Metal Storm logo
Leviathan - USBM

Original post

Posted by Empty Spaces, 20.05.2006 - 23:00
Here's this thread again. Leviathan is one of my favorite black metal bands. Wrest is the only member in this band. I love the vocals. I really like The Tenth Sublevel of Suicide and Tentacles of Whorror and I recently bought the Leviathan/Sapthuran split and I think it's pretty good.

MP3s:

From The Tenth Sublevel of Suicide: "Fucking Your Ghost in Chains of Ice" http://moribundcult.com/mp3/dead43.mp3

From Tentacles of Whoror: "Cut With the Night, Into My Hear"
http://moribundcult.com/mp3/dead52.mp3
16.05.2008 - 12:15
Cocacolacowboy
Account deleted
*Bump*

I Really like Leviathan alot. "Howl Mockery at the cross" is just a vicious,noisy album,technically its not a proper album,but who cares? good stuff.i really like The the music/bands Wrest is involved in.

BTW anyone hear Leviathan covering "my war" by Black Flag?
24.02.2009 - 00:37
Galar
Wicked Mung
Hehehe I know so much more about Mr. Whitehead and Leviathan than most of/all of you! He is good friends with the grounds keeper at my school(whom I am great friends with), and he did the soundtrack for his movie. Also he did a number of my friends tattoos, and I have a picture of him without corpsepaint if anyone is curious!
----
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID, SUCK A DICK
24.02.2009 - 00:55
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Galar on 24.02.2009 at 00:37

Hehehe I know so much more about Mr. Whitehead and Leviathan than most of/all of you! He is good friends with the grounds keeper at my school(whom I am great friends with), and he did the soundtrack for his movie. Also he did a number of my friends tattoos, and I have a picture of him without corpsepaint if anyone is curious!

So you knwo Wrest? Cool. Nope, this was meant totally seriously. I love his artwork.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

24.02.2009 - 01:49
Galar
Wicked Mung
Written by Blood Red Moon on 24.02.2009 at 01:03

Doesn't he live on the opposite side of the country for you, you know him personally or just through the internets? because any of the people on this forum could secretly be any musician and I could claim to know them. For Example I am Bruce Dickinson . Now you know me.

He lives in Cali. Has his own tattoo shop, and is a former professional skateboarder and he is an incredible artist. I do not know him personally, but my friend has been great friends with him for 20+ years. This picture was taken a few years ago when he came up to visit and was taken at the Salem cemetery in Massachusetts (Left Bruce, Right Wrest) http://picasaweb.google.com/Slayerized666/JeffWhitehead?feat=directlink#5306140908642601906 . Also he did the soundtrack for my friend Bruce's movie http://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=51fe134aea&view=att&th=11fa58807eea4417&attid=0.1&disp=inline&zw
----
24.02.2009 - 01:52
Galar
Wicked Mung
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 24.02.2009 at 00:55

So you knwo Wrest? Cool. Nope, this was meant totally seriously. I love his artwork.

He is an incredible artist. He designs skateboard designs and is a painter, and tattooer among other things.
----
24.02.2009 - 01:52
Galar
Wicked Mung
The movie is called "The Buissness" and there is even and IMDB for it.
----
24.02.2009 - 02:31
Galar
Wicked Mung
Written by Blood Red Moon on 24.02.2009 at 02:27

Written by Galar on 24.02.2009 at 01:49

Written by Blood Red Moon on 24.02.2009 at 01:03

Doesn't he live on the opposite side of the country for you, you know him personally or just through the internets? because any of the people on this forum could secretly be any musician and I could claim to know them. For Example I am Bruce Dickinson . Now you know me.

He lives in Cali. Has his own tattoo shop, and is a former professional skateboarder and he is an incredible artist. I do not know him personally, but my friend has been great friends with him for 20+ years. This picture was taken a few years ago when he came up to visit and was taken at the Salem cemetery in Massachusetts (Left Bruce, Right Wrest) http://picasaweb.google.com/Slayerized666/JeffWhitehead?feat=directlink#5306140908642601906 . Also he did the soundtrack for my friend Bruce's movie http://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=51fe134aea&view=att&th=11fa58807eea4417&attid=0.1&disp=inline&zw

Do you know what tattoo shop is his? Where it is or what it's called?

When I see my buddy tomorrow I can ask for you.
----
25.02.2009 - 09:53
Brain Deth
Account deleted
My best friend tattoos and was going to the store where Whitehead worked, but discovered Jeff left due to some personal problems. It's good to know he has his own shop now.
04.04.2009 - 00:44
Damnated
Churchburner
what are you saying, that he was awrested?
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
04.04.2009 - 07:31
Galar
Wicked Mung
Written by Blood Red Moon on 03.04.2009 at 23:54

One of my friends just texted me and claims that Jef Whitehead is in prison now? I can't find this anywhere on the internet and I don't know what the hell his source is, i think most of his information he makes up . If anybody knows if this is bogus or not let me know?

I discovered that his source is Wikipedia, which it does say so. But any source or truth would be appreciated.

Not possible for him to be in prison, as he is in New Hampshire this weekend with my buddy Bruce. I think he's doing some tattoo clinic, and he's crashing at bruce's new hampshire crib.
----
04.04.2009 - 08:07
Hellkommando
I am a big fan of Wrest's stuff both Leviathan and Lurker Of Chalice, the sound and atmosphere he creates is great.

But yeah it is a wikipedia entry about him being in prison, nice to know that he isn't though according to Galar.
----

Formerly Desolate Gale
05.04.2010 - 15:12
TheBigRossowski
Written by Galar on 24.02.2009 at 01:52

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 24.02.2009 at 00:55

He is an incredible artist. He designs skateboard designs and is a painter, and tattooer among other things.

Looks like he has a tattoo for Foundation Skateboards on his hand. It's the moon and star. I would rather say it has religious implications, but from the "scruffy" look (from the picture anyways), it's bound to be from Foundation. Besides...you wrote that he used to skate.

I actually downloaded Massive Conspiracy... awhile back and JUST realized that ALL the titles are wrong. WTF?

Sacred Scars? Last Breath of Expiation? Huh?
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
15.04.2010 - 22:19
TheBigRossowski
...or maybe it's just the moon from his design. Ah, fuck it, let's go bowling.

Anyone think we might live to see another Leviathan release? Just checked out some older material and it was pretty bad ass too.
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
22.04.2010 - 22:41
Got Mayhem?
One of the better USBM bands out there. I think I'm enjoying Lurker of Chalice a bit more at the moment but this band is still enjoyable, raw black metal from the States.
----
23.04.2010 - 02:30
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Think I prefer the Swedish Leviathan to the US though it's been a while since I've listened to them. Must remember to get hold of their album again.
27.04.2010 - 01:44
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Ok , I'm finaly re-listening to The Tenth Sub Level of Suicide and Tentacles of Whorror, I'm hoping to hear good things this time round because it seems that's the consensus with these releases that I missed out on (about 5 years ago).
15.05.2010 - 18:25
Got Mayhem?
I have yet to listen through Tentacles of Whorror, but The Tenth Sub Level of Suicide was a very good release. Massive Conspiracy Against All Life was very reminiscent of a less technical Deathspell Omega to me. At the moment I think Leviathan, Weakling, and WitTR are my top USBM bands.
----
11.07.2012 - 03:13
Oaken
Hipster
I quite like Massive Conspiracy... , but personally I think it pales in comparison to Lurker Of Chalice.
----
In that case, man is only air as well.
27.12.2017 - 04:38
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Wrest's Top albums of 2017.

I. Sabbat of Behezaël
II. Sulphurous Temple
III. Pestilential Rites of Infernal Fornication
IV. Deus Salutis Meæ
V. Eschalon Mémoire
VI. Exuvia
VII. Drift Into My Palace of Terror
VIII. Spiritual Bloodshed
IX. Holókauston
X. V:The Inside Scriptures
XI. Horizonless
XII. Extermination Mass
XIII. Hate Invocation
19.06.2018 - 00:29
Leviathan = The best Black Metal project from America
31.01.2019 - 20:18
LuciferOfGayness
Account deleted
2018:

"Here's the records from 2018 that I think will stand the test of time.
Titles only? it will force people to research and find these gems themselves?
Hailsz,
W.:.
- Hekatomb
- Disinterred Horror
- Credo
- Mandy (score)
- Antimoshiach
- Ancient Records comp II
- Ion
- The Incubus of Karma
- Deep Blood
- Sinister, O.T.D.P.