Metal Storm logo
Nickelback

Original post

Posted by Pierre Tombale, 16.06.2006 - 21:07
I wonder what you people think about Nickelback.
I've seen them live last month and they convinced me with performance and quality.
I have none of their albums yet. It is said that their albums are rather short in playing time.

Discography:
All The Right Reasons (2005)
The Long Road (2003)
Silver Side Up (2001)
The State (2000)
Curb (2000)
site: http://www.nickelback.com/
25.10.2012 - 05:59
Lit.
Account deleted
This Means War
Now that's what Nickleback should sound like.
20.12.2012 - 08:03
Jaeryd
Nihil's Maw
Written by Guest on 25.10.2012 at 05:59

This Means War
Now that's what Nickleback should sound like.

Better than all the other stuff I've heard from them, but still nothing spectacular. I've never though that Nickelback was terribly bad, I just think they're terribly bland.

You're right, though. They should stick with that sound.
----
20.12.2012 - 08:50
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Holy shit! the last time I listened to Nickelback was the song "This is how you remind me". Long time I guess.
20.12.2012 - 11:09
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
Nickelback is all over commercial FM radio here in Australia. Very popular. If you tune into one particular station, you hear them every few hours. I don't mind it because they play decent rock and roll.
----
The sun shines over The Fool...
23.01.2013 - 02:20
stupid noob
Account deleted
I've liked every album so far, but I still don't think Nickelback is a GREAT band. Just good, or even very good. Their singles are always perfect, except for Photograph. I really don't like that song, and I think it's because they tried to make it like a ballad.
27.01.2013 - 08:05
squidrick420
It isn't that they aren't talented, they are so over played and commercialized that i cant find any interest for them.
26.04.2013 - 02:12
Nemo Atkins
I'm not exactly a fan of Nickelback, but I do have most of their albums (only missing The State) and, when I just want to listen to something in the background while doing something else, they are a pretty good choice.

EDIT: Just remembered I'd already posted here before. Ah well, considering I've had more time to listen to them since my original post, there's no harm done. All told, I think most of the hatred is very exaggerated against them: from most of the haters, you'd think they couldn't play their instruments (untrue: if you can cover a snippet of "The Four Horsement" by Metallica live in a concert (and "Sad But True": not even kidding here, it's probably done better than Metallica themselves do it now), you can clearly play your instruments), couldn't write a song worth listening to if they tried (depends on what you define as "worth listening to", but I'd say that's untrue) and that Chad has a voice with all the appeal of nails on a blackboard (while they can be annoying at point, I generally disagree with that statement: I've heard far worse vocals than those by Chad). About the only serious thing against them I agree with is that they don't appear to be that great live, but you could say that about quite a few otherwise great bands, so I don't hold that against them.
26.04.2013 - 16:39
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish
Yes, they're one of the blandest bands in existence. I just think it's interesting that they can inspire so much dislike and hatred. I can't imagine getting all riled up over (or having any intense feelings whatsoever for) Nickelback. Anyway, the "haters" seem to be much more emotionally invested in the band than their fans are. Come to think of it, does anyone ever actually come out and say that they love Nickelback?

I actually like the vocal melody to the verses of... that one song. They're walking around in some hills, Chad is rockin' the acoustic...
01.06.2013 - 16:46
R Lewis
Written by Azarath on 26.04.2013 at 16:39

I actually like the vocal melody to the verses of... that one song. They're walking around in some hills, Chad is rockin' the acoustic...

I'd bet my arms that you were speaking 'bout:

----
We could be so much more than we are. Stop.
01.06.2013 - 20:16
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish
Written by R Lewis on 01.06.2013 at 16:46

Written by Azarath on 26.04.2013 at 16:39

I'd bet my arms that you were speaking 'bout:

*snip*

That's the one. I couldn't really be bothered to look it up at the time, and "that one song" also works as a "Nickelback songs all sound pretty much the same, so it's hard to remember what they're called" comment.

But yeah, that's a fine vocal melody.
17.02.2017 - 10:34
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
Anyone listened to the new song released a couple of weeks ago? I reckon it's a very good song.
----
18.12.2017 - 20:57
Metren
Dreadrealm
Written by Ace Frawley on 17.02.2017 at 10:34

Anyone listened to the new song released a couple of weeks ago? I reckon it's a very good song.

You mean "Must Be Nice"? It's an OK song at best, but it does debunk the rather bizarre claim that they are sellouts. Heavy music isn't exactly popular in the mainstream nowadays, but Nickleback have become heavier. I don't care for their songwriting, but I do at least respect them for that.
----
My one-man project's Bandcamp with free downloads: https://dreadrealm.bandcamp.com/
19.12.2017 - 05:57
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
Written by Metren on 18.12.2017 at 20:57

Written by Ace Frawley on 17.02.2017 at 10:34

You mean "Must Be Nice"? It's an OK song at best, but it does debunk the rather bizarre claim that they are sellouts. Heavy music isn't exactly popular in the mainstream nowadays, but Nickleback have become heavier. I don't care for their songwriting, but I do at least respect them for that.

No, I was talking about the song "Feed the Machine" which, to my ears, is a very good song.
----
03.02.2019 - 21:05
Chyna Rose
I have heard several comments from different people that they think Nickle Back sucks---I personally like them, I think their music is okay..They are not my favorite, but, I can listen to them and not cringe..
----
-ain't skeerd-
07.09.2022 - 16:56
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Nickelback Announces Get Rollin' Album Details, Shares New Single 'San Quentin'

01. San Quentin
02. Skinny Little Missy
03. Those Days
04. High Time
05. Vegas Bomb
06. Tidal Wave
07. Does Heaven Even Know You're Missing?
08. Steel Still Rusts
09. Horizon
10. Standing In The Dark
11. Just One More
12. High Time (Acoustic) *
13. Does Heaven Even Know You're Missing? (Acoustic) *
14. Just One More (Acoustic) *
15. Horizon (Acoustic) *

----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
07.09.2022 - 16:58
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Not bad, for nu metal, but who knows maybe be bigger hit post nu something
----

apos;'
[image]
07.09.2022 - 18:21
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
contributor
Tbh I've never been a fan of Nickleback myself, but I understood there popularity back in their day was often a gateway into more heavier stuff for some, much like Linkin Park was. To my knowledge some people got into alternative metal through bands like Nickleback, so I suppose I should be grateful for that at least.
07.09.2022 - 18:54
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by AndyMetalFreak on 07.09.2022 at 18:21

Tbh I've never been a fan of Nickleback myself, but I understood there popularity back in their day was often a gateway into more heavier stuff for some, much like Linkin Park was. To my knowledge some people got into alternative metal through bands like Nickleback, so I suppose I should be grateful for that at least.

I liked one or 2 videos, otherwise I never been fan of this band
----

apos;'
[image]
14.09.2022 - 18:40
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Nickelback - San Quentin (Official Music Video)

----

apos;'
[image]
07.10.2022 - 14:42
Bad English
Tage Westerlund

Not impressed
----

apos;'
[image]