02. Dvorzhetskii's Prophecy
03. Osiris 1
04. The Quantum Barrier Code Interpretation By Mainframe
05. Polymorphic Infection : Releasing Proteus
06. X-Karna : Activated
07. The Nullification Method : Oni Vs. Proteus
08. Decoded : Karnosiris
09. The Collapse Of Q-Web And Osiris 1

"Imagine that: A human built creation that surpasses its masters and enslaves them! Pretty freaking original now, isn't it? Whaat?! Frankenstein, Terminator and Matrix already exploited the theme? Nonsense, we have an original idea and we shall stick to it."

That's pretty much how I imagined the brainstorm went in creating this concept album. It is filled with narrative parts that are supposed to draw you in and make each song the soundtrack of the events put forward by that charming robot lady, but it does the exact opposites. It gets on your nerve, cuts you from the song you were enjoying and forces you to listen to that boring recording of a boring story. And just as you are about to hit that skip button, the next track kicks in and cools you down.

Now that we are done with the bad part, we can concentrate on the fun parts and the actual music found on there. And believe me there is plenty of fun and music to be had here. We've got some blues, rock, techno (not versed in the genre so I couldn't tell you what kind), ambient, death and a whole lot more styles crammed together in one amazing work of art. How Vishall manages to incorporate all those eclectic musical influences into one song and make everything flow together so smoothly never cease to impress. For those who heard Abolishing the Obsolete System, you'll be impressed on how mature and varied The Quantum Hack Code sounds in comparison. It is smoother, incorporates more styles, and focuses a lot more on the atmosphere built in each of the songs.

So to sum it up, it is a wonderful album made by talented musicians that have a very unique and creative approach to music, but those spoken words truly get in the way of full immersion.

Written by Edmund Fogg | 05.02.2012

Guest review disclaimer:
This is a guest review, which means it does not necessarily represent the point of view of the MS Staff.

Comments

Comments: 6   Visited by: 49 users
06.02.2012 - 00:41
Edmund Fogg

Here it is folks. My first drop of contribution in the ocean of guest reviews. Enjoy
----
You cannot sedate all the things you hate - MM
The Observer is the source of reality - Bloom
God damn it!! What did Diddy didn't do? - Satan
06.02.2012 - 00:51
Milena
gloom cookie
Written by Edmund Fogg on 06.02.2012 at 00:41

Here it is folks. My first drop of contribution in the ocean of guest reviews. Enjoy

*enjoyed it*
I usually like reading longer stuff but this was fine too.
----
7.0 means the album is good
06.02.2012 - 02:10
Edmund Fogg

Yeah, I thought ot would be too short too, but everytime I tried to describe how each element came to complete the other, I just lost myself in words and couldn't find the right structure. So I decided to play it safe. Next time I think I'll take on something easier to describe.
----
13.03.2012 - 06:02
cb_kinetic

This review is very good, it would be hard to explain what goes on in this album.

I thoroughly enjoyed it - I would recommend listening to this in the one sitting if possible, you get a far greater experience.
I honestly didn't mind the narrations either, I thought they were good.
13.03.2012 - 20:03
Edmund Fogg

Thx. Honestly, I don't think the review is that good, not enough description, no references to particular songs etc. But yeah this album, just like any concept album is meant to be heard in one sitting.
----
14.03.2012 - 00:57
cb_kinetic

Well you could always rewrite I suppose ?

I thought that it starts off pretty strong (first 3 tracks), but starts to wane a little in the middle (not in a bad way, you sort of just sit back and listen), but as soon as you hit Track 6 it pulls you back in until the end (imo).

Hits total: 3168 | This month: 4