Metal Storm logo
Falconer

Original post

Posted by Bas, 15.06.2006 - 13:12
So what do you all think of this band?
i really like how this type of vocals are being used in a powermetal, i also really enjoy how the guitars are used here,
i especially like the album Chapters From A Vale Forlorn

please share your opinions with me
18.09.2009 - 00:06
Angel Of Mercy
Totally agreed, the singer has one of the cleanest clean voices I have ever heard. It's just majestic to listen too.
----
Your time will come.
22.09.2009 - 12:03
grossaffe
Mathias Blad's vocals are excellent. Extremely clean, and puts just the right touch and inflection on everything. His vocals are what initially drew me to Falconer. The only other vocalist I know of that I can compare him to is Roy Khan of Kamelot.
20.11.2009 - 02:23
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Also, MAthias has the "folk" element tht makes falconer Unique.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
02.12.2009 - 20:11
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Have listened to their last album...quite good, but nothing i would feel very deep impressed about...
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

04.12.2009 - 17:26
Angel Of Mercy
Is that Northwind? I found it was awesome
----
Your time will come.
05.12.2009 - 13:55
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
No, i mean "Among Beggars And Thieves"
----

06.12.2009 - 21:09
Angel Of Mercy
Oh ok my bad.
----
Your time will come.
07.12.2009 - 17:23
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Written by Ellrohir on 05.12.2009 at 13:55

No, i mean "Among Beggars And Thieves"

Do you like Northwind? because if you do then theres no reason for you to not like the latest one. I actually think their latest album is their strongest....most melodic, most twisting and turning passages to date making it an extremely enjoyable listen. I guess its all down to taste, but maybe you should give it another try (if you are a fan of them in general) if you dont like any Falconer then maybe its just not for you...
07.12.2009 - 19:26
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I dont know Northwind...
----

08.12.2009 - 19:11
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
So...i have listened to "Among Beggars And Thieves" once more today...well - first and last songs are good, if not even great...but the rest somehow blended together in my ears...
----

10.12.2009 - 20:31
Holy Man
STEEL DEFENDER
So I'm listening to Enter the Glade right now, and it's just a badass, epic, bouncy song you can't help but bang your head to! Fuckin rad!!
----
LIGHT THE FUSE ON THAT VAGINAMITE!!!
18.12.2009 - 04:45
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Among Beggars and Thieves really reminds me of the first album, with fast catchy foly songs, and with nice mellow ballads as well. Northwind was pretty cool, but I really like teh new one more.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
21.01.2010 - 15:59
Sulac
I've been listening to these guys a bit lately, as I am getting more into the power metal scene (thanks to Iced Earth and Demons & Wizards), and I intend to order a CD. Should I order the eponymous Falconer, or this most recent album?
21.01.2010 - 21:40
Bas
Retired Staff
Elite
Written by Sulac on 21.01.2010 at 15:59

I've been listening to these guys a bit lately, as I am getting more into the power metal scene (thanks to Iced Earth and Demons & Wizards), and I intend to order a CD. Should I order the eponymous Falconer, or this most recent album?

Their debut (self-titled) is my favourite, but their second album (chapters from a vale forlorn) and their newest are both very good as well
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
21.01.2010 - 23:17
Sulac
Okay. I decided upon Falconer. Thankee-sai!
22.01.2010 - 00:23
Bas
Retired Staff
Elite
Good choice, let us know how you like it
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
29.01.2010 - 04:45
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Personally im not a big fan of the first 2 albums....seemed more generic and somehow "flat".
01.02.2010 - 17:38
Sulac
Falconer, the album, is pretty good. A Quest For The Crown's my favorite track off it.
24.03.2010 - 03:17
Hammer Pie
I love Mathias Blad, but Falconer peaked with their first two albums. Northwind was good in parts, but the newer one (except A Beggar Hero) is incredibly bland.
25.03.2010 - 16:09
Aeonian_Lich
Carnival Of Disgust is an awesome song, from the last album. but other than that, I agree.
25.03.2010 - 17:38
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Written by Hammer Pie on 24.03.2010 at 03:17

I love Mathias Blad, but Falconer peaked with their first two albums. Northwind was good in parts, but the newer one (except A Beggar Hero) is incredibly bland.

I really find that hard to understand. Since Blad's return on the last 2 albums they have blossomed into something incredible. I find it hard to believe how the generic first couple of albums are considered better than the 2 most recent albums. How can the proggy influences be considered bland yet the mundane/straightforward albums of earlier be in such high regard? "Chapters" is a good album, it has some killer songs but in general I feel its very slow and tedious compared to the amazing riffing and solos featured on their later albums.

I own all their albums and listened the debut album recently again and its just severely tedious, the songwriting is horribly predictable and the music in general dont feature any twists/turns like Northwing or Among Beggars and Thieves.

I realise its a matter of taste but I honestly dont understand why people prefer those mediocre albums above the latter.
25.03.2010 - 22:35
Lord_Regnier
I heard only the last album but it was incredibly bland and boring, indeed.
And I utterly dislike vocals. They're boring to death.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
29.03.2010 - 03:57
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Written by Lord_Regnier on 25.03.2010 at 22:35

You know what...you are like a genie, always popping up whenever the word "falconer" is uttered, especially by me. Of course you dislike it, youve said it countless times that you listen almost exclusively to black metal. So again, why the hell are you even commenting on this? Its pointless.....its like me harping on about how shit all doom metal is because I hardly listen to it - absolutely pointless.

So what if you dislike "flowermetal"? We get it...you like 99% of the older albums MOST bands bring out. You prefer Weinerhal's efforts with Mithotyn as opposed to Falconer, we get it. Now get over it, seriously. Your perpetual comments about bands in genres you DONT LIKE are becoming bland and boring.

The fact that you have nothing good to say about an entire genre, let alone a specific band within that genre, renders the value of your opinion null and void, because we all know what your opinion is before you even said anything. You might as well copy/paste what you said into every "flowermetal" thread on this site.
31.03.2010 - 03:03
Wyrd
Written by [user id=1909] on 29.03.2010 at 03:57

Written by Lord_Regnier on 25.03.2010 at 22:35

You know what...you are like a genie, always popping up whenever the word "falconer" is uttered, especially by me. Of course you dislike it, youve said it countless times that you listen almost exclusively to black metal. So again, why the hell are you even commenting on this? Its pointless.....its like me harping on about how shit all doom metal is because I hardly listen to it - absolutely pointless.

So what if you dislike "flowermetal"? We get it...you like 99% of the older albums MOST bands bring out. You prefer Weinerhal's efforts with Mithotyn as opposed to Falconer, we get it. Now get over it, seriously. Your perpetual comments about bands in genres you DONT LIKE are becoming bland and boring.

The fact that you have nothing good to say about an entire genre, let alone a specific band within that genre, renders the value of your opinion null and void, because we all know what your opinion is before you even said anything. You might as well copy/paste what you said into every "flowermetal" thread on this site.

Oh my God! you just spoke out against the Great Lord_Reiner! His ego is surely bleeding now. And if he bleeds we can Kill Him! MY GOD THERE IS HOPE!

You my friend shall go down in metal storm history as the defender of this amazing band (IMO) and so many others.
----
"The bands called Demon Hunter! They hunt demons!"
31.03.2010 - 03:10
Wyrd
Written by [user id=1909] on 29.01.2010 at 04:45

Personally im not a big fan of the first 2 albums....seemed more generic and somehow "flat".

Really you did not like there self titled release? Personally I thought it was there most impactfull and there most solid. Northwind was also IMO one of those vary Special albums you don't came across to often where as soon as you listen to it your automatically blown away by pure talent.
----
"The bands called Demon Hunter! They hunt demons!"
31.03.2010 - 14:00
Lord_Regnier
You guys can put your silly comments up your ass, for all I care. I don't give a fuck at other people's opinions anyway.
You idiots don't even realize that I like to play with the childish over-sensitivity typical of Euroflowermetal fans from time to time.
The worst aspect of Powermetal is its fanbase.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
31.03.2010 - 17:45
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Written by Lord_Regnier on 31.03.2010 at 14:00

You guys can put your silly comments up your ass, for all I care. I don't give a fuck at other people's opinions anyway.
You idiots don't even realize that I like to play with the childish over-sensitivity typical of Euroflowermetal fans from time to time.
The worst aspect of Powermetal is its fanbase.

Seriously dude...suck on it. My reaction is purely based on how annoying you are, saying the same shit over and over - like a little dog biting at the heels. At least in the future mix up your attack, we always hear the same droning from you. I know you apparently dont give a fuck about what anyone else says, but if you did youd realise I too dont approve of generic powermetal and theres many shitty bands in the genre. So your "playing" is completely wasted on me.

Id have this reaction with you regardless of the type of thread youre in, regardless of the type of metal you are dissing - because the extent to which you go saying the same things over and over are bordering on obsessive and it annoys me because you are boring me. You will find you are one of the very few people on this forum I have this attitude with, and its with good reason.

At least do something interesting...perhaps you wanna watch Lord of the Rings again, I see you like that.
31.03.2010 - 17:47
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Written by Wyrd on 31.03.2010 at 03:10

Written by [user id=1909] on 29.01.2010 at 04:45

Really you did not like there self titled release? Personally I thought it was there most impactfull and there most solid. Northwind was also IMO one of those vary Special albums you don't came across to often where as soon as you listen to it your automatically blown away by pure talent.

To be honest with you, after I posted the comment I had an extensive listen of the album and for some reason it clicked with me better lol I think in my mind I had the first and third albums swapped around haha But yea the first one is solid indeed.
08.04.2010 - 18:19
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
I finally got around to buying the selftitled album. Now the only thing I need is time to listen to it
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
19.03.2015 - 17:36
achiafo
Well guys. New to the forums. Going to (hopefully) resurrect this thread from the dead. Falconer's 2014 album "Black Moon Rising" is really, really good. If you haven't listened to it, I suggest you do so.

Now, for the reason of this post. I doubt there will be much use out of this, but I want to try anyway. Has anyone heard of any bands that are similar to Falconer? Similar by means of power metal with folkish, smooth vocals and medieval themes? I know Falconer is a very unique band, and I know there isn't a large demand for power metal these days, but I'm just really surprised that I have been unable to find anything remotely close to these guys. Any recommendations? Thanks.