Metal Storm logo
After Forever

Original post

Posted by Susan, 17.05.2006 - 07:45
After Forever is one of my favourite bands.. then and now! I love their musical evolution. They are very inspirational to me as a musician, especially Floor and Joost.

Welcome to the thread
15.08.2006 - 02:59
Susan
Smeghead
Elite
Written by Thryce on 13.08.2006 at 23:42

After Forever have posted video footage from their second rehearsal for their upcoming recording sessions at their official website. Click here to check it out. Footage from their first rehearsal as well as pictures can be found in the "downloads" section at this location.

Thank you!!!! Wow those rehearsal clips are awesome and fun. Sure, only about 4 seconds of a "new song" in the first one but it's just enough time to hear that the new album will kick SERIOUS ass.. again
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
11.09.2006 - 15:00
Thryce
Retired Staff
Elite
After Forever have uploaded video footage from the studio at their official website. Click here to check it out. The band also has new pictures from their September 9th performance at the Applepop Festival in Tiel, Holland available in the "photogallery" section at their official website http://www.afterforever.com.
----
Your favorite band sucks.
11.09.2006 - 18:51
HelplessHysteria
Account deleted
I have to say, After Forever is one of those Gothic Bands that I really love. Must be the Progressive influence.

Invisible Circles and Decipher are two of the best albums of the genre, and the use of the orchestra is one of the things that makes this band so special. It forces the structure of the song to constantly evolve into something quite creative.

And we don't even have to mention the vocals abilities of the lovely Floor Jansen.
10.10.2006 - 01:56
WindMyth
Account deleted
After Forever is a great band, they have really good songs, not really much to say, just that the vocal has a nice voice.
18.10.2006 - 09:29
SacredBlade
Ahhhhh....Floor, you're such a breath of fresh air....I hope you guys put a DVD out soon, I need a dose of some Live - After Forever!
21.10.2006 - 14:48
Thryce
Retired Staff
Elite
After Forever - New Video Update From The Studio Available:

After Forever are currently working on their next album. A new video update from the studio is available here. The band's previous video reports from the recording sessions can be found here: AF1, AF2, AF3.
(Website: http://www.afterforever.com)
----
23.10.2006 - 13:42
Raiden
Down Under Staff
Elite
Always keep us up to date with the news, eh Thryce!

I don't mind this band so much. I have their 'Decipher' album and it's not too bad. You could say that they're just another typical female-fronted 'Gothic' Metal band, but this particular female has a pretty good voice. I also find some of their songs to have some nice strong and heavy riffing to them which is good. Probably one of the better bands if I ever am in the mood for that sort of thing.

Again though, as is with most female-fronted bands, the female absolutely dominates. I don't like this in any band. The lead singer or whatever shouldn't dominate a lot, and chick singers always get noted if they have hot knockers. If you go to afterforever.com she's all over the website. It's like looking at the Leaves Eyes' website. Even in the tour pics and stuff she's basically in all of them, generally by herself.

Overall a pretty good band, but the female thing can get annoying.
----
"Scream for me Melbourne!!!!"
- Bruce Dickinson

"I don't see any god up here"
- Yuri Gagarin (while in orbit, 1961)
23.10.2006 - 19:10
Vidrageon
Account deleted
Listening to two of their albums...woah, they've totally won me over - a lot better than most gothic metal I've listened to, and she has a beautiful voice...and I usually dislike female-fronted bands. Thumbs up.
25.10.2006 - 05:19
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
After Forever is a great band indeed, lately I've been listening again this band, and it's clear that they've changed since their album "Invisible Circles", with the electronic music and stuff.
Many people say that their music was much better in the older albums, I find the new albums enjoyable too
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
26.10.2006 - 00:50
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
In last fie wieks im stick into song Iron Maiden cover ''Evil What Men Do'' I think I coment what i think about this song but I wanna hear your opinium
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
28.10.2006 - 21:22
Susan
Smeghead
Elite
Written by Raiden on 23.10.2006 at 13:42

I don't mind this band so much. I have their 'Decipher' album and it's not too bad. You could say that they're just another typical female-fronted 'Gothic' Metal band, but this particular female has a pretty good voice. I also find some of their songs to have some nice strong and heavy riffing to them which is good. Probably one of the better bands if I ever am in the mood for that sort of thing.

Again though, as is with most female-fronted bands, the female absolutely dominates. I don't like this in any band. The lead singer or whatever shouldn't dominate a lot, and chick singers always get noted if they have hot knockers. If you go to afterforever.com she's all over the website. It's like looking at the Leaves Eyes' website. Even in the tour pics and stuff she's basically in all of them, generally by herself.

What an incredibly sexist post

Most bands out there feature the lead singer prominently on the website and album pictures, regardless of the gender. I can think of many male-fronted bands who do this and many female-front bands that DON'T. Give 'em a break
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
29.10.2006 - 03:06
Bitch Boy
Lyrinan is right, this doesn't depend on the genre. Always the vocalists are the most noticed in a band, and in most cases the vocalists are the "control freaks" of the band. After Mark's departure, Floor became the leader of the band and she writes most of the lyrics.
29.10.2006 - 22:24
Philaenas
Account deleted
I just wanted to point out here that I really like this band. I do miss the heavy riffing that was going on on their first two albums a little though, yet their new stuff shows that they are able to evolve in their musical style. If I ever get nostalgic I just turn back to the older stuff . And yeah, I also think the new album will be killer when I judge the overall mood of the band on the little videos
29.10.2006 - 22:36
Vidrageon
Account deleted
I really hate the talky parts, come to think of it, so ridiculous.
30.10.2006 - 05:08
Raiden
Down Under Staff
Elite
Written by Susan on 28.10.2006 at 21:22

Written by Raiden on 23.10.2006 at 13:42

What an incredibly sexist post

Most bands out there feature the lead singer prominently on the website and album pictures, regardless of the gender. I can think of many male-fronted bands who do this and many female-front bands that DON'T. Give 'em a break

Sorry Lyrinan

You are right though, I was just making an example of these type of bands, but there are a lot of male-fronted bands that are dominated by the lead singer in such a way. There's a thread about band domination somewhere, there will be plenty of examples there. Actually, I know of a few Death Metal bands that have a chick/chicks in them that aren't the main focus. You do understand what I mean though about Within Tempation, Lacuna Coil, Leaves' Eyes, etc?
----
"Scream for me Melbourne!!!!"
- Bruce Dickinson

"I don't see any god up here"
- Yuri Gagarin (while in orbit, 1961)
30.10.2006 - 05:52
Susan
Smeghead
Elite
@Necro, YES some bands really "use" their "hot chick" to get attention and appeal to certain types of fans.... but I really don't think After Forever is one of them! Pictures of Floor aren't plastered on any of their album covers or booklets (yes she's the focus but of group shots only). I think they're trying hard to break the stereotype of "gothic" bands just because they happen to use extreme male vocals AND female vocals.

It's kind of frustrating for me when they get put in the same box as Within Temptation and Lacuna Coil since they've come so far and done amazing stuff with their last few albums. I don't think Floor uses her "hotness" for marketing purposes, she just wants to rock like the boys!
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
30.10.2006 - 10:04
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
@Bitch Boy - Dont agrie, moust Doom bands Vocalist isnt importamt importamt are music what thay created and lyrics, only 30% bands IMO are great lyrics anjoyable to read and thay are poetical, good songs cant be good poems

@Vidrageon - What are talky parts

@Necrowinter - hahah those TV, video clip bands are based to singer,
smetimes singer us emore make up how TV starts and this part of muisc I hate it

@Lyrinan and Necro about ''hot-chich'' stuff I doubt after Forever do it, but still moust off ppl pay atantion to her, but iMO even in man fronted band all band mambers are imortant and in Chich think it do bands who pplay cheep music and femaile are just for attention like Kristia(Im only one who dont like her, smae about Angela)
When I go to concerst I listen music and belive in croud are good locking girls too
----

31.10.2006 - 00:53
Vidrageon
Account deleted
@ Kariasakis7: On the Invisible Circles album, I think they're part of the plot but still >_<
31.10.2006 - 02:32
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=1279] on 31.10.2006 at 00:53

@ Kariasakis7: On the Invisible Circles album, I think they're part of the plot but still >_<

what means plot
----

31.10.2006 - 03:28
Southern Wind
Account deleted
I think he refers to the spoken parts... invisible circles would be a rather decent CD without them.
31.10.2006 - 05:01
Bitch Boy
@ K7: well, it depends on the band, and maybe the enjoyable stuff in doom metal bands is the music and the lyrics, but still with this, sometimes the vocalist is the control freak (because he/she's the songwriter or the only founder remaining).
31.10.2006 - 07:05
Susan
Smeghead
Elite
Yes, once I learned how to edit .mp3s Invisible Circles became one of my favourite albums Between Love & Fire is one of their best songs for me now, dialogue free!
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
31.10.2006 - 14:44
Vidrageon
Account deleted
Ooh, teach me how, or share your edited Invisible Circles album....whenever I hear the ridiculous talking parts I just have to listen to other music xD.

Oddly enough, Rhapsody doesn't annoy me in the same way.
01.11.2006 - 15:28
Thryce
Retired Staff
Elite
After Forever - Video Footage From South American Tour:

After Forever guitarist Sander Gommans has made a compilation of five hours worth of video footage shot on the band's recent South American tour. However, due to restrictions set by their former label (Transmission) they can't use their own songs in this video. Go to this location to check it out.
----
01.11.2006 - 15:36
Southern Wind
Account deleted
thanx Thryce, that sounds interesting... I saw them in that south american tour and at elast the concert here was killer...

@lyrinan: damn, I would ask you to teach me how to edit but is too late... I exchanged my copy of invisible circles.
10.11.2006 - 05:20
Lorien
Account deleted
Floor is the best female singer on the metal scene!!!
She has a voice like a goddessssssssssss...

And I'm glad they broke up the contract with the Transmission rec.
Now, we'll have the opportunity to see them live one day
20.11.2006 - 09:01
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Staff
@Lorien, yes, with their new label I hope they will be able to do much more extensive touring too! After the response that Epica got here in the US on their last tour, I am sure that there will be just as many people interested in seeing After Forever live. And I'm still looking forward to their new CD.... I've really appreciated all of the studio vids and updates the band has given.
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
24.11.2006 - 23:39
Bitch Boy
Sorry if someone has asked this before, but are there any news about the date of the new album's release?
09.12.2006 - 20:03
Thryce
Retired Staff
Elite
Written by Bitch Boy on 24.11.2006 at 23:39

Sorry if someone has asked this before, but are there any news about the date of the new album's release?

According to the band, a March 2007 release is planned.

Woohoo After Forever confirmed tody for Metal Female Voices Fest 5 in Wieze (Belgium) in October 2007.
Now I'm definitely there!

Also, looking forward to their new album
----
09.12.2006 - 23:24
Bitch Boy
Thanks dude!! As I've already said, 2007 comes with great releases, and of course After Forever's is one of the most expected by me.