Metal Storm logo
Best Spanish metal band!

Original post

Posted by Dam3k, 17.05.2006 - 23:51
So here it's again, I'm very interested in this one and due to the bunch of fans in south america I think could have a bit of success =). That are the most representative bands in the metal scene here in Spain @tm. Choose one, explain why you choose. I went for Saratoga very important for me, cool bass-lines, good guitars, good voice and good drums!! =) Very hated and very loved here. Let's vote!!

Poll

So what do you think is the best spanish metal band?

Dark Moor
Other (Specify which one)
Mägo De Oz
Barón Rojo
WarCry
Avalanch
Saratoga
Tierra Santa

Total votes: 138
26.06.2007 - 09:30
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ernis on 26.06.2007 at 02:36

Gothic Sex needs to be pointed out in my humble opinion.....I like their sound...this band indeed has some in common with Christian death for example...and Spain's venues have been shaken by the sombre music and outrageous live shows of this band that has by now remained silent......

WTF are Gothic Sex ewery boddy talk about it but nobody give links whit free mp3
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
26.06.2007 - 14:20
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Bad English on 26.06.2007 at 09:30

Written by Ernis on 26.06.2007 at 02:36

Gothic Sex needs to be pointed out in my humble opinion.....I like their sound...this band indeed has some in common with Christian death for example...and Spain's venues have been shaken by the sombre music and outrageous live shows of this band that has by now remained silent......

WTF are Gothic Sex ewery boddy talk about it but nobody give links whit free mp3

It's a gothic band from Spain....they were active during the 90ies but after that they have been silent...I have no news about them....and well....I don't know any links to free mp3s....I have one album of theirs which I found in Soulseek.....theis music is rather difficult to find....
26.06.2007 - 14:33
baldur
well the best spanish singing band imo are asesino from the USA they are great if you like death metal take a listen!!!
26.06.2007 - 21:13
APOHAKC
The Bard
Voted Tierra Santa, altough I like Dark Moor and Mago De Oz much too. From Spanish singing bands I like Saurom Landeth, awesome band.

@Baldur - that reminds me on Brujeria a bit, they play brutal Death Metal, they sing in Spanish, and they have album and song Assessino, but they are from Mexico I think, altough some members are probably Americans
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
26.06.2007 - 21:34
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by APOHAKC on 26.06.2007 at 21:13

@Baldur - that reminds me on Brujeria a bit, they play brutal Death Metal, they sing in Spanish, and they have album and song Assessino, but they are from Mexico I think, altough some members are probably Americans

IMO bets band in grind genre and I realy love that band somehow thay remaind old good militarism traditions in Latinamerica jejeje specely one song
----

27.06.2007 - 12:39
baldur
Written by APOHAKC on 26.06.2007 at 21:13

actually one of the asesino members is the co-founder of brujeria!!!
27.06.2007 - 13:36
APOHAKC
The Bard
I thought that no one knows who they really are, except for the singer, Brujeria is hi one and only band, he said he will never sing in any other band, anyway, gotta chechk that Asesino
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
02.07.2007 - 05:10
selken
Irreligious
I voted for Mägo de Oz, I like all their music, even the Rock'n'Roll first album and their hard rock experiments, they are something different.
----
03.07.2007 - 04:05
Oracle
Orcinus
i choose Dark Moor. I like Dark Moor because most of their song arent boring and i reckon their style of music is very catchy.
10.07.2007 - 22:01
Surion
I voted for Mägo De Oz because i just love the way jose sings and the awesome guitar solos...also the mixture with folk medieval songs sounds really cool. I also love this band because the singer (jose) is from my country...BOLIVIA!!!!!!:banger2:
----
Ereßµ§ ø? ßløøð
16.07.2007 - 21:56
Dark Tormentor
Account deleted
My vote goes staright for Saratoga that fucker reaches high notes eventhough he is playing in Stravaganzza now but that guy has a ass kicker voice I recomend Saratoga for people that are interested into power metal
BTW another one of my favorite spanish bands is Heroes Del Silencio one of the spanish pioneer bands and they still go it eventhough is more hard rock but they're amazing their lyrics and everything!!!
18.07.2007 - 14:10
Infurnace
Dark Moor, for me. They are my favorite Spanish metal band, and they play really catchy Power Metal. I like Mägo De Oz as well, but i'm more into Dark Moor.
09.10.2007 - 00:49
Taktsekte
Your Ad Here!
What do you think about new Spanish bands like Nahemah (thank you for featuring them, MS!), Cyhiriaeth or Nivaira? I posted something about them in other threads and I feel lazy today, so I will just copy that information and paste it here.

- Nivaira: A Gothic Metal project whose members are two musicians hailing from Gerona and a Russian girl. Their website is in English, Spanish, Catalan and Russian. They sound similar to the Espenaes sisters' projects, but less boring . Their debut album is called The City.

- Vidres a la Sang: Imagine Hypocrisy came from Terrassa. Vidres a la Sang is a Death Metal band with Catalan lyrics. You may check some songs from their last album Endins on their Myspace page.

- Overlife is a Fates Warning-like Prog Metal band hailing from Alicante. They have released three albums including their latest El Despertar (i.e. "The Awakening" for those who don't understand Spanish), which I consider one of the greatest surprises of 2007.

- Nahemah, also from Alicante, is one of those bands you want to keep an eye on. They play Progressive Melodeath like Opeth and are almost as talented as them. According to their label, Victory Records, NAHEMAH combine the melancholic overtones ala OPETH with the swedish metal sounds of DARK TRANQUILLITY and the orchestral sections/ melodic rock essence of MOGWAI to bring an amazing musical outing worthy the world's attention!

- I opened a thread about Cyhiriaeth at this location: http://www.metalstorm.ee/forum/topic.php?topic_id=7066. If you like Pagan Black Metal (e.g. Moonsorrow), you must check their amazing "Iberian Pagan Metal" sound!
09.10.2007 - 06:55
Dreamwar_86
To Arms!
Mägo De Oz SUCKS!! only Finisterra,la leyenda de la mancha and gaia were acceptable
Saratoga very good power band amazing vocals
Barón Rojo i dont know em
WarCry good band but not as good as old avalanch
Avalanch old avalanch kick ass, new avalanch worst ever
Tierra Santa mmmmm i dunno kind of boring and repetitive
Dark Moor THE BEST very versatile ,power,speed,thrashy at times and very good vocalists
----
Stay Metal !!!
09.10.2007 - 23:10
Mustis
Account deleted
none of this bands are the best of Spain. Fallen Sentinel is the best band of all Spain. They are just know for a little group of people, but i think they are better than Dark Moor. But Dark Moor and Asgaroth are good to but not like Fallen Sentinel
21.10.2007 - 04:55
Apollyon
Account deleted
Mago de Oz is the shittiest band I've ever heard, fucking horrible, Wormed and Avulsed are great though
22.10.2007 - 01:19
Javicho
Account deleted
I went for Mägo De Oz ^^
to be honest the other listed bands are kinda sucky. About Avalanch and Baron Rojo well both turn boring after some minutes and lets say i'm listening to this then i switch to Avalanch or BR and well.. i get bored faster lol, but then if i put MdO then i will listen to 'Fiesta Pagana' with a big damn smile lol cause its a funny song.
^^
22.10.2007 - 02:57
selken
Irreligious
My last post was before I got into Dark Moor, not only the best spanish band for me, but also one of the best power metal bands that I've listened. But Mägo, for me, is not a serious band, their music is quite funny and sometimes hillarious.
----
08.11.2007 - 17:18
Imraghil
Mago de oz. The first time i heared them was on a metal collection cd.
09.09.2008 - 00:03
nana.MD
Star-Queen
hmm...i'm not into those bands but i have heard them and i think i would go for avalanch & dark moor....
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
09.09.2008 - 04:28
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Definitely Dark Moor. They play a very good power metal, with the classic music touch, they're awesome!
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
09.09.2008 - 04:31
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
anyone ever hear of Puya? they had a song on a metal compilation called "the hard and the heavy". the compilation itself was pretty awful but Puya had a song called "Fake" and its probably top 2 most hilarious songs ive ever heard because of the rhythm and how the words that are used sound in context to said rhythm. check it out if youre REALLY bored and dont have anything better to do other than huff paint or gas or something.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
17.10.2008 - 10:19
Yossarian
Leño.
09.03.2009 - 20:55
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Ok I have those spanish bans, some spanish guys n gals wont know those IMO, I had fiew albums but mainly 1-6 mp3 songs from those what I will say here :p

Accio Directa, Acriter, As Light Dies, Autumnal, Asgard Warriors, Asgaroth, Atman, Banished From Inferno, Banzai, Besrerk, Between The Frost, Breastless, Bronce, Carpe Diem, Chaotic Hope, Crienium, Crusher, CrystalMoors, Crysys, Cyhiriaeth, Dark Embrace, Deadmask, Demsied, Detriment Sorrow, Drueida, Emty, Epidemia, Ered, Estigia, Etherkall, Evadne, EVO, Fatal Portrait, Firesword, Frozen, Fuck Of, Helevorn, Hordak, Incorporea, Kjaftur, Lux Divina, Madhouse, Medina Azahara, Metal Mareny, Mistyca, Mordok, Morerock, Muro, Nadir, Niagara, Nu, Obscure, Omendark, Omission, Orthodox, Panzer, Purgatory's Troops, Putrevore, Sabatan, Sanfer Azul, Sangtrait, Silent Poison, Spetkhvrm, Su ta Gra, Tears Of The Matryr, Tharna, The Craving, Trascandental, Triton, Unhallowed, Witches's Sabbath, Zarpa.
----

10.03.2009 - 00:30
ForeverDarkWoods
Hordak is my personal favourite of the Spanish bands. If you listen to The Last European Wolves you will know why. It's really a sublime record.

Mägo De Oz is also very good. Not that big on Dark Moor though.
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
- George W. Bush, ex-president of the United States of America
10.03.2009 - 01:00
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by ForeverDarkWoods on 10.03.2009 at 00:30

Hordak is my personal favourite of the Spanish bands. If you listen to The Last European Wolves you will know why. It's really a sublime record.

I know why man I know this band, its good
----

10.03.2009 - 01:05
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I dont know all, but Mago De Oz is very special to me
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

10.03.2009 - 04:47
IronBlackZepp
I voted Tierra Santa, they are the only one I have any liking for here. But I really dont love their music, but I think they are ok. They were influenced by bands like Maiden, so I gotta have some respect for em because they are helping to keep that stile of metal alive.
02.05.2009 - 13:09
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Updated main post I edd awesome doom metal band Autumnal, realy good and awesome
----

03.05.2009 - 03:19
Dominus
The Shooter