Metal Storm logo
Iron Maiden vs Metallica

Original post

Posted by Vanhellis, 04.05.2007 - 02:29
Metallica and Iron Maiden are world wide recognized as 2 of the more important, influential, famous and outstanding bands in the history of Music, more specific Metal, so which of these 2 godlike bands you like the most?
Personally I prefer Iron Maiden because they were the ones that started the whole movement, though Metallica gave it the strenght to amaze the whole world, but you know Maiden is Maiden and they have really become legends.

Poll

Which of these 2 influential almost godlike bands you like most?

Iron Maiden
Metallica

Total votes: 758
28.06.2012 - 15:48
J:oKeR
Haha Iron Maiden of course....Metallica doesn't stand a chance...:D
----
Aaaaaaaaaa
30.06.2012 - 12:50
axelx666
Iron maiden considering they haven't sold out like other bands..*cough metallica cough* i mean the evidence is in the pudding.

i rest my case.
----
"they can't stop us,let them try,for heavy metal we will die"
"on olemassa asioita karmivimmat yönä olen yksi heistä."
" we are the new bucolic,we are the pulse of the maggots"
"END"
30.06.2012 - 18:36
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by axelx666 on 30.06.2012 at 12:50
i rest my case.

Your case being that Metallica go shopping with the money they've made? Iron Maiden may not have drastically changed their sound in order to appeal to a great audience, but they definitely have a ton of money to go shopping with.

Although I do agree that Maiden are superior. Just not for the childish reason of who sold out and who didn't. It's about the consistency and quality of the music.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
30.06.2012 - 20:29
axelx666
Written by Troy Killjoy on 30.06.2012 at 18:36

i rest my case.

Your case being that Metallica go shopping with the money they've made? Iron Maiden may not have drastically changed their sound in order to appeal to a great audience, but they definitely have a ton of money to go shopping with.

Although I do agree that Maiden are superior. Just not for the childish reason of who sold out and who didn't. It's about the consistency and quality of the music.

i never thought of it that way..but all i can say is that metallica sold out and i wasn't a big fan of death magnetic either.
----
"they can't stop us,let them try,for heavy metal we will die"
"on olemassa asioita karmivimmat yönä olen yksi heistä."
" we are the new bucolic,we are the pulse of the maggots"
"END"
09.07.2012 - 05:21
helofloki
The argument about metallica selling out or not selling out is so old (22 years) that i'm not gonna waste my time with it. Instead, even comparing both bands in their prime (the '80's) I still prefer Maiden. Metallica has a bunch of kick ass songs, but I feel like at a certain point they have a similar problem a lot of metal bands have: it sounds like a series of riffs instead of a complete song. Iron Maiden, however, develop themes and build on them as the song goes. The songs are always cohesive but never boring.
11.07.2012 - 22:53
Guib
Thrash Talker
Iron Maiden... for the consistency, the kick ass melodies, the vocal-chords ripping choruses, the show they give on stage... the first 9 classics (YES 9), the ability to recover from loss of a singer, the creativity and diversity of the lyrics and songs. I don't know it seems like its an obvious choice. Oh yeah and the fact that they tour pretty much everywhere.
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
18.07.2012 - 00:43
FinnishSammich
I really dislike Iron Maiden and Metallica has some great albums so easy choice for me.
19.07.2012 - 01:24
sallyjay
I'm not the hugest fan of both bands, but Maiden for sure. Not only do their records kick ass, but both times I've seen them live, they were absolutely phenomenal! I'm surprised bruce can run around, jump all over the place and still manage to hit all those notes the way he does, especially at his age. They are incredibly tight live(from the shows I've seen). I suppose you should be after playing the same shit all these years, but when I saw Metallica live...I was expecting a LOT more. I left feeling as if I just watched nickelback or something what with the changing clothes(I know maiden does this, but they do it with style rather than FOR style) and boring stage show(the pyro was probably the most exciting part) and most importantly, they were not tight at all considering they were playing the same stuff for over 2 decades now. Maybe they were having an off day or something, but from what I've seen and heard, both on record and live Maiden definitely have an edge over Metallica
14.08.2012 - 07:52
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
Iron Maiden for sure. I actually just saw them live three nights ago on their Maiden England Tour (celebrating 7th Son era of Maiden), and they kicked ass! I was floored the whole time. I don't think I would get the same feeling from Metallica if I went to watch one of their shows today. It's like they have to rely on pyrotechnics to really keep the crowd interested nowadays, since their performance based on recent videos I've seen on Youtube are pretty lackluster. With Iron Maiden, the pyrotechnics added an extra flavor to the performance and it made an already exciting show even more incredible. But with Metallica, it feels like they need to have it in order to keep the audience awake. As far as I'm concerned, in regards to studio album and live performance quality, Iron Maiden wins by a landslide.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
14.08.2012 - 17:47
basquetal
Where is the option "Both"?
14.08.2012 - 19:23
Cüca Beludo
Account deleted
Written by FinnishSammich on 18.07.2012 at 00:43

I really dislike Iron Maiden and Metallica has some great albums so easy choice for me.

Wow! You don't like Iron Maiden?? Now that's a rare scene. Every single person I met that like metal music like at least half of one maiden album.... with exception for my brother, that like japanese music full of make-up, and now you.
14.08.2012 - 20:42
FinnishSammich
Written by [user id=114505] on 14.08.2012 at 19:23

Wow! You don't like Iron Maiden?? Now that's a rare scene. Every single person I met that like metal music like at least half of one maiden album.... with exception for my brother, that like japanese music full of make-up, and now you.

Well, I can respect them since they've influenced lots of bands but I just don't like the sound. I tried to get into them by almost forcing myself listening to some songs but it just didn't work for me. Sorry all, don't kill me!
14.08.2012 - 21:18
Cüca Beludo
Account deleted
Written by FinnishSammich on 14.08.2012 at 20:42

Written by [user id=114505] on 14.08.2012 at 19:23

Well, I can respect them since they've influenced lots of bands but I just don't like the sound. I tried to get into them by almost forcing myself listening to some songs but it just didn't work for me. Sorry all, don't kill me!

Everybody has own opinions and musical tastes, so... you don't need to be sorry Back in 2010 I didn't liked them at first, but with the time I started to love them, even more than Metallica... My fav band at the time.

By the way... I noticed how much you like Korn....
17.08.2012 - 13:26
@gent_-_orange
/\ what?
17.08.2012 - 15:33
theFIST
Written by happymeng on 17.08.2012 at 12:45

Legendary weapons hould be unique in the diablo 3. The diablo 2 has brought many impressive items. The legenday weapons should have unique colors, and their way of their drop should also be different. What's more, a legenday weapon should has a complete background story. When you take it, you can even imagine the old wizard is pouring in some powerful magic in this weapon with serious look in the old and destroyed library. Do you want to be legendary person in the game, get some [url] to make you outstaning in the game!

you know how great a slice of parmesan can taste?
you know how good a piece of green apple is?
now combine those, it"s delicious
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:

23.08.2012 - 21:39
KingMob
Maiden all the way! But metallica are pretty sweet (pre 96)
23.08.2012 - 21:52
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Troy Killjoy on 30.06.2012 at 18:36

This is pretty much exactly my opinion too. Over the course of both band's careers, Maiden have definitely been the more consistent of the two. That Metallica "sold out" is a childish reason to vote against them, as only the actual musical content should matter. I'd definitely take the Black album and all the songs on "Load" barring "Ronnie" over much of Maiden's weaker material.
08.10.2016 - 01:07
Iron Maiden is the greatest, Metallica is overrated. Both are incredibly influential, but Iron Maiden had SO many classics in their career, Metallica had 5.
08.10.2016 - 08:44
Ganondox
Iron Maiden, it's not even a contest.
08.10.2016 - 15:55
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish
Iron Maiden.

Time was always on their side.
08.10.2016 - 22:40
LuciferOfGayness
Account deleted

Iron maiden considering they haven't sold out like other bands..*cough metallica cough* i mean the evidence is in the pudding.

i rest my case.

Armani Such a tasteless dude.
11.10.2016 - 19:05
Bubba H
Iron Maiden. Listening to Fear of The Dark right now.
09.11.2016 - 05:36
Empty Skies
Iron Maiden without a doubt.
----
17.02.2017 - 11:39
nikarg
Staff
Iron Maiden. There is nothing to compare since almost everything Metallica released after AJFA is goddamn awful.
23.04.2021 - 04:37
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
Contributor
Iron Maiden win hands down, they are a class above Metallica. Even Iron Maidens weakest albums are as good as Metallica's best.
23.04.2021 - 11:52
JoHn Doe
Written by AndyMetalFreak on 23.04.2021 at 04:37

Even Iron Maiden's weakest albums are as good as Metallica's best.

are you saying Virtual XI is as good as Ride the Lightning or Master of Puppets?
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
23.04.2021 - 20:15
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
Contributor
Quote:

are you saying Virtual XI is as good as Ride the Lightning or Master of Puppets?

Damn I always forget that one! I suppose I've always seen it as a major mistake in their discogrophy, and I've just ignored it from being a true Iron Maiden album, although the one good thing that came out of that album is the song Clansman, but I only like that sung live by Dickinson.

And sorry I may of exaggerated about comparing Metallica's best, with Maidens worst as Ride the Lightning is a great album, unfortunately it's the only album by Metallica I like.
15.05.2021 - 08:41
blackwreath13
I voted Metallica, Iron Maiden is great in short doses but not heavy enough for me in the long term which sucks now that their songs just... keep... going...

Also Ride the Lightning is umm waaay better than any Maiden album.
07.09.2021 - 00:50
F3ynman
Nocturnal Bro
Contributor
Written by blackwreath13 on 15.05.2021 at 08:41

I voted Metallica, Iron Maiden is great in short doses but not heavy enough for me in the long term which sucks now that their songs just... keep... going...

Also Ride the Lightning is umm waaay better than any Maiden album.

That's a pretty good assessment. For me it depends on my mood, ya know? Sometimes I'm fine with the long epics of Iron Maiden. Theyre great at creating these awe-inspiring atmospheres.
But sometimes I don't want to sit through a long song and instead switch to a short, fast burst of energy. That's where Metallica can be good. On AJFA they also have the problem of songs being a bit too long.
Songs on Ride the Lightning have the perfect length - just enough to grab your attention, not bore you, leave you satisfied, but also wanting to play it again .
It's close. My 3 favorite Maiden (SIT, Powerslave, Seventh Son) vs my 3 favorite Metallica (RTL, MOP, AJFA)...
From pure amount of song quality, I think I'd vote for Iron Maiden. But Metallica shouldn't be ignored! Depending on my mood, I'd probably listen to Metallica a bit more often than to Maiden. ... *sigh* I guess for Maiden vs Metallica in their prime, I call a tie!
07.09.2021 - 04:00
JsbMetal
I vote for Iron Maiden due to superior combination of quality, consistency, and durability. It's hard to vote for Metallica on the face of Lulu album alone...
----
Counterpoint
JsbMetal