Metal Storm logo
What philosophy do you base your life on?

Original post

Posted by Unknown user, 17.06.2006 - 15:26
As the topic indicates... What is the philosophy, quote, saying etc... that you base you life mostly on and use basicly every day in your life with yourself and your surroundings?
I mainly follow the quote : "To be or not to be? That is not the question! To BE! But to be what?" it kind of makes me think about every choice i make in my life and every path i choose to take with myself and my surrounding.
04.07.2006 - 10:14
CrematorY
Account deleted
Written by Linak on 04.07.2006 at 08:04

Well that's rather simple actually, 'Don't look back', 'Everything happens for a reason' and 'Life is individually experienced'

well yeah i think so too... i mean it seems that you believe that your destined and cannot control your own destiny..... (Everything happens for a reason) and requesting ignorance (don't look back)...
05.07.2006 - 03:34
Aresius
Account deleted
my philosophy...why should I study? Im going to die anyways...
05.07.2006 - 11:03
Aszsharaah
Account deleted
Well, I don't really think there's a motto to which I guide my life... and about philosophy, I'm mostly a sceptic I suppose... never trust anything, at least not untill it's been put to the test
05.07.2006 - 11:44
CrematorY
Account deleted
@Aresius: :S welll you are gonna die anyways, why do you eat, drink, sleep, and even live? why dont you kill yourself since you are gonna die on both ways????
@Aszsharaah: well more scientific than sceptic.... well thats the best thing you can ever do
05.07.2006 - 21:19
Aresius
Account deleted
hmm
05.07.2006 - 21:38
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Written by [user id=5381] on 03.07.2006 at 09:32

we must think 3x about our future more than our present, because without having a future goal, a future prospect, and a future view about ourselves and our enviroment, we will never have goals, and thus we will never have any profound meanings to our lives which will lead us not to have a meaning to our present.

Yes, that is true, but I was thinking about more personal things. Like for example: sh*t, I'm gonna fail that exam. Dude, you're here, now, so get you punk ass behind the books. Of course we have to think of begood our planet and society, and yes, one must have goals in life, but thinking what could happen if... next month or so.... it just makes me feel lame and nervous when I do that so I tend not to do that.

And about the past... Of course we mustn't forget what happened to us once and we must perserve our memories, even bad ones, but as you said, to learn from it and get experience and not to think about ''oh damn, I wish I would react or do otherwise then....''. Everything happens for a reason, I believe that now, since not so long ago something almost catharsic happened to me which made me believe that. Sometimes life just HAS TO hurt like a bi*ch.... Sad but true.
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
06.07.2006 - 08:33
Erosive Offals
Account deleted
My philosophy is do whatever you want whenever you want, don't ever compromise integrity, and live as much as you can as often as you can, even if you die young because of it. Tomorrow might not come. I live my life as if I would die tomorrow and I'm loving every second of it.
06.07.2006 - 10:30
CrematorY
Account deleted
Written by AnGina-- on 05.07.2006 at 21:38

Yes, that is true, but I was thinking about more personal things. Like for example: sh*t, I'm gonna fail that exam. Dude, you're here, now, so get you punk ass behind the books. Of course we have to think of begood our planet and society, and yes, one must have goals in life, but thinking what could happen if... next month or so.... it just makes me feel lame and nervous when I do that so I tend not to do that.

And about the past... Of course we mustn't forget what happened to us once and we must perserve our memories, even bad ones, but as you said, to learn from it and get experience and not to think about ''oh damn, I wish I would react or do otherwise then....''. Everything happens for a reason, I believe that now, since not so long ago something almost catharsic happened to me which made me believe that. Sometimes life just HAS TO hurt like a bi*ch.... Sad but true.

Well i agree with you if your taking it in that manner you should have clarified at first place i thought you ment that just live your life like it is, dont give a fuck about what happened and what will happen to you
By the way, don't you think this topic should belong to the serious discussions section? Can any admin or moderator transfer this topic to the serious discusisons forum? because i think it belongs there...
08.07.2006 - 09:36
Woven Elegy
Account deleted
My philosophy is based on this:
"When you are born, you are born with a terminal and inevitable illness 'You Will Die'. Nobody truly knows when you will die or what happens after you die, so make the most out of the life you have now, never have regrets and always be happy in what you do."
13.07.2006 - 05:19
Darryl/2112
Account deleted
live fast live hard,that was back then now i try to make the most of my time life waits for no one.next thing you know all you young ones will be 30 yrs old.
14.07.2006 - 05:05
Endoftherainbow
I base my life on "the best mind is a beginners mind" because then you're more open to learning new things.
14.07.2006 - 05:58
..ExoTeaR..
my life guideline would is...... if i give you my opinion on somthing take it or leave it, people dont have to give there opinions to me so when they doo i listen and then debate and i never tell anyone tochange there opinions cause i dont like it when people tell me that i should change mine simple but in general im about indulgence and enjoying life and MONEY
----
[-0-] Aussie Aussie Aussie!!!
25.07.2006 - 09:19
nana.MD
Star-Queen
hmm...basically
- money is not the most important thing in life...
- everything happens for a reason...
- all you need is love...
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
27.07.2006 - 09:16
CrematorY
Account deleted
Written by nana.MD on 25.07.2006 at 09:19

Ill take that aside all except that hehe
28.07.2006 - 21:19
Nevermemos
Account deleted
mmm...my philosofy is very simple to understand, everything i do or i have to do must be for good reason. i don't care if we die someday, it's not that point, the point is (for me) if everything you have done in your life will effect others people lives in later days
29.07.2006 - 16:31
CrematorY
Account deleted
Written by [user id=15134] on 28.07.2006 at 21:19

mmm...my philosofy is very simple to understand, everything i do or i have to do must be for good reason. i don't care if we die someday, it's not that point, the point is (for me) if everything you have done in your life will effect others people lives in later days

Well yeah i use that too in my life, i use it not only because of what people will say about me later, or how it will effect people, but i also use it because of its link to my future concequences, so its best for me before others to do what is right
29.07.2006 - 18:45
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
The one passage I am really trying to follow right now says "If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head."

SOmething that is easier said than done, no?
----
(space for rent)
30.07.2006 - 17:12
Anthem
Laws of life are pretty simple and if obeyed create a just society.

1. be productive, man is either a producer or a parisite to society.

2. You are free to do whatever you choose, so long as you do not violate the rights of another human bieng.
----
I swear by my life and love for it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor shall I ask another to live for me.

John Galt
30.07.2006 - 19:31
dark awakening
...Kill them before they kill you...
----
Baptized in a lake of acid tears...
31.07.2006 - 21:17
CrematorY
Account deleted
@ bluescaponne : very nice simple, yet complex rules!!!!!
@ dark awakening : Sadistic philosophy
07.08.2006 - 04:49
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Live life the fullest,there is always a new day tomorrow
07.08.2006 - 18:54
dark awakening
@ CrematorY : Sadistic, but fuckin' simple
----
Baptized in a lake of acid tears...
07.08.2006 - 19:01
Bulus
Everything is arranged, just relax and enjoy.
08.08.2006 - 04:21
Fimbulvetr
Account deleted
I think that life is too short so basically we should have a good time. Do things we like, have fun etc. You never know what is going to happen the next minute.
10.08.2006 - 16:16
PRIMAL FEAR
Account deleted

hmm...basically

Made me laugh like hell, damn that was good... especially the last one
13.08.2006 - 03:48
marinBG
feel good whatever you're doing... your life is in the present... and don't forget to stay metal along the way... fun is good!
----
...cause I don't give a fuck if you hate me!
13.08.2006 - 07:27
Metalguaska
Well, my life philosophy is living day by day, and try not to look much forward, that way unexpected things (good or bad) have more value to me... and of course, music...
----
Gonorrea Hijueputa Gonorrea Hijueputa Gonorrea Hijueputa Gonorrea Hijueputa Gonorrea Hijueputa Gonorrea Hijueputa Gonorrea Hijueputa Gonorrea Hijueputa Gonorrea Hijueputa Gonorrea Hijueputa Gonorrea Hijueputa Gonorrea Hijueputa Gonorrea Hijueputa Gonorrea
15.08.2006 - 23:59
Nevermemos
Account deleted
Occultus -> respect
16.08.2006 - 01:02
Bad English
Tage Westerlund

hmm...basically

LOL

You say what I think, I hate money I hate when all reason for live are money and people do all for money,
Well Im not rich people, but I newer dont count money, I spend it and donyt care about what I get tomorow, maybe I die tomorow from heartattack or find one million box in street, who cares,

All you need is love dont agrie, all you need are freedom, muisc, lil foot and booze and love can wate till other day

Love cxan wate, love can wate, love can wate till another day yeah Iron Maiden, love is worts reason to live

Quote:
Occultus -> respect

those smylies shood respect each other, if you know what I mean
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
16.08.2006 - 23:17
Nevermemos
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 16.08.2006 at 01:02

hmm...basically

LOL

You say what I think, I hate money I hate when all reason for live are money and people do all for money,
Well Im not rich people, but I newer dont count money, I spend it and donyt care about what I get tomorow, maybe I die tomorow from heartattack or find one million box in street, who cares,

All you need is love dont agrie, all you need are freedom, muisc, lil foot and booze and love can wate till other day

Love cxan wate, love can wate, love can wate till another day yeah Iron Maiden, love is worts reason to live

Quote:
Occultus -> respect

those smylies shood respect each other, if you know what I mean

of course i do my friend