Lots of metal Heads feel that this genre has
nothing to offer, that it is unintelegent and
without feeling, that it's all about smokin'
joints and gang wars.

But others may realize that rap and metal
arn't so different after all. Just look at
How Public Enemy Did a Song with Anthrax,
It's simple, both metal and rap can tend to have
rebelious and politically themed music. (punk to actually)
They both can indicate Drug problems and spiritual
Awareness.

For me, Rap is my favorite Genre of Music second
only to metal (Of Course!) Because I feel, well......
Pretty much the same as how I explained on the previous
Paragraph. It's intelligent, Political and for the most part
rebellious music. It also sounds good to me, If it's a good
M.C., the words flow like water with the Beat in the background.

So, what about you, is it stupid to you?
Do just not like the Sound?
Or maby you Love the sound,
and hey, do you relate to it?

Go Forth and Tell me!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: If you're going to critisize this genre of Music in any Negative way, Please make sure you critisize it with some inteligence. Statements like "The Only Good Rapper is a dead one," WILL BE MARKED AS A SPAM POST!!!
So please, remember that, and we're cool
16.08.2015 - 04:08
JayMo4

Written by Rog-Mothoth on 17.11.2014 at 05:18
Anybody here into Run the Jewels?

Love those guys. Killer Mike is a bright dude, too. I've seen him go on political talk shows and hold his own and then some.
23.05.2016 - 05:17
Frank Comstock

Anybody into Jedi Mind Tricks? Either that, or Canibus' Rip The Jacker, which is an insane album.
----
"You travel within the glory of my memories, insect. I can feel your fear as you tread the endless expanse of my mind. Make yourself comfortable... before long I will decorate my home with your carcass."
02.06.2016 - 09:45
Ganondox

People keep talking about how nu metal got them into metal, but if anything nu metal has got me more into hip-hop as I was into traditional heavy metal before nu metal and I didn't like ANY hip-hop. Now I've concluded Death Grips, Macklemore, Eyedea & Abilities, The Roots/Questlove and Tech N9ne are pretty dope.
29.06.2022 - 20:44
Joppe
Steelemeister
Recent times got me in to rap when, as apparently others too have pointed out elsewhere, rap has started to go back to its roots, to commenting the system and its issues. Mainstream rap and hip hop culture always looked meaningless to me, however when the lyrics and song topics are about something that would facilitate positive changes on the society and hence affect people's lives for the better, the genre suddenly has a lot meaning to it. And as a popular and mainstream type of genre it would reach a lot of people, especially the younger generations who don't listen to boomer genres like myself. I don't wanna strain my brain more this time to think something else to write, I might continue on a later occasion because I got something more in store.

I'm just gonna leave this one song which is one of my favorites recently, of course it's a parody and it has truth as well.

----
My vision is augmented
03.08.2022 - 15:08
Metal Rasputin

I used to really dislike rap. Around where I lived my youth nobody really listened to that kind of stuff, as a metalhead it wasn't socially acceptable anyway. I found rap just recently when I tried to refresh my mind and beat my own prejudices by listening to something completely out of my comfort zone, and got introduced to the experimental hiphop and rap scene, now that's something else. Also, the classic gangsta rap and jazz rap are great stuff, especially the ones with more meaningful lyrics, political, religious or whatever, as long as it's saying something, anything. The way I see it now, there's shitloads of good rap out there, but the stuff I really don't like mostly consists of a tiny crappy minority that dominates the mainstream mass media, same goes with basically any genre I've ever considered "lame".
----
You've got a lot of guts. Let's see what they look like!
03.08.2022 - 15:58
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
Written by Metal Rasputin on 03.08.2022 at 15:08

I used to really dislike rap. Around where I lived my youth nobody really listened to that kind of stuff, as a metalhead it wasn't socially acceptable anyway. I found rap just recently when I tried to refresh my mind and beat my own prejudices by listening to something completely out of my comfort zone, and got introduced to the experimental hiphop and rap scene, now that's something else. Also, the classic gangsta rap and jazz rap are great stuff, especially the ones with more meaningful lyrics, political, religious or whatever, as long as it's saying something, anything. The way I see it now, there's shitloads of good rap out there, but the stuff I really don't like mostly consists of a tiny crappy minority that dominates the mainstream mass media, same goes with basically any genre I've ever considered "lame".

I've never really been into rap myself, but I do appreciate it's origins for what it's worth, and I do understand that rapping takes a degree of talent to master, I mean I certainly can't rhyme at that speed. But rap certainly isn't what it used to be, not the mainstream rubbish I often hear youngsters listen to nowadays anyway, most of it now is rhythmless and the lyrics don't make any sense to me at all, I believe it's misused and taken out of context nowadays, to me it seems like many youngsters use it to create some kind of macho image, but that's ok because some people would say the same about metal, satanic and violent lyrics and all that

The late 80's and early 90's hip hop I can sort of tolerate, some of the lyrics had true meaning, and could actually be quite poetic, and there was actually some decent beats tobthe music, it's just not something I have ever been into personally.
03.08.2022 - 19:24
Metal Rasputin

Written by AndyMetalFreak on 03.08.2022 at 15:58

not the mainstream rubbish I often hear youngsters listen to nowadays anyway, most of it now is rhythmless and the lyrics don't make any sense to me at all,

+1.

100% agree, I have seriously doubted my own ears and sanity after having to listen to this mainstream rap stuff kids love these days, there's barely anything musical in it, no rhythm, no meaningful lyrics or sometimes even chords or chord changes. The classic 90's rap albums are like works of Bach or Mozart compared to this garbage, at least in my opinion.
----
You've got a lot of guts. Let's see what they look like!
29.09.2022 - 10:46
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Coolio: Gangsta's Paradise rapper dead at 59

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-63070138

I watch 80's USA b level films, there is some cool hip hop, underground one, but thats my fav all time fav hip hop song whit Everlast white thrash beautiful
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
29.09.2022 - 11:08
JoHn Doe

Written by Bad English on 29.09.2022 at 10:46

I watch 80's USA b level films, there is some cool hip hop, underground one, but thats my fav all time fav hip hop song whit Everlast white thrash beautiful

You could not escape this song back in the day, it got annoying really fast. Then you hear the original sampled song by Stevie Wonder and realize the Coolio song was just lazy songwriting, if one can call it that.
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
29.09.2022 - 11:11
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by JoHn Doe on 29.09.2022 at 11:08

Written by Bad English on 29.09.2022 at 10:46

You could not escape this song back in the day, it got annoying really fast. Then you hear the original sampled song by Stevie Wonder and realize the Coolio song was just lazy songwriting, if one can call it that.

Is it cover
----

apos;'
[image]
29.09.2022 - 11:15
JoHn Doe

Written by Bad English on 29.09.2022 at 11:11

Is it cover

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0S4SiLxt1s
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
29.09.2022 - 11:27
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by JoHn Doe on 29.09.2022 at 11:15

Written by Bad English on 29.09.2022 at 11:11

Is it cover

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0S4SiLxt1s

cool song I did not knew about it
----

apos;'
[image]
04.03.2023 - 23:53
Joppe
Steelemeister

A good summation of many of the indoctrinations that are going on today. Who would have foreseen Robert Malone in a music video I was thinking of making a similar song myself, but I am not as good a rapper as Hi-Rez so I might utilize my abilities to some other avenues.
----
My vision is augmented