Metal Storm logo
Ov Hell

08.02.2010 - 15:13
csiga
Munin
What do you think of the new all star black metal band, Ov Hell? They release their first album today. Has anyone got it already?
----

i survived the lake bodom!
08.02.2010 - 15:17
Lord Neithan

I have: I got the promo for reviewing for Dutch Lords of Metal.
Such an act will never come up to the expectations, because of the legendary history of the individual musicians. It is a good album, but also exactly what you can expect. Compare that feeling to the latest Gorgoroth and Immortal albums. Perhaps it is best to see the band as a logical consequence of God Seed falling apart when Gaahl decided to quit play black metal.
----
staring at tits is like staring at the sun: if it is more than just a glimpse look it will get you into trouble!
08.02.2010 - 20:43
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I think this is searching of past and tryuing be like in eraly 90's get old sound beck waht they changed, nothimg more how try make superband to sell more n more, because time in this life is limited for band and even I like it this is nostalgy of past, but I prefere past more
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
09.02.2010 - 17:39
RICK LOBSTER

Ov Hell are better than Troll.
09.02.2010 - 18:07
Lord Neithan

Gheghe, that is a matter of personal taste since the new Troll (Neo-Satanic Supremacy) is a great one with some less predictability. Both albums are worth the money though.
----
staring at tits is like staring at the sun: if it is more than just a glimpse look it will get you into trouble!
10.02.2010 - 01:09
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
Hmm...from what I've heard on their myspace it doesn't seem like much new, as I stated in a previous thread about the band. None the less, I'm procuring the album right now to see what it's like, also just got Troll to see what that's like - so far it seems like early Dimmu.
10.02.2010 - 11:41
Lord Neithan

Written by Bitter Dawn on 10.02.2010 at 01:09

Hmm...from what I've heard on their myspace it doesn't seem like much new, as I stated in a previous thread about the band. None the less, I'm procuring the album right now to see what it's like, also just got Troll to see what that's like - so far it seems like early Dimmu.

Agreed, it's a kind of best of Nagash trhoughout history: early Dimmu, but also a bit in between the second album ('Nexus Polaris') and a touch of the electronics of the third one ('Animatronics'). Yet everyone waiting for another 'Drep De Kristne' can wait a while longer ;-)
----
11.02.2010 - 13:53
Lord_Regnier

Written by Bitter Dawn on 10.02.2010 at 01:09

I dislike Troll. It sounds too much like Dimmu Borgir (a band I can't stand at all). Also, the music sounds much too industrial and 'modern' for my tastes.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"