Metal Storm logo
Indians Vs. Run To The Hills

Original post

Posted by Thrashard, 22.01.2009 - 06:01
I thought it would be interesting to see which of these two classic Indian themed songs by classic bands would win.

I would have to say that Run To The Hills gets my vote. Lyrically though, I would give the win to Anthrax for obvious reasons. Run To The Hills is undeniably catchy as hell, and comes from perhaps the first 'true' Heavy Metal album that I ever bought and loved.

Vote and discuss.

Poll

Which is the better indian song?

Run To The Hills - Iron Maiden
Indians - Anthrax

Total votes: 116
28.08.2014 - 03:21
JD
Account deleted
Written by Guib on 28.08.2014 at 00:08

P.S. at MS staff, you guys should ban making polls that includes Iron Maiden, they always win... freakin' hackers.

Hahaha
30.08.2014 - 21:21
Ganondox

Run to the Hills, musically it's just better IMO. The melody is better, and the lyrics flow better as well. Oh, and I actually think Indians is cheesier as well.
04.09.2014 - 22:23
Dedcalm
Account deleted
Id say run to the hills, but as songs about native Americans go id say that Spirit horse of the Cherokee by Manowar beats them both.
31.12.2014 - 21:24
Infernal Eternal

Indians is better. +1 for Spirit Horse Of The Cherokee.
----
{}::::::[]:::::::::::::::::> ONLY DEATH IS REAL <:::::::::::::::::[]::::::{}
Rest In Peace: Bon Scott, Dave G. Halliday, Michael "Destructor" Wulf, Jerry Fogle, Quorthon, Witchhunter
20.06.2015 - 21:38
Maco
Pvt Funderground
I think The Number Of The Beast is totally overrated, but Run To The Hills is one of the best IM songs and Indians is my least favorite song from Among The Living. So my vote goes for IM.
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
21.06.2015 - 23:23
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Maco on 20.06.2015 at 21:38

I think The Number Of The Beast is totally overrated, but Run To The Hills is one of the best IM songs and Indians is my least favorite song from Among The Living. So my vote goes for IM.

Number has nothing to do whit those 2 songs
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
22.06.2015 - 02:29
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Written by Bad English on 21.06.2015 at 23:23

Written by Maco on 20.06.2015 at 21:38

Number has nothing to do whit those 2 songs

Run To The Hills is a song from Number m8.
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
22.06.2015 - 10:57
Warman
Erotic Stains
Indians without a doubt. That's just a good song. Run to the Hills on the other hand. Overrated Maiden song, been tired of it for the last 13 years probably, vomit in my mouth everytime they play it live.

It's a good song. I just don't wanna hear it anymore.
----
22.06.2015 - 13:25
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Warman on 22.06.2015 at 10:57

Indians without a doubt. That's just a good song. Run to the Hills on the other hand. Overrated Maiden song, been tired of it for the last 13 years probably, vomit in my mouth everytime they play it live.

I agree , I am tired of that IM song and Number as well
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
22.06.2015 - 20:26
Lit.
Account deleted
Indians is bar none the worse song on Among The Living, with the most cringe-worthy pre-chorus and chorus I've ever heard in a thrash metal song and lyrics that try to sound meaningful but are actually really bad. Run To The Hills is superior, no contest, even if just because it's one of the few good songs on Number Of The Beast.
23.06.2015 - 03:22
Totenlieder

Written by Warman on 22.06.2015 at 10:57

My thoughts as well.
----
Blut & Krieg
06.11.2021 - 19:39
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
"Run To The Hills", for me it's no contest.
06.11.2021 - 19:45
JoHn Doe

Indians - Anthrax I guess.

Run to the Hills, overplayed and even overrated IMO.
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
06.11.2021 - 19:53
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
Written by JoHn Doe on 06.11.2021 at 19:45

I admit "Run To The Hills" is highly overplayed and overrated, but I've never been a fan of Anthrax, I had no alternative in this one unfortunately
06.11.2021 - 19:56
JoHn Doe

Written by AndyMetalFreak on 06.11.2021 at 19:53

Written by JoHn Doe on 06.11.2021 at 19:45

I admit "Run To The Hills" is highly overplayed and overrated, but I've never been a fan of Anthrax, I had no alternative in this one unfortunately

I'm not a fan of Anthrax either, but I do like them and listen to them every once in a while.
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.