Metal Storm logo
This is where to find post/sludge/atmospheric metal suggestions

Original post

Posted by Deadsoulman, 13.05.2011 - 12:48
I see no one has mentioned Black Shape Of Nexus. Absolutely crushing, utterly riff-based sludge (except the Microbarome Meetings album which is pure drone) from Germany. They have a couple of releases available for download on their website, especially the Live in Mannheim tape is devastating. I've given a shot to pretty much their whole discography and you can't go wrong with these guys.
13.04.2012 - 14:51
InnerSelf
proofread free
Written by tea[m]ster on 13.04.2012 at 01:01

Atmospheric/alternative/post-rock sounding a bit like Anathema. Highly anticipated album release.

This album is magnificent, although the rest of the songs are more or less electronica driven.
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
14.04.2012 - 10:47
The Turbanator
Someone posted up the full 'Panopticon' album on Youtube. Probably the best album ever made?

----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
14.04.2012 - 17:52
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Contributor
Written by The Turbanator on 14.04.2012 at 10:47

Someone posted up the full 'Panopticon' album on Youtube. Probably the best album ever made?

Put "Garden of Light" on this album and it's the greatest post-metal album ever made. In the meantime, Rosetta's Wake/Lift is the best...
----
rekt
14.04.2012 - 18:43
The Turbanator
Written by tea[m]ster on 14.04.2012 at 17:52

Written by The Turbanator on 14.04.2012 at 10:47

Put "Garden of Light" on this album and it's the greatest post-metal album ever made. In the meantime, Rosetta's Wake/Lift is the best...

And also "Weight" from Oceanic.
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
14.04.2012 - 19:40
The Turbanator
Sigur Ros has released a new album called "Valtari" if any of you are interested.
----
14.04.2012 - 19:54
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Contributor
Written by The Turbanator on 14.04.2012 at 19:40

Sigur Ros has released a new album called "Valtari" if any of you are interested.

Me, of all people have never listened to Sigur Ros, I should be ashamed...

post a good you tube song by them Turb...
----
rekt
14.04.2012 - 20:20
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Contributor
Post-rock, Dublin, Ireland...decent.

----
rekt
14.04.2012 - 21:16
The Turbanator
Written by tea[m]ster on 14.04.2012 at 19:54

Written by The Turbanator on 14.04.2012 at 19:40

Me, of all people have never listened to Sigur Ros, I should be ashamed...

post a good you tube song by them Turb...

Sure. This is my favorite by them. Their songs give me chills man.

----
16.04.2012 - 03:01
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Contributor
Written by InnerSelf on 13.04.2012 at 14:51

This album is magnificent, although the rest of the songs are more or less electronica driven.

This is one of the best releases of the year. Wow, just fucking wow.
----
rekt
16.04.2012 - 03:11
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Contributor
Rather popular post-metal/sludge from Sweden.

----
rekt
17.04.2012 - 17:23
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiD-f22utk4&context=C497ba69ADvjVQa1PpcFP3TaHLW-5XrYrEU4E9me8L0ddanW9FnIQ=

damn.. how do I make that a playable link like everyone else?? help please..
17.04.2012 - 17:26
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by BlackOakDecline on 17.04.2012 at 17:23
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiD-f22utk4&context=C497ba69ADvjVQa1PpcFP3TaHLW-5XrYrEU4E9me8L0ddanW9FnIQ=

People are lazy, so I'll embed the video here.

----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
17.04.2012 - 17:29
Whoa..thanks.. I aint lazy I just don't know what i'm doing ha ha
19.04.2012 - 02:04
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Contributor
Dunno if I posted a sample of their music so here is a song off their great album The Long Procession

----
rekt
19.04.2012 - 02:42
The Turbanator
Written by tea[m]ster on 19.04.2012 at 02:04

Dunno if I posted a sample of their music so here is a song off their great album The Long Procession

Amazing!
----
23.04.2012 - 02:25
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Contributor
One-man instrumental band form Nebraska...talent

----
rekt
24.04.2012 - 08:46
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
I don't think anyone's posted this yet... so here goes.

http://replenishrecords.bandcamp.com/album/rituals

A mix of black and atmo-sludge, the music is incredibly dank and oppressive, not to mention a bit of an emotional journey that takes you through the five stages of grief.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
24.04.2012 - 09:38
The Turbanator
Written by Troy Killjoy on 24.04.2012 at 08:46

http://replenishrecords.bandcamp.com/album/rituals

A mix of black and atmo-sludge, the music is incredibly dank and oppressive, not to mention a bit of an emotional journey that takes you through the five stages of grief.

Yeah I've heard this one. Good stuff!
----
24.04.2012 - 13:49
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
Not sure if these have been posted before, but I can't believe I had forgotten to mention Light Bearer and Fall of Efrafa. Two awesome post metal/hardcore bands.

Light Bearer - Primum Movens

For of Efrafa - Republic of Heaven
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here
24.04.2012 - 14:42
The Turbanator
Written by Spirit Molecule on 24.04.2012 at 13:49

Not sure if these have been posted before, but I can't believe I had forgotten to mention Light Bearer and Fall of Efrafa. Two awesome post metal/hardcore bands.

Man this is awesome! Cheers for this!
----
25.04.2012 - 01:25
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Contributor
Written by Troy Killjoy on 24.04.2012 at 08:46

Maybe if you payed more attention in class Mr. Killjoy...

Written by tea[m]ster on 19.02.2012 at 21:44

Wow...this is fucking LOUD!!! Sludge/Post-metal...

----
rekt
25.04.2012 - 01:28
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Contributor
Written by Spirit Molecule on 24.04.2012 at 13:49

Good recs Spirit. Lapsus made my "Best Of 2011" list and Fall of Efrafa are good sludge metal.
----
rekt
25.04.2012 - 01:36
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Contributor
Two words for you: Sludge

Wish I could find a youtube vid for their latest album but this song off their bandcamp page will have to do, just press play and enjoy.

http://lowgravity.bandcamp.com/track/blood-fine
----
rekt
25.04.2012 - 05:12
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by tea[m]ster on 25.04.2012 at 01:25
Maybe if you payed more attention in class Mr. Killjoy...

Bah, I did a search of the band name and nothing came up!
----
25.04.2012 - 10:40
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
Written by tea[m]ster on 25.04.2012 at 01:28

Good recs Spirit. Lapsus made my "Best Of 2011" list and Fall of Efrafa are good sludge metal.

It is a great album. It's quite sad that Fall of Efrafa disbanded, but it looks like Light Bearer picked up where they left off, and if I'm not mistaken they share some members or was it just the vocalist(?)
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here
25.04.2012 - 19:03
The Turbanator
Isis and Deftones form new band "Palms"!

http://ymlp.com/zDZaEm
----
26.04.2012 - 02:34
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Contributor
Written by The Turbanator on 25.04.2012 at 19:03

Isis and Deftones form new band "Palms"!

Holy fuck! Nice!
----
rekt
26.04.2012 - 02:36
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Contributor
Written by Spirit Molecule on 25.04.2012 at 10:40

It's quite sad that Fall of Efrafa disbanded, but it looks like Light Bearer picked up where they left off, and if I'm not mistaken they share some members or was it just the vocalist(?)

Yes, you are correct, and I am pretty sure most of the Efrafa members have caught on somewhere else...
----
rekt
28.04.2012 - 06:11
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Contributor
Instrumental post-rock/metal from Germany, highly recommended.

----
rekt
28.04.2012 - 07:09
The Turbanator
Written by tea[m]ster on 28.04.2012 at 06:11

Instrumental post-rock/metal from Germany, highly recommended.

Quality stuff man. German has very good post rock/stoner/BM bands. You heard of Long Distance Calling right? They're one of my favorite Post Rock bands.

Here :

----