definately see how a lot of people will hate the video. I just think it's a great light hearted video, and really fits along with some of their other stuff.
----

CHECK THESE OUT
17.02.2011 - 12:16
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
This is lame, I never liked foo fighters. but old days they can play something, they thought get a Lemmy and things go on, ok video was fun, but song I never will listen agan, etlest they ddint forgot chick ehhh, boring song and look carifuly to Lemmy's boots .... Adolf would like it
----

apos;'
[image]
25.02.2011 - 03:51
WickedBuddhi
I've always had a lot of respect for Dave Grohl and Foo Fighters. I don't consider myself a fan but I've always been anxious to see what he releases. What he did with Probot was just icing on the cake. An awesome drummer as well.

As for the shit about Lemmy to the dude above. Watch his documentary, Lemmy is an avid World War 2 collector. His entire flat is nothing but wall to wall World War 2 relics and weapons.... And he is far from being a Nazi.
25.02.2011 - 21:52
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by WickedBuddhi on 25.02.2011 at 03:51

I've always had a lot of respect for Dave Grohl and Foo Fighters. I don't consider myself a fan but I've always been anxious to see what he releases. What he did with Probot was just icing on the cake. An awesome drummer as well.

As for the shit about Lemmy to the dude above. Watch his documentary, Lemmy is an avid World War 2 collector. His entire flat is nothing but wall to wall World War 2 relics and weapons.... And he is far from being a Nazi.

Totally agreed on Dave Grohl. He is a very talented guy!

Yep, Lemmy is like Jeff Hanneman of Slayer, who also collects WWII memorobilia, but is not a nazi either.
22.04.2011 - 18:18
Deadsoulman
Elite
Written by Angelic Storm on 21.01.2011 at 01:06

I agree about the patchiness of their albums. It's always seemed quite odd to me that they showed moments of total brilliance followed by a string of extremely forgettable stuff. After the first couple of listens, the new album seems much more consistent but also seems to lack a couple of truly great songs. So far I haven't found anything that competes with This Is A Call, I'll Stick Around or Monkey Wrench. But at least nothing sucks on this album, which is a good point.
22.04.2011 - 18:22
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
I just have a compilation of their best songs - to me they don't have the capacity to write a strong album from beginning to end, but over the course of their career they've pumped out a ton of good songs.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
22.04.2011 - 23:56
whatsacow
Written by Troy Killjoy on 22.04.2011 at 18:22

I just have a compilation of their best songs - to me they don't have the capacity to write a strong album from beginning to end, but over the course of their career they've pumped out a ton of good songs.

Chack out their new album. Every song in it is brilliant. It's their heaviest and most experimental album since the early days, although white limo sounds a complete rip off of Queens of the Stone Age's "You Think I Ain't Worth a Dollar But I Feel Like a Millionaire." In fact, this album has a very Josh Homme sprt of taste. Maybe thats Them working together all the fucking time
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
23.04.2011 - 00:01
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by whatsacow on 22.04.2011 at 23:56

Chack out their new album. Every song in it is brilliant. It's their heaviest and most experimental album since the early days, although white limo sounds a complete rip off of Queens of the Stone Age's "You Think I Ain't Worth a Dollar But I Feel Like a Millionaire." In fact, this album has a very Josh Homme sprt of taste. Maybe thats Them working together all the fucking time

To be honest I haven't given it a go yet, but I do have it written down in my list of albums to check out for 2011. I've heard good things too, but I still doubt it will live up to their debut and sophomore albums.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
23.04.2011 - 00:04
whatsacow
Written by Troy Killjoy on 23.04.2011 at 00:01

To be honest I haven't given it a go yet, but I do have it written down in my list of albums to check out for 2011. I've heard good things too, but I still doubt it will live up to their debut and sophomore albums.

I'm going to say it's very good. I'm not going to sell you over the top expectations. The earlier works had better songs, yes, but overall this is a better album. It flows, and theirs no fillers or just plain rubbish songs.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
23.04.2011 - 07:07
Andre
Dave grohl is the real deal.
Rock, pretty much doesn't get better than this imo. Love em all the way.
16.06.2011 - 23:51
Saeed_p
Take a look at this
17.06.2011 - 06:03
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
The new album is really good actually, listened to it a couple of times on grooveshark. There is also a live jam video of their full album on youtube, its awesome.
These guys are a really good band, they've had some crappy songs and albums, but they have released some great shite. I loved quite a few songs from the last album as well.
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here
02.12.2011 - 09:13
JCJen7

Written by Troy Killjoy on 22.04.2011 at 18:22

to me, white limo sounds more like weenie beenie from their s/t.
----

CHECK THESE OUT
10.12.2011 - 05:42
JÄY
Metal slave
Used to listen to these guys very heavily back in the day
07.11.2014 - 03:00
Andro Maximus
Account deleted
Foo Fighters could be the best band of all time (though they are average at best) and I would still ignore them. I'd feel seriously immoral, supporting a band that was active in the AIDS-denialist movement. Fuck, if I had organized a gig in support of Christine Maggiore's sick organization, I would spend the rest of my life trying to undo the harm. Not the Foo Fighters though, apparently they have no conscience. Fuck the Foo Fighters, they are disgusting people.
07.11.2014 - 12:53
Ilham
Giant robot

What? I didn't even know such a movement existed. What? What?
07.11.2014 - 13:42
angel.
Evil Butterfly
What sort of idiots they were !
----
The Fangirl.
07.11.2014 - 17:16
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish

There are movements for everything apparently.
15.06.2015 - 20:19
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
This is pure fuckin' metal

----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

16.06.2015 - 19:38
Warman
Erotic Stains
In no way a Foo Fighters fan, but swedish media followed that concert live and I wanted to be there just 'cuz of that broken leg and comeback.
----
16.06.2015 - 21:58
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Terrible terrible band but this was beyond awesome. Many a band can learn from this.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

08.09.2015 - 18:43
In Bone Factory
Monkey Wrench Rocks \m/
----
The End Is Nigh ...
17.03.2020 - 11:17
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
FOO FIGHTERS have postponed some of their previously announced "Van Tour" dates due to the coronavirus pandemic that is spreading across the globe.

more and what dates are affected here
----

apos;'
[image]
22.04.2020 - 03:22
Marthyria
I think Foo Fighters is great. Dave Grohl is a great musician. Many people try to make a comparison with Nirvana and I think they complete different bands. In spite, Dave Grohl acting on Nirvana while it was still active, they are complete different styles.