Metal Storm logo
Do you work out, and why?

Original post

Posted by Valentin B, 01.07.2007 - 16:59
well, i was just curious, with all the metal imagery consisting of so many "musclebands"(manowar, venom, hammerfall etc) who try to look so tough and "heavy", and having muscly band members is a must.

i do, for health and looking good.

Poll

Why do you work out, if you do?

both of the above
don't work out
for health
to look good

Total votes: 228
10.07.2007 - 08:32
Valentin B
Iconoclast
@BitterCOld thanks i was a little worried for a second there
11.07.2007 - 00:37
Cassandra
Account deleted
working out isnt my favorite thing to do, but eh, gotta look good dont i? and its not all for health, because if i was so into health i would quit smoking and drinking too wouldnt i? heh
11.07.2007 - 01:09
Trifixion
Account deleted
I do, I don't do a whole lot but I try to every day. For health and for looks, but really more health, because I hate feeling lazy and lethargic. But it's summer so that won't be happening anytime soon
11.07.2007 - 01:29
Bash'
:)
I do it like a month every year, if more I'll feel bored, and won't continue, I know myself, so better to only register for a month than to loose my money ..

I play it for both health & body shap .. equals ..
----
I saw her standing by the crimson sea...
Isolated by the silent thoughts...
Her gazing was intense but so dead...

The teardrops corroded the soil.. She couldn't say a word to me...
12.07.2007 - 05:10
Oracle
Orcinus
I dont work out but i somehow manage to stay skinny. i have know idea how i am starting to put on a little bit of weight so i probably should get into the habit of working out.
12.07.2007 - 05:39
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
I work out because I have artrosis in the right side of my peLvis and I need to work mi pelvis out, in order the artrosis not to grow worse. Also because I like to have a good physical condition. And besides I look better, clothes suit me better, and I feel better, physically and mentally.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
12.07.2007 - 13:32
Ernis
狼獾
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 12.07.2007 at 05:39

I work out because I have artrosis in the right side of my penvis and I need to work mi pelvis out, in order the artrosis not to grow worse. Also because I like to have a good physical condition. And besides I look better, clothes suit me better, and I feel better, physically and mentally.

Penvis, pelvis or penis? You're confusing and scare us......
12.07.2007 - 19:17
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Ernis on 12.07.2007 at 13:32

I work out because I have artrosis in the right side of my pelvis and I need to work mi pelvis out, in order the artrosis not to grow worse. Also because I like to have a good physical condition. And besides I look better, clothes suit me better, and I feel better, physically and mentally.

ROFLMAO! Damn dude, I almost fall of my chair when I saw this. Anyway it's PELVIS.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

12.07.2007 - 20:20
Ernis
狼獾
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 12.07.2007 at 19:17

Written by Ernis on 12.07.2007 at 13:32

I work out because I have artrosis in the right side of my pelvis and I need to work mi pelvis out, in order the artrosis not to grow worse. Also because I like to have a good physical condition. And besides I look better, clothes suit me better, and I feel better, physically and mentally.

ROFLMAO! Damn dude, I almost fall of my chair when I saw this. Anyway it's PELVIS.

I don't exactly wish to wonder what the workout for penis would look like...... Ж)
14.07.2007 - 06:32
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Ernis on 12.07.2007 at 20:20

I don't exactly wish to wonder what the workout for penis would look like...... Ж)

Actually there are some exercises, like pushups, with no hands.
----

14.07.2007 - 17:12
Ernis
狼獾
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 14.07.2007 at 06:32

Written by Ernis on 12.07.2007 at 20:20

Actually there are some exercises, like pushups, with no hands.

Oh, I see....I think I'd need a girl under me....then it would be less unpleasant.....
14.07.2007 - 19:30
Nyarlatothep
I work out and train to be adible to realible act in a possible self defense situation.

And becouse its GREAT fun:-)
----
"To defend one's life and the safety of one's fatherland is the prize and excellence of this discipline"
19.07.2007 - 13:28
Almighty Ent
Dragon Reborn
I work out to look good and for health. I started around 1990 and still train to this day. I dont try to get huge anymore. I go for functional strength nowadays.
19.07.2007 - 14:41
Suicide Bug
Account deleted
Written by Nyarlatothep on 14.07.2007 at 19:30

I work out and train to be adible to realible act in a possible self defense situation.

I still think this is a deluded and dangerous line of thought (see my previous posts). It's great that you're havin fun tho...
23.07.2007 - 02:16
Erosive Offals
Account deleted
Written by [user id=1738] on 05.07.2007 at 14:10

Written by [user id=641] on 05.07.2007 at 11:16

I work out cause these muscles might get me out of a life and death situation one day.

Not only is that false, its also a very dangerous line of thought. Lifting weights DOESNT teach you how to defend yourself, especially in a life threatening situation (in fact, pretty much nothing will). Actually, feeling all strong and badass can easily lure you into a false sense of security which is likely to get you in trouble. It doesnt matter how many hours/years/eons you spent pumping iron in the gym or practicing your ultimate badass ninja martial art in a safe, controlled environment, you are still gonna be scared shitless the day a malevolent, determined attacker is gonna pull out a knife at you.

By all means lift weights, practice your martial arts, but remember: the best self-defense is common sense.

By "life and death situation" I didn't necessarily mean coming into contact with another person. Perhaps things went awry on a backpacking trip or I get stuck in a car that's sinking into the bottom of a river.

And as for fighting, well, I learned how to do that by getting the shit kicked out of me dozens of times first, I'm pretty good at it now because of that, fuck a martial art. Just be a deathmetal head and go to a school that consists of mostly ghetto dwelling drug addicts/criminals (gotta love tradeschool), I got fucked with, threatened, and abused all the time.

And if somebody ever attacks me with a knife, then it'll just turn into a bloody knife fight cause I carry around a knife too, so if i get stabbed to death then I guess it's my fault. No victims, just a victor and defeated.

If somebody attacks me with a gun I'm screwed though!
23.07.2007 - 02:26
Suicide Bug
Account deleted
I absolutely agree that the best way to learn to fight is getting the shit kicked out of you time and time again in the first place... Still, that wont make you safe, in fact it might very well do the contrary.
I still think its kinda paranoid to regularily work out cause youre afraid of a fridge falling on your chest or your car to sink to the bottom of a lake or whatever though haha
I don't know, perhaps Im biased cause I live in a very safe town, nothig ever happens here (and to be honest, I like it that way)...
23.07.2007 - 02:30
Erosive Offals
Account deleted
LOL well of course, that's not my only reason! I'm not bear grills for christ's sake, workin' out gives you energy for the rest of the day, speeds up your metabolism, and makes you feel better when drugs won't do the trick!
05.08.2007 - 16:59
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by [user id=641] on 23.07.2007 at 02:30

LOL well of course, that's not my only reason! I'm not bear grills for christ's sake, workin' out gives you energy for the rest of the day, speeds up your metabolism, and makes you feel better when drugs won't do the trick!

Indeed. I usually work out every day. But i had to stop two weeks because I got sick. Once your body is accustomed to the exercise, it pretty much asks for it. It also relaxing, or at least for me, after a hard day, it's good to go home and work out, it makes you forget about teh uglyness of the day.
----

20.08.2007 - 18:52
Nyarlatothep
Written by [user id=1738] on 19.07.2007 at 14:41

Written by Nyarlatothep on 14.07.2007 at 19:30

I still think this is a deluded and dangerous line of thought (see my previous posts). It's great that you're havin fun tho...

I dont, The violent crimes and aggravated assults are rising across the globe. The statistics for something happening to you is low, but the chance is there.

I call it awareness and self preservation and I see it as needed.

And actiong realible doesnt automaticly mean to punch\stab\maim the other guy. The physical/Violent interaction is the last line when everything else fails. Beeing aware of your surroundings and behavior prediction, And one of the most important factors is beeing adible to talk your way out of it.
----
"To defend one's life and the safety of one's fatherland is the prize and excellence of this discipline"
25.08.2007 - 22:49
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
During the whole summer holiday I only worked out once and that was yesterday [with 10 pound dumb bells]. Man I really wanna get into working out, all the alcohol i consume gonna make me fat! I had inspiration to work out yesterday though, a couple ov my sister's friends came by, one ov them was smoking hottt, we are friends with each other too and chat on myspace many times over the summer......I haven't seen her for the whole summer though, she's been to Austria and Portugal vacationing most ov the time [She is Portuguese] . So anyway for not seeing her in a while, I was dead nervous! So I worked out a little to make me feel more powerful / confident. Working out does have that effect over the body and mind .

lol yeah a tad loser-ish haha! She took pic ov me working out haha........I really should get more deeper into it though. It would benefit my image much too.
26.08.2007 - 16:03
mind_sabotage
Account deleted
I like always grew up being one of the "fat kids" so I decided that I had had enough so I started going to the gym. So I guess it is for body image more than general health reasons, which is shallow but hey you get that.
27.08.2007 - 04:06
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
The contract with my gym ended a week ago unfortunately...I had a contract for a month...I was a bit chubby...I have a lean muscular frame and after working out for two hours a day for seven days a week I got my cut body back...I don't know how long that is going to last because I don't have the gym anymore...but I truly believe that everyone should work out...it builds confidence, you're healthy, your sex life will probably be awesome because the opposite sex will be that more attracted to you, etc, etc...
28.08.2007 - 11:07
Carrion
Account deleted
Both. There's a home gym in my father's place and naturally I use everything I can get from it. Looking good is important, but I also need to be in good shape because believe me or not, playing an hour of metal on stage ain't so easy.
03.09.2007 - 11:49
Bash'
:)
I feel I have an arm alittle bit larger than the other, I use my right hand & arm in everything, and I hardly ever use my left.. but for sure this is not obvious for people, it's a small differant in size and I just notice it when I work out.. when I am not, I see they're the same size.. strange!
----
I saw her standing by the crimson sea...
Isolated by the silent thoughts...
Her gazing was intense but so dead...

The teardrops corroded the soil.. She couldn't say a word to me...
03.09.2007 - 22:39
Ellie
Account deleted
I used to work out a lot but now I just go for a long walk everyday.
03.09.2007 - 23:20
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
Staff
i dont work out. there are many reasons for this. first of all - i was lucky enough to be born with a fast metabolism which allows me to pretty much stuff myself like a pig and drink gargantuan amounts of beer without gaining any weight... secondly - i dont have the attention span required to work out, after 30 minutes i am dying of boredom. thirdly - there tends to be a fair amount of walking, moving, carrying stuff etc involved in my daily routine (i travel everywhere by public transportation) so its not like im a complete couch potato.

finally - i dont particularly like the way buffed up people look. they always remind me of dumb lurking hulks. There is nothing wrong with being fit and reasonably well built but once you have muscles that really start to show, you look less and less intelligent (imo).

PS: dont forget peeps that sex is one of the best forms of working out there are... just try to have a lot of it and you'll be fine
19.11.2007 - 21:27
*ODEN*
Account deleted
yea i work out thats gd 4 health...
19.11.2007 - 22:01
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
I work out to look better and for health...actually being in good physical shape saved from a smashed head back in March when I was hit by a car...if I hadn't been fit I couldn't have held my head up
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
20.11.2007 - 00:33
Asphyxia
Account deleted
I found a pretty good video with an easy at-home workout!

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/848554/300_spartan_workout_training_home_version_7/

I started this training today, but left a few excersises out, and only did one set of each, and I'm feeling verrry tired.
20.11.2007 - 01:55
bucky01403
Account deleted
Yes I do work out, but not so much too look good. I do it more so to feel good. I tend to be in better moods when I work out regularly. I don't care what anybody says, looking good does not make you happy.