Metal Storm logo
Theatres Des Vampires

Original post

Posted by Katatronik, 08.11.2006 - 15:23
Well, this is a simple forum: discuss Theatres Des Vampires!
For those who don't know this incredible Italian band, they play an excellent mixture of Symphonic Black and Gothic metal (maybe the last album isn't black, only gothic) with almost exclusively vampiric lyrics, full of erotic, bloody and black shades...
In the last album Alexander quits the band, and TdV changes a little bit their style... But they remains a great band in my opinion!

So, tell me what do you think about their music, their lyrics, their songs and explain your reasons...
Come on, discuss!

18.03.2010 - 23:33
VampyJess
Wow its been a long time since I was on this forum! So a moody hey to everyone and anyone have any news regarding the current state of TDV? Anyone know how Sonya is doing these days?
21.04.2010 - 16:17
Vonpire
Written by BitterCOld on 10.12.2008 at 09:00

Written by Jason W. on 10.12.2008 at 08:45

Written by BitterCOld on 10.12.2008 at 07:58

They'd better hope and pray that Depeche Mode/Sire Records legal team doesn't ever stumble on to the track "Dust" - the opening bit sounds oh so slightly familiar to DM's "Black Celebration", released over 20 years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCSlaOD_JI0

Okay, my knowledge of Depeche Mode is not as good as it should be (mainly from laziness in not getting their albums), but I don't think the similarity is that strong... Inspired by DM, yes. But certainly not in a way to draw anyone's attention. I do see what you are saying though! But the DM song is more enjoyable, I think, so thanks for bringing it up

What did you think of the rest of the album, "Anima Noir"?

I still don't think it measures up to what I think is a masterpiece, Pleasure & Pain... "Anima Noir" seems to pull too much off of others' ideas, whereas Pleasure & Pain had its own identity to me.

if the notes are not identical, the sequence is... the equivalent of just sliding the starting point a key or two up the keyboard. even the guitar chimes in on the same opening note (powerchord) that the secondary keyboard kicks in on the 45/46 second mark of the youtube clip. it's pretty blatant. it's perhaps a notch below Vanilla Ice claiming the opening beat to "Ice Ice Baby" wasn't a rip off of "Under Pressure" because of one extra high hat click.

as for the cd, honestly, i did not like it at all. made it through three tracks (the highpoint was The Cult cover, "Rain"), then "Dust" finished it for me. maybe i'll check out the rest later - it's not my cup of tea to begin with, but the rip off of one of my favorite songs ever was particularly disenchanting to me.

OMG ! Yup it's true, D.M. are one of my fav bands and this intro is a copy of Black Celebration... The bad part is that Black Celebration is wayyy better xD

Maybe they got D.M. Approval...
Anyway, i don't like Anima Noir that much

It's not bad but not that good also. Maybe a 7.
----
Beware the Shadows of Dusk