Metal Storm logo
Kroda

26.11.2007 - 09:32
APOHAKC
The Bard
Great Ukrainian Blackish Folk Metal, fantastic melodies on traditional instruments, mixed with great semi-scream vocals, and thin guitars. Can't really think of a band creating similar atmosphere, Svarga maybe, definitely worth checking!

Discography:

"Towards the Firmaments Verge of Life... " 2005 CD
"Cry to Me, River..." 2005 CD
"Legend (And Poppy flowers are Blossoming)" 2005 split CD with OPRICH
"By A Hammer Of Spirit And Identity Of Blood" 2006 split CD with VELIMOR
"Cry to Me, River..." 2006 vinyl LP
"Fimbulvinter" 2007 CD
"Fimbulvinter" 2007 digi pack
"Cry to Me, River..." 2007 digi pack

Line up:

Eisenslav - vocals, bass, percussion, drymba (Volhv)
Viterzgir - back vocals, guitars, keyboards, sopilka, pipe, programming, trembita

Live members:

Serezhen - Guitar (Capitollium, Ruina)
Myhajlo - Bass (Ruina)
Vitalij Kashchin - Drums (ex-Molphar, Ruina)

http://kroda.com.ua/index2.php

?Де Вої Хоробрі Зустрінуться Знову... Слава Славјани!
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
26.11.2007 - 10:13
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I know them, but not good, I recognise name and some songs its all
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
31.08.2008 - 01:11
VELVET (O)
Account deleted
Good to see a thread on this band. Have only heard Fimbulvinter but it's an incredibly mature fusion of black metal and pagan folk. Found them on my neverending search for bands like early Wyrd and they have a vaguely similar style.

Recommended to anyone with an interest in quality, atmospheric black metal, Fimbulvinter is an ideal place to start.
31.08.2008 - 10:43
Sunioj
I didn't care much for their previous releases, but Fimbulwinter is a big exception.
31.08.2008 - 13:51
VPeter
Liked some songs of their myspace, then discoverd that they were a member of the"pagan"front and decided to never listen to them again.
01.09.2008 - 19:23
KryptoN
imperceptible
Written by Sunioj on 31.08.2008 at 10:43

I didn't care much for their previous releases, but Fimbulvinter is a big exception.

I agree, I mean the other releases were still good, especially the debut, but they were not really as solid in comparison and had a sort of amateur-like sound. Fimbulvinter is, as said, more mature and I'd say it's one of the best of its kind. It's one of my favorites of 2007. The Branikald cover also rules.

Written by VPeter on 31.08.2008 at 13:51

...then discoverd that they were a member of the"pagan"front and decided to never listen to them again.

Lol, who gives a shit. It's just music.
17.02.2009 - 21:19
Galar
Wicked Mung
They have done an epic cover of Burzum's Jesus Dod or however its spelled....it's on youtube, epic stuff!
----
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID, SUCK A DICK
17.02.2009 - 21:49
ForeverDarkWoods

Liked some songs of their myspace, then discoverd that they were a member of the"pagan"front and decided to never listen to them again.

Yeah, since people with a different opinion regarding politics than you have simply can't make good music right?

You could also download their stuff and as such "steal" their music just out of spite, and never buy any of their stuff.

You could be all "Haha nazi mutherfuckers I'm listening to your music but I'm still not paying you a dime 'cause you're fagoots".

I think Kroda are great, but I seem to have a weak spot for fruity ukrainian/russian campfire song styled folk nsbm.
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
- George W. Bush, ex-president of the United States of America
18.02.2009 - 01:38
ß
Problem?
Written by ForeverDarkWoods on 17.02.2009 at 21:49

Yeah, since people with a different opinion regarding politics than you have simply can't make good music right?

You could also download their stuff and as such "steal" their music just out of spite, and never buy any of their stuff.

You could be all "Haha nazi mutherfuckers I'm listening to your music but I'm still not paying you a dime 'cause you're fagoots".

I think Kroda are great, but I seem to have a weak spot for fruity ukrainian/russian campfire song styled folk nsbm.

I don't see any NS in Kroda's lyrics. As far as I'm aware Eisenslav and Viterzgir are of "NS" belief but they don't incorporate NS lyrics into Kroda.
----
My music blog - Updated regularly.
To live is to think - Cicero
18.02.2009 - 02:06
ForeverDarkWoods
Written by ß on 18.02.2009 at 01:38

I don't see any NS in Kroda's lyrics. As far as I'm aware Eisenslav and Viterzgir are of "NS" belief but they don't incorporate NS lyrics into Kroda.

Yeah that was mostly as a response to the guy that said he wouldn't listen to them since they were in the Pagan Front which is an NSBM organisation.

I like Kroda and listen to them anyway and I don't really give a fuck if they're NS or not.

The only ideologies I have any problems with in black metal is christianity (which I think is often fine in other metal) and blatant poserism.
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
- George W. Bush, ex-president of the United States of America
18.02.2009 - 02:17
Insineratehymn
Account deleted

That's about as silly as saying that you'll never listen to Slayer again simply because they wrote a song about the Holocaust.
18.02.2009 - 11:32
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
They are damn NS (the musicians), but the music is quite good and kinda unaffected by their political views (it is about Slavic paganism, NOT about Reich or something)...so something like Temnozor or Nokturnal Mortum

depends on each person if he/she wants to listen to music done by musicans who are (as people) dumb primitive racists calling for "raise of aryan glory of Slavic nation"
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

19.02.2009 - 19:57
VPeter

I never said it was bad it's just that I can't stand anything NS related, it goes against my own self, even if the music is good I still can't enjoy it. See it as a Christian who refuses to listen to Black Metal.
28.03.2009 - 18:50
Lord_Regnier
Written by [user id=5630] on 18.02.2009 at 02:17

That's about as silly as saying that you'll never listen to Slayer again simply because they wrote a song about the Holocaust.

Then this guy can't listen to Slayer, as they wrote a song about the holocaust (Angel Of Death).;D

AS for Kroda, I like the music but I dislike those voclas in Ukrainian.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
02.04.2009 - 00:30
T_s_T
One of the many good pagan bands spawned in Ukraine.The singing in Ukrainian just contributes to the atmosphere of every single song they do!Let's face it guys - ENGLISH isn't PAGAN!!!
08.04.2009 - 19:45
I didn't really care for their earlier material. However, the split album with Velimor and the Fimbulvinter album are mind numbingly good. In fact, '...Where Brave Warriors Shalt Meet Again' is one of my current favorite songs. Ever since I was introduced to the bands' music, Fimbulvinter has almost become a daily listen for me. It is THAT good.
16.04.2009 - 01:50
grand_corbeau
Account deleted
I bought Cry To Me, River not long ago and I liked it very much, I am going to buy some of their other stuff too, Towards The Firmaments Verge of Life and Fimbulvinter will probably be the next. I really like that kind of Folk Metal, I am sick and tired of all the other ''beer drinking party'' folk metal bands.
16.04.2009 - 02:02
Lord_Regnier
Written by [user id=40604] on 16.04.2009 at 01:50

I bought Cry To Me, River not long ago and I liked it very much, I am going to buy some of their other stuff too, Towards The Firmaments Verge of Life and Fimbulvinter will probably be the next. I really like that kind of Folk Metal, I am sick and tired of all the other ''beer drinking party'' folk metal bands.

"Beer drinking party" folk metal bands are often a bit too happy for my tastes. It sounds more like Powermetal than Black Metal in many cases.

Kroda's music is very good, imo. I just happen to dislike vocals in Ukrainian, which is something I can hardly explain as I enjoy bands who sing in Norwegian, Finnish, German or ancient Danish or use some Italian or Latin lyrics.

Personally, I prefer when bands sing in English because I can understand what they're saying, even though I can also enjoy bands who use other languages.
----
16.04.2009 - 02:41
grand_corbeau
Account deleted
Written by Lord_Regnier on 16.04.2009 at 02:02

Written by [user id=40604] on 16.04.2009 at 01:50

"Beer drinking party" folk metal bands are often a bit too happy for my tastes. It sounds more like Powermetal than Black Metal in many cases.

Exactly, I am searching for something with more depths then just happy music to dance on. Kroda's music fulfils it perfectly, some other bands that are more black metal influenced too. They deal with stronger feelings and emotions and with a lot more convictions then those party bands.
16.04.2009 - 03:25
Lord_Regnier
If you like Pagan/Viking/Folk bands, I would suggest to check Cryptic Wintermoon and Mithotyn, you might like them. Awesome bands, imo.

Mithotyn is a defunct band but you can still find their albums on the internet. Their lyrics are purely Viking-related.

Cryptic Wintermoon is a bit more brutal and has melodic Death Metal influences (especially Gothenburg influences). Not all their songs have Viking-related lyrics but roughly half of them have. Very melodic but often more brutal and aggressive than Mithotyn or Kroda. "The Age Of Cataclysm" is more 'quiet' but "A Coming Storm" and "Of Shadows...And The Dark Things You Fear" are faster and more aggressive. (and a bit less Viking-related)

I'm almost 100% sure you heard about it already, but Wintersun would be a good choice too, I believe.
----
16.04.2009 - 03:42
grand_corbeau
Account deleted
Yeah I already know Cryptic Wintermoon, I did not listen much to them but I liked what I heard, I will check more of their stuff. I will also check Mithotyn, I never heard of them, thanks for the recommendation!
17.04.2009 - 03:11
Daniel
A band you get bored of within the day, In my opinion.
----
In The Cold Winds of Nowhere