Metal Storm logo
Deicide

Original post

Posted by Hylia, 20.05.2006 - 20:09
Well I didn't find a topic on Deicide yet,one of the most important Death metal bands from Florida.From their self titled album to Scars of the Crucifix,Deicide have shown no sign of slowing down yet and are still one of the best Death metal bands ever.
22.09.2006 - 01:22
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
This has been a good year for death metal.
22.09.2006 - 06:17
Robstar
Fucking Deicide Rules Man !
I got most of their shit and it kick ass...
Extrme brutal Vocal, great guitar solos besides those noisy double killing pedal drums...
Those guys live are awesome ...
I got their When London Burns, man great shit !ç

Anyway sTAY eXTREME!

----
Nothing is unreacheable
22.09.2006 - 20:22
Drizzling Blur
Account deleted
I just got into Deicide infact "proper death", and i think they are amazing, vocals are insanely brutal, nice guitar work and kick ass drumming, perfect receipe for anyday to fill up life with.
30.09.2006 - 19:04
Mega-Slayer
I finally listened to Deicidce and I see now why it it might be to humorous to some,and to evil to others,but it is fucking perfect for me.I downloaded their songs off of limewire,"Bible Basher","Kill THe Christian","Satan Spawn","Trifixion","In Hell I burn","Dead By Dawn","Sacrificial Suicide" and more.I love the deep and high pitched demonic growls and screams heard in their early work.When I heard "Satan Spawn The Caco-Demon" for the first time I felt a little overwhelmed with the presence of darkness,but I got used to it after awhile.Glen Benton souds like he is from hell without a doubt.1 question though is that hi real voice in hte chorus of "Dead By Dawn" and "Satan Spawn"?
----

Intestinally Punctured Smurf
13.10.2006 - 13:54
Vidrageon
Account deleted
I find them funny, they're so silly, and while it is pretty shit at times, they have their moments of brilliance.
14.10.2006 - 05:25
Winter Death
Account deleted
I threw TSOR in the jammer to better celebrate this Friday the 13th.
15.10.2006 - 07:45
Herzebeth
WOW...The Stench Of Redemption is really a great album dudes, there's no bad song on that one..as pyro said..this is a great year for death metal...uuuh..this gives me an idea for a topic.
----
15.10.2006 - 20:43
Basso
Account deleted
What albums should I buy to check out the best side of Deicide?
15.10.2006 - 20:59
Mega-Slayer
Written by [user id=5394] on 15.10.2006 at 20:43

What albums should I buy to check out the best side of Deicide?

Get their first 2 classic albums,"Deicide" and "Legions".Their self-titled contains great songs such as,"Sacrificial Suicide","Dead By Dawn" and "Lunatic Of God's Creation".The vocals and effects you'll have to get used to,there are high shrieks and devilish growls.Then onto "legions" their most intense and anti-religious hour,(well half-hour),be ready for pure blasphemy,on their you'll find classic songs like-"Satan Spawn The Caco-Demon","Trifixion" and "In Hell I Burn".You will fill the evil rushing through your veins upon hearing "Legions".
----

Intestinally Punctured Smurf
15.10.2006 - 21:55
Basso
Account deleted
Sounds blasphemously enough for me. I will grimly check those albums out and hail satan while at it.
15.10.2006 - 23:38
Winter Death
Account deleted
And buy the new album damn it!
23.10.2006 - 07:02
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
What do people have against In Torment, In Hell? I just don't understand. It's fast and there are some really nice guitar melodies. All of the reviews I've skimmed over have been negative and have rated it fairly low. There aren't really any super catchy songs like there are on most of their other albums, but overall I felt that this album is consistent and fast paced, unlike Insineratehymn (which I think is pretty good).
25.10.2006 - 03:59
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Why the hell is their tour cancelled here? I really wanted to see them this time around...
26.10.2006 - 02:39
Winter Death
Account deleted
^^^ "Paperwork issues with the Canadian venues..." Sounds like a load of fucking shit to me.
29.10.2006 - 18:55
decapitator
man, the new Deicide is so good, i was so suprised when i lsned to it. i wasnt expecting it to be this good. the riffs and solos are great. im completely suprised. i recommend it. great CD
31.10.2006 - 01:22
Trifixion
Account deleted
Written by Dangerboner on 23.10.2006 at 07:02

What do people have against In Torment, In Hell? I just don't understand. It's fast and there are some really nice guitar melodies. All of the reviews I've skimmed over have been negative and have rated it fairly low. There aren't really any super catchy songs like there are on most of their other albums, but overall I felt that this album is consistent and fast paced, unlike Insineratehymn (which I think is pretty good).

Eh I don't know, I just thought pretty much everything between Legion and TSOR were painfully decent. Once Upon The Cross had some cool songs and Scars had like the title track other than none of it did it for me. It all sounds rushed and seems like they were tying too hard to sound as good/evil as they did earlier on. That plus I think their first 2 albums were so good that everything afterwards was doomed to be compared to them...
01.12.2006 - 00:58
Deicide's self titled album is definitely one of at least my top three favorite death metal albums. The intensity is unrelenting from start to finish, and there is no filler tracks. Dead by Dawn is one of the best songs ever, but some of those songs on the album rival this.
Legion was also pretty good, though the style was certainly a bridge between their first album and the albums afterwards. As for Once upon the Cross, I thought it was total shit. Glen Benton kept getting lower and lower, as though he was trying to sound like a satanic news reporter or something. Behind the light thou shalt rise? Come on.
I personally didn't mind Scars of the Crucifix, although after this, I think that they should've retired. I've only heard one song off their new album that everyone keeps raving about, though it didn't do it for me.
02.12.2006 - 01:21
Trifixion
Account deleted
Written by theflyingmachine on 01.12.2006 at 00:58

Deicide's self titled album is definitely one of at least my top three favorite death metal albums. The intensity is unrelenting from start to finish, and there is no filler tracks. Dead by Dawn is one of the best songs ever, but some of those songs on the album rival this.
Legion was also pretty good, though the style was certainly a bridge between their first album and the albums afterwards. As for Once upon the Cross, I thought it was total shit. Glen Benton kept getting lower and lower, as though he was trying to sound like a satanic news reporter or something. Behind the light thou shalt rise? Come on.
I personally didn't mind Scars of the Crucifix, although after this, I think that they should've retired. I've only heard one song off their new album that everyone keeps raving about, though it didn't do it for me.

Hmm about their s/t, it's up there with my favorite albums too but only for like half of the songs. There aren't any fillers really but considering the album itself is pretty much demos and whatnot thrown together, it doesn's really have a flow to it, and alot of the songs I find nothing special. Lunatic is pretty good then you have 3 incredible songs, after that it's alright IMO. And if you've only heard one track off of TSOR I HIGHLY highly suggest you listen to the whole thing if you can. Take it for a couple of spins too...I was remotely dissapointed with it at first but it soon became my favorite release of 06 and probably one of my favorite albums ever.
02.12.2006 - 03:07
Daru Jericho
The new album surpassed all my expectations and is pretty excellent. I am very surprised! I look forward to catching them live now.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

03.12.2006 - 03:41
Spirit Crusher
Account deleted
Written by [user id=1279] on 13.10.2006 at 13:54

I find them funny, they're so silly, and while it is pretty shit at times, they have their moments of brilliance.

Yes that is so true... Glen Benton looks like an evil pirate.
03.12.2006 - 11:28
Grind_Bastard
Account deleted
I used to listen to them a lot but now i don't like them as i did...anyway i like the early albums more than those recent...i would add that the newest album is better than Scars of The Crucifix and its a good thing that Owen left Cannibal and joined Deicide...its for the better of both bands...anyway...i hope they will tour here so i can see them...maybe i would change my mind...
06.12.2006 - 11:25
Priest Of Hex
Account deleted
I got tickets to see Deicide at the HiFi Bar in Melbourne Australia, should be killer.
06.12.2006 - 16:34
Basso
Account deleted
Holy fuck!!! The latest album was a blast. I am really happy that I got into theese guys with "The Stench of Redemption" it is fucking awesome
06.12.2006 - 16:38
Sunioj
Once upon the Cross!!! Im not into deicide that much, but they have left their mark in the FL DM scene!
07.12.2006 - 20:15
Usurpus
Account deleted
Im seeing Deicide at the London ULU next month. I can't wait to hear material from the Stench of Redemption played live, its gonna be brutal. I agree that the addition of Jack Owen seems to have brought much needed air to a dying beast!
15.12.2006 - 07:46
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
'The stench of redemption' is a great album, melodic in some parts as well.
Their 'insineratehymn ' and 'In torment in hell' weren't as great as other of their albums, but with Benton's powerful vocals and great music, they always have been a great death metal band.
----
that which shines without names and forms...
21.12.2006 - 21:11
If I own deicide's self titled, is Amon worth the purchase?
21.12.2006 - 21:36
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Written by theflyingmachine on 21.12.2006 at 21:11

If I own deicide's self titled, is Amon worth the purchase?

Well, I had always thought that Amon is more for the collection than actually a good listen by itself... on the other hand, being a compilation of the old demos, you'll have most of the songs repeated if you own the self-titled, so I wouldn't recommend it as a next purchase.
30.12.2006 - 19:20
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Members seeing Deicide on their European tour, make sure you pay special attention to Psycroptic. Australian technical death metal band that will blow your socks off and amaze you!!

Oh and leave comments in their thread on MS ... sorry just spreading the love of GREAT metal

Now i shall be off to listen to 'The Stench Of Redemption' ... very likely to be my number 1 album release of '06.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
31.12.2006 - 03:30
CianideDeath
Account deleted
Meh, I am sick of Psycroptic probably because they get nearly every major support tour slot here. The over saturation effect in full swing I guess. As for Deicide I only have Once upon the Cross and am happy not to need anything else from them