Metal Storm logo
Comment On The Latest Band Additions

Original post

Posted by Bad English, 11.02.2007 - 16:19
Since today has eddet new band in MS and there are no where coment it like newset news, I open this tread

But remeber dont coment Keep of Kalasium and older bands only LAITHEST!

Judas Iscariot

Well its nice that this band are in MS, one of moust underground BM bands in USA and seems ewery body knows then, etleist some songs
Ist good taht thay joun here because thay has no links only MA link, so its firts home for JI

I like song ''The Wind Stand Silance''
13.06.2007 - 00:46
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ernis on 13.06.2007 at 00:37

No problem...I already discovered it's impossible here to use not-Latin characters.....it only shows some horseshite instead....whatever decoding method you would use....

But why it is maybe Ivan can fix somehow it or dunno I dunno such thinks about techique
But also here you acn not use other latin language caraters like some czeh, latvian, croatian caracters too its be damiged
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
13.06.2007 - 01:05
Baz Anderson
Staff
if the characters of the language being used aren't supported by the site, then either don't submit them at all - or maybe just English translations, or translations closest to the language that the site does support

but there isn't anything we can do if the site doesn't support them - just dont submit them
13.06.2007 - 01:07
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Bad English on 13.06.2007 at 00:46

Written by Ernis on 13.06.2007 at 00:37

No problem...I already discovered it's impossible here to use not-Latin characters.....it only shows some horseshite instead....whatever decoding method you would use....

But why it is maybe Ivan can fix somehow it or dunno I dunno such thinks about techique
But also here you acn not use other latin language caraters like some czeh, latvian, croatian caracters too its be damiged

Let's keep the thread ontopic now please....you can use all these characters if you activate a specific keyboard on your computer.....thanks to this I may use all different characters such as áíéóúçÇñÑäöü etc.....no problem with that....you should just investigate your computers Regional Options a bit....
13.06.2007 - 01:09
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Baz Anderson on 13.06.2007 at 01:05

if the characters of the language being used aren't supported by the site, then either don't submit them at all - or maybe just English translations, or translations closest to the language that the site does support

but there isn't anything we can do if the site doesn't support them - just dont submit them

But its psoible replace such characters liek ? , č , ? whit s , c, z those who understand for example Latvian will understand lyrics
----

13.06.2007 - 03:44
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
The Disciples Of Zoldon! ahaha thats awesome! Im not exactly sure how big the fan list is gonna be but its still pretty cool they...or I should say HE got added.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
13.06.2007 - 15:44
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Striborg awsoem BM band from Australia, I like it and one of best underground bands in the Ausie
----

13.06.2007 - 17:04
4look4rd
The Sasquatch
WTF? What the hell are the mods smoking to add korn to metal storm? I think it was a bad mistake to add nu metal bands here, since most of us here hate nu metal... I still havent got the point in this addition, specially when much more tallented bands get regected (like MegaDriver for example) and a shitty nu metal band as Korn gets accepted, its just disapointing....
----
14.06.2007 - 20:05
Bitch Boy
Written by 4look4rd on 13.06.2007 at 17:04

WTF? What the hell are the mods smoking to add korn to metal storm? I think it was a bad mistake to add nu metal bands here, since most of us here hate nu metal... I still havent got the point in this addition, specially when much more tallented bands get regected (like MegaDriver for example) and a shitty nu metal band as Korn gets accepted, its just disapointing....

Well, Deftones and Static X were added a long time ago and are also nu metal. Korn has much more fans (at least here in MS), and maybe the profile was opened because of that. The FAQ says that hard-rock bands are added because they have lots of fans among metalheads (for example Rush, AC/DC, Kiss, Mötley Crüe, Twisted Sister or even Deep Purple), and all of those bands don't have as much fans as Korn here in MS.

But as I'm not a staff member, let's just wait for the answer of one of them.

Anyway, I think that opening Korn's profile was a fair decision, it's good to see that the staff doesn't share that trendy point of view of discriminating/bashing nu metal.
14.06.2007 - 23:14
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
What is megadriver well I woud say Runemagiv shood be addet too
Runemagick

But about Ac/Dc and Deep Purple I love those bands all from Ac/Dc of course Bon era I like lil more how Brian, but about Deep Puprple first 5 albums are vouderfull, realy vounderfull and beautifull but Kiss and Motley Crue im growing older and less I like them , but when I was young i love them too but Korn ignore it its all what i acn sugest you
It dont means if in MA are soem a lot of metalcore bands I chek them no I look to those what i like so if you dont like korn why you waste your time and energy look to prof?
----

14.06.2007 - 23:22
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff

Well as much as many of us hate it, Nu metal is a real genre and it does hold importance in the evolution of metal (for good or bad) so it does have a place here. Where as MegaDriver may be more talented they dont hold as much importance in the grand scheme of things. Thats the way I see it, Korn was influencial to alot whereas MegaDriver have only been around since like 2003 and havnt exactly hit big success, relativley speaking.
----
- George Carlin
15.06.2007 - 15:34
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Doc G. on 14.06.2007 at 23:22

Well as much as many of us hate it, Nu metal is a real genre and it does hold importance in the evolution of metal (for good or bad) so it does have a place here. Where as MegaDriver may be more talented they dont hold as much importance in the grand scheme of things. Thats the way I see it, Korn was influencial to alot whereas MegaDriver have only been around since like 2003 and havnt exactly hit big success, relativley speaking.

And that is the exact reason Korn were added. I am one fo the people that absolutely despises Korn musically and also what they stand for but there's no denying they're metal and original and influenced loads of bands.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

15.06.2007 - 15:46
Baz Anderson
Staff
and Sarpanitum have just been added..
highly recommended to all that like death metal in the line of Behemoth and Nile..
really great stuff!!
15.06.2007 - 15:50
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Baz Anderson on 15.06.2007 at 15:46

highly recommended to all that like death metal in the line of Behemoth and Nile..
really great stuff!!

How about them
Runemagick

I trOOly recomend them for old school death metal and death/doom fans lil like Paradise Lost
----

15.06.2007 - 15:55
Baz Anderson
Staff
Written by Bad English on 15.06.2007 at 15:50

How about them
Runemagick

I trOOly recomend them for old school death metal and death/doom fans lil like Paradise Lost

megadriver? well the Mega Drive was a games console.. haha

they have an inactive profile here so you can start filling it in if you want..
15.06.2007 - 16:00
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Baz Anderson on 15.06.2007 at 15:55

How about them
Runemagick

megadriver? well the Mega Drive was a games console.. haha

they have an inactive profile here so you can start filling it in if you want..

Ok i will man
----

16.06.2007 - 02:04
Uller
Be'lakor very good band, but i cant get the full album, also svartby fucking awesome band and i cant get anything of them!!
----
16.06.2007 - 02:20
Uller
sorry, svartby is not in ms!! but they are great!
----
16.06.2007 - 04:29
4look4rd
The Sasquatch
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 15.06.2007 at 15:34

And that is the exact reason Korn were added. I am one fo the people that absolutely despises Korn musically and also what they stand for but there's no denying they're metal and original and influenced loads of bands.

Im sorry but I think thats a terrible reason to add a band. So if a few hundread people say that Disturbed are one of their fav bands and some one request to add them, will the mods acctually gonna do it?
This kind of band add just reveals that Metal Storm is so desperat to get bigger (perhaps to compite with MA in number of bands), and is kinda letting quality aside...

Also, sure they influenced many bands.... NU metal bands, something that most of us hate, because it basically goes against everything that all metalheads stand for.
----
19.06.2007 - 18:04
4look4rd
The Sasquatch

Written by Baz Anderson on 15.06.2007 at 15:46

really great stuff!!

How about them
Runemagick

This is Megadriver!
http://www.megadriver.com.br/nobackup/ActionMetal/03%20-%20Stage%201%20-%20Hedgehog%20Metal%20(Sonic).mp3

All the songs are avalible (free) on their official website
www.megadriver.com.br
----
27.06.2007 - 04:02
Frost/bitten
Account deleted

True that they play metal... But they are not a metal band... They start for some pretty messed up bliefs and IMO, they suck musically, lyrically, vocally, not much tallent either. In case anyone wants to argue the point i do own some Korn cd's from when i was 10. So i know what im talking about. Korn suck.
27.06.2007 - 19:49
Warman
Erotic Stains
Hehe, I had a good laugh at Korn. I don't mind them being added, the more the merrier, but they are so damn bad!
----
27.06.2007 - 22:22
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by [user id=5315] on 27.06.2007 at 04:02

True that they play metal... But they are not a metal band... They start for some pretty messed up bliefs and IMO, they suck musically, lyrically, vocally, not much tallent either. In case anyone wants to argue the point i do own some Korn cd's from when i was 10. So i know what im talking about. Korn suck.

Lyrical content, beliefs, and skill aside, you have to see the point me & Marcel are getting at, they had a big influence on metal and made a huge impact (for good or bad no matter how you look at it) and that has to be realised, that is why they were added.
----
- George Carlin
28.06.2007 - 15:45
Frost/bitten
Account deleted
Written by Doc G. on 27.06.2007 at 22:22

Lyrical content, beliefs, and skill aside, you have to see the point me & Marcel are getting at, they had a big influence on metal and made a huge impact (for good or bad no matter how you look at it) and that has to be realised, that is why they were added.

Im not going to argue the point its just a personal opinion of Korn... their influence was mainly on nu metal, which again i don't wont to sound like another just anti nu-metal metal fan, but im not a fan of the genre... They are simply one of those bands that gave metal a bad name in the first place... With their lyrics, with their attitude/beliefs, and skill or lack their of... Influential yes, but they also did alot of damage to metal worldwide in the 90s and early 2000s.
05.07.2007 - 17:30
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by [user id=5315] on 28.06.2007 at 15:45

Written by Doc G. on 27.06.2007 at 22:22

Im not going to argue the point its just a personal opinion of Korn... their influence was mainly on nu metal, which again i don't wont to sound like another just anti nu-metal metal fan, but im not a fan of the genre... They are simply one of those bands that gave metal a bad name in the first place... With their lyrics, with their attitude/beliefs, and skill or lack their of... Influential yes, but they also did alot of damage to metal worldwide in the 90s and early 2000s.

not necessarirly damage. You see, their lyrical content, and attitude/belieffs changed teh image of metal around the world. Many people thought (or still think) that metal is only about fantasy, harley davidson bikes, or satan. With the arrival of KoRn, people realised that Metal can actually be a way for expressing personal thoughts and issues, beliefs and so on. That's the big influence KoRn hadand that's what makes KoRn Important. After KoRn came a lot of bands that followed more or less in teh same scheme: Taproot, Chevelle (Which musically is more influenced by Tool), Deftones, Demon Hunter, Mudvayne, Godsmack, and so on.

I'm not a fan of KoRn, but I do recognize they're an important band to the metal scene, and they did not so much damage as you say, 'cause not Nu metal bands released stuff and had tours and blah blah inthose ages. The damage they caused is that they made metal comercial and whinny. But as far as it goes, each subgenre is characterised for something, at least in their most stereotyped ways:: Power for fantasy, Black for Satan, Gothic and suomi for sadness and love, and so on. Nu is characterised for melancholy, depression and personal issues. It's just about that, and I think they do deserve to be here.

PS: Deathstars and Godsmack would be great aditions to MS.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
06.07.2007 - 15:28
Baz Anderson
Staff
I added Sepia Dreamer yesterday along with a review for their album. their album is really quite original and worth looking into for fans of progressive or epic music

and last night I added Blitzkrieg - old English heavy metal band
09.07.2007 - 22:46
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Baz Anderson on 06.07.2007 at 15:28

I added Sepia Dreamer yesterday along with a review for their album. their album is really quite original and worth looking into for fans of progressive or epic music

and last night I added Blitzkrieg - old English heavy metal band

I know that band even one album and its great band hehe awsome band man I like ''A Time of Changes'' but dunno other albums

Darkwater - dunno

Ethereal Blue - duno but sounds great
@Iaberis you know them

Crimsonfire - know name but non sounds

Mystic Prophecy - I know some songs and thay are awsoem sounds great, good job Baz
----

09.07.2007 - 22:51
Baz Anderson
Staff
haha thanks.. it was Iaberis that put their names forward to be added properly.. so I just made sure everything was complete, etc.
12.07.2007 - 13:37
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Im glad MS added Darkwater since that way I could know them. I think they are very promissing and will be a force in progressive genre in the future at least judging by their first effort. "calling the earth to witness" is a very mature production. They do sound great. One of the best new bands Ive listen to recently.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
19.07.2007 - 22:13
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Aeon - Heheh when I saw name I thought ist one of legendariest Croatian speed/thrash bands whit 2 demos only but ist Swe DM what I enevr had hera them but I will try
----

22.07.2007 - 10:27
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Baz Anderson on 09.07.2007 at 22:51

haha thanks.. it was Iaberis that put their names forward to be added properly.. so I just made sure everything was complete, etc.

How about this band there are almoust all info, only cgeck and accept

Beltaine
----