Metal Storm logo
Hellhammer - Demon Entrails Details

With the release of "Demon Entrails" on February 18, 2008 the days of numerous sub-standard bootlegs of the classic Hellhammer demos "Death Fiend", "Triumph of Death" and "Satanic Rites" are finally over! Currently also working on a book dealing with the history of Hellhammer, founder Tom Gabriel Fischer points out the importance of this release:

"The release of these demos is very significant to both Martin Eric Ain and me. No matter how one looks at Hellhammer, this was our first recorded music so many years ago, and it represents the radicalness of our own lives at the time. These demos became the foundation to everything we later created in Celtic Frost. Hell reigned on earth."

Demon Entrails has been specially re-mastered from copies of the original master tapes under the supervision of Tom Gabriel Fischer, and the demos now represent Hellhammer exactly as the band sounded when recording these songs in June and December of 1983. Drawing from a wealth of previously unknown historical liner-notes, material and artwork, as well as plenty of unreleased Hellhammer photos from 1982 to 1984, "Demon Entrails" features all lyrics and essays detailing the individual demo recording sessions.

Here is the tracklisting information for the CD format of the release:

Disc 1 "Satanic Rites" Demo:

01. Intro
02. Messiah
03. The Third Of The Storms (Evoked Damnation)
04. Buried And Forgotten
05. Maniac [Re-recorded version]
06. Eurynomos
07. Triumph Of Death [Re-recorded version]
08. Revelations Of Doom
09. Reaper [Re-recorded version]
10. Satanic Rites
11. Crucifixion [re-recorded version]
12. Outro

Disc 2 "Death Fiend & Triumph Of Death" Demos:

01. Crucifixion
02. Maniac
03. (Execution) When Hell's Near
04. Decapitator
05. Blood Insanity
06. Power Of Satan
07. Reaper
08. Death Fiend
09. Triumph Of Death
10. Metallic Storm
11. Ready For Slaughter
12. Dark Warriors
13. Hammerhead
14. Angel Of Destruction
15. Bloody Pussies
16. Chainsaw
17. Sweet Torment

Demon Entrail" will be available as an opulent oversized double CD media-book packaging and as a gatefold triple vinyl album. Click here to view each version. Both versions will feature a lavish booklet and a poster. There will also be a third, bare-bones lower-priced CD version.

Source: celticfrost.com
Band profile: Hellhammer
Posted: 13.01.2008 by Warman

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   Visited by: 114 users
13.01.2008 - 10:34
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Great Its great
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
13.01.2008 - 13:12
NECURATU

crap. is this some kind of trend i see here...when people run out of ideas they start rehashing their oldest crap. i suppose it was great for like 20+ years ago, but be it a dirty mono tape or dolby dvd, it's still crap today no matter how you listen to it.
----
When the sun rises I take my flock on the balks
When the moon rises I tell the woods good night
13.01.2008 - 14:27
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by NECURATU on 13.01.2008 at 13:12

crap. is this some kind of trend i see here...when people run out of ideas they start rehashing their oldest crap. i suppose it was great for like 20+ years ago, but be it a dirty mono tape or dolby dvd, it's still crap today no matter how you listen to it.

Oldest crap? This is some of the first Death/Black-Metal stuff out there, Hellhammer are one of the fathers of Black.

I'll get this one as soon as it's released!
----
13.01.2008 - 16:02
Infurnace

I might want to get my hands on one of those. They were a big influence on the nowadays Black and Death Metal.
13.01.2008 - 16:27
Cookies Upstairs
Account deleted
i can't wait for the tripple vinyl version, fuck yeah!
14.01.2008 - 10:56
Carrion
Account deleted
Cool, I'm curious and will probably get this.
29.03.2008 - 11:35
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
I saw the "bare-bones" version today at the local FYE for only 11 USD. I was hesitant though, especially knowing the original shitty quality of Hellhammer's demos. Anyway, I'm listening to the remastered tracks on their myspace. Not too bad. Now they're only lacking in the songwriting department. Ha!
----
The force will be with you, always.
29.03.2008 - 17:35
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Although I really HATE Hellhammer's extremely crappy music, I did buy the deluxe 2-cde version pure for historical value.

And what C.J.W.Wyatt said due to the remastering
Quote:
Now they're only lacking in the songwriting department. Ha!
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

Hits total: 4918 | This month: 6