Metal Storm logo
On Thorns I Lay - Part Ways With Vocalist, Introduce Replacement

Doom metal operatives On Thorns I Lay have parted ways with their longtime vocalist Stefanos Kintzoglou. At the same time, the Greek collective welcome Petros Miliadis as the new permanent replacement.

Statement from the band: "After 29 years, we would like to inform you that Stefanos Kintzoglou is no more the singer of On Thorns I Lay for personal reasons. We would like to thank him for his offer all these years and wish him the best for the future.

"The band is in its most creative period, with a strong line up, so it continues stronger than ever with a new album that will be released in a few months and many live appearances across Europe and Greece.

"So… please give a warm welcome to our new frontman Mr. Petros Miliadis! You can get a small taste of the vocal recordings in the video below… See you soon."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: On Thorns I Lay
Posted: 23.11.2021 by steliosd

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 3   Visited by: 67 users
23.11.2021 - 19:36
Khold Baroness
" Most creative period "?!! That means it wasn't in 29 years ?!!! 😱🥵🥵🤔🤔🤔🤔
24.11.2021 - 07:22
BCI
Written by Khold Baroness on 23.11.2021 at 19:36

Yea mate, announcement didn't make much sense. It seems like it's been written in Greek and then translated to English using Google translate 🤣
The first 2 sentences trigger my OCD big time! 😳
----
Black Crown Initiate have ruined a lot of bands for me...
24.11.2021 - 20:04
Written by BCI on 24.11.2021 at 07:22

Written by Khold Baroness on 23.11.2021 at 19:36

Yea mate, announcement didn't make much sense. It seems like it's been written in Greek and then translated to English using Google translate 🤣
The first 2 sentences trigger my OCD big time! 😳

This is a subtle way of promoting their new music. I don't think it is a translation mistake or something. Bands tend to hype and overestimate their new albums to boost sales. Literally every band does it. These guys chose their words a bit more subtle, implying that since they are in their 'most creative period', the material that will come out will live up to such expectations. Read between the lines.

There is a glimmer of truth in this since the last 2 albums were pretty solid stuff, much better than their mid period.

Hits total: 1100 | This month: 9