01. Shout
02. Sons Of A Lie
03. Bite The Fire
04. The Healer
05. Never Forget
06. Set Me Free
07. Memories
08. The Last Night

“Heavy metal has more than 50 years and many, many subgenres. It is very difficult to innovate and have your own identity. All in all, what matters is that your music excites, shocks and makes you wanna headbang. That’s our only ambition.”

I read the above statement by drummer and founding member, Jaime Susanna, in an older interview while searching for information on Rave In Fire. The Spaniards are on a mission to excite and, while doing that, they don’t hide their influences, but they also don’t sound like a watered down version of any known band. They are talented musicians and they make catchy heavy metal. You know, the kind that makes you feel good and brings a smile to your face. The kind that doesn’t overstay its welcome. The kind of heavy metal that incorporates the uplifting, sing-along qualities of hard rock and isn’t afraid to show some love for glam either.

The debut LP Sons Of A Lie is certainly an improvement on their debut EP Chronicle Of A Timeless End. The new singer Selene Perdiguero is fantastic and brings a strong touch of Warlock to the Judas Priest-loving type of music. Said music is also better composed and performed, the production is clearer and more polished, and the end product is more appealing and replayable. Tracks like “Shout”, “Bite The Fire”, and “Set Me Free” are sure to make a lasting impression on those who appreciate a nice ol’ metal riff and a good ol’ memorable chorus. “The Last Night” closes the album in a way that just reminds you of how good power ballads used to be; I just wish it was longer.

Sons Of A Lie is a metal paella made with classic heavy metal, hard rock, speed metal, and glam. It oozes ‘80s pizzazz and it’s very appreciative of all the greatness that once was, without sounding dated and tired. It is unlikely to change the face of music, but it will make your excitement levels rise high, which is exactly what the band’s intention was in the first place, if we are to believe the statement quoted at the beginning of this review. So, mission accomplished.

If you feast on this tasty Spanish dish just once, you will want to devour it repeatedly; just try not to stain your leather jacket while you’re at it.

“We move dancing with the shadows
We move to face the unknown
We bite the fire, restless in the night”

Written on 05.07.2022 by Only way to feel the noise is when it's good and loud!

Comments

Comments: 2   Visited by: 109 users
05.07.2022 - 10:37
Nejde
CommunityManager
Enjoyable album with very strong 80's feeling which is a good thing and the album cover is pretty cool too. I still prefer Stygian Oath though.
05.07.2022 - 10:58
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Quote:
oozes ‘80s pizzazz

Looks like you have some ouzo at home.
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing

Hits total: 1760 | This month: 11