01. Twilight Zone
02. Women In Uniform [Skyhooks cover]
03. Invasion
04. Phantom Of The Opera [live]

Top 20 albums of 1981: 7
Featured in "Getting Into: Iron Maiden"

Additional info
Produced by Martin Birch.
Engineering by Martin Birch & Nigel Hewitt.
Cover art & photography by Derek Riggs & Dave Lights.

The song "Murders In The Rue Morgue" is inspired by Edgar Allan Poe''s story with the same name.

Staff review by
Pierre Tombale
Rating:
Fantastic successor Killers, you might think of it as Iron Maiden Volume II for the sound developed on the Iron Maiden album has not changed, just improved.

Starting off with the Instrumental Ides Of March you know from the first second you can expect something familiar, because the song is a different version from Samson's 'Thunderburst' (right, Samson was Bruce Dickinson's first band before Maiden). I always wondered why at live performances Ides Of March isn't used as intro for Wrathchild, the second album track, because it's obviously meant as intro for this song. But there is of course more to Killers than one song and an instrumental. In fact this album is as diverse as the predecessor using effects and clean sound in between. The Voice of Paul Di'Anno and the Metal parts come slightly more aggressive than on Iron Maiden. The production is a bit tighter. One will find the bass often highlighting the drums or playing the same fast lines as the guitars. 'Killers' is a killer album same as 'Iron Maiden'. Both are unique in sound and voice of Paul Di'Anno who had left Iron Maiden after this album. Both paved the way for Iron Maiden's further success. 'Killers' contains the two live classics 'Wrathchild' and the title track 'Killers'.

Read more ››
published 16.11.2003 | Comments (29)

Found in 89 lists
Top lists

Comments page 2 / 2

Comments: 31   Visited by: 1527 users
28.06.2024 - 08:35
Rating: 9
Cynic Metalhead
Ambrish Saxena
The very first two albums have defined the remaining Iron Maiden albums, tbh. It is perplexing for me as well to see "low ratings" behind these albums as majority of fans couldn't grasp the rawness of sound IM brought forth. Always makes me wonder why fans drifted towards later releases as they can easily associate with one-hit songs that made it more appealing.

Hits total: 23805 | This month: 101