Metal Storm logo
Judas Priest

Original post

Posted by Demonizer, 17.05.2006 - 17:11
ha! now I've got the opportunity to open a thread for my fav band, I'll certainly take it!!

So who else is curious about the new album?? apparantly the band is hoping to start their next tour in early 2007
21.05.2008 - 06:57
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by RavenLord on 20.05.2008 at 22:07

Written by Arian Totalis on 20.05.2008 at 18:47

I thought Priest lived in Burmingham England

Funnily enough, Rob moved house. The band are still based in England.

Wow, you learn something new everyday.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
27.05.2008 - 08:47
Valentin B
Iconoclast
i just noticed my guitar looks almost exactly the same(mine isn't as pointy in the stratocaster-horns) as KK's guitar in the video for You've Got Another Thing Comin', which is good considering he and Glen are one of my 2 favourite guitarists ever, and the song is my priest all-time favourite.

Written by Tangerine on 21.05.2008 at 04:02

Anyone enjoy their early blues-esqe stuff?

"Cheater" seemed like an underrated and simple classic to me.

out of Rocka Rolla(lol not really on RR), i only enjoy Armored Saint's cover of 'Never Satisfied'.. pretty much nothing else.
27.05.2008 - 11:55
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
I have a confession: I listened to the Painkiller album for the very first time yesterday! Luckily I liked it...I can't believe I haven't listened to JP before. That album is just brilliant. Shame on me
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
29.05.2008 - 13:00
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by GT on 27.05.2008 at 11:55

I have a confession: I listened to the Painkiller album for the very first time yesterday! Luckily I liked it...I can't believe I haven't listened to JP before. That album is just brilliant. Shame on me

whaat? blasphemy! lol, there's always time to repent

@anyone do you know if they'll play just the songs from Nostradamus.. i mean, there's some songs that i really would kill to hear live by them like You've Got Another Thing Comin', Breaking the Law, Living after Midnight, Electric Eye etc...
29.05.2008 - 22:30
Gordon Freeman
Written by Valentin B on 29.05.2008 at 13:00

Written by GT on 27.05.2008 at 11:55

whaat? blasphemy! lol, there's always time to repent

@anyone do you know if they'll play just the songs from Nostradamus.. i mean, there's some songs that i really would kill to hear live by them like You've Got Another Thing Comin', Breaking the Law, Living after Midnight, Electric Eye etc...

Depends on the set length. If they're headlining they'll play all their concert standards, which include all the ones you named (except maybe Electric Eye)

I saw them the year they got back together on one of their 'between Ozzfest' dates with Slayer and Hatebreed (I'm not huge on Hatebreed but it was pretty cool to see Rob Halford come out on the stage and kiss Jamie Jasta). They played about two hours and included just about any song you would want to see live including Victim of Changes, The Ripper, and Hellbent For Leather (and yes Halford brought out the Harley) This is the only real way to see a band like Judas Priest.
----
God Dammit Doug! Take off your hat, Night Moves is playing. Don't be a prick man!

http://www.last.fm/user/Axl_The_Viking
29.05.2008 - 23:01
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Gordon Freeman on 29.05.2008 at 22:30

I saw them the year they got back together on one of their 'between Ozzfest' dates with Slayer and Hatebreed (I'm not huge on Hatebreed but it was pretty cool to see Rob Halford come out on the stage and kiss Jamie Jasta). They played about two hours and included just about any song you would want to see live including Victim of Changes, The Ripper, and Hellbent For Leather (and yes Halford brought out the Harley) This is the only real way to see a band like Judas Priest.

well yeah, they're headlining the last day of a music festival, it's kind of like the 'metal day' of the fest. lol i'm thinking right now of any band that they could be the support acts of... and only Zeppelin, Sabbath and Rolling Stones come to mind. their support acts are Primal Fear and Ross the Boss(is there any slim chance they might play manowar songs?)
29.05.2008 - 23:16
Gordon Freeman
Written by Valentin B on 29.05.2008 at 23:01

Written by Gordon Freeman on 29.05.2008 at 22:30

well yeah, they're headlining the last day of a music festival, it's kind of like the 'metal day' of the fest. lol i'm thinking right now of any band that they could be the support acts of... and only Zeppelin, Sabbath and Rolling Stones come to mind. their support acts are Primal Fear and Ross the Boss(is there any slim chance they might play manowar songs?)

Primal Fear opening for Judas Priest is kind of funny...

It'll be like watching a lesser Priest before the actual Priest.

All I know is that when they come to America they're going to be on the same stage as Testament, Motorhead and Heaven and Hell (that's Dio era Black Sabbath)

...and I'll probably miss the show. And that sucks...
----
God Dammit Doug! Take off your hat, Night Moves is playing. Don't be a prick man!

29.05.2008 - 23:21
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Gordon Freeman on 29.05.2008 at 23:16

All I know is that when they come to America they're going to be on the same stage as Testament, Motorhead and Heaven and Hell (that's Dio era Black Sabbath)

lol if testament weren't there the tour would have been called something like Jurassic Park Live lol.. anyway it sounds like pure awesomeness, the only essential band that's not on the list is Maiden imo.
29.05.2008 - 23:26
Gordon Freeman
Written by Valentin B on 29.05.2008 at 23:21

Written by Gordon Freeman on 29.05.2008 at 23:16

lol if testament weren't there the tour would have been called something like Jurassic Park Live lol.. anyway it sounds like pure awesomeness, the only essential band that's not on the list is Maiden imo.

I don't think Iron Maiden has toured with any of the old NWOBHM bands in some time...I think there is some tension there. I could be wrong through. But I can't remember them ever being on the same ticket in the last decade or so.
----

01.06.2008 - 14:40
Lord TJ
If Iron Maiden toured with Judas Priest, that would be the ultimate tour!

Nuff said!
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
01.06.2008 - 20:37
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Lord TJ on 01.06.2008 at 14:40

Nuff said!

and expencive
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
02.06.2008 - 07:53
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Yeah, but I would kill 52 nuns and destroy all of Divinci's paintings to see that tour
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

02.06.2008 - 10:24
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Arian Totalis on 02.06.2008 at 07:53

Yeah, but I would kill 52 nuns and destroy all of Divinci's paintings to see that tour

It gonna be if IM cost about 60 euros it can be 150
----

apos;'
[image]
02.06.2008 - 14:53
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Written by Bad English on 02.06.2008 at 10:24

But we would pay it any way I paid around 90 Euros for my Maiden ticket and if Priest was playing as well I wouldn't think twice even if the price was 200
----

02.06.2008 - 14:58
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by GT on 02.06.2008 at 14:53

Written by Bad English on 02.06.2008 at 10:24

But we would pay it any way I paid around 90 Euros for my Maiden ticket and if Priest was playing as well I wouldn't think twice even if the price was 200

I would pay if I had such money
----

apos;'
[image]
02.06.2008 - 15:01
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
@K7: I haven't got that kind of money, but somehow I would find it...even if it led to a hefty overdrafted account
----

02.06.2008 - 15:18
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by GT on 02.06.2008 at 15:01

@K7: I haven't got that kind of money, but somehow I would find it...even if it led to a hefty overdrafted account

Man I live in wromng country here you cant get suck money whit out being slave and work in factory 20 hours in day
----

apos;'
[image]
03.06.2008 - 01:50
Baz Anderson
Staff

Nuff said!

you've already got Judas Priest and Black Sabbath (and Motörhead and Testament!) touring the U.S.A. later in the year - is that not enough?? hahaha
03.06.2008 - 02:52
Gordon Freeman
Written by Baz Anderson on 03.06.2008 at 01:50

Nuff said!

you've already got Judas Priest and Black Sabbath (and Motörhead and Testament!) touring the U.S.A. later in the year - is that not enough?? hahaha

They're both hitting the European festivals pretty hard this summer as well. I think they'll even play on a few of the same fests, though not on the same days...
----

03.06.2008 - 13:46
Valentin B
Iconoclast
sorry for the caps lock, but IF ANYONE ATTENDS THE JUNE SHOWS PLEASE POST HERE SO I AT LEAST KNOW THE SETLIST!! PLEAAAAAASE!!!
03.06.2008 - 16:54
Lord TJ
Written by Baz Anderson on 03.06.2008 at 01:50

You dare question the awesomeness of the combined powers of Iron Maiden and Judas Priest?! BLASPHEMY!!!
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

04.06.2008 - 14:58
Baz Anderson
Staff
Written by Valentin B on 03.06.2008 at 13:46

sorry for the caps lock, but IF ANYONE ATTENDS THE JUNE SHOWS PLEASE POST HERE SO I AT LEAST KNOW THE SETLIST!! PLEAAAAAASE!!!

first setlist of their tour:

01. Intro: Dawn of Creation
02. Prophecy
03. Metal Gods
04. Eat Me Alive
05. Between the Hammer and the Anvil
06. Devil's Child
07. Breaking the Law
08. Hell Patrol
09. Death
10. Dissident Aggressor
11. Angel
12. The Hellion / Electric Eye
13. Rock Hard, Ride Free
14. Sinner
15. Painkiller
---------------
16. Hell Bent for Leather
17. The Green Manalishi (With the Two-Pronged Crown)
18. You've Got Another Thing Coming

well, there's a few missing I would like to see - "Exciter" for one, and no "Diamonds And Rust"!!!!!!!!! - but that looks like a nice setlist to me!! - "Dissident Aggressor" - how about that!! they can't have done that for years..
I can't wait for Download to see them!! my first time - it will be somewhat of an emotional experience probably. haha
04.06.2008 - 21:38
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Baz Anderson on 04.06.2008 at 14:58

Written by Valentin B on 03.06.2008 at 13:46

first setlist of their tour:

01. Intro: Dawn of Creation
02. Prophecy
03. Metal Gods
04. Eat Me Alive
05. Between the Hammer and the Anvil
06. Devil's Child
07. Breaking the Law
08. Hell Patrol
09. Death
10. Dissident Aggressor
11. Angel
12. The Hellion / Electric Eye
13. Rock Hard, Ride Free
14. Sinner
15. Painkiller
---------------
16. Hell Bent for Leather
17. The Green Manalishi (With the Two-Pronged Crown)
18. You've Got Another Thing Coming

well, there's a few missing I would like to see - "Exciter" for one, and no "Diamonds And Rust"!!!!!!!!! - but that looks like a nice setlist to me!! - "Dissident Aggressor" - how about that!! they can't have done that for years..
I can't wait for Download to see them!! my first time - it will be somewhat of an emotional experience probably. haha

yeah, i've asked another member(Jiii) to tell me the setlist and i saw dissident aggressor there and i thought fuck yeah! though ripper would have been perfect for that song.. and Eat Me Alive... fuck! literally! good thing priest doesn't have those fancy drawing projections on the screen in the back of the band, i wonder what they would look like for that song and i wonder if there were any girls singing along

and i'd definetely like to hear, instead of Devils Child, Hell Patrol, Angel, Rock Hard, Between the Hammer and Sinner, these:

the sentinel(i'd go see them even if they play like 3 songs and this is one of them)
jawbreaker(i wonder if halford can still do the outro chorus, you know... jaaw...BREEAAAAKEEEER)
turbo lover
rapid fire(if he sings the way ripper does the bridge on Live Meltdown i swear i'm gonna cream myself)
victim of changes or beyond the realms of death(can't imagine a priest concert without one of it)
love bites(same as for Sentinel.. absolutely the best song on Defenders)
and of course the medley of Hellion/Electric Eye/Riding on the Wind. sure that would make about 10 minutes but the hellion is like 'easiest song in the world' and wouldn't that be a fucking KILLER 'last song' before the encore(where is LIVING AFTER MIDNIGHT????)

and a few they've played live so rarely but i'd definetely like to hear(at least in a future tour) are Dreamer Deceiver, Better by You Better than Me, Johnny B Goode(yes i just wrote that ), One Shot at Glory and Ram it Down.(with no lights on the stage, everything goes silent, then Halford unleashes the purest, clearest, highest, rawest scream ever known to man, the intro scream of Ram it Down!)

yeah i'm a scream maniac and it's gonna be my first time too. i absolutely can't wait.

PRIEST FANBOYS FTW!
05.06.2008 - 00:44
VPeter
Decided to give this band a chance again, I disliked them a lot in the past but recently I lisitend to their debut and kinda liked it.
so I downloaded Painkiller since everybody seems to praise that album and I must say.... damn! what a HORRIBLE album!
sorry to you priest fans, but Rob Halford's annyoing screams ruin it for me and the album is just plain boring.
then again most heavy metal is not my bag.
05.06.2008 - 01:00
Baz Anderson
Staff
Written by VPeter on 05.06.2008 at 00:44

Decided to give this band a chance again, I disliked them a lot in the past but recently I lisitend to their debut and kinda liked it.
so I downloaded Painkiller since everybody seems to praise that album and I must say.... damn! what a HORRIBLE album!
sorry to you priest fans, but Rob Halford's annyoing screams ruin it for me and the album is just plain boring.

Try "Defenders Of The Faith".
"Painkiller" is a little full-on.
05.06.2008 - 11:25
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Baz Anderson on 05.06.2008 at 01:00

Try "Defenders Of The Faith".
"Painkiller" is a little full-on.

For begginers painkiller are awsome, becuase peole who likes agrresive thay can get easely to 80ties and 70ties JP
----

apos;'
[image]
05.06.2008 - 12:28
Valentin B
Iconoclast

wait. you say you liked their DEBUT? you mean like Rocka Rolla? if that's the case then check out their stuff according to their release year: rocka rolla->sad wings->sin after sin->stained class etc. right up until angel of retribution and nostradamus. it's really fascinating how their music progressed so smoothly up until the gargantuan kick in the nuts known as Painkiller which imo is the best album ever btw
05.06.2008 - 20:22
heresiarch
Forever Dead
Tuesday I was at the gig in Helsinki first time in years JP had excellent sound , guitars and vox were suprisingly clear , usually it is total distortion at 115 decibels

and opening act KIUAS was totally kicking ass
----
Heaven queen , carry me away from all pain

No reason to live for
One reason to die for

... To live for my death ...
11.06.2008 - 07:52
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Oh my FUCKING god I just heard the single from Nostradamus and I love it! I'm very happu with the end result. I'ma pick that shit up the day it drops!
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

12.06.2008 - 19:57
Lord TJ
Written by Arian Totalis on 11.06.2008 at 07:52

Oh my FUCKING god I just heard the single from Nostradamus and I love it! I'm very happu with the end result. I'ma pick that shit up the day it drops!

I haven't heard much of the album, but for some reason I was not expecting a great result from it, probably because of their age. I really need to buy the album, regardless, its a Metalhead essential!
----