Metal Storm logo
Alcohol

Original post

Posted by Unknown user, 08.06.2008 - 23:46
This is the new alcohol thread...discuss your favorite alcohol beverages...
17.08.2008 - 15:49
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 17.08.2008 at 13:35

Written by Valentin B on 17.08.2008 at 00:26

(i saw an episode of brainiac where Tickle experimented and it seemed that there is a difference between British beer and Lager, British = weak and Lager = strong or something like that)

EDIT: aaaand you removed the really true pic in your profile

OKay to sset some misconceptions straight here. Lager is the same as Pilsner and varies in strength between 4.5 and 5.3% Pilsner is the name after the town where they first made this sort of beer, and the method they used there is called lagering (hence Lager)
As for British beers... there is such a hige variety that it is impossible to say that they are generally weak. You have your Lagers/Pilsners, Bitters, Pale Ales, Indian Pale Ales, Stouts, Porters, Barley Wines etc. and British beer strengths vary from 3.4 to around 12%

I guesss with so many different brands of beer, there must be some real high quality there?? Im asking because Im not familiar with british beer, at all.
----
17.08.2008 - 16:13
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Stalker on 17.08.2008 at 15:49

(i saw an episode of brainiac where Tickle experimented and it seemed that there is a difference between British beer and Lager, British = weak and Lager = strong or something like that)

OKay to sset some misconceptions straight here. Lager is the same as Pilsner and varies in strength between 4.5 and 5.3% Pilsner is the name after the town where they first made this sort of beer, and the method they used there is called lagering (hence Lager)
As for British beers... there is such a hige variety that it is impossible to say that they are generally weak. You have your Lagers/Pilsners, Bitters, Pale Ales, Indian Pale Ales, Stouts, Porters, Barley Wines etc. and British beer strengths vary from 3.4 to around 12%

I guesss with so many different brands of beer, there must be some real high quality there?? Im asking because Im not familiar with british beer, at all.

There are loads of British quality beers, to get an idea of the amount of breweries around http://www.camra.org.uk/page.aspx?o=breweries those are the opnes that were present at this year's Great British Beer Festival
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

23.08.2008 - 23:14
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
I was wondering what everyone thought about this issue in particular:
Would lowering the drinking age in the US from 21 to 18 encourage safer drinking habits?

FOR: Many people under 21 have to secretly drink and it gives alcohol more of a romanticism allure, an act of rebellion. Europe doesn't seem to have a problem with it, why are we such a mess?

AGAINST: More access = More Danger?

I personally have been drinking a lot less since I reached legal drinking age, but I can not speak for everyone.
24.08.2008 - 06:23
Insects Of Death
Account deleted
i think mostly all foreign beer is good
but i like some american beer
24.08.2008 - 07:11
VPeter
For beer I allways preferd Guinness and other Irish and British beer, but from my own country I allways pick Hertog Jan.
I also like French and Spanish wine.
25.08.2008 - 23:12
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
Wow, I need to start drinking again so I get one of these! http://poolsidepong.com/

The only problem is I need the girls and the pool to come with it!

Does seem a little close too...
26.08.2008 - 11:21
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Introspekrieg on 23.08.2008 at 23:14

I was wondering what everyone thought about this issue in particular:
Would lowering the drinking age in the US from 21 to 18 encourage safer drinking habits?

FOR: Many people under 21 have to secretly drink and it gives alcohol more of a romanticism allure, an act of rebellion. Europe doesn't seem to have a problem with it, why are we such a mess?

AGAINST: More access = More Danger?

I personally have been drinking a lot less since I reached legal drinking age, but I can not speak for everyone.

well, there is actually no legal drinking age here, of course it's illegal to sell it to minors but no-one really cares for that. the thing is, i hear lots of news about drunk drivers and shit, but very few of them underage, other than that almost nothing about drunken felonies by underage people. so we don't really have a problem with alcoholism.

now that i think of it, i never even thought about it being illegal when i drank before, it was just so common that no-one actually gave a shit.
26.08.2008 - 17:34
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
Written by [user id=26446] on 26.08.2008 at 13:41

Alcohol can be so harmful for so many people like me being a full alcoholic, drinking did a lot of damage to me physically, mentally and emotionally. The problem is I like the shit way to much and it gets to the point where it becomes so easy to consume (especially Jack Daniels and Jim Beam in a can) and becomes a way of life, basically like I used to be as a pot smoker.

I was at the point where I was going to work every day pissed, drinking as soon as I got home and then I realised it had to end after getting completely blind drunk and hammering myself so hard on a bike haven't had a drink since then either.

I don't have anything against others drinking, it's just for me it's better I don't

It seems like you had an addictive personality... but that is great that you made a decision to improve your quality of life, many people die before they get the chance! Me... I can take it or leave it...
30.08.2008 - 01:52
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
fuck light beer. im denouncing any and all light beer to be INFERIOR to all others. anything that doesnt have "light" in the title is superior to the plethora of light beers in this unholy of beer markets.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
30.08.2008 - 03:24
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
well duuuuh lol
31.08.2008 - 03:31
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
Has anyone ever been so drunk they have fallen while sitting down?
02.09.2008 - 21:53
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Introspekrieg on 31.08.2008 at 03:31

Has anyone ever been so drunk they have fallen while sitting down?

hah, i can't see the vid but i know this one girl which was 14(!) at the time, we had like a school farewell party, we were all going to go to high school, and she somehow got enormously drunk and couldn't even sit on a chair LOL we had to put 3 chairs head to head so she could sleep or something.

i asked this in the shoutbox but it's best if i say it here: the only name brand whiskies here(that i can think of right now) are Chivas(normal to 21 years age), Jack Daniels, J&B and Johnnie Walker(i've only seen the ones with red and green box). which is the best of these?
02.09.2008 - 22:00
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
Written by Valentin B on 02.09.2008 at 21:53

i asked this in the shoutbox but it's best if i say it here: the only name brand whiskies here(that i can think of right now) are Chivas(normal to 21 years age), Jack Daniels, J&B and Johnnie Walker(i've only seen the ones with red and green box). which is the best of these?

Out of those I like Jack, specifically Gentleman's Jack not no. 7.
I'm sure there are astronomically better whiskeys out there but I like this in particular
04.09.2008 - 07:47
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Canadian Club is a great brand of whiskey... http://www.canadianclubwhisky.com/
04.09.2008 - 18:23
Bad English
Tage Westerlund

Do you know some internet site where I can order in internet scotish whisky
I found www.whisky.com, but it seems from USA and if its more how 20 euros its stupid costum taxes
So Oban price was about 70 dollars, I wanna order from Europe

EDDIT
Hanna show me this
http://www.parkerswhisky.co.uk

maybe there others
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
06.09.2008 - 00:02
Valentin B
Iconoclast
i just found out i am the most alcohol-responsive person in history. i had like 2(yes, two) glasses of white wine and my brain was dizzy, i almost couldn't talk right, though i could walk straight and shit. oh well, guess it's better to be like this then to waste tons of money on booze, but never get drunk.
06.09.2008 - 18:09
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Valentin B on 06.09.2008 at 00:02

i just found out i am the most alcohol-responsive person in history. i had like 2(yes, two) glasses of white wine and my brain was dizzy, i almost couldn't talk right, though i could walk straight and shit. oh well, guess it's better to be like this then to waste tons of money on booze, but never get drunk.

Well, that sucks anyway
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
08.09.2008 - 18:38
Valentin B
Iconoclast
i just had a little dry white wine from California(yes, California), it's pretty good, it's from a company called "365" and you can only find it in certain stores.
09.09.2008 - 20:33
EaTNaLiVe666
Account deleted
Favorite drinks? For me it would have to be anything rum. I like Bacardi, Bacardi gold, Bacardi 151 proof, Captain Morgans Spiced, Captain Morgans Dark, and theres this one kind from Newfoundland and its called Screech, its amazing.
09.09.2008 - 21:34
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
My roommate is such a dumbass... we decided to split a bottle of whiskey and I come home to find it in the freezer...
10.09.2008 - 20:26
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Introspekrieg on 09.09.2008 at 21:34

My roommate is such a dumbass... we decided to split a bottle of whiskey and I come home to find it in the freezer...

So? All that does is cool it. It doesn't freeze solid.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

10.09.2008 - 20:33
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I hate when people put into drinks ice specely in whisky realy hate it, I always drink it whit no ice
----

10.09.2008 - 21:48
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 10.09.2008 at 20:26

Written by Introspekrieg on 09.09.2008 at 21:34

So? All that does is cool it. It doesn't freeze solid.

But I prefer it at room temperature, something about drinking it cold just doesn't taste the same...
I told him if he is mixing it with coke to just chill the cola and not the whiskey...
11.09.2008 - 01:58
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Bad English on 10.09.2008 at 20:33

I hate when people put into drinks ice specely in whisky realy hate it, I always drink it whit no ice

Yeah, same here. I don't get the point of putting ice in it at all. Like...it just waters it down and makes it harder to drink. I hate when ice touches my teeth -_-
12.09.2008 - 08:33
nana.MD
Star-Queen
...i had the worst hangover of my whole life a couple of weeks ago...it was jaggermeister's fault!!! lol
...i've never felt that bad...my head was exploding, i was trembling, freezing, dizzy...horrible!! i liked jagger but now i think i won't be drinking it again
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
12.09.2008 - 16:34
Abattoir
Staff
Written by nana.MD on 12.09.2008 at 08:33

...i had the worst hangover of my whole life a couple of weeks ago...it was jaggermeister's fault!!! lol
...i've never felt that bad...my head was exploding, i was trembling, freezing, dizzy...horrible!! i liked jagger but now i think i won't be drinking it again

You ''won't be drinking it again'' I know that sentence pretty much ...and the next weekend it ends probably the same
12.09.2008 - 23:58
nana.MD
Star-Queen
Written by Abattoir on 12.09.2008 at 16:34

You ''won't be drinking it again'' I know that sentence pretty much ...and the next weekend it ends probably the same

...hahaha i know i may have said that a couple of times before, but this time is different lol...i just smell jagger and feel sick haha...maybe someday...like next year!!
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
13.09.2008 - 00:11
Bad English
Tage Westerlund

I dont kmow why but Jager, once I drunk about 400 grams and I puked from it, I enevr puke from strong alcohol(only vodka what i truly hate), In past I can handle maybe 600grams, more, never puked, but from Jager, I dont wanna it now too
----

13.09.2008 - 01:18
nana.MD
Star-Queen
Written by Bad English on 13.09.2008 at 00:11

I dont kmow why but Jager, once I drunk about 400 grams and I puked from it, I enevr puke from strong alcohol(only vodka what i truly hate), In past I can handle maybe 600grams, more, never puked, but from Jager, I dont wanna it now too

...see!! i totally agree with u...as i said before, this was the worst hangover i've ever experienced!!!
----
15.09.2008 - 17:51
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
I know that I am one of the very few beer enthousiasts on this site. I.e. somehow who doesn't really like the ccommercial powerhouses such as Heineken, Carlsberg, Tuborg, Budweiser etc. but like to drink beers brewed by microbreweries.

Last weekend I went to Copenhagen by train with a couple of friends to attend the European Beer Festival. All in all we tasted about 100 beers at the festival. They were served in tasting glasses which could only hold 10 cl though. The festvial was huge... on Firday just over 10,000 people attende, and on Saturday about 17,500. I sdon't know how many on SUnday... but their aim was 20,000 over three days, so they shattered that hahahaa.

ALL 90+ Danish breweries were present with almost all of their beers. There was also a large selection of German, British, Belgian, Dutch, Finnish, Polish, American beers present. All in all there must have easily been over 2,000 beers present. The festival booklet itslef was already 300+ pages. Many beer stands also served some food snacks prepared with beer. And there was also a luncheon/dinner tent where you could buy good beer meals.

So if it is hosted again next year I am sure gonna go again.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996