03. Devil's Stigmata
04. Anti-Human, Anti-God
05. For Satan My Blood
06. Screamin' Legions Death Metal
07. Intoxicated By Goat Vomit
08. Angels' Assassins
09. Beast Inside
10. Goathorned's Revenge

It's really great when a great band just comes out of nowhere and breaks every bone of your fragile body; Azarath is one of those bands, no use wondering why, they feature members from Yattering, Damnation and the one and only "Inferno" from Behemoth, now you do the math.

"Diabolic Impious Evil" is their third full-length if I'm not mistaken, the saddeing part is that, even with three incredible releases, Azarath remains unknown by the Death Metal masses. Back to their new album; the band offers chaotic Brutal Death Metal with a Blackened touch thrown in the mix, kind of what Behemoth did in "Demigod" but even darker and colder, creating a lot of grim atmospheres combined with brutal solos and blast-beats.

You can't lose with a line-up like this one; I already knew this was going to be a great musical experience without even hear the album. The talented musicians deliver great songwriting skills, tight execution and blasting structures; the production helps a lot as well, the sound is clean and really piercing, making all the instruments clear as water and loud as hell.

As good as this album is, it still doesn't qualifies as a masterpiece; the general scheme (brutal as the day is long) lacks of catchy tunes for us to remember, and then, the only "truly" remarkable song (for its preservation) would be Screamin' Legions Death Metal just for being the only song featuring mid-paced riffs and catchy beats. Still, the cuts are managed in a "non-stop action", so you'll be able to sit and hear the whole thing without a rest, your ears will probably bleed and your head will almost explode for the brutality on this album, but, in the end, it's totally worthwhile.

Brutal-Freaks must hear this album, Behemoth need to hear what "Inferno" crafted here and Death Metal aficionados will be really pleased with "Diabolic Impious Evil". Don't mind the cover artwork though; I also thought this was Raw-Black Metal.

Best Tracks: "Screamin' Legions Death Metal", "Whip The Whore", "Goathorned's Revenge"

Rating breakdown
Performance: 8
Songwriting: 9
Originality: 8
Production: 7

Written by Herzebeth | 20.12.2006

Comments

Comments: 2   Visited by: 48 users
20.12.2006 - 22:10
KwonVerge
Odysseus
Lol, i had received this to review it xD You took a burden from me Good album nevertheless, just not my type, i prefer Behemoth though.
----
Dec. 30, 1334.

...And the whiskey and wine entered our veins when blood was too weak to carry on.
21.12.2006 - 20:34
Passenger
Lost To Apathy
Great album, really evil and relentless Death Metal. It's not hard to shine when you have the best drummer around though.
----
You don't make up for your sins in church. You do it in the streets. You do it at home. The rest is bullshit and you know it ~ Mean Streets

Hits total: 4881 | This month: 5