Metal Storm logo
Band Profiles: Report Mistakes

Original post

Posted by Baz Anderson, 15.03.2011 - 18:14
This is your place to report mistakes with our featured bands, in the same way as the last thread:

http://www.metalstorm.net/forum/topic.php?topic_id=3137
13.02.2015 - 20:15
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Bad English on 13.02.2015 at 20:04

Written by Cynic Metalhead on 13.02.2015 at 19:58

Written by Bad English on 13.02.2015 at 16:19

Heol Telwen according to MA band split up, anybody can find official source what confirms
I can not

According to their Facebook and Bandcamp page, no.

They still active. Loïc "Kraban" Courtete(vocalist) confirms he will be leading Heol Telwen. Source close to Metal Hammer says so.

band has no facebook whit good info

They have a Facebook page with no details updated. I hope once they figure what they have to do, they'll update it.
13.02.2015 - 20:18
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 13.02.2015 at 20:15

[
They have a Facebook page with no details updated. I hope once they figure what they have to do, they'll update it.

yes opened In 2014 whit out any info
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
14.02.2015 - 21:11
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
@One from Texas

Waking The Cadaver
Band announced statement about splitting up
https://www.facebook.com/wakingthecadaver

Truth be told, we haven't been a band since our last show we played in Seattle October 2013 on the Dying Fetus/Exhumed tour

it means band was on hiatus?

It means we need edit
Hiatus: 2013-2015
and then put band to end ?

I am confused whit this statement

PS I didn't fix line up and years until you explain, but I accepted Ambrish edit as split up
----

16.02.2015 - 21:03
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
I have a suggestion regarding Cormorant, but given that the band is rather popular among the more active users on this website, I'll leave it up to them. After hearing their 2014 release in its entirety, I hardly hear any melodeath at all; rather I hear a prevalence of black metal combined with sounds like hefty amounts of sludge throughout. I went back and listened to some tracks off their earlier albums and noticed the black metal influence has been around since their formation (see their '07 demo here.) I suggest the following:

- Melodic death metal (2007-2013)
- Progressive metal (2007-)
- Black metal (2007-)

OR, a the very least:

- Melodic death metal (2007-2013)
- Progressive metal (2007-)
- Black metal (2014-)
17.02.2015 - 15:26
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Question: will bands missing a biography never be activated?

I ask because David Maxim Micic - which was recently added - doesn't seem to have a bio anywhere...

Edit: the question still holds, but I've managed to adapt an old bio is his. Could someone kindly activate his band?
17.02.2015 - 15:57
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by LeKiwi on 17.02.2015 at 15:26

I ask because David Maxim Micic - which was recently added - doesn't seem to have a bio anywhere...

Edit: the question still holds, but I've managed to adapt an old bio is his. Could someone kindly activate his band?

I don't think it should be added if Bio is not complete.

Profile should be fully completed.
17.02.2015 - 16:07
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 17.02.2015 at 15:57

Is this comment directed at David Maxim Micic? The profile is complete
17.02.2015 - 16:58
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by LeKiwi on 17.02.2015 at 16:07

Written by Cynic Metalhead on 17.02.2015 at 15:57

Is this comment directed at David Maxim Micic? The profile is complete

read a PM
----

17.02.2015 - 18:57
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Written by LeKiwi on 17.02.2015 at 15:26

It depends. Traditionally the rule is no, but we make exceptions for several things around here so it's possible. And the bio doesn't have to be officially written by the artist, just as long as it's accurate; I've unofficially written many bios for bands on my own just based on the info I found lying around their official sources. The rules of editing even state that is permissible, most users just aren't that dedicated unfortunately, especially since it's really not that difficult, can be tedious, but certainly not difficult.

Hell, I've even been personally thanked by some of the bands I wrote bios for when they emailed me to be added but they didn't have a proper career spanning bio and didn't want to take the time to write one themselves.
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

17.02.2015 - 20:01
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by psykometal on 17.02.2015 at 18:57

It depends. Traditionally the rule is no, but we make exceptions for several things around here so it's possible. And the bio doesn't have to be officially written by the artist, just as long as it's accurate; I've unofficially written many bios for bands on my own just based on the info I found lying around their official sources. The rules of editing even state that is permissible, most users just aren't that dedicated unfortunately, especially since it's really not that difficult, can be tedious, but certainly not difficult.

Hell, I've even been personally thanked by some of the bands I wrote bios for when they emailed me to be added but they didn't have a proper career spanning bio and didn't want to take the time to write one themselves.

Good to know

I believe that the profile for David Maxim Micic is complete. Could you activate it?
17.02.2015 - 20:39
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by LeKiwi on 17.02.2015 at 20:01

I believe that the profile for David Maxim Micic is complete. Could you activate it?

Negative - Nica Ze told there is something missing , since band is Serbian he is from Bosnia , I wont discuss his ability I trust him so any questions , ask him
its not a zing boner or Juliet baby who says band is ready when it isn't
----

17.02.2015 - 20:43
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
And BTW old MS bio is good as well because most are from dead home pages, myspace, when bio was good, up to 2009 MS bio is trustable
Bio can be find in ints, even copy from wiki, if official home page confirms it and wiki or others are better written , you can read bio whit google translate as good source to edit line up (but don't add it here) so there are many ways to get it ...
----

17.02.2015 - 20:55
nicaZe
Savatage
Written by Bad English on 17.02.2015 at 20:39

Written by LeKiwi on 17.02.2015 at 20:01

Negative - Nica Ze told there is something missing , since band is Serbian he is from Bosnia , I wont discuss his ability I trust him so any questions , ask him
its not a zing boner or Juliet baby who says band is ready when it isn't

Please people David Maxim Micic will be actived just keep calm and let me finish it.
17.02.2015 - 21:12
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by nicaZe on 17.02.2015 at 20:55

Please people David Maxim Micic will be actived just keep calm and let me finish it.

What is it you're doing to the profile?
17.02.2015 - 21:15
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Something very odd is standing out to me on Micic's profile... How has he been a member of his solo band for a year before he started it?
----

17.02.2015 - 21:16
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by psykometal on 17.02.2015 at 21:15

Something very odd is standing out to me on Micic's profile... How has he been a member of his solo band for a year before he started it?

Some people have been messing with the year of formation apparently. I'll look into it.

Edit: fixed.
17.02.2015 - 21:17
nicaZe
Savatage
Written by LeKiwi on 17.02.2015 at 21:16

Written by psykometal on 17.02.2015 at 21:15

Some people have been messing with the year of formation apparently. I'll look into it.

Some members are guests, some session and some live...sop leave the profile unactived. When I finish it I will active it
17.02.2015 - 21:20
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by nicaZe on 17.02.2015 at 21:17

Some members are guests, some session and some live...sop leave the profile unactived. When I finish it I will active it

How do you differentiate between studio and guest? On their Facebook page all of those musicians are listed as guest musicians barring one.
17.02.2015 - 21:46
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by LeKiwi on 17.02.2015 at 21:20

How do you differentiate between studio and guest? On their Facebook page all of those musicians are listed as guest musicians barring one.

studio - you basically play all album some instrument in the studio, sometimes live
guest is more, less one song
----

18.02.2015 - 08:52
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Can Judas Priest get heavy metal removed from the 11st 2 albums? There's little to no metal in either of them. Mostly hard/blues rock.
And could Jucifer get crust added to them from 2008 onwards?
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
18.02.2015 - 11:39
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by M C Vice on 18.02.2015 at 08:52

Can Judas Priest get heavy metal removed from the 11st 2 albums? There's little to no metal in either of them. Mostly hard/blues rock.
And could Jucifer get crust added to them from 2008 onwards?

actually I agree, same must be done whit Lez Zep after IV album
but I wont do it until staff wont give me permission
----

18.02.2015 - 12:48
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite

I can see where you're coming from with Rocka Rolla but Sad Wings Of Destiny certainly is heavy metal.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

18.02.2015 - 16:31
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by Bad English on 17.02.2015 at 21:46

studio - you basically play all album some instrument in the studio, sometimes live

All right, so basically we don't go by what the artist labels the musicians as, but rather by the definition you provided?
18.02.2015 - 16:33
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by LeKiwi on 18.02.2015 at 16:31

Alright, so basically we don't go by what the artist labels the musicians as, but rather by the definition you provided?

that the logic, because many cases artists don't run own facebook and don't promote good bio and info , but you need read, and look your self
----

18.02.2015 - 17:16
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 18.02.2015 at 12:48

I can see where you're coming from with Rocka Rolla but Sad Wings Of Destiny certainly is heavy metal.

then we can use new album style option to nor ruin main profile and add it in 1th album ?
even it was like 10 years ago when last time I was listening old JP
----

18.02.2015 - 23:30
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite

Alright, so basically we don't go by what the artist labels the musicians as, but rather by the definition you provided?

Actually, yes. And it's not the definition he provided but rather that Staff provided. Same concept as when bands label themselves with a non-existent genre and we ignore that; f.e. Psychostick are not humorcore, Powerglove are not nintendocore and Otargos are not DARK XTREME METAL (they actually tried to get me to change their style from Black Metal to the aforementioned DXM).

The generally recognized definitions are:

Guest - records specific parts of the album but not for the entirety of the album - these parts are not usually rehearsed as part of the album prior to recording (ex: any time Jeff Loomis has recorded a solo for a band, or a vocalist from another band features on a song or 2)

Live - performs live with the band

Studio - musician actually rehearses the songs - either with the band or with demo recordings the band has sent them - to ensure they know what they're doing when they go to the studio to record. Also typically records their instrument throughout the entirety of the album

Perfect example is Ade. On their 2013 album they call George Kollias a guest drummer, which gives the impression he just came into record some special parts on 1 or 2 songs when in fact he rehearsed with and recorded drums for the entire album. So that means he was actually a studio musician, not a guest musician.
----

19.02.2015 - 17:06
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog

Dude...you replaced the up-to-date bio I wrote for one that's old as balls. Why?
19.02.2015 - 17:19
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by psykometal on 18.02.2015 at 23:30

Actually, yes. And it's not the definition he provided but rather that Staff provided. Same concept as when bands label themselves with a non-existent genre and we ignore that; f.e. Psychostick are not humorcore, Powerglove are not nintendocore and Otargos are not DARK XTREME METAL (they actually tried to get me to change their style from Black Metal to the aforementioned DXM).

The generally recognized definitions are:

Guest - records specific parts of the album but not for the entirety of the album - these parts are not usually rehearsed as part of the album prior to recording (ex: any time Jeff Loomis has recorded a solo for a band, or a vocalist from another band features on a song or 2)

Live - performs live with the band

Studio - musician actually rehearses the songs - either with the band or with demo recordings the band has sent them - to ensure they know what they're doing when they go to the studio to record. Also typically records their instrument throughout the entirety of the album

Perfect example is Ade. On their 2013 album they call George Kollias a guest drummer, which gives the impression he just came into record some special parts on 1 or 2 songs when in fact he rehearsed with and recorded drums for the entire album. So that means he was actually a studio musician, not a guest musician.

Makes sense to me!

The only problem I can foresee is that it may be impossible to glean information regarding their practicing routines, so would it fair to go by whether they are featured on one or two tracks versus the whole album?
19.02.2015 - 17:27
nicaZe
Savatage

I can't remember I replace the bio, I think I just edited the one already added.
19.02.2015 - 17:30
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Yea, that's basically how we determine it in most cases too. Haha!

And if you just feel unsure you can always ask here or message me on MS or Facebook.
----