Metal Storm logo
Ideas and suggestions

Original post

Posted by BitterCOld, 24.08.2011 - 20:00
Post yer ideas, thoughts, and suggestions for the website here. thanks.
15.01.2022 - 15:00
doez
Hallucigenia
It would be prety cool to be able to suggest genre changes on the album page (in the edit menu for example) instead of having to go to a special thread
15.01.2022 - 15:20
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by doez on 15.01.2022 at 15:00

It would be prety cool to be able to suggest genre changes on the album page (in the edit menu for example) instead of having to go to a special thread

If you have no album edit pemrs due com points it might work,
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
15.01.2022 - 16:27
Starvynth
i c deaf people
Written by doez on 15.01.2022 at 15:00

I get your point, but I think it's good how it is.

The edit menu should be used to report obvious mistakes (typos, wrong track orders, postponed release dates, etc.) and omissions (eg. missing cover artworks), and these matters usually require no further debates as long as a trustworthy source is provided.
Genre definitions, on the other hand, may depend on individual perception and personal opinions. The decision as to whether an album belongs to one genre or the other should therefore not be left to just two users who determine everything behind locked doors and in camera.

However, you can also discuss the genre on the album page. Sooner or later, someone with the necessary permissions will stumble upon your comment, listen to the album, discuss it with the rest of the team if necessary, and correct the genre accordingly.

@BE: your "If you have no album edit pemrs due com points it might work" makes no sense and it doesn't really help either. Please refrain from responding to user suggestions if incomprehensible nonsense is all you have to contribute.
----
signatures = SPAM
16.01.2022 - 10:44
doez
Hallucigenia
Written by Starvynth on 15.01.2022 at 16:27

Genre definitions, on the other hand, may depend on individual perception and personal opinions. The decision as to whether an album belongs to one genre or the other should therefore not be left to just two users who determine everything behind locked doors and in camera.

Rym has an interesting solution for that, users can vote for which genre they think fits the most. I'd say it could be a pretty good way of deciding genre. When you go in the edit menu of an album you could vote for a genre you think fits most and maybe with enough votes a genre can become the one on the release. And if the admins disagree they could just change it to whatever they think fits best.