Metal Storm logo
Purtenance - Announce New Album, Streaming New Song

The second album from Finland's death metallers Purtenance is finished and will be released through Xtreem Music on October 1st, with a vinyl version to follow in November. After 2012's comeback EP Sacrifice The King, the band added second guitarist Ville Nokelainen to the fold and entered the studio in the spring of 2013 to record this new album entitled Awaken From Slumber. Lucky for you, the new song "Hour Of The Cannibal" is already available for streaming here.

Xtreem Music comments: "For those who expect a Member... II, they won't find it here. That album was done over 20 years ago with a different line up. The Awaken From Slumber album shows the heaviest and darkest side of the band. This is how Purtenance sounds 2013! A fucking crushing, heavy and gloomy death metal with inhuman brutal vocals. Those who weren't satisfied with their previous EP should give it a listen to this new album cos they'll be gladly surprised!"

Awaken From Slumber tracklist:

01. Intro
02. Hatred
03. What Was Hidden
04. Toxic Death
05. Field Of Terror
06. Vaikka Paahtuisin Tulessa
07. End For The Parasites (Called Humankind)
08. Hour Of The Cannibal
09. Temptation Of Suicide
10. Risen From Grave
11. Endless Abyss (Outro)

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Purtenance
Posted: 11.09.2013 by Cynic Metalhead

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 15 users
11.09.2013 - 15:32
Sean 79
Looking forward to this. Had Member of Immortal Damnation on the other day and realized that even with some sloppy playing in parts, it kicks the ass off anything released in the last couple of years.
11.09.2013 - 16:50
garmling
Account deleted
This is too good for words! A class doomy death metal! This heavy sound suits it well!
11.09.2013 - 19:05
nille
My God!!
11.09.2013 - 19:06
nille
I'm in love with *Purtenance*
I like the album is strong Member of Immortal Damnation..

Hits total: 2212 | This month: 7