Metal Storm logo
Alrakis

05.07.2012 - 01:48
InnerSelf
proofread free
Darkspace gave us the horrifying aspect of space, Monolithe gave us the inhuman bleak aspect of space but Alrakis interpreted space in a whole another way. Alpha Eri is calm and beautiful, it's soothing and trance inducing. Alpha Eri is a journey ...

Was going through their last.fm page and saw a link to clip of what's apparently a preview of the sophomore (and that's why I created this topic in the first place)

----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
05.07.2012 - 01:53
InnerSelf
proofread free
Here's a full new track

This is the kind of synth driven music I go apeshit for
----
is not bold enough
05.07.2012 - 13:03
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by InnerSelf on 05.07.2012 at 01:48

Darkspace gave us the horrifying aspect of space, Monolithe gave us the inhuman bleak aspect of space but Alrakis interpreted space in a whole another way.

Most weirdest opening post in tread I ever read in MS

Band is good I like music, pretty interesting
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
05.07.2012 - 17:27
InnerSelf
proofread free
Written by Bad English on 05.07.2012 at 13:03

Most weirdest opening post in tread I ever read in MS
Band is good I like music, pretty interesting

A good thing I guess
glad you liked the music
----
is not bold enough
05.07.2012 - 22:44
The Turbanator
Ha. wouldn't compare them to Darkspace but their ambient sounds are definitely the same.

Also, is the band really blackgaze? Thought it should be Ambient BM. His "Alpha Eri" album is my top 5 favorite last year. Very well done.
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
05.07.2012 - 23:01
InnerSelf
proofread free
Written by The Turbanator on 05.07.2012 at 22:44

Ha. wouldn't compare them to Darkspace but their ambient sounds are definitely the same.

Also, is the band really blackgaze? Thought it should be Ambient BM. His "Alpha Eri" album is my top 5 favorite last year. Very well done.

Wasn't commparing them with Darkspace at all, just pointing out that the bands I mentioned all share the same theme with almost totally different approaches.
And yes, I would say it's Blackgaze, the tremolo picking and the layering and the overall atmosphere is close to shoegaze.
----
is not bold enough
05.07.2012 - 23:05
The Turbanator
Written by InnerSelf on 05.07.2012 at 23:01

Written by The Turbanator on 05.07.2012 at 22:44

Wasn't commparing them with Darkspace at all, just pointing out that the bands I mentioned all share the same theme with almost totally different approaches.
And yes, I would say it's Blackgaze, the tremolo picking and the layering and the overall atmosphere is close to shoegaze.

Hmm.. what other artist will you say is Blackgaze? this genre is new to me.
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
05.07.2012 - 23:17
InnerSelf
proofread free
Written by The Turbanator on 05.07.2012 at 23:05

Verwustung, Alcest, Lantlos (the latest album), Woods of Desolation have some Shoegaze tendencies ... the genre is kinda new but it got boring fast (at least for me), some bands still offer some interesting material but most bands adopting this Atmo-black/Shoegaze sound are just redoing the same damn thing.
----
is not bold enough
05.07.2012 - 23:20
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff

Check some stuff here! (All of them are related to Black Metal except one or two bands though.

I voted for Alrakis. Fantastic album.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
06.07.2012 - 06:57
The Turbanator
Written by X-Ray Rod on 05.07.2012 at 23:20

Check some stuff here! (All of them are related to Black Metal except one or two bands though.

I voted for Alrakis. Fantastic album.

Beautiful. Cheers buddy.
----
06.07.2012 - 07:07
The Turbanator
Written by InnerSelf on 05.07.2012 at 23:17

Verwustung, Alcest, Lantlos (the latest album), Woods of Desolation have some Shoegaze tendencies ... the genre is kinda new but it got boring fast (at least for me), some bands still offer some interesting material but most bands adopting this Atmo-black/Shoegaze sound are just redoing the same damn thing.

Hmm most of them have atmo-black elements in them.. but like I said it's a new genre for me.
----
06.07.2012 - 17:37
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by The Turbanator on 06.07.2012 at 07:07
Hmm most of them have atmo-black elements in them.. but like I said it's a new genre for me.

All of them have atmo-black metal elements... some are just more obvious than others. The genre itself is simply a mix of shoegaze and atmospheric black metal, and as pointed out before, when it was new and fresh, it was exciting. But with such an influx of these bands all repeating the same formula in such a limited amount of time, the style got boring fast.

I foresee the same problem occurring with djent.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
06.07.2012 - 22:08
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Troy Killjoy on 06.07.2012 at 17:37
I foresee the same problem occurring with djent.

Hmmmm, don't believe so. Compared to Blackgaze, Djent has far more stuff to work with. It's a limited niche indeed... but nowhere near as much as Blackgaze imo.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.