Metal Storm logo
Babymetal - Present New Single With Electric Callboy


Babymetal and Electric Callboy have joined forces and create a brand new single/video, "Ratatata". The later was mixed by Daniel Haniß and mastered by Christoph Wieczorek.




Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Babymetal
Posted: 23.05.2024 by Abattoir


Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 3   Visited by: 32 users
24.05.2024 - 02:59
SoUnDs LiKe PoP
My issue with Babymetal isn't the sound that they go for - it's the execution. When music is intended to be hyper-catchy, yet none of the melodies are memorable or interesting, what else is there to redeem this outside of the initial shock value?
----
I lift weights and listen to metal
Loading...
24.05.2024 - 15:48
Luneth
Written by SoUnDs LiKe PoP on 24.05.2024 at 02:59

My issue with Babymetal isn't the sound that they go for - it's the execution. When music is intended to be hyper-catchy, yet none of the melodies are memorable or interesting, what else is there to redeem this outside of the initial shock value?


I agree with the execution. Su-Metal is a great singer and would be suited to any sympho/power metal band if and when the label fire her cause of her age and looks (cause that's what happens to these "idols" in Japan) and she maybe want to continue down the metal route. I always said they should just get rid of the other two and keep her as the sole singer. The presentation of them pracing around as a girl band is massively cringe and picturing a Babymetal gig where they're doing that in front beardy, sweaty metalhead men just makes me cringe even more. I love a handful of their songs, but I'd never see them live unless they're at a festival I happen to also be at and wven them I'd be right at the back. Their "gimmick" as it were could be forgivable as loads of bands nowadays reply on them get forward, but just fire the younger two girls and just let Su-Metal sing and wander around the stage without the need to dance around like a young pop group that was formed on a crap TV talent show and the band would probably be taken seriously that little bit more.
Loading...
25.05.2024 - 23:24
SoUnDs LiKe PoP
Written by Luneth on 24.05.2024 at 15:48

Written by SoUnDs LiKe PoP on 24.05.2024 at 02:59

My issue with Babymetal isn't the sound that they go for - it's the execution. When music is intended to be hyper-catchy, yet none of the melodies are memorable or interesting, what else is there to redeem this outside of the initial shock value?


I agree with the execution. Su-Metal is a great singer and would be suited to any sympho/power metal band if and when the label fire her cause of her age and looks (cause that's what happens to these "idols" in Japan) and she maybe want to continue down the metal route. I always said they should just get rid of the other two and keep her as the sole singer. The presentation of them pracing around as a girl band is massively cringe and picturing a Babymetal gig where they're doing that in front beardy, sweaty metalhead men just makes me cringe even more. I love a handful of their songs, but I'd never see them live unless they're at a festival I happen to also be at and wven them I'd be right at the back. Their "gimmick" as it were could be forgivable as loads of bands nowadays reply on them get forward, but just fire the younger two girls and just let Su-Metal sing and wander around the stage without the need to dance around like a young pop group that was formed on a crap TV talent show and the band would probably be taken seriously that little bit more.



I don't even entirely hate the dancing around or the pop factor (and this is coming from someone who despises K-pop, J-pop, and similar genres), I just genuinely only find about 5% of their songs to be memorable. The other 95% could be the same song, the melodies are just so simple and generic. Totally agree on the fanbase, though - definitely lots of uhh questionable characters we'll say.
----
I lift weights and listen to metal
Loading...

Hits total: 1084 | This month: 59