Metal Storm logo
Conception - Release Re-Recorded Version Of 'Roll The Fire' Song

The hit single from 1993's Parallel Minds album, "Roll The Fire", gets new life from Conception as they release a re-recording and video for the song. The song will be included in the bands forthcoming deluxe version of the album State Of Deception, which was released in April, 2020.

Guitarist Tore Østby says about the song: "Roll The Fire" gave us an immense kick when we wrote it back in 1993, so it was really exciting to develop, reshape and adapt it for 2021. We’re thrilled about how this brand new version turned out - not just with the new elements, but also generally a much heavier and rawer approach. We are super proud of it!"

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Conception
Posted: 15.10.2021 by WorpeX

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   Visited by: 42 users
15.10.2021 - 10:30
qlacs
"The Quaker"
Doesn't seem necessary... a remaster of original record would've done just fine.
----
15.10.2021 - 12:00
Ag1975

A fantastic as well as underrated band. The original version is superb. This new version is interesting, maybe not necessary, but worth listening
15.10.2021 - 14:27
JoHn Doe

Written by qlacs on 15.10.2021 at 10:30

Doesn't seem necessary... a remaster of original record would've done just fine.

true
but I still enjoyed the new version
It did the trick i believe, I am listening to Parallel Minds album now.
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
15.10.2021 - 20:35
WorpeX
Made of Metal
Written by qlacs on 15.10.2021 at 10:30

I usually agree that re-recordings are pointless, but I think the reunited Conception needed a way to tie their legacy into their present. I think this song does that perfectly as its the most recognizable song from their early years. I think they did a nice job of bringing it into their current sound and I'm sure it'll be a staple in their live sets!
18.10.2021 - 05:31
Pablo

They should have written straightforward songs like this for the new album. 'Miss the old Conception.
18.10.2021 - 14:58
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Norvegian evergrey twin? I do not know this band, song is not so good as I exepted. But same time not sa bad. I need listen to first 2 albums
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
18.10.2021 - 15:24
JoHn Doe

Written by Bad English on 18.10.2021 at 14:58

Norvegian evergrey twin? I do not know this band, song is not so good as I exepted. But same time not sa bad. I need listen to first 2 albums

Evergrey twin?! More like older brother, as Conception precedes Evergrey by 7-8 years.
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.

Hits total: 599 | This month: 5