04. Rotting As One
05. Stronghold
06. Patriarchal Grip
07. Lost Forever
08. Flamethrower
09. Grotesque Operations

Additional info
Label: Relapse Records

Produced by Ryan Bram at Homewrecker Studios.
Mixed by Kurt Ballou at God City Studios.

Found in 3 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 5   Visited by: 192 users
16.02.2018 - 18:42
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Nightjar Illustration (Adam Burke) is one of the best in the business right now.
17.02.2018 - 06:13
Joe Zombie
Finally this band gets added. For fans of Bolt Thrower and the like.
06.06.2018 - 00:42
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Pretty sick death metal, nothing too complex or original but it gets the job done and is a real banger
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
12.07.2024 - 08:12
Rating: 7
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
Contributor
After listening to Dark Superstition and not thinking that highly of it despite it's very positive ratings I thought I'd go back to this and see if there's something in this band I'm missing. I marginally prefer this to their latest, but other than the the song "Flamethrower" nothing else really wows me, it's decent OSDM, with a great sound and a few wicked grooves (I particularly like the drumming), but there's nothing much here that really grips me.

I can understand the high praise they've been receiving, they kinda have this Obituary with a few hints of Bolt Thrower thing going on, which is a solid concoction on paper, but unfortunately it doesn't quite match the standards I expect in the end. Amazing cover-art though!
12.07.2024 - 10:47
Cynic Metalhead
Ambrish Saxena
Written by AndyMetalFreak on 12.07.2024 at 08:12

it's decent OSDM, with a great sound and a few wicked grooves (I particularly like the drumming), but there's nothing much here that really grips me.

That's Gatecreeper for us. Even though originality will be the least anyone can ever found in their albums, but they execute it good. You can't go bonkers over anyone of the record, all sound same-y and familiar.

I haven't listened to latest album, but knowing Gatecreeper all in my stride, it wouldn't make any difference. Will spin soon.

Hits total: 2211 | This month: 15